Steelers Xtreme Forum

HomeLions trade Stafford Home10RegisterLog inContact
Become a member of the Steelers Xtreme community to join in on the discussions and get access to members-only forums. Registering is free and easy.

Lions trade Stafford

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Shalieve5090

Shalieve5090

Lions trade Stafford Empty
PostSubject: Lions trade Stafford   Lions trade Stafford EmptySat Jan 30, 2021 10:34 pm

To the Rams for 2 first round picks, a third and Jared Goff. Crazy
Back to top Go down
effyou515

effyou515

PostSubject: Re: Lions trade Stafford   Lions trade Stafford EmptySat Jan 30, 2021 10:53 pm

Lions really wanted Goff.
Back to top Go down
Master_Of_Puppets

Master_Of_Puppets

PostSubject: Re: Lions trade Stafford   Lions trade Stafford EmptyMon Feb 01, 2021 2:40 am

ok it is a ...
2021 -3rd
2022 1st
2023 1st

it does seem like a lot for a 33 year old QB , BUT ...they also got rid of Golf's ridiculous contract. part of that deal is the lions are now the "Sin Eater".

the big winner is Stafford. he is free of all things Detroit. god awful sports franchise and a 3rd world city. plus he goes to a contender.

i think it is a pretty fair trade. the rams are in position to win now and got rid of Golfs contract and free'd up cap room , and the lions  are sitting in the 7th draft position and now have a ton of draft capital and are in position to make a move for a guy they really want. maybe a trade with the dolphins at 3 or the falcons at 4 and get Wilson or Fields. or they can sit at 7 and take a chance on trey lance, ,  or ride it out with Golf and  grab a great receiver ,  or trade back for even more picks

solardave likes this post

Back to top Go down
IowaSteeler927

IowaSteeler927

PostSubject: Re: Lions trade Stafford   Lions trade Stafford EmptyTue Feb 02, 2021 5:03 am

I think Goff is a decent young QB, he's had some ups and downs and fought some injuries but all in all there's a lot worse options in the league. Unfortunately going to Detroit could be a career killer for him, they just can't ever seem to get that franchise together.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyGLM8goxBzHK5YBJBS9uaQ
Master_Of_Puppets

Master_Of_Puppets

PostSubject: Re: Lions trade Stafford   Lions trade Stafford EmptyTue Feb 02, 2021 8:06 am

IowaSteeler927 wrote:
I think Goff is a decent young QB, he's had some ups and downs and fought some injuries but all in all there's a lot worse options in the league. Unfortunately going to Detroit could be a career killer for him, they just can't ever seem to get that franchise together.
golf was a tier 2 qb with the rams...he will be a tier 3 qb with the lions. he can only be a descent qb when surround by talent. on the other hand stafford was a descent tier 2 qb surround by suck. now that he has a good team around him i expect he will shine and look like a tier 1 qb.

both sides got what they needed out of this trade. the rams get the guy who can put them over the top and the lions got what they needed to fast track a rebuild.
if i did have to pick a winner, i would have to say the lions. but since they are the lions, i doubt they will parlay there new draft wealth in to anything meaningful .. No

IowaSteeler927 likes this post

Back to top Go down
IowaSteeler927

IowaSteeler927

PostSubject: Re: Lions trade Stafford   Lions trade Stafford EmptyTue Feb 02, 2021 8:21 am

Master_Of_Puppets wrote:
IowaSteeler927 wrote:
golf was a tier 2 qb with the rams...he will be a tier 3 qb with the lions. he can only be a descent qb when surround by talent.  on the other hand stafford was a descent tier 2 qb surround by suck. now that he has a good team around him i expect he will shine and look like a tier 1 qb.

both sides got what they needed out of this trade. the rams get the guy who can put them over the top and the lions got what they needed to fast track a rebuild.
if i did have to pick a winner, i would have to say the lions. but since they are the lions, i doubt they will parlay there new draft wealth  in to anything meaningful .. No

I think that's a pretty fair assessment, well said as always MoP.

Master_Of_Puppets likes this post

Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyGLM8goxBzHK5YBJBS9uaQ
effyou515

effyou515

PostSubject: Re: Lions trade Stafford   Lions trade Stafford EmptyWed Feb 03, 2021 12:27 pm

superbowl
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Lions trade Stafford   Lions trade Stafford Empty

Back to top Go down

Lions trade Stafford
Page 1 of 1