Steelers Xtreme Forum

HomeTrade Ben? Home10RegisterLog inContact
Become a member of the Steelers Xtreme community to join in on the discussions and get access to members-only forums. Registering is free and easy.

Trade Ben?

Go down 
+6
stlrtruck
Bays
vasteeler
Mach1
fer69
Buddha Bus
10 posters

What would you do if Roethlisberger made a fuss over the possible forcing out of Bruce Arians as OC?
Hope he gets over it and it passes
Trade Ben? Vote_lcap64%Trade Ben? Vote_rcap
 64% [ 7 ]
Severely discipline him in some fashion and refuse to trade him
Trade Ben? Vote_lcap18%Trade Ben? Vote_rcap
 18% [ 2 ]
Trade him for no less than 2 first round draft choices
Trade Ben? Vote_lcap18%Trade Ben? Vote_rcap
 18% [ 2 ]
Total Votes : 11

AuthorMessage
Buddha Bus

Buddha Bus

Trade Ben? Empty
PostSubject: Trade Ben?   Trade Ben? EmptyThu Jan 19, 2012 5:12 pm

So I was thinking on my way into work this morning that, what would the Steelers do if it turns out that the front office was forcing Arians out and it didn't sit well with Ben? If Ben decided that he was going to go all prima donna over it and raise a stink and throw a tantrum, how would you handle it if your were the Rooneys? Would you hope he gets over it? Would you tell him to sit down and shut up? Or would you be open to a trade and what do you think we'd get for him in return?

I was thinking about a scenario where we could trade Ben away for a minimum of two first round picks, give a one-year tender to Wallace and possibly make an offer to somebody like Mike Flynn who will be a free agent this off-season. Does that sound even remotely inviting?

Think about what we could do if we traded Ben for those two first rounders, had a team take Wallace off our hands (which would give us 2 more first round picks if I'm not mistaken), and signed a possible up-and-comer to helm the QB position in Flynn. That'd be 4 first round picks in the near future minimum!

Couple that with a possible new OC learning the ropes and teaching these new top tier guys for a season and if Flynn pans out like the QB he looked like for one game this season, we could have solved a lot of headaches and secured our next possible dynasty.

I could be wrong about some of this, so correct me if I am. I also realize that a lot of "superstar backups" who get signed to huge contracts to be the "next great QB", end up falling flat on their faces or are mediocre at best (see Matt Cassel, Scott Mitchell, Frank Reich, etc.), but how would you handle it?

Personally, I'd consider trading Ben if he became a diva over this issue because he's been at least a small part of the greater offensive problems anyway and try Flynn out and use a first rounder on a new QB to groom for the future if Flynn doesn't work out. We need another backup anyway and we could always trade him if both turn out to be good/great QBs.

Keep in mind I had a long, mind-numbing ride to work and hadn't had coffee yet, so I may have been extremely delusional. I just thought it would be a fun topic to discuss. Trade Ben? 1797695198

Back to top Go down
fer69

fer69

Trade Ben? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Trade Ben?   Trade Ben? EmptyThu Jan 19, 2012 5:19 pm

i hope he'll anderstand that this is a business
and he gets over it fast(i think arians is gonna get a 20 year extention tho Trade Ben? 1664291743 )

F@(k Wallace.. Throw it to Miller
Back to top Go down
Buddha Bus

Buddha Bus

Trade Ben? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Trade Ben?   Trade Ben? EmptyThu Jan 19, 2012 5:23 pm

fer69 wrote:
i hope he'll anderstand that this is a business
and he gets over it fast(i think arians is gonna get a 20 year extention tho Trade Ben? 1664291743 )

Oh the ban-hammer is getting REALLY heavy right now. Trade Ben? 3798349058

Back to top Go down
Mach1
Quest For Seven
Mach1

Trade Ben? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Trade Ben?   Trade Ben? EmptyThu Jan 19, 2012 5:23 pm

I'd hope he'd grow up and get over it and tell him he can still send arians christmas cards.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
Back to top Go down
Buddha Bus

Buddha Bus

Trade Ben? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Trade Ben?   Trade Ben? EmptyThu Jan 19, 2012 5:25 pm

Mach1 wrote:
I'd hope he'd grow up and get over it and tell him he can still send arians christmas cards.

AND love letters. Trade Ben? 3562723908

Back to top Go down
vasteeler

vasteeler

Trade Ben? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Trade Ben?   Trade Ben? EmptyThu Jan 19, 2012 5:26 pm

im sure ben will be fine with what ever they do

"Zed's dead, baby. Zed's dead." - Butch
Back to top Go down
Bays

Bays

Trade Ben? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Trade Ben?   Trade Ben? EmptyThu Jan 19, 2012 5:28 pm

Ben's handled the front-office decisions well over the years, and he'll be ok now. If not, the Rooney's will kick his ass out, just like Santonio Holmes.

Buddha Bus

Trade Ben? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Trade Ben?   Trade Ben? EmptyThu Jan 19, 2012 5:30 pm

bayz101 wrote:
Ben's handled the front-office decisions well over the years, and he'll be ok now. If not, the Rooney's will kick his ass out, just like Santonio Holmes.

Santonio WHO? Trade Ben? 106674522

Back to top Go down
Bays

Bays

Trade Ben? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Trade Ben?   Trade Ben? EmptyThu Jan 19, 2012 5:36 pm

Buddha Bus wrote:
bayz101 wrote:

Smoketonio "Cloud 9" Holmes.

Buddha Bus

Trade Ben? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Trade Ben?   Trade Ben? EmptyThu Jan 19, 2012 5:39 pm

bayz101 wrote:
Buddha Bus wrote:
bayz101 wrote:

Smoketonio "Cloud 9" Holmes.

Yeah, the clouds aren't only around his head..... they're in his head. Trade Ben? 1797695198

Back to top Go down
stlrtruck

stlrtruck

Trade Ben? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Trade Ben?   Trade Ben? EmptyFri Jan 20, 2012 8:57 am

I understand Ben likes Bruce, but the team has to look forward to having a more productive and consistent offensive unit if they want to win more SBs.

1 NATION
STEELERS NATION Trade Ben? 3056903510

I am the MAN that created the MYTH that started the LEGEND

Don't choose good when greatness is available!
Back to top Go down
effyou515

effyou515

Trade Ben? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Trade Ben?   Trade Ben? EmptyFri Jan 20, 2012 10:05 am

bet Ben would be happier if the Steelers got him better o-line talent.

And once again the truth is found
Back to top Go down
La Flama Blanca
Xtreme Newb
La Flama Blanca

Trade Ben? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Trade Ben?   Trade Ben? EmptyFri Jan 20, 2012 12:33 pm

Buddha Bus wrote:
So I was thinking on my way into work this morning that, what would the Steelers do if it turns out that the front office was forcing Arians out and it didn't sit well with Ben? If Ben decided that he was going to go all prima donna over it and raise a stink and throw a tantrum, how would you handle it if your were the Rooneys? Would you hope he gets over it? Would you tell him to sit down and shut up? Or would you be open to a trade and what do you think we'd get for him in return?

I was thinking about a scenario where we could trade Ben away for a minimum of two first round picks, give a one-year tender to Wallace and possibly make an offer to somebody like Mike Flynn who will be a free agent this off-season. Does that sound even remotely inviting?

Think about what we could do if we traded Ben for those two first rounders, had a team take Wallace off our hands (which would give us 2 more first round picks if I'm not mistaken), and signed a possible up-and-comer to helm the QB position in Flynn. That'd be 4 first round picks in the near future minimum!

Couple that with a possible new OC learning the ropes and teaching these new top tier guys for a season and if Flynn pans out like the QB he looked like for one game this season, we could have solved a lot of headaches and secured our next possible dynasty.

I could be wrong about some of this, so correct me if I am. I also realize that a lot of "superstar backups" who get signed to huge contracts to be the "next great QB", end up falling flat on their faces or are mediocre at best (see Matt Cassel, Scott Mitchell, Frank Reich, etc.), but how would you handle it?

Personally, I'd consider trading Ben if he became a diva over this issue because he's been at least a small part of the greater offensive problems anyway and try Flynn out and use a first rounder on a new QB to groom for the future if Flynn doesn't work out. We need another backup anyway and we could always trade him if both turn out to be good/great QBs.

Keep in mind I had a long, mind-numbing ride to work and hadn't had coffee yet, so I may have been extremely delusional. I just thought it would be a fun topic to discuss. Trade Ben? 1797695198

trading Ben is a horrible idea... what QB have we had is the last 30 years is even comparable? I see the name Flynn? See Kevin Kolb

Xtreme Newb

Trade Ben? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Trade Ben?   Trade Ben? EmptyFri Jan 20, 2012 2:11 pm

Ben won't say a word besides the usual BS like I want to thank Bruce Arians, I enjoyed working with him, yadda, yadda, yadda.
Ben's happy with the $$$ he's making here, he has 2 SB rings and he can win a couple more with the Steelers, his wife is from Pittsburgh so life is good for the Roethlisbergers.
Back to top Go down
Buddha Bus

Buddha Bus

Trade Ben? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Trade Ben?   Trade Ben? EmptyFri Jan 20, 2012 4:55 pm

La Flama Blanca wrote:
Buddha Bus wrote:

trading Ben is a horrible idea... what QB have we had is the last 30 years is even comparable? I see the name Flynn? See Kevin Kolb

It's a "What if?" scenario. Would you be content with a disgruntled Ben causing problems in the locker room over this issue or does it seem smarter to get the first rounders and start fresh with a new OC and QB?

I'm not just saying "trade Ben for trading's sake". I am happy with Ben and his accomplishments with the team even though he can frustrate me at times. I want him to remain a Steeler too. I just wanted to see what everyone else's point of view was in this scenario.

Back to top Go down
solardave

solardave

Trade Ben? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Trade Ben?   Trade Ben? EmptyFri Jan 20, 2012 5:02 pm

Buddha Bus wrote:
bayz101 wrote:

You know!! Ole Smokie!! Trade Ben? 1797695198
Back to top Go down
solardave

solardave

Trade Ben? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Trade Ben?   Trade Ben? EmptyFri Jan 20, 2012 5:04 pm

He'll get over it, just like he got over losing Plaxico and it's not like the FO ran out and signed another 6'5" WR.

Hopefully they'll bring in someone to control Ben.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Trade Ben? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Trade Ben?   Trade Ben? Empty

Back to top Go down

Trade Ben?
Page 1 of 1