Steelers Xtreme Forum

HomeRodgers-Cromartie: Hit on Leftwich was clean, “no question” Home10RegisterLog inContact
Become a member of the Steelers Xtreme community to join in on the discussions and get access to members-only forums. Registering is free and easy.

Rodgers-Cromartie: Hit on Leftwich was clean, “no question”

Go down 
+3
steelersfan87
Lemondrop
Wallace108
7 posters
AuthorMessage
Wallace108

Wallace108

Rodgers-Cromartie: Hit on Leftwich was clean, “no question” Empty
PostSubject: Rodgers-Cromartie: Hit on Leftwich was clean, “no question”   Rodgers-Cromartie: Hit on Leftwich was clean, “no question” EmptyMon Aug 13, 2012 2:51 pm

Posted by Michael David Smith

Eagles cornerback Dominique Rodgers-Cromartie launched at Steelers quarterback Byron Leftwich in last week’s preseason game and was flagged for unnecessary roughness, but Rodgers-Cromartie doesn’t think he did anything wrong.

Rodgers-Cromartie told Sheil Kapadia of PhillyMag.com that he doesn’t think he’ll be fined, and that there’s “no question” in his mind that his hit on Leftwich was clean. He also said he has no regrets about his hit on Leftwich.

“Regrets? We’re playing football, man,” Rodgers-Cromartie said. “The Bible said don’t live a life of regret.”

READ MORE: http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2012/08/13/rodgers-cromartie-hit-on-leftwich-was-clean-no-question/
-----------------------------------------------------------

You have to give him points for creativity. This might be the first time a player has used the Bible to defend an illegal hit. God might see it differently. And when I say "God," of course I mean Goodell.

If you're going to be a smart ass, you'd better be smart. Otherwise, you're just an ass.
Back to top Go down
http://www.steelersxtreme.com/
Lemondrop
Xtreme Newb

PostSubject: Re: Rodgers-Cromartie: Hit on Leftwich was clean, “no question”   Rodgers-Cromartie: Hit on Leftwich was clean, “no question” EmptyMon Aug 13, 2012 4:30 pm

I think Peter King on SI addressed it well:

"Goat of the Week

Philadelphia CB Dominique Rodgers-Cromartie, for his irresponsible launching and shoulder/upper arm cheap shot of a defenseless Byron Leftwich, the Pittsburgh quarterback, in the preseason game at Philadelphia. Rodgers-Cromartie is in line for a significant fine -- maybe six figures. I think it's worthy of a suspension. That's one of the most egregious hits I've seen in the league in the last couple of years -- worse than James Harrison on Colt McCoy, because you could argue that Harrison thought McCoy was a runner when he lined him up to hit him. Rodgers-Cromartie launched himself in violation of a well-publicized rule, and then hit Leftwich in the head in violation of a well-publicized rule. Luckily, Leftwich walked away, seemingly fine. The next victim may not be so lucky.

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2012/writers/peter_king/08/12/mmqb/3.html
Back to top Go down
steelersfan87

PostSubject: Re: Rodgers-Cromartie: Hit on Leftwich was clean, “no question”   Rodgers-Cromartie: Hit on Leftwich was clean, “no question” EmptyMon Aug 13, 2012 4:34 pm

I guess he felt he had to prove his Philadelphia credentials.
Back to top Go down
Bays

Bays

PostSubject: Re: Rodgers-Cromartie: Hit on Leftwich was clean, “no question”   Rodgers-Cromartie: Hit on Leftwich was clean, “no question” EmptyMon Aug 13, 2012 4:38 pm

Bullshit, the hit was DIRTY AS HELL.

Xtreme Newb

PostSubject: Re: Rodgers-Cromartie: Hit on Leftwich was clean, “no question”   Rodgers-Cromartie: Hit on Leftwich was clean, “no question” EmptyMon Aug 13, 2012 5:10 pm

Wallace108 wrote:
Posted by Michael David Smith

You have to give him points for creativity. This might be the first time a player has used the Bible to defend an illegal hit. God might see it differently. And when I say "God," of course I mean Goodell.

Since Lefty made it out of that play alive I can comfortably say that I am glad the hit happened. I love it when guys (other than Steelers, of course) walk the edge and push the limits with respect to the commish's "rules". Anything that puts the Goodell in the cross hairs...from the players assoc, the owners, the retired players, the media, ANYONE thats shines a light on him and the decisions he makes.

The thought of Goodell being uncomfortable IN ANY WAY kinda makes me just giggly.

I think Cromartie should walk in Goodell's office and say, "Why don't we just forget the whole thing ever happened and pretend its draft day....how bout a hug!" Rodgers-Cromartie: Hit on Leftwich was clean, “no question” 183388472
Back to top Go down
Buddha Bus

Buddha Bus

PostSubject: Re: Rodgers-Cromartie: Hit on Leftwich was clean, “no question”   Rodgers-Cromartie: Hit on Leftwich was clean, “no question” EmptyMon Aug 13, 2012 5:30 pm

Definitely a way worse hit than anything Deebo's done and been crucified for. No excuse for there not being a fine except for the fact Rodgers-Cromartie doesn't wear the Black and Gold. They would already have Harrison's castle surrounded with angry pitchfork and torch wielding villagers if it had been him throwing that hit. :mob:

Back to top Go down
fer69

fer69

PostSubject: Re: Rodgers-Cromartie: Hit on Leftwich was clean, “no question”   Rodgers-Cromartie: Hit on Leftwich was clean, “no question” EmptyMon Aug 13, 2012 6:43 pm

Quote :
“Regrets? We’re playing football, man,” Rodgers-Cromartie said. “The Bible said don’t live a life of regret.”

Rodgers-Cromartie: Hit on Leftwich was clean, “no question” 3562723908 i can't fucking breathe Rodgers-Cromartie: Hit on Leftwich was clean, “no question” 3562723908

F@(k Wallace.. Throw it to Miller
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Rodgers-Cromartie: Hit on Leftwich was clean, “no question”   Rodgers-Cromartie: Hit on Leftwich was clean, “no question” Empty

Back to top Go down

Rodgers-Cromartie: Hit on Leftwich was clean, “no question”
Page 1 of 1