Steelers Xtreme Forum

HomeNext game up: Chiefs, at Heinz, Sunday night Home10RegisterLog inContact
Become a member of the Steelers Xtreme community to join in on the discussions and get access to members-only forums. Registering is free and easy.

Next game up: Chiefs, at Heinz, Sunday night

Go down 
+16
Steel Peon
Steeler-in-west
El-Gonzo Jackson
Shalieve5090
Hawaii 5-0
SteelCity4Life
Vis
Steelcitian
IowaSteeler927
solardave
effyou515
Fire Arians
Jazzo
jak341
SteelerSpartan
stlrtruck
20 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
stlrtruck

stlrtruck

Next game up: Chiefs, at Heinz, Sunday night Empty
PostSubject: Next game up: Chiefs, at Heinz, Sunday night   Next game up: Chiefs, at Heinz, Sunday night EmptyMon Sep 26, 2016 1:40 pm

Well, the good news is the game is over.

Bad news is we have some injuries to overcome, and another team coming in with some offensive weapons which if we don't shore up the tackling and our own offensive ineptitudes then we'll be seeing another beat down like we witnessed last week.

Time to regroup and let this last weekend in Philly be an eye-opener and motivator for Sunday night against the Chiefs.

1 NATION
STEELERS NATION Next game up: Chiefs, at Heinz, Sunday night 3056903510

I am the MAN that created the MYTH that started the LEGEND

Don't choose good when greatness is available!
Back to top Go down
SteelerSpartan

SteelerSpartan

PostSubject: Re: Next game up: Chiefs, at Heinz, Sunday night   Next game up: Chiefs, at Heinz, Sunday night EmptyMon Sep 26, 2016 2:34 pm

Yeah week 4..2-1 have a division win ...don't panic...blah blah blah

But some pretty serious problems fully showed themselves in that eagles game.... That have to get corrected or at least improved on to give this team the chance to go the distance.

And now we have to await the carnage report of injuries and deal with that.

Bell is coming back but the blueprint is out on how to slow our offense down....yeah they are dangerous but much much less so ....when they don't have the threat of a running game and pa.....which is what gets taken away from them when our defense allows the others teams offense to dictate the terms of the game with time of Possesion/field position.

It puts all the responsibility on our offense to keep a lead and force the other team to play out of their comfort zone.

Last edited by SteelerSpartan on Tue Sep 27, 2016 1:08 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
jak341

jak341

PostSubject: Re: Next game up: Chiefs, at Heinz, Sunday night   Next game up: Chiefs, at Heinz, Sunday night EmptyMon Sep 26, 2016 2:45 pm

Travis Kelce is terrifying about right now.
Back to top Go down
Jazzo

Jazzo

PostSubject: Re: Next game up: Chiefs, at Heinz, Sunday night   Next game up: Chiefs, at Heinz, Sunday night EmptyFri Sep 30, 2016 5:11 pm

Sunday will really show what kind of team Pittsburgh is this year. Let's just wait and see how they react off an embarrassing loss.

Fire Arians

PostSubject: Re: Next game up: Chiefs, at Heinz, Sunday night   Next game up: Chiefs, at Heinz, Sunday night EmptyFri Sep 30, 2016 6:29 pm

Jazzo wrote:
Sunday will really show what kind of team Pittsburgh is this year. Let's just wait and see how they react off an embarrassing loss.

Pretty much. Can't say I'm all that optimistic with all the injuries on defense. With williams expected to start for shazier, we have a slow ILB expected to cover Kelce, that guy is gonna put 100 yards up vs our secondary

Wheaton better stop playing like crap too
Back to top Go down
Jazzo

Jazzo

PostSubject: Re: Next game up: Chiefs, at Heinz, Sunday night   Next game up: Chiefs, at Heinz, Sunday night EmptyFri Sep 30, 2016 6:34 pm

Fire Arians wrote:
Jazzo wrote:

Pretty much. Can't say I'm all that optimistic with all the injuries on defense. With williams expected to start for shazier, we have a slow ILB expected to cover Kelce, that guy is gonna put 100 yards up vs our secondary

Wheaton better stop playing like crap too

I am really worried about their TE also. I think if the Steelers' defense can play at least average, unlike last week when they played like shit, then our offense has a great chance to be the difference in this game. Our Steelers better bring it Sunday night, because the whole nation will be watching.

effyou515

PostSubject: Re: Next game up: Chiefs, at Heinz, Sunday night   Next game up: Chiefs, at Heinz, Sunday night EmptySat Oct 01, 2016 12:20 am

the offense has to show up this week big time and the rest of the year.

What happen to the 30 points per game bullshit?

Ben if the pass rush is a little quick get the short passing game going can't always want the 15 yard plus throw.

would like some dink and dunk then hit then down the field.

And once again the truth is found
Back to top Go down
solardave

solardave

PostSubject: Re: Next game up: Chiefs, at Heinz, Sunday night   Next game up: Chiefs, at Heinz, Sunday night EmptySun Oct 02, 2016 2:46 pm

I expect to see both DW and Bell in at the same time. If Wheaton can't catch put Bell out wide. Also WE NEED SOME DAMN SACKS from Tuitt Heyward or anyone,anyone "Bueller....Bueller"
Seriously we need to get out in front and stay there. Take what we can get and take away any big plays by them,keep everything in front and tackle. It would also benefit us to cause some turnovers on Defense.
Back to top Go down
SteelerSpartan

SteelerSpartan

PostSubject: Re: Next game up: Chiefs, at Heinz, Sunday night   Next game up: Chiefs, at Heinz, Sunday night EmptySun Oct 02, 2016 5:08 pm

Chiefs have dangerous STs as well.....if I'm not mistaken, it was a big key to their victory last year

This game has to be treated with playoff focus and intensity if the Steelers want to win.

Chiefs probably licking their lips after watching the tape of last week....they're probably thinking the steelers don't know how to take a punch in the mouth....that our d is soft and they can manhandle the OL on passing downs.

SteelerSpartan

SteelerSpartan

PostSubject: Re: Next game up: Chiefs, at Heinz, Sunday night   Next game up: Chiefs, at Heinz, Sunday night EmptySun Oct 02, 2016 7:43 pm

No shazier, Eli, golden

IowaSteeler927

IowaSteeler927

PostSubject: Re: Next game up: Chiefs, at Heinz, Sunday night   Next game up: Chiefs, at Heinz, Sunday night EmptySun Oct 02, 2016 8:22 pm

Nervous about this one. Not so much worried about our offense as I am the defense.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyGLM8goxBzHK5YBJBS9uaQ
jak341

jak341

PostSubject: Re: Next game up: Chiefs, at Heinz, Sunday night   Next game up: Chiefs, at Heinz, Sunday night EmptySun Oct 02, 2016 9:10 pm

Keep the peddle down!
Back to top Go down
Steelcitian

Steelcitian

PostSubject: Re: Next game up: Chiefs, at Heinz, Sunday night   Next game up: Chiefs, at Heinz, Sunday night EmptySun Oct 02, 2016 9:11 pm

Looking like the Steelers again!
Back to top Go down
Steelcitian

Steelcitian

PostSubject: Re: Next game up: Chiefs, at Heinz, Sunday night   Next game up: Chiefs, at Heinz, Sunday night EmptySun Oct 02, 2016 9:11 pm

Wife: Why couldn't they do that last week?
Back to top Go down
Vis

Vis

PostSubject: Re: Next game up: Chiefs, at Heinz, Sunday night   Next game up: Chiefs, at Heinz, Sunday night EmptySun Oct 02, 2016 9:50 pm

what a difference a week makes.

SteelCity4Life

PostSubject: Re: Next game up: Chiefs, at Heinz, Sunday night   Next game up: Chiefs, at Heinz, Sunday night EmptySun Oct 02, 2016 10:07 pm

Last week I was pissed and had to shut the game off somewhere between the 3rd to 4th quarter.

This time I'm hoping KC can't dig themselves out of the massive rut they are now in.

That is one hell of a way to respond. 29-0 at the half? Imagine another half of this!

Stuck in a SE Ohio Tech. school with a bunch of high schoolers. Next game up: Chiefs, at Heinz, Sunday night 1505004552
Back to top Go down
IowaSteeler927

IowaSteeler927

PostSubject: Re: Next game up: Chiefs, at Heinz, Sunday night   Next game up: Chiefs, at Heinz, Sunday night EmptySun Oct 02, 2016 10:26 pm

Gotta give our guys credit, they came out pissed off and ready to play. KC is no slouch, and they usually play us tough.

Somewhere Arnold Palmer is smiling!

Hawaii 5-0

Hawaii 5-0

PostSubject: Re: Next game up: Chiefs, at Heinz, Sunday night   Next game up: Chiefs, at Heinz, Sunday night EmptySun Oct 02, 2016 10:33 pm

Vince Williams is playing a great game...
Back to top Go down
IowaSteeler927

IowaSteeler927

PostSubject: Re: Next game up: Chiefs, at Heinz, Sunday night   Next game up: Chiefs, at Heinz, Sunday night EmptySun Oct 02, 2016 10:34 pm

I would love to see Ben get 6 TDs again!

Shalieve5090

Shalieve5090

PostSubject: Re: Next game up: Chiefs, at Heinz, Sunday night   Next game up: Chiefs, at Heinz, Sunday night EmptySun Oct 02, 2016 10:39 pm

Team looks damn good tonight boys and girls
Back to top Go down
SteelerSpartan

SteelerSpartan

PostSubject: Re: Next game up: Chiefs, at Heinz, Sunday night   Next game up: Chiefs, at Heinz, Sunday night EmptyMon Oct 03, 2016 12:13 am

Yes...that's the attitude I wanted to see....now the key is keep that intensity and bring it every game....

That score won't get to carry over into future games.....consistency has been their problem.....everybody knows they are capable of a couple a games like this....but doing it more consistently particularly on the road, is what has  eluded them.

But for tonight I'm going enjoy this one and pray our injuries aren't that bad.

One last thing though...shazier an Davis need to learn how to tackle better....just being able to tackle made Vince and dangerfield look like studs

Last edited by SteelerSpartan on Mon Oct 03, 2016 6:31 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
El-Gonzo Jackson

El-Gonzo Jackson

PostSubject: Re: Next game up: Chiefs, at Heinz, Sunday night   Next game up: Chiefs, at Heinz, Sunday night EmptyMon Oct 03, 2016 12:25 am

Agree Spartan...Dangerfield tackling made him look like the rightful backup SS and not Davis. Also, I guess that leaves Sharknado Thomas as the #5 safety on the team. Oh my!
Back to top Go down
Fire Arians

Fire Arians

PostSubject: Re: Next game up: Chiefs, at Heinz, Sunday night   Next game up: Chiefs, at Heinz, Sunday night EmptyMon Oct 03, 2016 1:04 am

Artie Burns already looks pretty solid at CB. He's going to be a starter by mid season

And Dangerfield might be serviceable at safety. He's not the best in coverage but he's as sure a tackler as we have in the secondary. Very good performance by him
Back to top Go down
Steeler-in-west

Steeler-in-west

PostSubject: Re: Next game up: Chiefs, at Heinz, Sunday night   Next game up: Chiefs, at Heinz, Sunday night EmptyMon Oct 03, 2016 2:55 am

Great game. Great job by Bell, the O-line, and the D. Can't believe the D was that bad last week and this good tonight. KC is not a pushover.
Back to top Go down
Steel Peon

Steel Peon

PostSubject: Re: Next game up: Chiefs, at Heinz, Sunday night   Next game up: Chiefs, at Heinz, Sunday night EmptyMon Oct 03, 2016 3:37 am

This has been a really weird couple of games, so I really don't have much to say about either of them.

PostSubject: Re: Next game up: Chiefs, at Heinz, Sunday night   Next game up: Chiefs, at Heinz, Sunday night Empty

Back to top Go down

Next game up: Chiefs, at Heinz, Sunday night
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next