Steelers Xtreme Forum

HomeBrowns at Steelers - Page 3 Home10RegisterLog inContact
Become a member of the Steelers Xtreme community to join in on the discussions and get access to members-only forums. Registering is free and easy.

Browns at Steelers

Go down 
+5
SteelerFreak58
IowaSteeler927
SteelersYak
Great Randino
Shalieve5090
9 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3
AuthorMessage
Great Randino

Browns at Steelers - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Browns at Steelers   Browns at Steelers - Page 3 EmptySun Dec 01, 2019 8:39 pm

Stella Nation wrote:
Browns at Steelers - Page 3 FinishedIt_1024x1224
Browns at Steelers - Page 3 184121345 Browns at Steelers - Page 3 184121345
Back to top Go down
Great Randino

PostSubject: Re: Browns at Steelers   Browns at Steelers - Page 3 EmptySun Dec 01, 2019 8:39 pm

https://2img.net/u/3315/14/51/45/smiles/184121345.gif
Back to top Go down
LambertWardSteel

PostSubject: Re: Browns at Steelers   Browns at Steelers - Page 3 EmptyMon Dec 02, 2019 12:57 am

nine vegetable wrote:
Stella Nation wrote:
Browns at Steelers - Page 3 FinishedIt_1024x1224
Browns at Steelers - Page 3 184121345 Browns at Steelers - Page 3 184121345

Browns at Steelers - Page 3 3562723908

PostSubject: Re: Browns at Steelers   Browns at Steelers - Page 3 EmptyMon Dec 02, 2019 1:05 am

This one sure was sweet. We send out the college offense and still beat the mighty Browns. Their 5-7 record has the sure 'deep playoff run' predicted by all the experts seriously in doubt. Meanwhile in Pittsburgh we start 3rd string QB, rookie RB, scrape some WRs together, and hold the 6th playoff spot going into game 13.

PostSubject: Re: Browns at Steelers   Browns at Steelers - Page 3 EmptyMon Dec 02, 2019 1:11 am

Good article at Pitts Post Gazette

Commentary: The Steelers win games and get to the playoffs, the Browns talk and wear T-shirts

Quote :
Freddie Kitchens proved how much of a meathead he is Sunday after the Steelers beat the Browns, 20-13. He proved how tone deaf and clueless he is and proved how he isn’t the right coach for that team nor is he capable, at this point, of being a leader of men.

Kitchens wore a T-shirt the other night that said “Pittsburgh started it” in reference to the brawl at the end of the game between the Browns and Steelers a few Thursdays ago. Kitchens was photographed out in public wearing the shirt and of course, it became material for the the Steelers locker room bulletin board.

“Listen, the T-shirt didn’t have anything to do with us at the minus-1 moving out,” Kitchens said. “I wore a t-shirt, I wore a jacket with it, my daughters wanted me to wear the shirt and I’d do it again. I wore the t-shirt, I put a jacket on, I took a picture with a fan, it is as simple as that. T-shirt didn’t cause us to give up 40 yard passes and things, we were ready to play. That’s the only thing people need to be concerned about, we were ready to play.”

Wonderful. And since he said it with such conviction, I believe him. I believe he is just that dumb enough to not understand why an adult man, who is supposed to be a leader of a young team, shouldn’t do things like that two nights before a game.

Actually all you need to do is listen to the Steelers and compare what they said about the T-shirt to know exactly the difference between these two organizations.

“You just don’t see that from upper management,” Ramon Foster said. “We all have to grow as professionals in some sense but I am glad Coach T doesn’t do things like that. There were so many things that happened in that game.

Foster was then asked if he thought that was disrespectful for Kitchens to wear a shirt like that.

“I’ll leave that to you guys,” Foster said. “But I know our coach would have never have done something like that. Why throw gas? I know I said I wouldn’t answer but when you do something like that, you throw your players in harm’s way. I mean, he is not on the field. You throw your players in harm’s way when you do stuff like that.”

Look, the t-shirt isn’t relevant. I actually happened to find it to be somewhat funny. The thing is, though, it is a symbol of a much, much deeper problem with the Browns. They have a lot of talent, they are far more talented the Steelers - especially on offense — right now. They don’t win nearly enough and there is a reason.

I couldn’t put my finger on it but I finally figured it out. I talked to one of the beat reporters about the Browns and asked him what the problem was. He answered “they are the most immature team I’ve ever covered or been around. And it starts at the top with the coach.”

That’s it. That is actually the heart of the problem with the Browns and really the difference between these two teams and franchises. As Foster said, you wouldn’t catch a Steelers coach or executive trolling another team like that. And they have actually won something and been to the playoffs and all that.

Kitchens attitude sets the tone for the rest of his team. All that team has done is talk. Talk, talk, talk. Talk about how great they are, what they are gonna do, who they are gonna beat. Baker Mayfield is the ultimate frat boy quarterback who needs to grow up and learn what it takes to be a professional. The Browns are talented, they just talk too much and they have accomplished absolutely nothing.

To quote former Steelers safety Lee Flowers “"They talk so much and they go to Pro Bowls because they talk. They ain't nothing but paper champions. That's all they are and that's all they're ever going to be."

Exactly. The t-shirt is not relevant, what it represents, however - an immature organization led by an immature and clueless coach - is very relevant. The Browns spent the offseason talking about how great they are. They spent the last two weeks after they beat the Steelers talking about how great they are. And then they went out and got bullied by their big brother again.

Kitchens should be fired at the end of the season. He shouldn’t be fired because the Browns lost this game. He shouldn’t be fired because he wore a t-shirt. He should be fired because he is a terrible leader for a locker room full of guys in needed of leadership and guidance.

The Steelers were playing extremely shorthanded. They have an offense pieced together with duct tape. There is no reason they should have won this game. They did, though, and that’s because they are the Steelers and the Browns are still the Browns.

Full article:  

https://www.post-gazette.com/sports/steelers/2019/12/01/The-Steelers-win-games-and-get-to-the-playoffs-the-Browns-talk-and-wear-T-shirts/stories/201912010191

PostSubject: Re: Browns at Steelers   Browns at Steelers - Page 3 EmptyMon Dec 02, 2019 3:06 am

They sealed their fate when they showed Williams the door. Some players didn't like him - because he made them be disciplined and they didn't like that. But he had them winning games.

Political correctness was partly why they let him walk. They didn't want the architect of the Saints' bounty gate to be their coach. PC be damned, they should've named him their head coach last year instead of firing him for his outstanding job.
Back to top Go down
solardave

solardave

PostSubject: Re: Browns at Steelers   Browns at Steelers - Page 3 EmptyMon Dec 02, 2019 3:27 am

LambertWardSteel wrote:
Good article at Pitts Post Gazette

Commentary: The Steelers win games and get to the playoffs, the Browns talk and wear T-shirts

Quote :
Freddie Kitchens proved how much of a meathead he is Sunday after the Steelers beat the Browns, 20-13. He proved how tone deaf and clueless he is and proved how he isn’t the right coach for that team nor is he capable, at this point, of being a leader of men.

Kitchens wore a T-shirt the other night that said “Pittsburgh started it” in reference to the brawl at the end of the game between the Browns and Steelers a few Thursdays ago. Kitchens was photographed out in public wearing the shirt and of course, it became material for the the Steelers locker room bulletin board.

“Listen, the T-shirt didn’t have anything to do with us at the minus-1 moving out,” Kitchens said. “I wore a t-shirt, I wore a jacket with it, my daughters wanted me to wear the shirt and I’d do it again. I wore the t-shirt, I put a jacket on, I took a picture with a fan, it is as simple as that. T-shirt didn’t cause us to give up 40 yard passes and things, we were ready to play. That’s the only thing people need to be concerned about, we were ready to play.”

Wonderful. And since he said it with such conviction, I believe him. I believe he is just that dumb enough to not understand why an adult man, who is supposed to be a leader of a young team, shouldn’t do things like that two nights before a game.

Actually all you need to do is listen to the Steelers and compare what they said about the T-shirt to know exactly the difference between these two organizations.

“You just don’t see that from upper management,” Ramon Foster said. “We all have to grow as professionals in some sense but I am glad Coach T doesn’t do things like that. There were so many things that happened in that game.

Foster was then asked if he thought that was disrespectful for Kitchens to wear a shirt like that.

“I’ll leave that to you guys,” Foster said. “But I know our coach would have never have done something like that. Why throw gas? I know I said I wouldn’t answer but when you do something like that, you throw your players in harm’s way. I mean, he is not on the field. You throw your players in harm’s way when you do stuff like that.”

Look, the t-shirt isn’t relevant. I actually happened to find it to be somewhat funny. The thing is, though, it is a symbol of a much, much deeper problem with the Browns. They have a lot of talent, they are far more talented the Steelers - especially on offense — right now. They don’t win nearly enough and there is a reason.

I couldn’t put my finger on it but I finally figured it out. I talked to one of the beat reporters about the Browns and asked him what the problem was. He answered “they are the most immature team I’ve ever covered or been around. And it starts at the top with the coach.”

That’s it. That is actually the heart of the problem with the Browns and really the difference between these two teams and franchises. As Foster said, you wouldn’t catch a Steelers coach or executive trolling another team like that. And they have actually won something and been to the playoffs and all that.

Kitchens attitude sets the tone for the rest of his team. All that team has done is talk. Talk, talk, talk. Talk about how great they are, what they are gonna do, who they are gonna beat. Baker Mayfield is the ultimate frat boy quarterback who needs to grow up and learn what it takes to be a professional. The Browns are talented, they just talk too much and they have accomplished absolutely nothing.

To quote former Steelers safety Lee Flowers “"They talk so much and they go to Pro Bowls because they talk. They ain't nothing but paper champions. That's all they are and that's all they're ever going to be."

Exactly. The t-shirt is not relevant, what it represents, however - an immature organization led by an immature and clueless coach - is very relevant. The Browns spent the offseason talking about how great they are. They spent the last two weeks after they beat the Steelers talking about how great they are. And then they went out and got bullied by their big brother again.

Kitchens should be fired at the end of the season. He shouldn’t be fired because the Browns lost this game. He shouldn’t be fired because he wore a t-shirt. He should be fired because he is a terrible leader for a locker room full of guys in needed of leadership and guidance.

The Steelers were playing extremely shorthanded. They have an offense pieced together with duct tape. There is no reason they should have won this game. They did, though, and that’s because they are the Steelers and the Browns are still the Browns.

Full article:  

https://www.post-gazette.com/sports/steelers/2019/12/01/The-Steelers-win-games-and-get-to-the-playoffs-the-Browns-talk-and-wear-T-shirts/stories/201912010191

Personally I hope they keep him as coach.
Back to top Go down
LambertWardSteel

PostSubject: Re: Browns at Steelers   Browns at Steelers - Page 3 EmptyMon Dec 02, 2019 2:39 pm

I saw this comment on a Brown forum, just classic Browns at Steelers - Page 3 2981382511

Quote :
This game was dreadful. Third string undrafted QB for Steelers, no Ben no Smith - Schitstorm, no Pouncey, people playing who I never heard of. We knew the Steelers defense was good but their offense seemed to get into a rhythm as the game went on. If you can’t take the Steelers now, then when?

solardave

PostSubject: Re: Browns at Steelers   Browns at Steelers - Page 3 EmptyMon Dec 02, 2019 5:01 pm

LambertWardSteel wrote:
I saw this comment on a Brown forum, just classic Browns at Steelers - Page 3 2981382511

Quote :
This game was dreadful. Third string undrafted QB for Steelers, no Ben no Smith - Schitstorm, no Pouncey, people playing who I never heard of. We knew the Steelers defense was good but their offense seemed to get into a rhythm as the game went on. If you can’t take the Steelers now, then when?

Browns at Steelers - Page 3 2573146105
Back to top Go down
IowaSteeler927

IowaSteeler927

PostSubject: Re: Browns at Steelers   Browns at Steelers - Page 3 EmptyTue Dec 03, 2019 7:18 am

Kitchens is an absolute idiot for wearing that shirt. Nate Burleson was standing up for him on GMFB saying it's just a shirt and not a big deal...

Not a big deal? It was bulletin board material and even more motivation for a Steelers squad that already had a bone to pick with your football team. It wasn't a good look. If a player wears it, nobody would care, I know I wouldn't. But a Head Coach, who represents the franchise at one of the highest levels, who is supposed to be a leader, and supposed to set an example? That's just not professional in my book. After the game you're apologizing, and supporting Garrett getting disciplined. You follow that up with wearing a shirt that says exactly the opposite... brilliant.

Kitchens deserved the shade being thrown his way after wearing that in public. If your kids bought you that shirt that's fine, wear it at home, not out in public where you're making a statement whether you want to or not.

Just more stupidity from people who are supposed to be leaders in the Browns organization. Trying to right the ship in the all the wrong ways.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyGLM8goxBzHK5YBJBS9uaQ
solardave

solardave

PostSubject: Re: Browns at Steelers   Browns at Steelers - Page 3 EmptyTue Dec 03, 2019 7:38 am

This sums it up pretty good I think.

https://www.foxsports.com/watch/the-herd-with-colin-cowherd/video/1651788355825?itm_source=parsely-api?utm_campaign=team_page&utm_medium=fscom&utm_source=main_content&utm_content=highlights
Back to top Go down
jak341

jak341

PostSubject: Re: Browns at Steelers   Browns at Steelers - Page 3 EmptyThu Dec 05, 2019 4:52 pm

Petty cool statistics for TV viewership.

https://twitter.com/heinzfield/status/1202675349592715266?s=19
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Browns at Steelers   Browns at Steelers - Page 3 Empty

Back to top Go down

Browns at Steelers
Page 3 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3