Steelers Xtreme Forum

HomeTrade TJ? Home10RegisterLog inContact
Become a member of the Steelers Xtreme community to join in on the discussions and get access to members-only forums. Registering is free and easy.

Trade TJ?

Go down 
+5
vasteeler
Steeldude
solardave
Shalieve5090
SteelerFreak58
9 posters
AuthorMessage
SteelerFreak58

SteelerFreak58

Trade TJ? Empty
PostSubject: Trade TJ?   Trade TJ? EmptySun Jan 21, 2024 6:39 pm

Would you trade TJ?

Why or why not?

What do you need bare minimum to trade the mega star?

I would trade him for two 1st and 2 2nd round picks in consecutive years.

TJ is going to be 30 he is a complete game wrecker on the field but he will start to slow and injuries are starting to mount. He goes 120% on the field and just like his brother it's hard for him to make it to the playoffs playing like that.

We have to get younger we have to make up for a lot of complete whiffs in the draft and we have to fill gaps on both sides of the ball. Trading TJ could be one of those Herschel Walker like trades that could set up the Steelers for the next 10 to 15 years. Trading TJ could create a Steelers dynasty moving forward.

We have Herbig in the wings. We go get another OLB stud with one of the picks for TJ...

There is ABSOLUTELY NO WAY the Steelers are gonna trade him. Just wondering what our fellow readers need out of that trade if they even think about doing it.
Back to top Go down
Shalieve5090

Shalieve5090

Trade TJ? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Trade TJ?   Trade TJ? EmptySun Jan 21, 2024 10:10 pm

Hell no
Back to top Go down
SteelerFreak58

SteelerFreak58

Trade TJ? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Trade TJ?   Trade TJ? EmptySun Jan 21, 2024 10:37 pm

Shalieve5090 wrote:
Hell no

So you think we are just a few missing pieces away from a SB run?
Back to top Go down
solardave

solardave

Trade TJ? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Trade TJ?   Trade TJ? EmptyMon Jan 22, 2024 3:36 am

I would rather trade Tomlin.

https://www.12up.com/posts/revisiting-raiders-bucs-jon-gruden-trade-01e581at6y07

The Raiders got 2 first,2 second and 8 mil.
The 8 mil could go to sign the extra picks.

This will never happen but it mirrors what you think we could get for TJ.
Back to top Go down
Steeldude
Xtreme Newb

Trade TJ? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Trade TJ?   Trade TJ? EmptyMon Jan 22, 2024 6:08 am

I don't think it would do any good because Tomlin would still be the HC.

Now if you are talking about trading Tomlin then let's go for it. There are dumb teams out there that would trade for him.
Back to top Go down
SteelerFreak58

SteelerFreak58

Trade TJ? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Trade TJ?   Trade TJ? EmptyMon Jan 22, 2024 9:47 am

solardave wrote:
I would rather trade Tomlin.

https://www.12up.com/posts/revisiting-raiders-bucs-jon-gruden-trade-01e581at6y07

The Raiders got 2 first,2 second and 8 mil.
The 8 mil could go to sign the extra picks.

This will never happen but it mirrors what you think we could get for TJ.

We are stuck with Mike T for a while, like it or not.

solardave likes this post

Back to top Go down
vasteeler

vasteeler

Trade TJ? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Trade TJ?   Trade TJ? EmptyMon Jan 22, 2024 7:36 pm

SteelerFreak58 wrote:
Shalieve5090 wrote:
Hell no

I actually don't think we are far away. The last few weeks of the season the offense looked more than competent. Put in a "quality" OC and decent QB play and I think we will be ok.  Injuries destroyed our defense this year. I expect them to bounce back next year. So, no I'd keep TJ... But what do I know Trade TJ? 1797695198

"Zed's dead, baby. Zed's dead." - Butch

solardave, Stella Nation and SteelerFreak58 like this post

Back to top Go down
Stella Nation

Stella Nation

Trade TJ? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Trade TJ?   Trade TJ? EmptyTue Jan 23, 2024 2:55 am

vasteeler wrote:
SteelerFreak58 wrote:
Shalieve5090 wrote:
Hell no

I actually don't think we are far away. The last few weeks of the season the offense looked more than competent. Put in a "quality" OC and decent QB play and I think we will be ok.  Injuries destroyed our defense this year. I expect them to bounce back next year. So, no I'd keep TJ... But what do I know Trade TJ? 1797695198

I agree with you. We're a QB away to be a contender. The problem is that I don't see us find that QB the next 2-3 years and then TJ is past his prime, Minkah maybe too.
But I wouldn't trade TJ neither right now, you never know a miracle happens and they get that QB.
Back to top Go down
solardave

solardave

Trade TJ? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Trade TJ?   Trade TJ? EmptyTue Jan 23, 2024 5:58 am

Stella Nation wrote:
vasteeler wrote:
SteelerFreak58 wrote:
Shalieve5090 wrote:
Hell no

I agree with you. We're a QB away to be a contender. The problem is that I don't see us find that QB the next 2-3 years and then TJ is past his prime, Minkah maybe too.
But I wouldn't trade TJ neither right now, you never know a miracle happens and they get that QB.

One rumor I saw was Kirk Cousins.
https://www.espn.com/nfl/player/_/id/14880/kirk-cousins

Let him,KP,MR and anyone not named Trubiski duke it out to be the starter. My money would be on Cousins or maybe not because he is coming off of an Achilles tear so there's that. What do you guys think?
Back to top Go down
Stella Nation

Stella Nation

Trade TJ? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Trade TJ?   Trade TJ? EmptyTue Jan 23, 2024 7:12 am

When healthy Cousins would be a massive upgrade over MR and KP. Then we could make some noise.

Back to top Go down
SteelerFreak58

SteelerFreak58

Trade TJ? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Trade TJ?   Trade TJ? EmptyTue Jan 23, 2024 8:52 am

solardave wrote:
Stella Nation wrote:
vasteeler wrote:
SteelerFreak58 wrote:
Shalieve5090 wrote:
Hell no

Let him,KP,MR and anyone not named Trubiski duke it out to be the starter. My money would be on Cousins or maybe not because he is coming off of an Achilles  tear so there's that. What do you guys think?

He is going to be 36 coming of a Achilles tear. He is going to want a lot of money and assurances he is the starter. Doubt he would come this way.

Back to top Go down
Master_Of_Puppets

Master_Of_Puppets

Trade TJ? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Trade TJ?   Trade TJ? EmptyTue Jan 23, 2024 4:23 pm

SteelerFreak58 wrote:
solardave wrote:
Stella Nation wrote:
vasteeler wrote:
SteelerFreak58 wrote:
Shalieve5090 wrote:
Hell no

Let him,KP,MR and anyone not named Trubiski duke it out to be the starter. My money would be on Cousins or maybe not because he is coming off of an Achilles  tear so there's that. What do you guys think?

He is going to be 36 coming of a Achilles tear. He is going to want a lot of money and assurances he is the starter. Doubt he would come this way.

Trade TJ? 1187288299

i would prefer they draft another QB for competition. they have 2 4th round picks this year. that might be a good spot if any are there worthy of the pick. the last thing they need right now is a 30-40 million QB contract.

solardave and SteelerFreak58 like this post

Back to top Go down
SteelerFreak58

SteelerFreak58

Trade TJ? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Trade TJ?   Trade TJ? EmptyTue Jan 23, 2024 7:30 pm

Master_Of_Puppets wrote:
SteelerFreak58 wrote:
solardave wrote:
Stella Nation wrote:
vasteeler wrote:
SteelerFreak58 wrote:
Shalieve5090 wrote:
Hell no

Trade TJ? 1187288299

i would prefer they draft another QB for competition. they have 2 4th round picks this year. that might be a good spot if any are there worthy of the pick. the last thing they need right now is a 30-40 million QB contract.

I could get on that train. Just don't spend a top 3 rounds pick this year we have other needs.
Back to top Go down
Master_Of_Puppets

Master_Of_Puppets

Trade TJ? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Trade TJ?   Trade TJ? EmptyWed Jan 24, 2024 3:43 am

SteelerFreak58 wrote:

I could get on that train. Just don't spend a top 3 rounds pick this year we have other needs.

well i guess that depends on who is there and how much you like him. i mean if McCarthy or penix is at 20 and you have a good vibe about him then take him. imagine if you pass them up and they become stars and Pickett continues to struggle. No
worst case scenero is you pick one and if pickett pans out you trade em. i've seen a bunch of articles suggesting the bears could still get a 1st out of a fields trade. Trade TJ? 2087824411
or you keep em for 2 years and if you feel they could be as good as pickett , you trade pickett and get 2 more years of rookie QB contract. Trade TJ? 2981382511
the chargers were offered 2 1st round picks for Drew Brees. of course being the chargers they fucked it up and turned it down only to have him walk a year later for a better deal with the saints.. Trade TJ? 1549491426

Back to top Go down
IowaSteeler927

IowaSteeler927

Trade TJ? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Trade TJ?   Trade TJ? EmptyThu Jan 25, 2024 4:49 am

They'd have to get a King's Ransom for me to be on board with trading off TJ. If he continues on his current trajectory he's going to talked about amongst the greatest to ever play the game. So in order for me to be on board with any trade we'd have to end up with some ridiculously high draft picks out of the deal. Honestly it'd have to be like the Herschel Walker trade for me to get on board with that. Guys like TJ are generational talents.

Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyGLM8goxBzHK5YBJBS9uaQ
Great Randino

Trade TJ? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Trade TJ?   Trade TJ? EmptyThu Jan 25, 2024 7:35 pm

IowaSteeler927 wrote:
They'd have to get a King's Ransom for me to be on board with trading off TJ. If he continues on his current trajectory he's going to talked about amongst the greatest to ever play the game. So in order for me to be on board with any trade we'd have to end up with some ridiculously high draft picks out of the deal. Honestly it'd have to be like the Herschel Walker trade for me to get on board with that. Guys like TJ are generational talents.
I just can't be on board. I love TJ, I think he's one of the greatest Steelers ever. He's the heart of the defense. I think, without him, our defense craters. I know the trade makes sense if we get a king's ransom - but I just can't get on board with it. I can't do it.

Now, Pick #20....

McCarthy could be available there. I'm still probably not going there, not in round one. I saw a mock draft that had us picking an OT in round one (in this mock, Cooper DeJean went right before we picked). Taliese Fuaga. Oregon. 3rd ranked tackle. I'd be okay with this - and then Center round 2.

I'm okay if they don't go QB this draft (at least early). I like the plan mentioned above to look for a QB late. I think, we build the line. Build a hog nasty kick ass line that will sustain us for the future. With that, and the two headed backfield of Najee (who has really emerged) and Jaylen, it makes things a lot easier on the QB. Stick with Kenny for one more "prove-it" year. Keep Rudolph if possible. He might get a deal somewhere though. After this year, if the QB position still sucks, we're likely to be in position to get one next year (although I don't know what next year's class looks like, this year's class is strong). I take that back, Tomlin always has us on the verge of playoffs if not in the playoffs, even when we suck. So, probably same position draft-wise. But, one can always move up. A lot of QB's mature late, though. Jordan Love is just now emerging (if you block out that horrible season-ending throw, he actually played well this year after looking like a bust up until this season).

Trade Diontae away for additional picks. Grab another WR, maybe round 2 (after the center of course) or round 3. It's a deep WR draft, good ones can be had late if you do your homework, and we've had success doing so.

Keep Pickens another year, see if he matures. He's a freaking beast of a WR but needs to mature.

Back to top Go down
solardave

solardave

Trade TJ? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Trade TJ?   Trade TJ? EmptySat Jan 27, 2024 6:18 am

T.J. = Rod Woodsen

Dan Rooney was quoted saying his biggest regret was letting Rod walk away. I know it's a different NFL.
I don't care if we got a king's ransom if we were asked as fans to vote on a trade I'd say no.

Great Randino likes this post

Back to top Go down
Great Randino

Trade TJ? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Trade TJ?   Trade TJ? EmptySat Jan 27, 2024 7:56 pm

solardave wrote:
T.J. = Rod Woodsen

Dan Rooney was quoted saying his biggest regret was letting Rod walk away. I know it's a different NFL.
I don't care if we got a king's ransom if we were asked as fans to vote on a trade I'd say no.
He's our heart. If you trade away your heart, what do you have?

solardave and IowaSteeler927 like this post

Back to top Go down
solardave

solardave

Trade TJ? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Trade TJ?   Trade TJ? EmptyMon Jan 29, 2024 7:47 am

Great Randino wrote:
solardave wrote:
T.J. = Rod Woodsen

He's our heart.  If you trade away your heart, what do you have?

I'll take Devin Bush for $100 Alex. Trade TJ? 1797695198

IowaSteeler927 and Great Randino like this post

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Trade TJ? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Trade TJ?   Trade TJ? Empty

Back to top Go down

Trade TJ?
Page 1 of 1