Steelers Xtreme Forum

HomeTraining camp news Home10RegisterLog inContact
Become a member of the Steelers Xtreme community to join in on the discussions and get access to members-only forums. Registering is free and easy.

Training camp news

Go down 
+2
SteelerFreak58
Master_Of_Puppets
6 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Master_Of_Puppets

Master_Of_Puppets

Training camp news Empty
PostSubject: Training camp news   Training camp news EmptyThu Jul 25, 2024 11:42 pm

today was the first day of training camp.  Russ Wilson has a calf issue so JF took the first team reps.  from what i hear JF had a solid day of practice.
george pickins had a heated exchange with the WR coach.

Back to top Go down
SteelerFreak58

SteelerFreak58

Training camp news Empty
PostSubject: Re: Training camp news   Training camp news EmptyFri Jul 26, 2024 12:11 am

George... George... George... can't get out of his own way...

https://steelersdepot.com/2024/07/fittipaldo-george-pickens-visibly-upset-after-exchange-with-wr-coach-zach-azzanni-late-in-practice/
Back to top Go down
IowaSteeler927

IowaSteeler927

Training camp news Empty
PostSubject: Re: Training camp news   Training camp news EmptyFri Jul 26, 2024 3:56 am

I like that George is highly competitive but at the same time I see shades of late career Antonio Brown in him and I don't much care for it. Dude needs to grow up. Zach Azzanni expects a lot from his receivers and he's been very open about that, it shouldn't be a surprise to GP, and GP needs to understand that his coaches have his best interests at heart and are trying to bring out the best in him. Kid definitely needs to mature but that's always been the knock on him since he came out of college.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyGLM8goxBzHK5YBJBS9uaQ
solardave

solardave

Training camp news Empty
PostSubject: Re: Training camp news   Training camp news EmptyFri Jul 26, 2024 7:00 am

IowaSteeler927 wrote:
I like that George is highly competitive but at the same time I see shades of late career Antonio Brown in him and I don't much care for it. Dude needs to grow up. Zach Azzanni expects a lot from his receivers and he's been very open about that, it shouldn't be a surprise to GP, and GP needs to understand that his coaches have his best interests at heart and are trying to bring out the best in him. Kid definitely needs to mature but that's always been the knock on him since he came out of college.

Wasn't his immaturity why he fell to us to begin with? He'll either grow up and "get it" or be playing elsewhere after this contract.
The article said we don't have a lot of good WRs. That remains to be seen. I have hopes that Jefferson stays healthy and Wilson lives up to the comparison to Hines. Don't forget Calvin Austin III. We could have the most under rated WR corp this season.

SteelerFreak58 and Great Randino like this post

Back to top Go down
vasteeler

vasteeler

Training camp news Empty
PostSubject: Re: Training camp news   Training camp news EmptyFri Jul 26, 2024 12:05 pm

Woohoo.. football season

Sucks about Pickens. I was hoping he was just a weirdo. I like weirdos. I don't like troublemakers

"Zed's dead, baby. Zed's dead." - Butch

solardave and Stella Nation like this post

Back to top Go down
Master_Of_Puppets

Master_Of_Puppets

Training camp news Empty
PostSubject: Re: Training camp news   Training camp news EmptyFri Jul 26, 2024 8:47 pm

**** WARNING****

Do Not buy into the Hype of the summer activities and what is coming out of Camp.

for those of us old enough to remember last year, you will remember the copious amount of hype about how good Dan Moore looked. it didnt take long to realize he was the exact same Dan Moore we have grown accustomed too.
so far this year Calvin Austin has been getting a lot of press.

Stella Nation and SteelerFreak58 like this post

Back to top Go down
SteelerFreak58

SteelerFreak58

Training camp news Empty
PostSubject: Re: Training camp news   Training camp news EmptyFri Jul 26, 2024 9:09 pm

Master_Of_Puppets wrote:
**** WARNING****

Do Not buy into the Hype of the summer activities and what is coming out of Camp.

for those of us old enough to remember last year, you will remember the copious amount of hype about how good Dan Moore looked. it didnt take long to realize he was the exact same Dan Moore we have grown accustomed too.

Why the fuck they have Frazier and Fautanu on 2nd team and not moving Jones to left now is beyond me...

Herbig at Center over your Rd2 Center pick? You have a rd 1 tackle pick and he isn't going to be the guy?

Moore was one of the fucking worst tackles in the entire league last year... you think that's going to make some.major jump? Makes absolutely zero sense to me...
Back to top Go down
Master_Of_Puppets

Master_Of_Puppets

Training camp news Empty
PostSubject: Re: Training camp news   Training camp news EmptySat Jul 27, 2024 6:41 am

SteelerFreak58 wrote:
Master_Of_Puppets wrote:
**** WARNING****

Why the fuck they have Frazier and Fautanu on 2nd team and not moving Jones to left now is beyond me...

Herbig at Center over your Rd2 Center pick? You have a rd 1 tackle pick and he isn't going to be the guy?

Moore was one of the fucking worst tackles in the entire league last year... you think that's going to make some.major jump? Makes absolutely zero sense to me...

right ? but yet beanie bishop is getting 1st team reps from what i've heard. herbig obviously has the NFL experience edge, but not as a center.
this kind of shit is exactly why i have grown to have a strong dislike for tomlin as a coach. i mean he can draft a mediocre college guard in the 3rd, who likely would have been there in the 4th,and anoint them the starting center before OTA's. diddo with 4th round dan moore.
normally i would think rationally and tell myself it is still just football in shorts, and right now learning the offense is what is important. BUT...we watched a 1st round tackle pick sit the bench while not one, but 2 starting tackles were playing like shit.
i mean at the very least why is jones not getting reps at left tackle. Training camp news 2625562446

SteelerFreak58 likes this post

Back to top Go down
solardave

solardave

Training camp news Empty
PostSubject: Re: Training camp news   Training camp news EmptySat Jul 27, 2024 6:44 am

SteelerFreak58 wrote:
Master_Of_Puppets wrote:
**** WARNING****

I don't put much stock in the training camp version of "starters". I instead want to believe it's a watch and learn deal for the rookies. At least I hope that's what it is and not some "build back better" bullshit.

Great Randino likes this post

Back to top Go down
Great Randino

Training camp news Empty
PostSubject: Re: Training camp news   Training camp news EmptySat Jul 27, 2024 6:16 pm

solardave wrote:
SteelerFreak58 wrote:
Master_Of_Puppets wrote:
**** WARNING****

I don't put much stock in the training camp version of "starters". I instead want to believe it's a watch and learn deal for the rookies. At least I hope that's what it is and not some "build back better" bullshit.

It really is "football in shorts". Nothing to see here, folks.
Back to top Go down
Master_Of_Puppets

Master_Of_Puppets

Training camp news Empty
PostSubject: Re: Training camp news   Training camp news EmptySat Jul 27, 2024 11:12 pm

solardave wrote:
SteelerFreak58 wrote:
Master_Of_Puppets wrote:
**** WARNING****

i normally wouldn't either, but this is the same tomlin who let the 14th pick of the draft sit the bench. keep in mind an entirely new offensive system is being installed , so the incumbent starters dont really have an advantage as far as knowing the system.
dont get me wrong, i dont think anyone should be handed the  starting job, but they spent their draft capitol on a tackle and a center for a legitimate reason. rightfully they had zero confidence in who they had predraft on the roster. i'm ok with a legit competition for the spots, but tomlin has a bad habit of favoring  vets over rookies despite what he invested in them and despite why he drafted them to begin with. Troy and zach were not drafted for depth so why not start working on the cohesion we always hear is so important on day one ? being a new system and all the vets cant be teaching because they are also learning. IMO.. right now the biggest concern on tomlins mind should be ,which one of his 1st round tackles is best suited on the left side.

when i buy a new tool, and i already own that tool, i dont throw it in the tool box or on the shelf and continue to use the old model. i bought it for a reason. it is because i think it is superior to the tool i already have but i dont know until i actually use it.

solardave and SteelerFreak58 like this post

Back to top Go down
IowaSteeler927

IowaSteeler927

Training camp news Empty
PostSubject: Re: Training camp news   Training camp news EmptyTue Jul 30, 2024 5:18 am

We're almost to padded practices, that's when I really start to pay attention to things. Lets see how these guys do when real contact is being made.

Great Randino likes this post

Back to top Go down
Great Randino

Training camp news Empty
PostSubject: Re: Training camp news   Training camp news EmptyTue Jul 30, 2024 3:09 pm

IowaSteeler927 wrote:
We're almost to padded practices, that's when I really start to pay attention to things. Lets see how these guys do when real contact is being made.

Nothing matters until then, that's for sure.
Back to top Go down
Master_Of_Puppets

Master_Of_Puppets

Training camp news Empty
PostSubject: Re: Training camp news   Training camp news EmptyWed Jul 31, 2024 12:22 am

roman wilson sprained his ankle Training camp news 1505004552

steelers cut former saint wr Marquez Callaway and former Eagles cornerback Josiah Scott

ryan watts is moving to safety.

other team news - dionte johnson is still struggling with the droppsies.
Back to top Go down
solardave

solardave

Training camp news Empty
PostSubject: Re: Training camp news   Training camp news EmptyWed Jul 31, 2024 2:34 am

https://steelersnow.com/steelers-knew-early-that-beanie-bishop-wasnt-like-most-udfas/
Back to top Go down
Master_Of_Puppets

Master_Of_Puppets

Training camp news Empty
PostSubject: Re: Training camp news   Training camp news EmptyWed Jul 31, 2024 10:25 am

solardave wrote:
https://steelersnow.com/steelers-knew-early-that-beanie-bishop-wasnt-like-most-udfas/

but he just wasnt good enough to use a draft pick on ... but hey, they just knew he was something special, just not draft special... Training camp news 1549491426

so he's kinda like meatloaf. i dont mind meatloaf, but i would never order it off a restaurant menu and i would never take the time to make it myself, but if i was at someone elses house and they made a meatloaf i would eat it. in other words i wouldnt invest anything in to meatloaf , but if its there and free, why not ? Training camp news 2893009358

solardave and Great Randino like this post

Back to top Go down
Great Randino

Training camp news Empty
PostSubject: Re: Training camp news   Training camp news EmptyWed Jul 31, 2024 11:53 am

Master_Of_Puppets wrote:
solardave wrote:

but he just wasnt good enough to use a draft pick on ... but hey, they just knew he was something special, just not draft special... Training camp news 1549491426

so he's kinda like meatloaf. i dont mind meatloaf, but i would never order it off a restaurant menu and i would never take the time to make it myself, but if i was at someone elses house and they made a meatloaf i would eat it. in other words i wouldnt invest anything in to meatloaf , but if its there and free,  why not ? Training camp news 2893009358

I've always liked Meatloaf. Bat out of Hell was especially good Training camp news 1797695198

vasteeler, Master_Of_Puppets, solardave and IowaSteeler927 like this post

Back to top Go down
solardave

solardave

Training camp news Empty
PostSubject: Re: Training camp news   Training camp news EmptyWed Jul 31, 2024 3:34 pm

Master_Of_Puppets wrote:
solardave wrote:

so he's kinda like meatloaf. i dont mind meatloaf, but i would never order it off a restaurant menu and i would never take the time to make it myself, but if i was at someone elses house and they made a meatloaf i would eat it. in other words i wouldnt invest anything in to meatloaf , but if its there and free,  why not ? Training camp news 2893009358

Beanie "the meatloaf" Bishop from here on out. Training camp news 1797695198

Master_Of_Puppets and IowaSteeler927 like this post

Back to top Go down
Master_Of_Puppets

Master_Of_Puppets

Training camp news Empty
PostSubject: Re: Training camp news   Training camp news EmptyWed Jul 31, 2024 10:31 pm

Great Randino wrote:
Master_Of_Puppets wrote:
solardave wrote:

I've always liked Meatloaf.  Bat out of Hell was especially good Training camp news 1797695198

excellent album. Training camp news 184121345
Back to top Go down
vasteeler

vasteeler

Training camp news Empty
PostSubject: Re: Training camp news   Training camp news EmptyFri Aug 02, 2024 2:06 pm

Great Randino wrote:
Master_Of_Puppets wrote:
solardave wrote:

I've always liked Meatloaf.  Bat out of Hell was especially good Training camp news 1797695198

Well as far as his albums go, two out of three ain't bad.. I'm so sorry, I'll see myself out now

"Zed's dead, baby. Zed's dead." - Butch

solardave, IowaSteeler927 and Great Randino like this post

Back to top Go down
Great Randino

Training camp news Empty
PostSubject: Re: Training camp news   Training camp news EmptyFri Aug 02, 2024 2:16 pm

Can we tell that September 8th can't come soon enough? Training camp news 1f60e

solardave likes this post

Back to top Go down
SteelerFreak58

SteelerFreak58

Training camp news Empty
PostSubject: Re: Training camp news   Training camp news EmptySat Aug 03, 2024 10:27 pm

After last years training camp and mirage of a preseason I am just gonna wait for the regular season to start.
Back to top Go down
Great Randino

Training camp news Empty
PostSubject: Re: Training camp news   Training camp news EmptySat Aug 03, 2024 11:07 pm

SteelerFreak58 wrote:
After last years training camp and mirage of a preseason I am just gonna wait for the regular season to start.
Right, me too.
Back to top Go down
IowaSteeler927

IowaSteeler927

Training camp news Empty
PostSubject: Re: Training camp news   Training camp news EmptyMon Aug 05, 2024 4:55 am

Van Jefferson has been playing well in camp and seems to be more consistent than Calvin Austin and the others WRs on the roster. I'm going to guess It'll be Pickens, Jefferson, and Austin/Wilson getting the most work. The TEs from everything I've seen in the camp notes so far are being utilized a lot more than they were previously. I think everyone knew Arthur Smith likes his TEs and now we're seeing that come to fruition. I fully expect Freiermuth/Washington/Heyward to get plenty more opportunities come the regular season. We can mask the potential deficiencies at WR by utilizing our TEs more effectively. Pickens is having a strong camp so far, but that's to be expected as he's the obvious #1 guy. Fields is already connecting well with him. Really the offense seems to be moving along fairly well. Camp has been very active, very competitive, and there's been a few dust-ups with tempers flaring. TJ Watt himself has said this is the most intense camp he's been in.

I like what I'm hearing so far. I want to see more of Russell Wilson though, his work has been very light due to this calf. Though the extra reps for Justin Fields I think have been very beneficial for him.

I also love what I'm hearing/seeing from the MLB position. Roberts and Queen are all over the field. I think these guys have the potential to be the best MLB group we've had in years and Peyton Wilson has been showing some flashes as well which indicates we might even have depth at the position. I am really, really excited to see what this defense can really do.

Master_Of_Puppets

Master_Of_Puppets

Training camp news Empty
PostSubject: Re: Training camp news   Training camp news EmptyFri Aug 16, 2024 3:30 am

tomlin has announced Wilson had a full practice and will start the next game. the starters are expected to play 4 series depending on their performance.

solardave, Stella Nation and Great Randino like this post

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Training camp news Empty
PostSubject: Re: Training camp news   Training camp news Empty

Back to top Go down

Training camp news
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next