Steelers Xtreme Forum

HomeJames Harrison wants to play one more year Home10RegisterLog inContact
Become a member of the Steelers Xtreme community to join in on the discussions and get access to members-only forums. Registering is free and easy.

James Harrison wants to play one more year

Go down 
+22
stlrtruck
FanSince72
steelcrazy
steelers5895
FrancoLambert
Atlanta Dan
WVABE
El-Gonzo Jackson
SteelCity4Life
HeinzMustard
LambertLunatic
Buddha Bus
KeepHarrisonTilHes92
steelcityboyz
Fire Arians
The_Joker
Stella Nation
pczach
Wallace108
IowaSteeler927
ImperialFan
Hawaii 5-0
26 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Hawaii 5-0

Hawaii 5-0

James Harrison wants to play one more year Empty
PostSubject: James Harrison wants to play one more year   James Harrison wants to play one more year EmptyWed Dec 09, 2015 12:20 am

James Harrison wants to play one more year 6_4084421

James Harrison doesn't want the 2015 season to be his last.

Fresh off of his first three sack game in over four years, Harrison has said that he wants to return for the 2016 season, according to Ed Bouchette of the Pittsburgh Post-Gazette. In his 13th season and 12th season with the Steelers, Harrison's contract runs through the 2016 season.

A bonafide Steelers icon in his own right, Harrison passed a renowned member of the original Steel Curtain defense, L.C. Greenwood, on the Steelers' all-time sack list on Sunday. With 74.5 sacks, Harrison now trails only Jason Gildon on the team's all-time sack list, as Gildon tallied 77 sacks during his 10 years with the Steelers.

After entering Sunday's game with 2.0 sacks on the season, Harrison tallied three sacks in one quarter, and is now tied with Cameron Heyward for the team lead. Late in the game, Harrison victimized Colts rookie Denzelle Good, who was making his second career start in a game that he'd surely like to forget.

“Geez, I hope he buys dinner for that tackle,” Heyward said Good. “It was ridiculous. He just became the sack leader in one quarter.”

What's also ridiculous is Harrison's peerless durability and stamina at the age of 37. While no one would argue that he's as good as he was in 2008, when he was the NFL's Defensive Player of the Year, Harrison has proven that he is still be a force to be reckoned with on the football field. He's also been a positive influence for rookie Bud Dupree and third year linebacker Jarvis Jones, who, along with Arthur Moats, are apart of a rotation at outside linebacker that's run by outside linebackers coach-and Harrison's former teammate-Joey Porter.

"We never are surprised when he has games like that because he’s been dong that his whole career,” Moats said of Harrison's performance in Pittsburgh's 45-10 win over the Colts. “And we know how he works, so for him to go out and have a game like that, he continues to show he still has it.”

to read rest of article:

http://pit.247sports.com/Bolt/Steelers-linebacker-James-Harrison-wants-to-play-one-more-year--41851458
Back to top Go down
ImperialFan

ImperialFan

PostSubject: Re: James Harrison wants to play one more year   James Harrison wants to play one more year EmptyWed Dec 09, 2015 12:22 am

Sure why not? hes doing fine this season. He wants another ring! James Harrison wants to play one more year 469886443

IowaSteeler927

PostSubject: Re: James Harrison wants to play one more year   James Harrison wants to play one more year EmptyWed Dec 09, 2015 2:31 am

I'd keep him around for one more. He instills a nasty attitude in his fellow linebackers. He sets the tone, and he can still play.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyGLM8goxBzHK5YBJBS9uaQ
Wallace108

Wallace108

PostSubject: Re: James Harrison wants to play one more year   James Harrison wants to play one more year EmptyWed Dec 09, 2015 2:42 am

He's stunted Jarvis Jones' development for this long, so what's one more year? James Harrison wants to play one more year 2087824411 James Harrison wants to play one more year 1797695198

If you're going to be a smart ass, you'd better be smart. Otherwise, you're just an ass.
Back to top Go down
http://www.steelersxtreme.com/
pczach

pczach

PostSubject: Re: James Harrison wants to play one more year   James Harrison wants to play one more year EmptyWed Dec 09, 2015 6:48 am

He's still very good as a situational pass rusher and run stopper. He just can't be in coverage anymore.

Bring him back if he wants to play.

Stella Nation

PostSubject: Re: James Harrison wants to play one more year   James Harrison wants to play one more year EmptyWed Dec 09, 2015 9:21 am

James Harrison wants to play one more year 233788758 James Harrison wants to play one more year 1948569602
Back to top Go down
The_Joker

The_Joker

PostSubject: Re: James Harrison wants to play one more year   James Harrison wants to play one more year EmptyWed Dec 09, 2015 9:24 am

Isn't he on a contract for one more year anyways?

HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA!
Back to top Go down
Fire Arians

Fire Arians

PostSubject: Re: James Harrison wants to play one more year   James Harrison wants to play one more year EmptyWed Dec 09, 2015 3:29 pm

What deebo wants he gets
Back to top Go down
steelcityboyz

steelcityboyz

PostSubject: Re: James Harrison wants to play one more year   James Harrison wants to play one more year EmptyWed Dec 09, 2015 3:54 pm

At 37 yrs old he can still outplay JJ so why not bring him back.
Back to top Go down
KeepHarrisonTilHes92

KeepHarrisonTilHes92

PostSubject: Re: James Harrison wants to play one more year   James Harrison wants to play one more year EmptyWed Dec 09, 2015 4:20 pm

Not as long as I would like, but ok.
Back to top Go down
Buddha Bus

Buddha Bus

PostSubject: Re: James Harrison wants to play one more year   James Harrison wants to play one more year EmptyWed Dec 09, 2015 4:47 pm

I don't think it would be a good idea to try to take his final contract year from Deebo. Just ask Red how things worked out when he wanted his bike back.

Back to top Go down
Fire Arians

Fire Arians

PostSubject: Re: James Harrison wants to play one more year   James Harrison wants to play one more year EmptyWed Dec 09, 2015 5:14 pm

Buddha Bus wrote:
I don't think it would be a good idea to try to take his final contract year from Deebo. Just ask Red how things worked out when he wanted his bike back.  

What you got on James Harrison's 40 homie? James Harrison wants to play one more year 1797695198
Back to top Go down
LambertLunatic
Xtreme Newb

PostSubject: Re: James Harrison wants to play one more year   James Harrison wants to play one more year EmptyThu Dec 10, 2015 8:38 am

ImperialFan wrote:
Sure why not? hes doing fine this season. He wants another ring! James Harrison wants to play one more year 469886443

Don't you mean another two rings? James Harrison wants to play one more year 469886443
Back to top Go down
Buddha Bus

Buddha Bus

PostSubject: Re: James Harrison wants to play one more year   James Harrison wants to play one more year EmptyThu Dec 10, 2015 8:52 am

Fire Arians wrote:
Buddha Bus wrote:

What you got on James Harrison's 40 homie? James Harrison wants to play one more year 1797695198

This man gets it. James Harrison wants to play one more year 1797695198

Back to top Go down
HeinzMustard

PostSubject: Re: James Harrison wants to play one more year   James Harrison wants to play one more year EmptyThu Dec 10, 2015 11:05 am

Harrison has one good year left in him, IMO. If the Steelers keep rotating the OLBs like they have this season... he should do fine in '16. Let Jarvis Jones start and take most of the snaps and insert Harrison to spell Jones when he's gassed. Seems to be working well this year.
Back to top Go down
KeepHarrisonTilHes92

KeepHarrisonTilHes92

PostSubject: Re: James Harrison wants to play one more year   James Harrison wants to play one more year EmptyThu Dec 10, 2015 4:06 pm

LambertLunatic wrote:
ImperialFan wrote:

Don't you mean another two rings? James Harrison wants to play one more year 469886443

James Harrison wants to play one more year Flat,1000x1000,075,f.u3
Back to top Go down
SteelCity4Life

SteelCity4Life

PostSubject: Re: James Harrison wants to play one more year   James Harrison wants to play one more year EmptyThu Dec 10, 2015 10:22 pm

I can't believe that whole crazy thing where he was playing with the Bengals.

Gross!!! James Harrison wants to play one more year 2744185472

Stuck in a SE Ohio Tech. school with a bunch of high schoolers. James Harrison wants to play one more year 1505004552
Back to top Go down
Hawaii 5-0

Hawaii 5-0

PostSubject: Re: James Harrison wants to play one more year   James Harrison wants to play one more year EmptyTue Jan 19, 2016 1:13 am

Harrison uncertain on future despite one year left on deal

January 18, 2016
By Gerry Dulac / Pittsburgh Post-Gazette

DENVER — James Harrison sat at his locker, his eyes red, his voice choking and barely above his whisper.

He had just played one of his best games of the season, stuffing three run plays for a loss and registering the only sack on Broncos quarterback Peyton Manning.

But Harrison took deep breaths and fought back tears because he isn’t sure if the 23-16 defeat to the Broncos was the final game he will play with the Steelers.

“It’s a little tougher for me because I’m in a situation where I’m a little uncertain about what I’m going to do,” Harrison said. “I can’t say that [was my final game] right now, I wouldn’t be comfortable saying that.”

Harrison, who has another year left on his contract, said last week he would like to return for the 2016 season. But as he sat at his locker, he said, “Me wanting to come back and me coming back are two different things.”

Then he added, “I’m 37 years old, I’ll be 38 [in May]. It’s not as easy as I would hope.”

Harrison, the 2008 NFL defensive player of the year who was named to five consecutive Pro Bowls from 2007-11, will go down as one of the best big-play linebackers in franchise history. His 100-yard interception return for a touchdown in Super Bowl XLIII against the Arizona Cardinals ranks as one of the greatest individual plays in Super Bowl history.

Harrison was hoping he would get another chance at a Super Bowl, but the Broncos dashed that hope with a touchdown and field goal in the final three minutes.

“They played better than we did,” Harrison said. “They finished the game out, we didn’t. They played better than we did in the fourth quarter, all sides — offense, defense and special teams.”

http://www.post-gazette.com/sports/steelers/2016/01/18/Harrison-uncertain-on-future-despite-one-year-left-on-deal/stories/201601180124
Back to top Go down
The_Joker

The_Joker

PostSubject: Re: James Harrison wants to play one more year   James Harrison wants to play one more year EmptyTue Jan 19, 2016 12:27 pm

Absolutely no reason Silverback can't or shouldn't come back. Ray Lewis rode out on top with two rings. One-up that motherfucker and go out with three James!

HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA!
Back to top Go down
ImperialFan

ImperialFan

PostSubject: Re: James Harrison wants to play one more year   James Harrison wants to play one more year EmptyTue Jan 19, 2016 12:30 pm

He still makes great plays, hes still in shape. He really should come back.

El-Gonzo Jackson

PostSubject: Re: James Harrison wants to play one more year   James Harrison wants to play one more year EmptyTue Jan 19, 2016 6:12 pm

I'm sure an NFL season takes its toll on a 38 year old. He's not a QB or a WR or a safety hanging on. When he gets a snap, its a collision position and it takes longer to recover. He's got nothing to prove, he just might not come back next season.
Back to top Go down
Fire Arians

Fire Arians

PostSubject: Re: James Harrison wants to play one more year   James Harrison wants to play one more year EmptyTue Jan 19, 2016 6:46 pm

He's probably disappointed with how the season ended. Give him a few weeks and ask again, his answer may be different.
Back to top Go down
WVABE

PostSubject: Re: James Harrison wants to play one more year   James Harrison wants to play one more year EmptyTue Jan 19, 2016 7:21 pm

He'll be back for one more year, and he knows the only thing standing between him and another ring is a healthy offense.

James Harrison wants to play one more year 184121345
Back to top Go down
SteelCity4Life

SteelCity4Life

PostSubject: Re: James Harrison wants to play one more year   James Harrison wants to play one more year EmptyTue Jan 19, 2016 7:51 pm

Yeah this thread title is a farce if you've listened to what he's had to say. You can't blame him either. Even as a fan you sit back and kinda get back to what else is going on. We all wanted this to be the year, I know I sure as hell did. That hope died with a football popping out.

Can't help it. I know he's feeling it too. This team is so close.

I think he'll be back for one more, but we'll see.

Stuck in a SE Ohio Tech. school with a bunch of high schoolers. James Harrison wants to play one more year 1505004552
Back to top Go down
Fire Arians

Fire Arians

PostSubject: Re: James Harrison wants to play one more year   James Harrison wants to play one more year EmptyWed Jan 20, 2016 12:18 am

SteelCity4Life wrote:
Yeah this thread title is a farce if you've listened to what he's had to say. You can't blame him either. Even as a fan you sit back and kinda get back to what else is going on. We all wanted this to be the year, I know I sure as hell did. That hope died with a football popping out.

Can't help it. I know he's feeling it too. This team is so close.

I think he'll be back for one more, but we'll see.

Honestly if we can keep our key defensive players, next year is our year. We were close even with a banged up squad, but the maturity this team did over the course of the season was huge. I think next year we're taking the league by storm and getting the #1 or #2 seed.

All the players on offense are coming back. If Coates' performance wasn't a fluke (the kid looks almost as explosive as Bryant tbh).... How do you cover AB, Bryant, and Coates? Maybe add some Jesse James to the equation. And that Le'Veon Bell guy too James Harrison wants to play one more year 1797695198
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: James Harrison wants to play one more year   James Harrison wants to play one more year Empty

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next