Steelers Xtreme Forum

HomeWilliamson monster game Home10RegisterLog inContact
Become a member of the Steelers Xtreme community to join in on the discussions and get access to members-only forums. Registering is free and easy.

Williamson monster game

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
SteelerFreak58

SteelerFreak58

Williamson monster game Empty
PostSubject: Williamson monster game   Williamson monster game EmptyMon Dec 28, 2020 7:04 pm

He could be a steal for us for the future...

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.cbssports.com/fantasy/football/news/steelers-avery-williamson-monster-tackling-effort/amp/
Back to top Go down
jak341

jak341

PostSubject: Re: Williamson monster game   Williamson monster game EmptyTue Dec 29, 2020 11:19 am

I don't think we can afford him. Too many other open positions of need. We can roll with Bush, Spillane, Allen, and maybe a low draft pick.

Related to this: I think V. Williams may be a cap casualty, which is why I didn't include him.

https://www.spotrac.com/nfl/pittsburgh-steelers/vince-williams-12488/

SteelerFreak58 likes this post

Back to top Go down
SteelerFreak58

SteelerFreak58

PostSubject: Re: Williamson monster game   Williamson monster game EmptyTue Dec 29, 2020 11:26 pm

jak341 wrote:
I don't think we can afford him. Too many other open positions of need. We can roll with Bush, Spillane, Allen, and maybe a low draft pick.

Related to this: I think V. Williams may be a cap casualty, which is why I didn't include him.

https://www.spotrac.com/nfl/pittsburgh-steelers/vince-williams-12488/

Agreed VW is a cap casualty, so is McDonald, and I am pretty sure Pouncey will be as well.
Back to top Go down
effyou515

effyou515

PostSubject: Re: Williamson monster game   Williamson monster game EmptyWed Dec 30, 2020 1:39 am

be nice if Williamson could take over VWs LB spot.
Back to top Go down
Master_Of_Puppets

Master_Of_Puppets

PostSubject: Re: Williamson monster game   Williamson monster game EmptyWed Dec 30, 2020 7:33 pm

cutting VW would save $4 million but he would still be a $3 million cap hit. so unless they can sign AW for less than $4 million they are not gaining anything. i dont think we got a big enough sample size to say AW is really any better in this defense than VW. i seen good plays and very bad plays from both. some of the bad from AW could be credited to not being in the system long enough and bad communication.
Spillane is an ERFA.
Quote :
An exclusive rights free agent (ERFA) is a veteran player with less than three accrued NFL seasons. An ERFA is limited to either signing the contract tendered to him by his current team, or not playing in the NFL that season. If a team chooses not to tender a contract to an ERFA, he becomes an unrestricted free agent.
they will make him an offer. there is no way they can keep all three. since spillane and VW have pretty much the same skill set, i dont see them keeping both. i also dont think AW showed he was a clear cut better option than spillane as a 3 down linebacker.
marcus allen is also a ERFA and gilbert is under contract thru 2022.
they got a lot of trimming to do for next year especially if Ben sticks around to suck up 41.25 million off potentially a 175 million cap.  they will need to look at a lot of cheaper options. if Ben is REALLY all about winning and playing for his "brothers" , he will reduce his $19 million base salary to zero and be satisfied with his $22.25 million bonus
Back to top Go down
jak341

jak341

PostSubject: Re: Williamson monster game   Williamson monster game EmptyTue Jan 05, 2021 6:10 pm

Well, someone is very happy.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Williamson monster game   Williamson monster game Empty

Back to top Go down

Williamson monster game
Page 1 of 1