Steelers Xtreme Forum

HomeDevin Bush? Robert Spillane? Steelers might just say neither and deploy another DB instead Home10RegisterLog inContact
Become a member of the Steelers Xtreme community to join in on the discussions and get access to members-only forums. Registering is free and easy.

Devin Bush? Robert Spillane? Steelers might just say neither and deploy another DB instead

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
effyou515

effyou515

Devin Bush? Robert Spillane? Steelers might just say neither and deploy another DB instead Empty
PostSubject: Devin Bush? Robert Spillane? Steelers might just say neither and deploy another DB instead   Devin Bush? Robert Spillane? Steelers might just say neither and deploy another DB instead EmptyMon Aug 15, 2022 10:19 pm

https://triblive.com/sports/devin-bush-robert-spillane-steelers-might-just-say-neither-and-deploy-another-db-instead/

Devin Bush? Robert Spillane? Steelers might just say neither and deploy another DB instead 3135543967
Back to top Go down
solardave

solardave

Devin Bush? Robert Spillane? Steelers might just say neither and deploy another DB instead Empty
PostSubject: Re: Devin Bush? Robert Spillane? Steelers might just say neither and deploy another DB instead   Devin Bush? Robert Spillane? Steelers might just say neither and deploy another DB instead EmptyTue Aug 16, 2022 3:13 am

effyou515 wrote:
https://triblive.com/sports/devin-bush-robert-spillane-steelers-might-just-say-neither-and-deploy-another-db-instead/

Devin Bush? Robert Spillane? Steelers might just say neither and deploy another DB instead 3135543967

From what I saw Bush and Spilane were both spectators. I didn't see Bush in on a single tackle. I checked the stats and Bush isn't credited with anything and Spilane had 2 tackles with 1 assist.
Back to top Go down
Stella Nation

Stella Nation

PostSubject: Re: Devin Bush? Robert Spillane? Steelers might just say neither and deploy another DB instead   Devin Bush? Robert Spillane? Steelers might just say neither and deploy another DB instead EmptyTue Aug 16, 2022 3:45 am

It looks like Bush never recovered from his torn ACL.
Back to top Go down
solardave

solardave

PostSubject: Re: Devin Bush? Robert Spillane? Steelers might just say neither and deploy another DB instead   Devin Bush? Robert Spillane? Steelers might just say neither and deploy another DB instead EmptyTue Aug 16, 2022 7:02 am

Stella Nation wrote:

I think you 're right Stella but I think it's in his head more than physical. From what I saw every single tackle he either showed up after the fact or wasn't even visible in the frame.

Compare him to Shazier and his injury where he held out hope of coming back and I have to think Bush will be our fastest Bust ever. The fact that Tomlin is trying different packages that exclude him tells me he will either end up a backup (highly unlikely) or traded for peanuts or released at some point. He sure is looking like a wasted pick right now.
Back to top Go down
Stella Nation

Stella Nation

PostSubject: Re: Devin Bush? Robert Spillane? Steelers might just say neither and deploy another DB instead   Devin Bush? Robert Spillane? Steelers might just say neither and deploy another DB instead EmptyTue Aug 16, 2022 8:29 am

solardave wrote:
Stella Nation wrote:

I think you 're right Stella but I think it's in his head more than physical. From what I saw every single tackle he either showed up after the fact or wasn't even visible in the frame.

Compare him to Shazier and his injury where he held out hope of coming back and I have to think Bush will be our fastest Bust ever. The fact that Tomlin is trying different packages that exclude him tells me he will either end up a backup (highly unlikely) or traded for peanuts or released at some point. He sure is looking like a wasted pick right now.

The injury got in his head for sure. He plays scared and is mentally not ready to perform. It seems that he no longer trusts his body.
Back to top Go down
effyou515

effyou515

PostSubject: Re: Devin Bush? Robert Spillane? Steelers might just say neither and deploy another DB instead   Devin Bush? Robert Spillane? Steelers might just say neither and deploy another DB instead EmptyTue Aug 16, 2022 9:34 am

Stella Nation wrote:
solardave wrote:
Stella Nation wrote:

The injury got in his head for sure. He plays scared and is mentally not ready to perform. It seems that he no longer trusts his body.

Thought Bush was mentally tougher than what he is, Spillane has heart and want to but he's a step to slow yea it didn't matter who played the position that receiver was open most of the game.
Back to top Go down
SteelerFreak58

SteelerFreak58

PostSubject: Re: Devin Bush? Robert Spillane? Steelers might just say neither and deploy another DB instead   Devin Bush? Robert Spillane? Steelers might just say neither and deploy another DB instead EmptyTue Aug 16, 2022 9:39 pm

The injury may just be something he never fully recovers from. Yes it was successful in a nsense he can walk but we don't really know what it feels like for him now as compared to prior to the injury. Before his injury he was doing all the right things for the team and a rising star. The injury took a lot out of him. Not all surgeries are a complete success.
Back to top Go down
solardave

solardave

PostSubject: Re: Devin Bush? Robert Spillane? Steelers might just say neither and deploy another DB instead   Devin Bush? Robert Spillane? Steelers might just say neither and deploy another DB instead EmptyWed Aug 17, 2022 4:01 am

SteelerFreak58 wrote:
The injury may just be something he never fully recovers from. Yes it was successful in a nsense he can walk but we don't really know what it feels like for him now as compared to prior to the injury. Before his injury he was doing all the right things for the team and a rising star. The injury took a lot out of him. Not all surgeries are a complete success.

I hear you and agree that we don't know what's going on with the knee. I do know this. When I was around 15-16 which is 50 years ago I tore all of the cartilage in my knee. So the Dr. removed it all. I still played pickup football up until I was 40+. The difference was two fold.
First from 30 on it was flag football and second even though I knew it could happen again I loved to play so much it trumped any fear.
I loved to compete at any level.
Not even close to the riggers of the NFL I know except for love of the game. This is why I think he's living in his fears and his heart isn't in it.
If I'm right and he knows it in his heart he needs to admit it and retire early because right now if this poor play continues he's guilty of embezzlement. Devin Bush? Robert Spillane? Steelers might just say neither and deploy another DB instead 1378315869
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Devin Bush? Robert Spillane? Steelers might just say neither and deploy another DB instead   Devin Bush? Robert Spillane? Steelers might just say neither and deploy another DB instead Empty

Back to top Go down

Devin Bush? Robert Spillane? Steelers might just say neither and deploy another DB instead
Page 1 of 1