Steelers Xtreme Forum

HomeLions @ Steelers Home10RegisterLog inContact
Become a member of the Steelers Xtreme community to join in on the discussions and get access to members-only forums. Registering is free and easy.

Lions @ Steelers

Go down 
+3
IowaSteeler927
LambertWardSteel
Great Randino
7 posters
AuthorMessage
Great Randino

Lions @ Steelers Empty
PostSubject: Lions @ Steelers   Lions @ Steelers EmptySat Aug 21, 2021 8:26 pm

Great start - 2 straight TD drives. Big Ben looks great.

Rudolph came in and drove them to another score, 17-0 early.
Back to top Go down
effyou515

effyou515

Lions @ Steelers Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lions @ Steelers   Lions @ Steelers EmptySat Aug 21, 2021 11:39 pm

not sure about the o-line, imho the defense will do alright, Ben did well first time in Canada's offense, yes l like Harris he's going to make a difference this year.
Back to top Go down
Great Randino

Lions @ Steelers Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lions @ Steelers   Lions @ Steelers EmptySun Aug 22, 2021 12:03 am

I didn’t actually see the first drive but what I saw looked good. I also get the impression that we are not showing much. Nowhere near as many shifts and movements as we will see when the season starts. But I have picked up in a few here and there and it has seemed to work very well.
Ben looked mobile and sharp. I liked what I saw.
Back to top Go down
LambertWardSteel

Lions @ Steelers Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lions @ Steelers   Lions @ Steelers EmptySun Aug 22, 2021 5:48 am

Really liked how Ben, Harris and Freiermuth looked. Freiermuth along with Ebron, the good WRs, and Harris running and receiving could really make this offense potent if we get decent OL. I liked how Ingram looked on D...OLB could really end up a strength this year. Sexton also looking good returning again. He might be better option than McCloud. It is only preseason but 3-0 looks nice.

IowaSteeler927

Lions @ Steelers Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lions @ Steelers   Lions @ Steelers EmptyMon Aug 23, 2021 9:46 am

Freiermuth is gonna be a stud.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyGLM8goxBzHK5YBJBS9uaQ
Great Randino

Lions @ Steelers Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lions @ Steelers   Lions @ Steelers EmptyMon Aug 23, 2021 1:05 pm

I was glad to see Washington get some action. I thought he answered the call very effectively, too.

In other news, the Falcons lost their backup QB, McCarron, for the season and may be in the market for a backup. Would the Steelers look to trade one of theirs?
Back to top Go down
effyou515

effyou515

Lions @ Steelers Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lions @ Steelers   Lions @ Steelers EmptyMon Aug 23, 2021 5:55 pm

IowaSteeler927 wrote:

him and ben ate up that single coverage for 2 TDs Lions @ Steelers 1797695198

not going to single cover Freiermuth.
Back to top Go down
LambertWardSteel

Lions @ Steelers Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lions @ Steelers   Lions @ Steelers EmptyMon Aug 23, 2021 6:12 pm

Great Randino wrote:
I was glad to see Washington get some action.  I thought he answered the call very effectively, too.

In other news, the Falcons lost their backup QB, McCarron, for the season and may be in the market for a backup.  Would the Steelers look to trade one of theirs?

Really hoping Washington isn't traded. WR will be really strong for us with him as #4. Ray Fittipaldo had his 2nd 53 man roster projection today. He has Sexton beating out McCloud for 5th WR

Quote :
Receivers (5): JuJu Smith-Schuster, Diontae Johnson, Chase Claypool, James Washington and Mathew Sexton.

Breakdown: It’s becoming hard to ignore Sexton’s abilities as a punt returner. Creating good field position for the offense is going to be important this season. Ray-Ray McCloud added some value on offense last season, but with Matt Canada having numerous other options at his disposal this season, McCloud isn’t as valuable. If that’s the case, they should keep the best returner, and Sexton has outperformed McCloud this summer.

https://www.post-gazette.com/sports/steelers/2021/08/23/Pittsburgh-Steelers-53-man-roster-projection-nfl-training-camp-preseason/stories/202108230081

Lions @ Steelers Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lions @ Steelers   Lions @ Steelers EmptyMon Aug 23, 2021 6:15 pm

effyou515 wrote:
IowaSteeler927 wrote:

him and ben ate up that single coverage for 2 TDs Lions @ Steelers 1797695198

not going to single cover Freiermuth.

Offense has the potential to have a lot of weapons. I've been following the Steelers since 1978 and this may be the most exciting draft class I can remember.

kirklandrules and effyou515 like this post

Back to top Go down
effyou515

effyou515

Lions @ Steelers Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lions @ Steelers   Lions @ Steelers EmptyTue Aug 24, 2021 7:20 pm

Tim Benz: Little details of Pat Freiermuth's game could lead to a big impact on Steelers offense

https://triblive.com/sports/tim-benz-little-details-of-pat-freiermuths-game-could-lead-to-a-big-impact-on-steelers-offense/

he'll just get better.
Back to top Go down
Master_Of_Puppets

Master_Of_Puppets

Lions @ Steelers Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lions @ Steelers   Lions @ Steelers EmptyTue Aug 24, 2021 10:07 pm

for me i need to see more than 1 or 2 big plays from a guy before i start singing his praises. i mean that was a nice return from sexton but he only had 1 return right ?
those 2 td's from PF were sweet , but those were his only 2 catches.
in other words i need to see consistency. a bigger sample size.
if DJ and ebron caught everyone of those balls they dropped would they not be in higher regard ? hell i would be putting DJ right up there with antonio brown in his prime. but i cant because he is inconsistent.
when ebron dropped that ball right away im thinking, well here we go again. despite the balls he did catch that BIG 3rd down drop is what stood out for me.
Back to top Go down
Stella Nation

Stella Nation

Lions @ Steelers Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lions @ Steelers   Lions @ Steelers EmptyWed Aug 25, 2021 3:27 am

Freiermuth has great hands and catches the ball extremely well.

But his blocking will need to improve a lot. On his first attempt against the Lions, he dove at the feet of the linebacker who just stepped over him Lions @ Steelers 1505004552 And he whiffed on another block as well.

Master_Of_Puppets and solardave like this post

Back to top Go down
LambertWardSteel

Lions @ Steelers Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lions @ Steelers   Lions @ Steelers EmptyWed Aug 25, 2021 1:42 pm

Stella Nation wrote:

But his blocking will need to improve a lot. On his first attempt against the Lions, he dove at the feet of the linebacker who just stepped over him Lions @ Steelers 1505004552 And he whiffed on another block as well.

I love numbers and stats and this chart was interesting to look at. But, it amazes me somebody is actually tracking something like this specifically in training camp and storing the data.

kirklandrules likes this post

Back to top Go down
effyou515

effyou515

Lions @ Steelers Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lions @ Steelers   Lions @ Steelers EmptyWed Aug 25, 2021 5:30 pm

LambertWardSteel wrote:
Stella Nation wrote:

I love numbers and stats and this chart was interesting to look at. But, it amazes me somebody is actually tracking something like this specifically in training camp and storing the data.

keep catching touchdowns the blocking stuff will come. Lions @ Steelers 1797695198
Back to top Go down
kirklandrules

kirklandrules

Lions @ Steelers Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lions @ Steelers   Lions @ Steelers EmptyThu Aug 26, 2021 2:41 pm

effyou515 wrote:
LambertWardSteel wrote:
Stella Nation wrote:

keep catching touchdowns the blocking stuff will come. Lions @ Steelers 1797695198

Freiermuth was a solid receiver in college. The hype around him being the 2nd coming of Heath Miller were overstated when considering run blocking. Freiermuth wasn't a horrible run blocker, but he wasn't at a level that he would start blowing up DEs or LBs in the NFL. If you read his draft profiles, you notice it's his potential as a run blocker. He has the size, strength, and footwork to become a strong run blocker. In watching his tape, I've seen plays where he's been an effective blocker. But he'll have to continue to work on getting his pad level lower and drive like a boss ... or at least like The Legend

solardave likes this post

Back to top Go down
Master_Of_Puppets

Master_Of_Puppets

Lions @ Steelers Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lions @ Steelers   Lions @ Steelers EmptyThu Aug 26, 2021 7:02 pm

friermuths arms looks more like Bens than james harrisons. perhaps more time in the weight room and getting stronger might help with his blocking.

solardave likes this post

Back to top Go down
IowaSteeler927

IowaSteeler927

Lions @ Steelers Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lions @ Steelers   Lions @ Steelers EmptyFri Aug 27, 2021 4:14 am

Master_Of_Puppets wrote:
friermuths arms looks more like Bens than james harrisons. perhaps more time in the weight room and getting stronger might help with his blocking.

He's got room to improve, he's already looking pretty good as a rookie. Another offseason with extra time to get into the weight room will really benefit him. As far as the blocking goes, I mean honestly, he's probably still a better blocker than Ebron even being a rookie.

solardave and LambertWardSteel like this post

Back to top Go down
Master_Of_Puppets

Master_Of_Puppets

Lions @ Steelers Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lions @ Steelers   Lions @ Steelers EmptyFri Aug 27, 2021 5:12 am

IowaSteeler927 wrote:
Master_Of_Puppets wrote:

He's got room to improve, he's already looking pretty good as a rookie. Another offseason with extra time to get into the weight room will really benefit him. As far as the blocking goes, I mean honestly, he's probably still a better blocker than Ebron even being a rookie.
i'd bet JuJu is a better blocker than ebron.
i'm pretty sure they have weight rooms at the collegiate level.  it just looks like he didnt spend much time there.. Lions @ Steelers 1797695198
of course we can only see his arms, but i was surprised to see no muscle definition. now vance mcdonald you could see he had some guns. even ebron looks to be pretty toned. i would think since a TE is called upon to block often , a person would be encouraged to add some upper body mass. when i was in high school, the coaches had our weight room workouts scripted for us. even the amount we worked out with and how many reps we had to do... Shocked
Back to top Go down
IowaSteeler927

IowaSteeler927

Lions @ Steelers Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lions @ Steelers   Lions @ Steelers EmptyTue Aug 31, 2021 3:52 am

Master_Of_Puppets wrote:
IowaSteeler927 wrote:
Master_Of_Puppets wrote:

i'd bet JuJu is a better blocker than ebron.
i'm pretty sure they have weight rooms at the collegiate level.  it just looks like he didnt spend much time there.. Lions @ Steelers 1797695198
of course we can only see his arms, but i was surprised to see no muscle definition. now vance mcdonald you could see he had some guns. even ebron looks to be pretty toned. i would think since a TE is called upon to block often , a person would be encouraged to add some upper body mass. when i was in high school, the coaches had our weight room workouts scripted for us. even the amount we worked out with and how many reps we had to do... Shocked

True but football is now his full time job. In college there are distractions and other things that come up. When you're in the NFL you're expected to produce or you get kicked to the curb. Not to mention the fact that in college the competition is lesser across the board versus the NFL. He could probably beat a lot of guys that the collegiate level just on his talent alone. In the NFL he's going to be going up against the best of the best week in and week out. He's got the frame to put on a little more muscle if need be if he really needs it for blocking purposes. I don't know that I want him to put on too much muscle though, don't want it to hurt him in the receiving department and we need a good consistent receiving threat at TE. Ebron is far too inconsistent.

Master_Of_Puppets

Master_Of_Puppets

Lions @ Steelers Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lions @ Steelers   Lions @ Steelers EmptyTue Aug 31, 2021 5:45 am

Lions @ Steelers 4164282_web1_ptr-Steelers09-082221
Back to top Go down
kirklandrules

kirklandrules

Lions @ Steelers Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lions @ Steelers   Lions @ Steelers EmptyTue Aug 31, 2021 3:41 pm

Yeah, real twig arms. He should load up on the protein shakes and hit that gym!

I agree with Iowa that football will be his full time job and his workouts will be more focused going forward. Gentry transformed his body from year 1 to year 2 ... I expect the same for Freiermuth.

IowaSteeler927 likes this post

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Lions @ Steelers Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lions @ Steelers   Lions @ Steelers Empty

Back to top Go down

Lions @ Steelers
Page 1 of 1