Steelers Xtreme Forum

Homeofficial FIRE ARIANS thread - Page 4 Home10RegisterLog inContact
Become a member of the Steelers Xtreme community to join in on the discussions and get access to members-only forums. Registering is free and easy.

official FIRE ARIANS thread

Go down 
+9
Fire Arians
effyou515
JonM229
vasteeler
Wallace108
SteelersYak
supytalpeht
Buddha Bus
stlrtruck
13 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
AuthorMessage
Buddha Bus

Buddha Bus

official FIRE ARIANS thread - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: official FIRE ARIANS thread   official FIRE ARIANS thread - Page 4 EmptyWed Nov 02, 2011 4:35 am

BGSU A Dub wrote:
Just a counterpoint, if we would have tried to run and gotten stuffed, I'm sure the argument would have been "everyone knew we were going to run, we should have been more aggressive and tried to get in field goal range?" Agree or disagree?

In my opinion, a couple of runs with Redman would have been ideal. A quick slant or RB screen or option would have been OK, it's the drop back passes in that situation that make me nervous given our O-line's history. We also don't want to risk an interception there either. Hell, even one of Arians' patented WR bubble screens would have given us a yard or two and kept the clock running at least.

Back to top Go down
stlrtruck

stlrtruck

PostSubject: Re: official FIRE ARIANS thread   official FIRE ARIANS thread - Page 4 EmptyWed Nov 02, 2011 8:58 am

First of all, I believe on the 3rd down play it was 3rd and 2, which means we were inside the 20, but we'll call it the 20. The ball is usually 7 yards back from the LOS, add 10 for the end zone and you have a 37 yard field goal which is well inside Suisham's range (if he kicks from the center of the field or the right hash mark.

I would have preferred to run the ball there and force NE to use their time outs. Worse case scenario we get stopped on 3rd and 2, they either burn a TO and we kick a FG that puts the game completely out of reach regardless if the patriots* would have scored in the waining seconds.

1 NATION
STEELERS NATION official FIRE ARIANS thread - Page 4 3056903510

I am the MAN that created the MYTH that started the LEGEND

Don't choose good when greatness is available!
Back to top Go down
SteelersYak

SteelersYak

PostSubject: Re: official FIRE ARIANS thread   official FIRE ARIANS thread - Page 4 EmptyWed Nov 02, 2011 10:40 am

You were a bit off Truck. Here is the final drive play by play:
1st and 10 at NE 37B.Roethlisberger
pass short right to D.Johnson to NE 30 for 7 yards (B.Spikes).

Timeout #1 by NE at
02:21.
2nd and 3 at NE 30I.Redman right guard to NE 28
for 2 yards (B.Deaderick, V.Wilfork).

Timeout #2 by NE at
02:16.
3rd and 1 at NE 28I.Redman up the middle to NE 27
for 1 yard (G.Warren). Official measurement.

Timeout #3 by NE at
02:10.
1st and 10 at NE 27I.Redman up the middle to NE
28 for -1 yards (A.Carter).
2nd and 11 at NE 28B.Roethlisberger
sacked at NE 39 for -11 yards (K.Love).
3rd and 22 at NE 39(Shotgun)
B.Roethlisberger sacked at NE 47 for -8 yards (M.Anderson).
4th and 35 at PIT 48(Punt
formation) D.Sepulveda punts 31 yards to NE 21, Center-G.Warren.
W.Welker to NE 22 for 1 yard (W.Allen).

stlrtruck

PostSubject: Re: official FIRE ARIANS thread   official FIRE ARIANS thread - Page 4 EmptyWed Nov 02, 2011 10:48 am

BGSU A Dub wrote:
You were a bit off Truck. Here is the final drive play by play:
1st and 10 at NE 37B.Roethlisberger
pass short right to D.Johnson to NE 30 for 7 yards (B.Spikes).

Timeout #1 by NE at
02:21.
2nd and 3 at NE 30I.Redman right guard to NE 28
for 2 yards (B.Deaderick, V.Wilfork).

Timeout #2 by NE at
02:16.
3rd and 1 at NE 28I.Redman up the middle to NE 27
for 1 yard (G.Warren). Official measurement.

Timeout #3 by NE at
02:10.
1st and 10 at NE 27I.Redman up the middle to NE
28 for -1 yards (A.Carter).
2nd and 11 at NE 28B.Roethlisberger
sacked at NE 39 for -11 yards (K.Love).
3rd and 22 at NE 39(Shotgun)
B.Roethlisberger sacked at NE 47 for -8 yards (M.Anderson).
4th and 35 at PIT 48(Punt
formation) D.Sepulveda punts 31 yards to NE 21, Center-G.Warren.
W.Welker to NE 22 for 1 yard (W.Allen).

A little, damn, I was more than a little...
but let's take the 27...
move the ball back 7 for the placement - 34
add 10 for the endzone - 44

Ummmm, yeah I still ran that ball 3 times and drained the clock to it's lowest point and then let Sepulveda put a coffin punt in the corner at about the 1.

1 NATION

Back to top Go down
stlrtruck

stlrtruck

PostSubject: Re: official FIRE ARIANS thread   official FIRE ARIANS thread - Page 4 EmptySun Nov 06, 2011 11:47 pm

Yep, he got credit last week and now he's the goat.

You have two pass plays when you should be running the ball.

I don't care what our record is at the end of the year, ARIANS NEEDS TO GO!

1 NATION

Back to top Go down
Wallace108

Wallace108

PostSubject: Re: official FIRE ARIANS thread   official FIRE ARIANS thread - Page 4 EmptySun Nov 06, 2011 11:55 pm

stlrtruck wrote:
Yep, he got credit last week and now he's the goat.

You have two pass plays when you should be running the ball.

I don't care what our record is at the end of the year, ARIANS NEEDS TO GO!

I'll quote myself from the Game Day thread:

Wallace108 wrote:
Three times this season we had a chance to put teams away but gave them an opportunity to win. We got away with it against the Jags and Patriots. It bit us in the ass this time. I've been screaming it from the mountaintop, and I'll continue to do so. BRUCE ARIANS HAS NO FUCKING CLUE HOW TO PLAY WITH A LEAD.

Even Collinsworth and Michaels questioned the play calling when we came out throwing instead of running with a chance to kill the clock.

If you're going to be a smart ass, you'd better be smart. Otherwise, you're just an ass.
Back to top Go down
http://www.steelersxtreme.com/
effyou515

effyou515

PostSubject: Re: official FIRE ARIANS thread   official FIRE ARIANS thread - Page 4 EmptyWed Nov 09, 2011 1:24 pm

question?

isn't this the last year on Arians contract?
Back to top Go down
Buddha Bus

Buddha Bus

PostSubject: Re: official FIRE ARIANS thread   official FIRE ARIANS thread - Page 4 EmptyWed Nov 09, 2011 4:03 pm

effyou515 wrote:
question?

isn't this the last year on Arians contract?

I believe that is correct, eff.

Back to top Go down
Fire Arians

Fire Arians

PostSubject: Re: official FIRE ARIANS thread   official FIRE ARIANS thread - Page 4 EmptySat Nov 12, 2011 2:35 pm

to be honest i think he's been doing a pretty good job this year.

i know, hearing it from me probably is a little shocking affraid

the gripe i still have with him is no use of a true fullback. i think the david johnson experiment should have been over years ago, and his epic fail of a whiffed block on clay matthews in the super bowl could have cost us the game.

also notice mendenhall does a lot better when he has a fullback? nothing wrong with that. hell, after all even the bus was much more effective with the bus driver (tim lester). power running game almost always needs a decent fullback to pull it off
Back to top Go down
vasteeler

vasteeler

PostSubject: Re: official FIRE ARIANS thread   official FIRE ARIANS thread - Page 4 EmptySun Nov 13, 2011 9:46 am

Fire Arians wrote:
to be honest i think he's been doing a pretty good job this year.

i know, hearing it from me probably is a little shocking affraid

the gripe i still have with him is no use of a true fullback. i think the david johnson experiment should have been over years ago, and his epic fail of a whiffed block on clay matthews in the super bowl could have cost us the game.

also notice mendenhall does a lot better when he has a fullback? nothing wrong with that. hell, after all even the bus was much more effective with the bus driver (tim lester). power running game almost always needs a decent fullback to pull it off

agreed, he is horrible

"Zed's dead, baby. Zed's dead." - Butch
Back to top Go down
stlrtruck

stlrtruck

PostSubject: Re: official FIRE ARIANS thread   official FIRE ARIANS thread - Page 4 EmptySun Nov 13, 2011 5:56 pm

It's Arians vs. Execution.

I don't believe that Arians knows how to utilize the talent he has on the team. I'm tired of the team's inability to take advantage of the talent they have and call plays to provide the best possible outcome...time control and TDs. Arians doesn't know how to play with a lead and he doesn't know how to put the nail in the coffin. A 7 point, even 10 point lead isn't comfortable for any team, and the Steelers seem to be real good at 3 and outs late in the game.

Arians has proven he doesn't know what to do in the 4th quarter when the team has a lead. I'm truly done with Arians as OC. I want someone that can utilize the talents of this team for a full 60 minutes.

1 NATION

Back to top Go down
stlrtruck

stlrtruck

PostSubject: Re: official FIRE ARIANS thread   official FIRE ARIANS thread - Page 4 EmptyMon Nov 28, 2011 8:24 am

Did we win last night in spite of our offense and offensive coordinator?

I'll say it again, Bruce Arians DOES NOT KNOW HOW TO PLAY WITH A LEAD! Now I know that the INTs are not his fault and Ben should have taken a few more underneath routes, but the play calling was a disgrace last night, especially with the injuries on the front line, knowing that if you throw the deep ball our O-line is 95% sure to get a holding call (and the other 5% are missed).

How many others sat on the couch and chewed off a few finger nails until the last interception?

1 NATION

Back to top Go down
stlrtruck

stlrtruck

PostSubject: Re: official FIRE ARIANS thread   official FIRE ARIANS thread - Page 4 EmptySun Dec 04, 2011 6:46 pm

I give him hell when he screws up, but today I'll give him credit. official FIRE ARIANS thread - Page 4 1647293567

Well played Bruce, although I was a little nervous after the first quarter but it seems you settled everyone down and made some great calls in the last 3 quarters. AND EVEN WITH A LEAD, you went for more points.

but just so we all know where I stand, I'd still like to see your position filled with someone else after this season.

1 NATION

Back to top Go down
stlrtruck

stlrtruck

PostSubject: Re: official FIRE ARIANS thread   official FIRE ARIANS thread - Page 4 EmptyThu Dec 08, 2011 11:25 pm

Ok Brucie, you get another pass with this game. The idiot penalties and offensive line's inability to move the pile when necessary aren't on you.

The ONE complaint I have is on the goal line, why run the same 4 plays? COME ON MAN!

But even with this game, and it not being your fault on the playcalling, I STILL WANT YOU FIRED!

1 NATION

Back to top Go down
Wallace108

Wallace108

PostSubject: Re: official FIRE ARIANS thread   official FIRE ARIANS thread - Page 4 EmptyFri Dec 09, 2011 1:00 am

stlrtruck wrote:
Ok Brucie, you get another pass with this game. The idiot penalties and offensive line's inability to move the pile when necessary aren't on you.

The ONE complaint I have is on the goal line, why run the same 4 plays? COME ON MAN!

But even with this game, and it not being your fault on the playcalling, I STILL WANT YOU FIRED!
That goal line series is my only complaint as well. But my issue is that he pulled Wallace and Brown on first and (I believe) second down. With no receivers on the field, the defense KNOWS you're running. And having receivers out there takes two defenders out of the box. This was just as bad as going empty backfield on 3rd and 1.

If you're going to be a smart ass, you'd better be smart. Otherwise, you're just an ass.
Back to top Go down
SteelCityMom

SteelCityMom

PostSubject: Re: official FIRE ARIANS thread   official FIRE ARIANS thread - Page 4 EmptyFri Dec 09, 2011 1:34 am

Well, in all fairness...if Ben wasn't injured, you know that goal line play would have been most or all passes. I was pissed about it at first, but I think the coaches thought that they should have been able to run it in against the extremely hapless Browns. And I agree. I wish they had gone for a pass or two as well, but I mean, c'mon...it was the Browns, on the goal line. They should have been able to execute that whether the Browns knew what was coming or not.

Wallace108

Wallace108

PostSubject: Re: official FIRE ARIANS thread   official FIRE ARIANS thread - Page 4 EmptyFri Dec 09, 2011 1:41 am

SteelCityMom wrote:
Well, in all fairness...if Ben wasn't injured, you know that goal line play would have been most or all passes. I was pissed about it at first, but I think the coaches thought that they should have been able to run it in against the extremely hapless Browns. And I agree. I wish they had gone for a pass or two as well, but I mean, c'mon...it was the Browns, on the goal line. They should have been able to execute that whether the Browns knew what was coming or not.
I agree with their decision to run the ball. But I think they should have kept Wallace and Brown out there as decoys. We do throw a lot on the goal line, so the Browns would have had to guess whether we were running or passing. With no receivers out there, the Browns were essentially able to put 11 players in the box. That's tough to run (and block) against.

Back to top Go down
SteelersYak

SteelersYak

PostSubject: Re: official FIRE ARIANS thread   official FIRE ARIANS thread - Page 4 EmptyFri Dec 09, 2011 4:55 am

The kudos goes to the Browns defense on those plays. They took a gamble of where the play was going and they got it. If we have a healthy Ben one of two different things would have happened: a QB sneak or a bootleg. Ben just didn't have the mobility to get in there.

I would have liked to have seen a trips play out of the shotgun that had an option for a screen play or a delayed draw up the middle.

But what do I know?
official FIRE ARIANS thread - Page 4 2087824411

Buddha Bus

PostSubject: Re: official FIRE ARIANS thread   official FIRE ARIANS thread - Page 4 EmptyFri Dec 09, 2011 8:57 am

I'm OK with the run calls, but I still want to see Redman as the goal line back. He has more fight and tackle breaking ability. When will the team see this?

I also agree that some WRs would have spread things out more. Too bad we can't put Legursky in as the goal line fullback anymore either.

I give Bruce a pass this week. His game plan looked fantastic early on, but the penalties, turnovers, and injuries derailed it all. I would have guessed and supported a more run heavy attack against the Browns, but the passing attack was paying dividends early. He had it mapped out well , but too many other factors killed it for us. I'm just glad we got the win and hope we have a better showing against the Browns in their "factory of sadness".

Back to top Go down
supytalpeht

PostSubject: Re: official FIRE ARIANS thread   official FIRE ARIANS thread - Page 4 EmptyTue Dec 13, 2011 8:04 am

Did any of ya'll catch Josh Mcdaniels' play call on 2nd and goal last night? 2nd and goal at the 1, your qb has a high ankle sprain and you call a bootleg. WTF?
Back to top Go down
stlrtruck

stlrtruck

PostSubject: Re: official FIRE ARIANS thread   official FIRE ARIANS thread - Page 4 EmptyTue Dec 13, 2011 8:50 am

supytalpeht wrote:
Did any of ya'll catch Josh Mcdaniels' play call on 2nd and goal last night? 2nd and goal at the 1, your qb has a high ankle sprain and you call a bootleg. WTF?

Yeah I'd have to agree with the WTF. Didn't see the play, but why the hell would you do that to your QB?

At least Arians was smart enough not to call that play official FIRE ARIANS thread - Page 4 1797695198

1 NATION

Back to top Go down
Wallace108

Wallace108

PostSubject: Re: official FIRE ARIANS thread   official FIRE ARIANS thread - Page 4 EmptyTue Dec 13, 2011 12:34 pm

stlrtruck wrote:
supytalpeht wrote:

Yeah I'd have to agree with the WTF. Didn't see the play, but why the hell would you do that to your QB?

At least Arians was smart enough not to call that play official FIRE ARIANS thread - Page 4 1797695198
They called a pass play on third down on the goal line, but Ben changed the call. Maybe it WAS a bootleg. official FIRE ARIANS thread - Page 4 3798349058

Back to top Go down
Buddha Bus

Buddha Bus

PostSubject: Re: official FIRE ARIANS thread   official FIRE ARIANS thread - Page 4 EmptyTue Dec 13, 2011 4:04 pm

supytalpeht wrote:

Stupid is as stupid does. official FIRE ARIANS thread - Page 4 1797695198

Of course, McDaniels kind of looks like a genius on that Tebow pick in retrospect now doesn't he? official FIRE ARIANS thread - Page 4 1689750825

Back to top Go down
Wallace108

Wallace108

PostSubject: Re: official FIRE ARIANS thread   official FIRE ARIANS thread - Page 4 EmptyMon Dec 19, 2011 3:49 am

Truck, if I ever have to ban you, I found you a new home. official FIRE ARIANS thread - Page 4 1664291743

http://maximumgrilledsteelers.com/firebrucearians/

Back to top Go down
stlrtruck

stlrtruck

PostSubject: Re: official FIRE ARIANS thread   official FIRE ARIANS thread - Page 4 EmptyMon Dec 19, 2011 8:42 am

Wallace108 wrote:
Truck, if I ever have to ban you, I found you a new home. official FIRE ARIANS thread - Page 4 1664291743

http://maximumgrilledsteelers.com/firebrucearians/

I'll keep in my list of 'New places to start a Halfway House if Wally ever bans me'.

But until then... official FIRE ARIANS thread - Page 4 1824088959 official FIRE ARIANS thread - Page 4 1822059364 official FIRE ARIANS thread - Page 4 1788976989

1 NATION

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: official FIRE ARIANS thread   official FIRE ARIANS thread - Page 4 Empty

Back to top Go down

official FIRE ARIANS thread
Page 4 of 6Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next