Steelers Xtreme Forum

Home*UPDATE* Keith Butler expected to become Colts defensive coordinator... or is he? Home10RegisterLog inContact
Become a member of the Steelers Xtreme community to join in on the discussions and get access to members-only forums. Registering is free and easy.

*UPDATE* Keith Butler expected to become Colts defensive coordinator... or is he?

Go down 
+3
Wallace108
supytalpeht
Buddha Bus
7 posters
AuthorMessage
Buddha Bus

Buddha Bus

*UPDATE* Keith Butler expected to become Colts defensive coordinator... or is he? Empty
PostSubject: *UPDATE* Keith Butler expected to become Colts defensive coordinator... or is he?   *UPDATE* Keith Butler expected to become Colts defensive coordinator... or is he? EmptySun Jan 29, 2012 11:41 am

Keith Butler expected to become Colts defensive coordinator
Posted by Gregg Rosenthal on January 29, 2012, 11:07 AM EST

New Colts coach Chuck Pagano is raiding his former AFC North rivals in order to build his new staff.

ESPN’s Adam Schefter reports that Steelers linebackers coach Keith Butler will become Pagano’s defensive coordinator in Indianapolis. Butler will fly to Indianapolis on Tuesday to review and sign the contract. The team is also expected to hire Bruce Arians as offensive coordinator after the Steelers made him “retire.”

The Steelers prevented Butler from taking a coordinator job with the Cardinals in the past, but his contract was up this year. They reportedly didn’t want to lose him, but he wanted to become a coordinator. Pagano, Arians, and Butler all worked under Butch Davis on Cleveland’s staff in 2001.

(Read More:) http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2012/01/29/keith-butler-expected-to-become-colts-defensive-coordinator/

___________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Well... this just pissed in my Cheerios. *UPDATE* Keith Butler expected to become Colts defensive coordinator... or is he? 294855916

This really sucks as I was hoping Butler was going to succeed LeBeau as DC here. I guess he got tired of waiting? *UPDATE* Keith Butler expected to become Colts defensive coordinator... or is he? 2087824411 *UPDATE* Keith Butler expected to become Colts defensive coordinator... or is he? 1505004552

Last edited by Buddha Bus on Sun Jan 29, 2012 5:28 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
supytalpeht

*UPDATE* Keith Butler expected to become Colts defensive coordinator... or is he? Empty
PostSubject: Re: *UPDATE* Keith Butler expected to become Colts defensive coordinator... or is he?   *UPDATE* Keith Butler expected to become Colts defensive coordinator... or is he? EmptySun Jan 29, 2012 1:01 pm

Tomlin is such dumb ass, he should of sent DL packing with Arians. Then they could hang out in hospice care with all the other Alzheimer patients.
Back to top Go down
Wallace108

Wallace108

PostSubject: Re: *UPDATE* Keith Butler expected to become Colts defensive coordinator... or is he?   *UPDATE* Keith Butler expected to become Colts defensive coordinator... or is he? EmptySun Jan 29, 2012 1:10 pm

Damn it!! *UPDATE* Keith Butler expected to become Colts defensive coordinator... or is he? 2913999526 Butler was the heir apparent. How much does anyone wanna bet that LeBeau retires next year and then we're left scrambling for a replacement?

If you're going to be a smart ass, you'd better be smart. Otherwise, you're just an ass.
Back to top Go down
http://www.steelersxtreme.com/
JonM229

JonM229

PostSubject: Re: *UPDATE* Keith Butler expected to become Colts defensive coordinator... or is he?   *UPDATE* Keith Butler expected to become Colts defensive coordinator... or is he? EmptySun Jan 29, 2012 1:34 pm

lolzerz

Wallace108: Jon, how the hell do you expect any of us to ever follow your posts? You always set the bar awfully high.  *UPDATE* Keith Butler expected to become Colts defensive coordinator... or is he? 1664291743

"Ray Rice is special.  He is a guy for all situations, as I have said before, even in an elevator." -Mike Tomlin
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/jonmilles
solardave

solardave

PostSubject: Re: *UPDATE* Keith Butler expected to become Colts defensive coordinator... or is he?   *UPDATE* Keith Butler expected to become Colts defensive coordinator... or is he? EmptySun Jan 29, 2012 2:25 pm

Wallace108 wrote:
Damn it!! *UPDATE* Keith Butler expected to become Colts defensive coordinator... or is he? 2913999526 Butler was the heir apparent. How much does anyone wanna bet that LeBeau retires next year and then we're left scrambling for a replacement?

We'll just have to keep him around for 5 more years.
Back to top Go down
supytalpeht

PostSubject: Re: *UPDATE* Keith Butler expected to become Colts defensive coordinator... or is he?   *UPDATE* Keith Butler expected to become Colts defensive coordinator... or is he? EmptySun Jan 29, 2012 3:36 pm

Perhaps this isn't a done deal as Woodley was asking on FB if it was true taht Butler was going to Indy.
Back to top Go down
Wallace108

Wallace108

PostSubject: Re: *UPDATE* Keith Butler expected to become Colts defensive coordinator... or is he?   *UPDATE* Keith Butler expected to become Colts defensive coordinator... or is he? EmptySun Jan 29, 2012 4:04 pm

supytalpeht wrote:
Perhaps this isn't a done deal as Woodley was asking on FB if it was true taht Butler was going to Indy.
I haven't been paying much attention today, so I haven't heard or read anything beyond this thread. I hope it's not a done deal. I wouldn't mind so much if LeBeau was going to be around for another 4 or 5 years. But that's not going to happen (at least I don't think so).

If you're going to be a smart ass, you'd better be smart. Otherwise, you're just an ass.
Back to top Go down
Buddha Bus

Buddha Bus

PostSubject: Re: *UPDATE* Keith Butler expected to become Colts defensive coordinator... or is he?   *UPDATE* Keith Butler expected to become Colts defensive coordinator... or is he? EmptySun Jan 29, 2012 5:18 pm

I read at SF that somebody is reporting it isn't a done deal and that Butler is meeting with Pagano on Tuesday. Keep your fingers crossed. *UPDATE* Keith Butler expected to become Colts defensive coordinator... or is he? 1414754481

Back to top Go down
Buddha Bus

Buddha Bus

PostSubject: Re: *UPDATE* Keith Butler expected to become Colts defensive coordinator... or is he?   *UPDATE* Keith Butler expected to become Colts defensive coordinator... or is he? EmptySun Jan 29, 2012 5:28 pm

Steelers could lose another coach to Colts
Sunday, January 29, 2012
By Ed Bouchette, Pittsburgh Post-Gazette

Steelers linebacker coach Keith Butler said today he will interview on Tuesday in Indianapolis to become the Colts' defensive coordinator.

Butler turned down an offer two years ago to be the Miami Dolphins' defensive coordinator to stay with the Steelers. However, his contract with them expires Feb. 15, and the Steelers gave the Colts permission to talk to him about joining new head coach Chuck Pagano.

Butler said today he will listen to what the Colts have to say, but that him leaving the Steelers "is not a done deal." If he does become the Colts' defensive coordinator, he would join former Steelers colleague Bruce Arians, who accepted the job to be the Indianapolis offensive coordinator over the weekend.

Read more: http://www.post-gazette.com/pg/12029/1206874-66.stm?cmpid=steelers.xml#ixzz1ktAhUgAJ

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

There's still some hope after all. *UPDATE* Keith Butler expected to become Colts defensive coordinator... or is he? 1426860608

Back to top Go down
JonM229

JonM229

PostSubject: Re: *UPDATE* Keith Butler expected to become Colts defensive coordinator... or is he?   *UPDATE* Keith Butler expected to become Colts defensive coordinator... or is he? EmptySun Jan 29, 2012 5:47 pm

YOU JOIN THE COLTS RIGHT NOW, KEITH BUTLER!!!

Wallace108: Jon, how the hell do you expect any of us to ever follow your posts? You always set the bar awfully high.  *UPDATE* Keith Butler expected to become Colts defensive coordinator... or is he? 1664291743

"Ray Rice is special.  He is a guy for all situations, as I have said before, even in an elevator." -Mike Tomlin
Back to top Go down
Buddha Bus

Buddha Bus

PostSubject: Re: *UPDATE* Keith Butler expected to become Colts defensive coordinator... or is he?   *UPDATE* Keith Butler expected to become Colts defensive coordinator... or is he? EmptySun Jan 29, 2012 6:02 pm

JonM229 wrote:
YOU JOIN THE COLTS RIGHT NOW, KEITH BUTLER!!!

Please keep pleading for that, Jon. You know that Jesus will never give Ratbird fans what they ultimately want. *UPDATE* Keith Butler expected to become Colts defensive coordinator... or is he? 3798349058 *UPDATE* Keith Butler expected to become Colts defensive coordinator... or is he? 4130395391

Back to top Go down
JonM229

JonM229

PostSubject: Re: *UPDATE* Keith Butler expected to become Colts defensive coordinator... or is he?   *UPDATE* Keith Butler expected to become Colts defensive coordinator... or is he? EmptySun Jan 29, 2012 7:25 pm

Buddha Bus wrote:
Please keep pleading for that, Jon. You know that Jesus will never give Ratbird fans what they ultimately want. *UPDATE* Keith Butler expected to become Colts defensive coordinator... or is he? 3798349058 *UPDATE* Keith Butler expected to become Colts defensive coordinator... or is he? 4130395391

You motherfucker

Back to top Go down
Buddha Bus

Buddha Bus

PostSubject: Re: *UPDATE* Keith Butler expected to become Colts defensive coordinator... or is he?   *UPDATE* Keith Butler expected to become Colts defensive coordinator... or is he? EmptySun Jan 29, 2012 8:55 pm

JonM229 wrote:
Buddha Bus wrote:

You motherfucker

*UPDATE* Keith Butler expected to become Colts defensive coordinator... or is he? 1378315869

Back to top Go down
effyou515

effyou515

PostSubject: Re: *UPDATE* Keith Butler expected to become Colts defensive coordinator... or is he?   *UPDATE* Keith Butler expected to become Colts defensive coordinator... or is he? EmptyMon Jan 30, 2012 7:27 am

Steelers going to a 4-3 defense.
Back to top Go down
kirklandrules

kirklandrules

PostSubject: Re: *UPDATE* Keith Butler expected to become Colts defensive coordinator... or is he?   *UPDATE* Keith Butler expected to become Colts defensive coordinator... or is he? EmptyMon Jan 30, 2012 2:12 pm

Hate the idea of Butler leaving. Wonder if Lebeau can pass his wisdom to Carnell Lake as the new heir apparent. Maybe the two former DBs can bring this defense to greater heights???
Back to top Go down
Wallace108

Wallace108

PostSubject: Re: *UPDATE* Keith Butler expected to become Colts defensive coordinator... or is he?   *UPDATE* Keith Butler expected to become Colts defensive coordinator... or is he? EmptyMon Jan 30, 2012 2:15 pm

kirklandrules wrote:
Hate the idea of Butler leaving. Wonder if Lebeau can pass his wisdom to Carnell Lake as the new heir apparent. Maybe the two former DBs can bring this defense to greater heights???
Oooh, that's something I never even considered. Lake did a great job with the secondary last year. I think that would require LeBeau to coach for a number of years longer though. Of course, he's been coaching on a year-to-year basis for about 20 years. *UPDATE* Keith Butler expected to become Colts defensive coordinator... or is he? 1797695198

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: *UPDATE* Keith Butler expected to become Colts defensive coordinator... or is he?   *UPDATE* Keith Butler expected to become Colts defensive coordinator... or is he? Empty

Back to top Go down

*UPDATE* Keith Butler expected to become Colts defensive coordinator... or is he?
Page 1 of 1