Steelers Xtreme Forum

HomeRatings Crash 23% for Week 9 on Sunday Night Football, Continuing Season Long Decline Home10RegisterLog inContact
Become a member of the Steelers Xtreme community to join in on the discussions and get access to members-only forums. Registering is free and easy.

Ratings Crash 23% for Week 9 on Sunday Night Football, Continuing Season Long Decline

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Master_Of_Puppets

Master_Of_Puppets

Ratings Crash 23% for Week 9 on Sunday Night Football, Continuing Season Long Decline Empty
PostSubject: Ratings Crash 23% for Week 9 on Sunday Night Football, Continuing Season Long Decline   Ratings Crash 23% for Week 9 on Sunday Night Football, Continuing Season Long Decline EmptyTue Nov 10, 2020 9:05 pm

Ratings Crash 23% for Week 9 on Sunday Night Football, Continuing Season Long Decline 512807920  say her name...black lives matter ...
did these morons seriously think throwing the racist accusation at anything and everything wasn't going to piss viewers off ?  the only reason i am even watching games is because i stream them with an app, so i dont think i count towards the ratings. the NFL or any sport will never make a dime off of me ever again..  Ratings Crash 23% for Week 9 on Sunday Night Football, Continuing Season Long Decline 1401235891
i am now boycotting all main stream NWO media....Newsmax or nothing baby !! Ratings Crash 23% for Week 9 on Sunday Night Football, Continuing Season Long Decline 568088689

The NFL was expecting the first big game after Election Day to earn a big ratings bump. However, the game delivered the exact opposite result by crashing 23 percent over 2019.

Quote :

The league was especially looking forward to Sunday’s ratings because the weekend’s game was a grudge match between quarterback stars Tom Brady of the Tampa Bay Buccaneers and Drew Brees of the New Orleans Saints.

Brees and his Saints blew out six-time Super Bowl winner Brady with a 38 to 3 final, but the ratings did not keep rise to expectations. In fact, the ratings were just as bad of a blowout.

According to Sports Media Watch, Sunday Night Football’s numbers fell 23 percent over 2019’s Week 9 game, netting NBC only 9.5 ratings and 16.88 million viewers.

In fact, Week 9’s viewership was even a decline from Week 8’s 16.93 million viewers.

But Sunday’s tumble in the ratings was not the only Week 9 game to fall into the basement.

Sports Media Watch noted that the game on Fox was down 14 percent, Thursday Night Football on Fox was down six percent, and the Baltimore-Indiana game on CBS was down 11 percent. The only game that saw a rise in viewership was the Pittsburgh-Dallas game on CBS which gained a tiny two percent.

The NFL has been expecting TV ratings to jump now that politics and other sports are in the rear-view mirror. At least with Week 9, that is not yet the case.
https://www.breitbart.com/sports/2020/11/10/ratings-crash-23-week-9-sunday-night-football-continuing-season-long-decline/
Back to top Go down
effyou515

effyou515

Ratings Crash 23% for Week 9 on Sunday Night Football, Continuing Season Long Decline Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ratings Crash 23% for Week 9 on Sunday Night Football, Continuing Season Long Decline   Ratings Crash 23% for Week 9 on Sunday Night Football, Continuing Season Long Decline EmptyWed Nov 11, 2020 4:38 am

Next to nobody at the stadiums, streaming and people tuning out the NFL also sports bars in my area don't have the cars in the parking lot like they did last year.

When players start to think their bigger then their audience / viewers / fans good thing don't happen l haven't bought any NFL merchandise in years. when players stated to laugh at 10 million a year contracts is when l stopped spending money on the NFL. Still watch Steelers games because there free for me to watch.

used to like going to games the Falcons stadium is less then an hour away haven't done that in years.

same with the main stream news.

And once again the truth is found

Master_Of_Puppets likes this post

Back to top Go down
IowaSteeler927

IowaSteeler927

PostSubject: Re: Ratings Crash 23% for Week 9 on Sunday Night Football, Continuing Season Long Decline   Ratings Crash 23% for Week 9 on Sunday Night Football, Continuing Season Long Decline EmptyFri Nov 13, 2020 3:04 am

I watch the games when they are on locally, or listen to them on SNR. Only because some of our players aren't acting like woke idiots and oppressed victims. I however refuse to spend any more money on things like Sunday Ticket, and anything officially licensed by the NFL.

I'm pretty sick of all the woke stuff as well, players telling the stories of these so called "victims" on NFL.com as if the majority of these people that have been killed by the police weren't career criminals or anything.  They're just ignoring facts of particular cases and painting some of the wrong types of people out as innocent little angels that were simply gunned down or killed without reason. That's not to say that the police don't do wrong, or make mistakes, they do and definitely have but some of these cases were absolutely justified and they basically just pretend they weren't and ignore factual evidence.

They need to stop with the woke, politically correct crap and simply provide entertainment. Fans don't watch this stuff because they want to see a bunch of rich, entitled athletes telling us what we should and shouldn't believe. We watch it because we love the game, and we want an escape. For me in particular, it's become less of an escape, and gotten more towards the crap I have to deal with in my job and that makes it not as much fun to me.

As for the news, I can't watch any of it anymore. It's so absolutely biased it makes me sick to watch it. These media shills never report anything good or positive anymore, all they want is dirty laundry and negativity. It's never this officer saved someone's life today, it's let's talk about how this career criminal scumbag got shot in a completely different state after he ran at the police with a knife, and make the police out to be the bad guys. It's let's constantly talk about Donald Trump because he lives in our collective minds. It's let's go to riots and give these Antifa and BLM scumbags the spotlight so they continue to act out and try to get their 15 minutes of fame. I literally watched the riots in Des Moines back in March on TV, since so many of our local "clientele" had been released due to COVID I was literally sitting there picking out faces of career criminals in the crowd... definitely not activists, definitely not protestors. Just career criminal scumbags using the situation for personal gain (looting), and to lash out at authority with relative anonymity. The media portrayed these people as simple protestors just angry at alleged police misconduct... Some of those people there were there to peacefully protest, but a lot of them were wolves hiding amongst the sheep. So needless to say, I don't even turn that garbage on anymore. Good journalism and reporting is dead.

effyou515 and LambertWardSteel like this post

Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyGLM8goxBzHK5YBJBS9uaQ
LambertWardSteel

PostSubject: Re: Ratings Crash 23% for Week 9 on Sunday Night Football, Continuing Season Long Decline   Ratings Crash 23% for Week 9 on Sunday Night Football, Continuing Season Long Decline EmptyFri Nov 13, 2020 11:13 pm

IowaSteeler927 wrote:
I watch the games when they are on locally, or listen to them on SNR. Only because some of our players aren't acting like woke idiots and oppressed victims. I however refuse to spend any more money on things like Sunday Ticket, and anything officially licensed by the NFL.

I'm pretty sick of all the woke stuff as well, players telling the stories of these so called "victims" on NFL.com as if the majority of these people that have been killed by the police weren't career criminals or anything.  They're just ignoring facts of particular cases and painting some of the wrong types of people out as innocent little angels that were simply gunned down or killed without reason. That's not to say that the police don't do wrong, or make mistakes, they do and definitely have but some of these cases were absolutely justified and they basically just pretend they weren't and ignore factual evidence.

They need to stop with the woke, politically correct crap and simply provide entertainment. Fans don't watch this stuff because they want to see a bunch of rich, entitled athletes telling us what we should and shouldn't believe. We watch it because we love the game, and we want an escape. For me in particular, it's become less of an escape, and gotten more towards the crap I have to deal with in my job and that makes it not as much fun to me.

As for the news, I can't watch any of it anymore. It's so absolutely biased it makes me sick to watch it. These media shills never report anything good or positive anymore, all they want is dirty laundry and negativity. It's never this officer saved someone's life today, it's let's talk about how this career criminal scumbag got shot in a completely different state after he ran at the police with a knife, and make the police out to be the bad guys. It's let's constantly talk about Donald Trump because he lives in our collective minds. It's let's go to riots and give these Antifa and BLM scumbags the spotlight so they continue to act out and try to get their 15 minutes of fame. I literally watched the riots in Des Moines back in March on TV, since so many of our local "clientele" had been released due to COVID I was literally sitting there picking out faces of career criminals in the crowd... definitely not activists, definitely not protestors. Just career criminal scumbags using the situation for personal gain (looting), and to lash out at authority with relative anonymity. The media portrayed these people as simple protestors just angry at alleged police misconduct... Some of those people there were there to peacefully protest, but a lot of them were wolves hiding amongst the sheep. So needless to say, I don't even turn that garbage on anymore. Good journalism and reporting is dead.

Very well said. My wife and I live in a small town that does not have a local police force. Instead we are patrolled by state police. We run at a small park that often has police there. We believe countering what's been going on starts one person at a time. We've made effort to stop, talk to these guys, and thank them for showing up for work that day. A couple really opened up to us and the stories they were telling were just hard to believe. It just doesn't seem rational that things have come to this point. They have my complete respect for continuing to show up for work with the risks they are taking and the politics they have to endure.

Master_Of_Puppets, effyou515 and IowaSteeler927 like this post

Back to top Go down
IowaSteeler927

IowaSteeler927

PostSubject: Re: Ratings Crash 23% for Week 9 on Sunday Night Football, Continuing Season Long Decline   Ratings Crash 23% for Week 9 on Sunday Night Football, Continuing Season Long Decline EmptySat Nov 14, 2020 7:38 am

LambertWardSteel wrote:

Very well said. My wife and I live in a small town that does not have a local police force. Instead we are patrolled by state police. We run at a small park that often has police there. We believe countering what's been going on starts one person at a time. We've made effort to stop, talk to these guys, and thank them for showing up for work that day. A couple really opened up to us and the stories they were telling were just hard to believe. It just doesn't seem rational that things have come to this point. They have my complete respect for continuing to show up for work with the risks they are taking and the politics they have to endure.

It's been a crazy year. Even us jailers have had a rough go. People quit, we're short handed, mandatory overtime is destroying morale, barely anyone applies when they put out to hire, we have to deal with covid and wear masks all shift long, to top that off we deal with inmates that are increasingly aggressive and emboldened because of these politicians that have made the police out to be bad guys and we're guilty by association (in their minds). I've been called such things as "racist", "pig", "slave owner", and even been accused of killing George Floyd... all that and that's not even bringing up how one of our deputies was followed home and someone put nails under his tires. We also had some scumbag in our parking lot at work taking pictures of our personal vehicles and license plates. I mean I have thick skin in dealing with what I have to deal with, you don't work nearly 15 years in corrections without having thick skin, but this shit is pretty scary.

It's insane, and to make matters worse my parents are Democrats and blindly hate President Trump so much that they just support Biden/Harris regardless of the fact those people and that party have been throwing fuel on the fires of hatred for law enforcement since the end of the Obama Administration. Feels like fighting a boxing match against Iron Mike Tyson without having anyone in your corner.

Home, and entertainment should be an escape but instead everything is inundated with social justice crap. There is no escaping it, it would seem. Just wears on me. Wish I could go back to the 90's when I was just a kid and none of this ridiculousness was going on.

Master_Of_Puppets and effyou515 like this post

Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyGLM8goxBzHK5YBJBS9uaQ
Master_Of_Puppets

Master_Of_Puppets

PostSubject: Re: Ratings Crash 23% for Week 9 on Sunday Night Football, Continuing Season Long Decline   Ratings Crash 23% for Week 9 on Sunday Night Football, Continuing Season Long Decline EmptySat Nov 14, 2020 11:40 pm

IowaSteeler927 wrote:

i dont have cable so i get all my news off the PC or youtube. i just unsubscribed from Fox news. they have pretty much picked their side and that side is the fake news. its a shame because i really like Tucker Carlson.  give Newsmax a try. 0ne American news network aint bad either. those to have really gained popularity after fox showed their liberal bias. NEWSMAX ALSO HAS A FREE APP. .it has been downloaded like 2 million times since fox revealed its colors

https://www.newsmax.com/
https://www.oann.com/category/newsroom/

IowaSteeler927 likes this post

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Ratings Crash 23% for Week 9 on Sunday Night Football, Continuing Season Long Decline   Ratings Crash 23% for Week 9 on Sunday Night Football, Continuing Season Long Decline Empty

Back to top Go down

Ratings Crash 23% for Week 9 on Sunday Night Football, Continuing Season Long Decline
Page 1 of 1