Steelers Xtreme Forum

HomeUPDATE: Ryan Clark out vs. Broncos Home10RegisterLog inContact
Become a member of the Steelers Xtreme community to join in on the discussions and get access to members-only forums. Registering is free and easy.

UPDATE: Ryan Clark out vs. Broncos

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Buddha Bus

Buddha Bus

UPDATE: Ryan Clark out vs. Broncos Empty
PostSubject: UPDATE: Ryan Clark out vs. Broncos   UPDATE: Ryan Clark out vs. Broncos EmptyMon Jan 02, 2012 10:56 am

Steelers safety Clark's status in doubt for Broncos game
NFL.com
Published: Jan. 2, 2012 at 10:05 a.m.

Ryan Clark has been one of the most durable players in the Pittsburgh Steelers' secondary the past three years, but there's a decent chance he won't be allowed to suit up for Sunday's wild-card showdown against Tim Tebow and the Denver Broncos despite his clean bill of health.

Clark has sickle cell trait, and the high altitude at Sports Authority Field at Mile High is problematic for his condition. Clark played a game at Denver during the 2007 season and became violently ill after the high altitude caused his blood to sickle. The Pittsburgh Tribune-Review reported a deprivation of oxygen to Clark's major organs eventually cost him his spleen and gall bladder.

Steelers coach Mike Tomlin didn't let Clark play in a 2009 regular-season game at Denver nor in an exhibition game there last year, and Tomlin said Sunday the team plans to discuss Clark's situation with doctors this week before making a decision on his status.

"We're going to meet with the doctors at some point (today) or Tuesday," Tomlin said following the Steelers' 13-9 win over the Browns. "Last time we went (to Denver), we worked him out extensively to see how he responded, and they gathered the data in that regard. So we'll put some heads together, and when I'm talking about heads I'm talking about medical experts, not myself."

(Read More:) http://www.nfl.com/news/story/09000d5d825a4631/article/steelers-safety-clarks-status-in-doubt-for-broncos-game?module=HP11_headline_stack

Last edited by Buddha Bus on Tue Jan 03, 2012 5:34 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
hindes204

hindes204

PostSubject: Re: UPDATE: Ryan Clark out vs. Broncos   UPDATE: Ryan Clark out vs. Broncos EmptyMon Jan 02, 2012 11:57 am

No game is worth a persons health, sit him out. We can handle Tebow just fine without him
Back to top Go down
Wallace108

Wallace108

PostSubject: Re: UPDATE: Ryan Clark out vs. Broncos   UPDATE: Ryan Clark out vs. Broncos EmptyMon Jan 02, 2012 12:09 pm

hindes204 wrote:
No game is worth a persons health, sit him out. We can handle Tebow just fine without him
Yep, I agree. If we can't handle Denver's offense without Ryan Clark, then we don't deserve to go any farther anyway.

If you're going to be a smart ass, you'd better be smart. Otherwise, you're just an ass.
Back to top Go down
http://www.steelersxtreme.com/
solardave

solardave

PostSubject: Re: UPDATE: Ryan Clark out vs. Broncos   UPDATE: Ryan Clark out vs. Broncos EmptyMon Jan 02, 2012 12:25 pm

I agree. Ryan Mundy can handle it for one game. If we lose because of Clark not playing what are we even doing in the playoffs? All the injuries this year and we still went 12-4. I predicted 13-3 but I didn't expect Harrison to be suspended or Woodley to miss so many games,not to mention Pouncey being gimpy. all in all we held our own and I don't see next Sunday being any different.
Back to top Go down
Buddha Bus

Buddha Bus

PostSubject: Re: UPDATE: Ryan Clark out vs. Broncos   UPDATE: Ryan Clark out vs. Broncos EmptyTue Jan 03, 2012 5:35 pm

Tomlin: Clark out for Steelers on Sunday
Tuesday, January 03, 2012
By Ed Bouchette, Pittsburgh Post-Gazette

Safety Ryan Clark will not play in Denver because of the danger to his health, Steelers coach Mike Tomlin said today.

Clark has the sickle cell trait and lost his spleen and gall bladder from the stress of playing in the high altitude in Denver in 2007. When the Steelers played there in 2009, Tomlin would not let him play.

Tomlin said the fact he could have another reaction in the high altitude made his decision not to play him an easy one. Ryan Mundy will start for Clark at free safety.

Read more: http://www.post-gazette.com/pg/12003/1201024-100.stm?cmpid=steelers.xml#ixzz1iRAxEGgP

Back to top Go down
vasteeler

vasteeler

PostSubject: Re: UPDATE: Ryan Clark out vs. Broncos   UPDATE: Ryan Clark out vs. Broncos EmptyTue Jan 03, 2012 5:55 pm

i agree with you guys , we will be alright with out him for this game. mundy has been playing well

"Zed's dead, baby. Zed's dead." - Butch
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: UPDATE: Ryan Clark out vs. Broncos   UPDATE: Ryan Clark out vs. Broncos Empty

Back to top Go down

UPDATE: Ryan Clark out vs. Broncos
Page 1 of 1