Steelers Xtreme Forum

HomeWelcome to Pittsburgh Devin Bush! Home10RegisterLog inContact
Become a member of the Steelers Xtreme community to join in on the discussions and get access to members-only forums. Registering is free and easy.

Welcome to Pittsburgh Devin Bush!

Go down 
+8
kirklandrules
jak341
solardave
LambertWardSteel
Master_Of_Puppets
Lokki
Great Randino
IowaSteeler927
12 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
IowaSteeler927

IowaSteeler927

Welcome to Pittsburgh Devin Bush! Empty
PostSubject: Welcome to Pittsburgh Devin Bush!   Welcome to Pittsburgh Devin Bush! EmptyThu Apr 25, 2019 9:37 pm

The Steelers traded with Denver into the #10 pick and selected Devin Bush, ILB, Michigan!

Whooo!!!!! This is the guy I wanted, the guy I and many others mocked.

Instant upgrade to our LB corps.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyGLM8goxBzHK5YBJBS9uaQ
Great Randino

PostSubject: Re: Welcome to Pittsburgh Devin Bush!   Welcome to Pittsburgh Devin Bush! EmptyThu Apr 25, 2019 9:40 pm

Love this move! Steelers make a bold move to get a great player!

Anyone know what we gave up yet to get him?
Back to top Go down
Lokki
Jerkimus Maximus
Lokki

PostSubject: Re: Welcome to Pittsburgh Devin Bush!   Welcome to Pittsburgh Devin Bush! EmptyThu Apr 25, 2019 9:53 pm

Love this pick!
Back to top Go down
IowaSteeler927

IowaSteeler927

PostSubject: Re: Welcome to Pittsburgh Devin Bush!   Welcome to Pittsburgh Devin Bush! EmptyThu Apr 25, 2019 10:19 pm

nine vegetable wrote:
Love this move!  Steelers make a bold move to get a great player!

Our 1st (#20 Overall), our 2nd (#52 Overall), and a 2020 3rd Round pick. Worth it IMO to get a guy that can likely come in and start right off the bat.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyGLM8goxBzHK5YBJBS9uaQ
Great Randino

PostSubject: Re: Welcome to Pittsburgh Devin Bush!   Welcome to Pittsburgh Devin Bush! EmptyThu Apr 25, 2019 10:44 pm

I'm 100% with you Iowa Steeler! To get a top-line guy like Bush - absolutely.
Back to top Go down
Lokki
Jerkimus Maximus
Lokki

PostSubject: Re: Welcome to Pittsburgh Devin Bush!   Welcome to Pittsburgh Devin Bush! EmptyThu Apr 25, 2019 10:49 pm

Broncos got Fant at 20.
Back to top Go down
Master_Of_Puppets

Master_Of_Puppets

PostSubject: Re: Welcome to Pittsburgh Devin Bush!   Welcome to Pittsburgh Devin Bush! EmptyThu Apr 25, 2019 11:28 pm

IowaSteeler927 wrote:
nine vegetable wrote:

Our 1st (#20 Overall), our 2nd (#52 Overall), and a 2020 3rd Round pick. Worth it IMO to get a guy that can likely come in and start right off the bat.
and who will he send to the bench ? williams who they just gave a 3 year with a 6.4 million signing bonus and an average salary of 6.2 million a year and will cost them 5.1 mill against this years cap , or Barron who will cost them 6.75 million against this years cap ? Welcome to Pittsburgh Devin Bush! 2829330259

if they were planning on getting that aggressive in drafting Bush, then why in the hell did they pick up Barron in the first place.
will they keep bostic on the roster at 1.8 million as the top backup and ditch dirty red , or cut bostic and eat the 700k cap hit ?

i suppose given Barrons back round as a safety, they could use him the way they intended to use burnett ... Welcome to Pittsburgh Devin Bush! 2087824411

Back to top Go down
LambertWardSteel

PostSubject: Re: Welcome to Pittsburgh Devin Bush!   Welcome to Pittsburgh Devin Bush! EmptyThu Apr 25, 2019 11:49 pm

IowaSteeler927 wrote:
nine vegetable wrote:

Actually I thought moving up was going to be more expensive than this...especially to get to the top 10. For me the only thing really in question is the 2 pick, but the 3 they got for AB is almost in the 2nd round and they still have their own 3.

Happy with the move personally. It was good to see them go out get what they needed instead of sitting back, missing a glaring need, and taking whatever fell to them.

solardave

PostSubject: Re: Welcome to Pittsburgh Devin Bush!   Welcome to Pittsburgh Devin Bush! EmptyFri Apr 26, 2019 3:07 am

Good sound move. We really didn't give up much to get him. The 1 3rd pick we have left is like having a late 2nd (62). The 3rd for next year should come from Bell leaving so we'll still have one 3rd in 2020.

Back to top Go down
jak341

jak341

PostSubject: Re: Welcome to Pittsburgh Devin Bush!   Welcome to Pittsburgh Devin Bush! EmptyFri Apr 26, 2019 7:22 am

Master_Of_Puppets wrote:
IowaSteeler927 wrote:
nine vegetable wrote:

and who will he send to the bench ? williams who they just gave a 3 year with a 6.4 million signing bonus and an average salary of 6.2 million a year and will cost them 5.1 mill against this years cap , or Barron who will cost them 6.75 million against this years cap ? Welcome to Pittsburgh Devin Bush! 2829330259

if they were planning on getting that aggressive in drafting Bush, then why in the hell did they pick up Barron in the first place.
will they keep bostic on the roster at 1.8 million as the top backup and ditch dirty red , or cut bostic and eat the 700k cap hit ?

i suppose given Barrons back round as a safety, they could use him the way they intended to use burnett ... Welcome to Pittsburgh Devin Bush! 2087824411

Colbert had an interview earlier in the week. There were two sentences that stood out. First, he said about once you insert a playert into the lineup, the clock begins ticking on their career. The second was, we were not going to make the same mistakes and rush rookies into the lineup and are going to bring them along slowly.

Take that for whatever you mean it to be. My guess is we start the season with Williams and Baron, with Bush coming in somewhere to spell Baron.
Back to top Go down
jak341

jak341

PostSubject: Re: Welcome to Pittsburgh Devin Bush!   Welcome to Pittsburgh Devin Bush! EmptyFri Apr 26, 2019 7:34 am

I don't like this pick. At all. To clarify, I like the player. Just not the pick. I think he is overrated slightly though, and doesn't fit our scheme completely.

Too many gaping holes in the roster that need cleaned up: 2WR [I have no faith in Moncrief], starting caliber TE [we know Vance is going to get injured], a slot CB [Hilton was exposed badly down the stretch last year], and perhaps even S [is Sean Davis really the guy?], perhaps even 1CB [Haden is getting on in age and is injury prone].

If we find a few diamonds in the rough in the later rounds, it will help.

Here is a nice find on Twitter from the Broncos War Room.

Back to top Go down
solardave

solardave

PostSubject: Re: Welcome to Pittsburgh Devin Bush!   Welcome to Pittsburgh Devin Bush! EmptyFri Apr 26, 2019 8:18 am

jak341 wrote:
I don't like this pick. At all. To clarify, I like the player. Just not the pick. I think he is overrated slightly though, and doesn't fit our scheme completely.

Too many gaping holes in the roster that need cleaned up: 2WR(I think Washington will be our #2) [I have no faith in Moncrief], starting caliber TE [we know Vance is going to get injured], a slot CB [Hilton was exposed badly down the stretch last year], and perhaps even S [is Sean Davis really the guy?], perhaps even 1CB [Haden is getting on in age and is injury prone].

Don't you think it's a little early? Who would you have picked? Would you trade up to get him?
Back to top Go down
kirklandrules

kirklandrules

PostSubject: Re: Welcome to Pittsburgh Devin Bush!   Welcome to Pittsburgh Devin Bush! EmptyFri Apr 26, 2019 9:08 am

jak341 wrote:

Too many gaping holes in the roster that need cleaned up: 2WR [I have no faith in Moncrief], starting caliber TE [we know Vance is going to get injured], a slot CB [Hilton was exposed badly down the stretch last year], and perhaps even S [is Sean Davis really the guy?], perhaps even 1CB [Haden is getting on in age and is injury prone].

I wasn't 100% sold on Bush either. My hang ups were on a few levels:

1) His height. 5' 11". Last year I really wanted Vander Esch. 6'4" and a 39" vert. Seeing him crushing it in a Cowgirls uniform was sad given the Steelers ILB situation last season. But watching Sam Mills here in Charlotte and Zach Thomas in Miami tells me being just under 6' might not be a huge negative. I've always viewed pass defense as the ability to shrink the windows. 6'4" with a 39" vert certainly makes the window in the middle a lot smaller. But maybe Bush's 4.43 40 compared to Vander Esch's 4.65 shrinks that window just as well. And Bush did have over a 40" vert.

2) Pass defense. I know Bush is fast, but he struggled against the Ohio State passing attack. In fairness, I think some of those guys were running in the 4.3s and that was just one game, so not like he sucks in coverage. But they have fast RBs in the NFL too. He'll need to improve his angles he takes to ensure he doesn't give up big yardage to speedy backs in the passing game.

3) IMO he had an underwhelming game against Wisconsin. You know the Badgers are going to run the ball down your throat, but he didn't dominate like your stud ILB should. He did have a good INT in that game.

4) Consistancy. Seemed like there were games where Bush disappeared. There were more than a couple games he didn't have much production. You don't see that with Devin White, who was fairly productive in every game.

The first two points above I can get past. 3 and 4 are what had me thinking he wasn't the stud everyone made him out to be.

Having said that, I think he's a good player who is very athletic, smart, and a balanced individual (no AB or Bell here). Those that have known me for a while will tell you I will root hard for this kid and have faith his coaches will get him ready for Sundays in the NFL. He's definitely an upgrade over what we had last year.
Back to top Go down
Master_Of_Puppets

Master_Of_Puppets

PostSubject: Re: Welcome to Pittsburgh Devin Bush!   Welcome to Pittsburgh Devin Bush! EmptyFri Apr 26, 2019 12:24 pm

i guess i would say i'm neutral on the pick. i liked Bush at 20. but giving up a 1,2,and 3, is a steeper price than i like. BUT....since the 3 is from next year and they get a 3 comp pick for bell, it stings a little less.

now i would like to see them trade back into the second and snag either chase winovich, byron murphy, or maybe rock ya-sin. the run on cornerbacks should start early in 2.
Back to top Go down
Master_Of_Puppets

Master_Of_Puppets

PostSubject: Re: Welcome to Pittsburgh Devin Bush!   Welcome to Pittsburgh Devin Bush! EmptyFri Apr 26, 2019 12:31 pm

jak341 wrote:
Master_Of_Puppets wrote:
IowaSteeler927 wrote:
nine vegetable wrote:

Colbert had an interview earlier in the week. There were two sentences that stood out. First, he said about once you insert a playert into the lineup, the clock begins ticking on their career. The second was, we were not going to make the same mistakes and rush rookies into the lineup and are going to bring them along slowly.

Take that for whatever you mean it to be. My guess is we start the season with Williams and Baron, with Bush coming in somewhere to spell Baron.

i'd be curious to know who the player or player they rushed to0 early into the line up were ? Burns ? Dupree ? edmunds ? all those picks were 1st round reaches to begin with. the jury is still out on edmunds, but the other 2 are just 1st round fails on colbert and tomlin.
Back to top Go down
kirklandrules

kirklandrules

PostSubject: Re: Welcome to Pittsburgh Devin Bush!   Welcome to Pittsburgh Devin Bush! EmptyFri Apr 26, 2019 1:07 pm

Master_Of_Puppets wrote:
jak341 wrote:
Master_Of_Puppets wrote:
IowaSteeler927 wrote:
nine vegetable wrote:

and who will he send to the bench ? williams who they just gave a 3 year with a 6.4 million signing bonus and an average salary of 6.2 million a year and will cost them 5.1 mill against this years cap , or Barron who will cost them 6.75 million against this years cap ? [smiley]https://2img.net/u/3315/14/51/45/smiles/2829330259.gif[/smiley]

i suppose given Barrons back round as a safety, they could use him the way they intended to use burnett ... [smiley]https://2img.net/u/3315/14/51/45/smiles/2087824411.gif[/smiley]

i'd be curious to know who the player or player they rushed to0 early into the line up were ? Burns ? Dupree ? edmunds ? all those picks were 1st round reaches to begin with. the jury is still out on edmunds, but the other 2 are just 1st round fails on colbert and tomlin.

Burns for sure. He has the talent. Unfortunately, he makes some pretty poor football decisions. Hopefully he gets it locked down and contributes this season. Davis might have been in that boat too, maybe without the hit to his confidence. It wasn't a good position to have him play slot CB his first year out of necessity.

I think I get Colbert's thought. It's always better if you have veterans holding down the positions while rookies learn and fight to take over the start spots. Cowher was lucky to have that situation for several years. In fact, Rooney had to mandate finding playing time for the young guys. Those were some very successful teams.
Back to top Go down
kirklandrules

kirklandrules

PostSubject: Re: Welcome to Pittsburgh Devin Bush!   Welcome to Pittsburgh Devin Bush! EmptyFri Apr 26, 2019 1:29 pm

solardave wrote:
jak341 wrote:

Too many gaping holes in the roster that need cleaned up: 2WR(I think Washington will be our #2) [I have no faith in Moncrief], starting caliber TE [we know Vance is going to get injured], a slot CB [Hilton was exposed badly down the stretch last year], and perhaps even S [is Sean Davis really the guy?], perhaps even 1CB [Haden is getting on in age and is injury prone].

Don't you think it's a little early? Who would you have picked? Would you trade up to get him?

Great questions Solar. Not sure if I would change anything given the circumstances. I'm very certain the bungles take Bush at 11, so he wouldn't be there later for the taking.

As for who else they could have taken at 20 (without trading up), the top CBs are still there (not sure Baker was the best of them), which tells me the league as a whole did not see 1st round value in them. Same for the WRs.

I would have been happy with Fant at 20 (which is where Denver took him), then using lower quality positions to move up and grab Pratt in the 2nd. But Bush is better than Pratt today.

And I do think Bush helps the Steelers more this year than Fant would. ILB was a major hole for the Steelers. Barron goes down with an injury and you don't have Bush, your worse off than last year ... because Forte is gone. McDonald goes down and you add an extra OT for blocking or another WR for passing. You have more options offensively than what you have at ILB.

Colbert talked about having the picks to make a move and they used them to plug the biggest hole right now.

I was high on Wilson because of his tape. I really saw him as a 4.5 40 guy. 4.65 and average measurables on the rest of his workouts wasn't going to put him as a 1st round guy.

Colbert did what he had to do to get the Steelers the best opportunity to win for the next few years.
Back to top Go down
solardave

solardave

PostSubject: Re: Welcome to Pittsburgh Devin Bush!   Welcome to Pittsburgh Devin Bush! EmptyFri Apr 26, 2019 2:32 pm

I don't think we'll regret picking Bush the way we did. If you consider our #20 for their #10 1 to 1 then all we gave up is 2 picks to trade up 10 spots. I call that a win. We still have 8 picks left. There's room for another deal there I believe. Holy shit if they trade up twice in one draft. affraid
Back to top Go down
Great Randino

PostSubject: Re: Welcome to Pittsburgh Devin Bush!   Welcome to Pittsburgh Devin Bush! EmptyFri Apr 26, 2019 4:08 pm

solardave wrote:
I don't think we'll regret picking Bush the way we did. If you consider our #20 for their #10 1 to 1 then all we gave up is 2 picks to trade up 10 spots. I call that a win. We still have 8 picks left. There's room for another deal there I believe. Holy shit if they trade up twice in one draft. affraid
I'd like to see that actually.

I think the potential is there to move up in the 2nd for a DB we covet. I'd like to see it.
Back to top Go down
solardave

solardave

PostSubject: Re: Welcome to Pittsburgh Devin Bush!   Welcome to Pittsburgh Devin Bush! EmptyFri Apr 26, 2019 4:36 pm

nine vegetable wrote:
solardave wrote:
I'd like to see that actually.

I think the potential is there to move up in the 2nd for a DB we covet.  I'd like to see it.

I was thinking the same thing. Only thing is with no second round pick I think it might take more to trade back into that round. More than we want to give up. Baker is the only CB off the board. One should fall to us but who knows.
Back to top Go down
solardave

solardave

PostSubject: Re: Welcome to Pittsburgh Devin Bush!   Welcome to Pittsburgh Devin Bush! EmptyFri Apr 26, 2019 4:43 pm

NFL network has us mocked to take this guy:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iyLIPMpaF7Y
Back to top Go down
effyou515

effyou515

PostSubject: Re: Welcome to Pittsburgh Devin Bush!   Welcome to Pittsburgh Devin Bush! EmptyFri Apr 26, 2019 5:27 pm

what I like about Bush is he has side line to side line speed should help in run defense a down hill shoot a gap run defender and the Steelers have the defensive front to keep him clean. and he the classic 2 deep zone ILBer who can get deep down the middle.
Back to top Go down
effyou515

effyou515

PostSubject: Re: Welcome to Pittsburgh Devin Bush!   Welcome to Pittsburgh Devin Bush! EmptyFri Apr 26, 2019 5:34 pm

solardave wrote:
NFL network has us mocked to take this guy:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iyLIPMpaF7Y

like his. possesses the feet, hip, instincts and competitiveness.

Overview
Pure and simple, Love is a cover guy who possesses the feet, hips, instincts and competitiveness you want in a corner. He operates with outstanding technique from both man and zone, and his ability to anticipate and recognize routes allows for stickier coverage. He's more finesse than physical and his lack of top speed might need to be schemed around with certain matchups. However, Love’s cover talent, intelligence and ball skills give him a good shot at succeeding outside or from the slot.

https://www.nfl.com/prospects/julian-love?id=32194c4f-5613-3771-4f23-34180a3619b8
Back to top Go down
jak341

jak341

PostSubject: Re: Welcome to Pittsburgh Devin Bush!   Welcome to Pittsburgh Devin Bush! EmptySun Apr 28, 2019 4:42 am

Pittsburgh is rolling out the red carpet for Bush.

https://twitter.com/primantibros/status/1122196802239901697?s=19
Back to top Go down
BlackAndGold

BlackAndGold

PostSubject: Re: Welcome to Pittsburgh Devin Bush!   Welcome to Pittsburgh Devin Bush! EmptyTue Apr 30, 2019 10:49 pm

He's going to be one hell of a player for years to come.

PostSubject: Re: Welcome to Pittsburgh Devin Bush!   Welcome to Pittsburgh Devin Bush! Empty

Back to top Go down

Welcome to Pittsburgh Devin Bush!
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next