Steelers Xtreme Forum

Home2022 Roethlisberger gets kicked to the curb for Rodgers  Home10RegisterLog inContact
Become a member of the Steelers Xtreme community to join in on the discussions and get access to members-only forums. Registering is free and easy.

2022 Roethlisberger gets kicked to the curb for Rodgers

Go down 
+3
LambertWardSteel
Great Randino
effyou515
7 posters
AuthorMessage
effyou515

effyou515

2022 Roethlisberger gets kicked to the curb for Rodgers  Empty
PostSubject: 2022 Roethlisberger gets kicked to the curb for Rodgers    2022 Roethlisberger gets kicked to the curb for Rodgers  EmptySun Oct 03, 2021 7:39 am

Aaron Rodgers raves about Pittsburgh, Mike Tomlin ahead of Steelers-Packers Week 4 showdown
Rodgers' comments have created a little stir in relation to his future beyond 2021

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/aaron-rodgers-raves-about-pittsburgh-mike-tomlin-ahead-of-steelers-packers-week-4-showdown/

Quote :
"Pat McAfee Show".

"I've been around a lot of Pittsburgh people over the years. I have loved my time with all of them," said Rodgers, whose first coach, Mike McCarthy, is a Pittsburgh native. "I have learned to speak the [Pittsburgh accent] really well, which is actually allowed me to follow and become a big fan of Pittsburgh Dad. ... It's a great, blue-collar town. There's a lot of great people that live there. There's a lot of history in that city."

"I have a ton of respect for Mike," Rodgers said. "I think he's a fantastic coach. I love the way that he leads. I love that way that he talks after the games. He always seems to keep things really even keel. Looks like he's somebody that players love playing for."

2022 Roethlisberger gets kicked to the curb for Rodgers  2829330259 2022 Roethlisberger gets kicked to the curb for Rodgers  3135543967

Man if Rodgers talking about understanding Pittsburg Dad Shocked this is a done and signed deal Steelers Nation.
Back to top Go down
effyou515

effyou515

PostSubject: Re: 2022 Roethlisberger gets kicked to the curb for Rodgers    2022 Roethlisberger gets kicked to the curb for Rodgers  EmptySun Oct 03, 2021 7:49 am

Back to top Go down
Great Randino

PostSubject: Re: 2022 Roethlisberger gets kicked to the curb for Rodgers    2022 Roethlisberger gets kicked to the curb for Rodgers  EmptySun Oct 03, 2021 11:11 am

Ha ha, I've never seen that guy before. That's some good stuff!
Back to top Go down
LambertWardSteel

PostSubject: Re: 2022 Roethlisberger gets kicked to the curb for Rodgers    2022 Roethlisberger gets kicked to the curb for Rodgers  EmptySun Oct 03, 2021 1:44 pm

Rodgers at this point is getting up there in years too. Maybe he ends up being like Marcia but he turns 38 end of this year. That said he would be a better option than anything we have for a couple more years but it doesn't seem the kind of move Steelers would make.

PostSubject: Re: 2022 Roethlisberger gets kicked to the curb for Rodgers    2022 Roethlisberger gets kicked to the curb for Rodgers  EmptySun Oct 03, 2021 2:30 pm

I don't see Rodgers coming here. He takes one look at that line and he's gonna be like "No, I think I'll just host Jeopardy."

solardave likes this post

Back to top Go down
SteelerFreak58

SteelerFreak58

PostSubject: Re: 2022 Roethlisberger gets kicked to the curb for Rodgers    2022 Roethlisberger gets kicked to the curb for Rodgers  EmptySun Oct 03, 2021 4:53 pm

Why would he want to come here and get crushed because our Oline can't block for shit?

Back to top Go down
solardave

solardave

PostSubject: Re: 2022 Roethlisberger gets kicked to the curb for Rodgers    2022 Roethlisberger gets kicked to the curb for Rodgers  EmptySun Oct 03, 2021 5:03 pm

I can smell our Oline from here. Damn it man!

Master_Of_Puppets and effyou515 like this post

Back to top Go down
IowaSteeler927

IowaSteeler927

PostSubject: Re: 2022 Roethlisberger gets kicked to the curb for Rodgers    2022 Roethlisberger gets kicked to the curb for Rodgers  EmptyWed Oct 06, 2021 3:02 am

I wouldn't want to play behind this o-line. They make the o-line from last season look like the best o-line we've ever had. Miscommunications, missed assignments, an inability to handle bull rushers, poor run blocking, you name it. If I'm Rodgers I'd want to go to a team that's a legitimate contender and has a decent o-line. Why in the hell would he want to come here and get beat up like Ben has the past two seasons?

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyGLM8goxBzHK5YBJBS9uaQ
Master_Of_Puppets

Master_Of_Puppets

PostSubject: Re: 2022 Roethlisberger gets kicked to the curb for Rodgers    2022 Roethlisberger gets kicked to the curb for Rodgers  EmptyWed Oct 06, 2021 3:23 am

another thing people arent considering is what it would cost. he is still under contract next year. the packers arent gonna just cut him knowing he has trade value. what would you give up for him ? keep in mind we arent just a qb away from the super bowl , and he could decide to retire after 1 year.

Back to top Go down
solardave

solardave

PostSubject: Re: 2022 Roethlisberger gets kicked to the curb for Rodgers    2022 Roethlisberger gets kicked to the curb for Rodgers  EmptyWed Oct 06, 2021 3:51 am

Yeah no. WE won't see Rogers in a Steeler uniform unless it's photoshop. Even if Ben retires we're still on the hook and does anyone believe we'd have cap room + a couple 1st rounders to spend on Rogers at almost 40?
Back to top Go down
IowaSteeler927

IowaSteeler927

PostSubject: Re: 2022 Roethlisberger gets kicked to the curb for Rodgers    2022 Roethlisberger gets kicked to the curb for Rodgers  EmptyWed Oct 06, 2021 3:55 am

Master_Of_Puppets wrote:
another thing people arent considering is what it would cost. he is still under contract next year. the packers arent gonna just cut him knowing he has trade value. what would you give up for him ? keep in mind we arent just a qb away from the super bowl , and he could decide to retire after 1 year.

Good point MoP. I'd second that notion. I don't think trading for a QB his age, to replace our own aged QB makes sense. Rodgers isn't the type of guy that takes pay cuts either, or gives a franchise the home-team discount. I think he'd want top dollar regardless of where he ends up and paying out top dollar to him and having to trade for him just doesn't seem to make sense to me. I feel like the Steelers should be trying to draft the future of the franchise at the QB position, but if they're going to try to address the position via trade or free agency then they should try to get someone that's a bit younger and less expensive.

This is going to be a long season, and the road ahead is one filled with questions as we've been spoiled over the years having a QB of Ben's caliber. Franchise QBs don't grow on trees, it could be years before we find a proper replacement.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyGLM8goxBzHK5YBJBS9uaQ
Master_Of_Puppets

Master_Of_Puppets

PostSubject: Re: 2022 Roethlisberger gets kicked to the curb for Rodgers    2022 Roethlisberger gets kicked to the curb for Rodgers  EmptyWed Oct 06, 2021 4:03 am

solardave wrote:
Yeah no. WE won't see Rogers in a Steeler uniform unless it's photoshop. Even if Ben retires we're still on the hook and does anyone believe we'd have cap room + a couple 1st rounders to spend on Rogers at almost 40?
2022 Roethlisberger gets kicked to the curb for Rodgers  1824088959 of course they have cap room. they have a salary cap credit card and a magic pen. buy now and pay later man. they could pay him a million in 2022 and have a dead cap of 26 million in 2023...live for today dude, to hell with tomorrow. i mean where would we be now if they hadnt pushed 28 million on to next years tab ? we would suck right now... 2022 Roethlisberger gets kicked to the curb for Rodgers  2893009358
Back to top Go down
Master_Of_Puppets

Master_Of_Puppets

PostSubject: Re: 2022 Roethlisberger gets kicked to the curb for Rodgers    2022 Roethlisberger gets kicked to the curb for Rodgers  EmptyWed Oct 06, 2021 4:28 am

IowaSteeler927 wrote:
Master_Of_Puppets wrote:

Good point MoP. I'd second that notion. I don't think trading for a QB his age, to replace our own aged QB makes sense. Rodgers isn't the type of guy that takes pay cuts either, or gives a franchise the home-team discount. I think he'd want top dollar regardless of where he ends up and paying out top dollar to him and having to trade for him just doesn't seem to make sense to me. I feel like the Steelers should be trying to draft the future of the franchise at the QB position, but if they're going to try to address the position via trade or free agency then they should try to get someone that's a bit younger and less expensive.

This is going to be a long season, and the road ahead is one filled with questions as we've been spoiled over the years having a QB of Ben's caliber. Franchise QBs don't grow on trees, it could be years before we find a proper replacement.
well if they trade for him they also trade for his contract. he is due to make 27 million next year. which wouldnt be too bad if they werent still on the hook to ben for 10 million.

solardave and IowaSteeler927 like this post

Back to top Go down
solardave

solardave

PostSubject: Re: 2022 Roethlisberger gets kicked to the curb for Rodgers    2022 Roethlisberger gets kicked to the curb for Rodgers  EmptyWed Oct 06, 2021 4:52 am

Master_Of_Puppets wrote:
IowaSteeler927 wrote:
Master_Of_Puppets wrote:

well if they trade for him they also trade for his contract. he is due to make 27 million next year. which wouldnt be too bad if they werent still on the hook to ben for 10 million.

Yeah but haven't you been watching the news? 37 million is actually 0 dollars. 2022 Roethlisberger gets kicked to the curb for Rodgers  1378315869 Sorry I couldn't resist.

Master_Of_Puppets likes this post

Back to top Go down
effyou515

effyou515

PostSubject: Re: 2022 Roethlisberger gets kicked to the curb for Rodgers    2022 Roethlisberger gets kicked to the curb for Rodgers  EmptyWed Oct 06, 2021 3:03 pm

Suck for the best QB in the draft. 2022 Roethlisberger gets kicked to the curb for Rodgers  1797695198
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: 2022 Roethlisberger gets kicked to the curb for Rodgers    2022 Roethlisberger gets kicked to the curb for Rodgers  Empty

Back to top Go down

2022 Roethlisberger gets kicked to the curb for Rodgers
Page 1 of 1