Steelers Xtreme Forum

Home Q&A: Keith Butler Home10RegisterLog inContact
Become a member of the Steelers Xtreme community to join in on the discussions and get access to members-only forums. Registering is free and easy.

Q&A: Keith Butler

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Buddha Bus

Buddha Bus

Q&A: Keith Butler Empty
PostSubject: Q&A: Keith Butler    Q&A: Keith Butler EmptySun Aug 12, 2012 9:29 am

Posted: Saturday, August 11, 2012 9:30 pm
By Mike Bires

Keith Butler’s 10th training camp with the Steelers has been like none of his previous nine as linebackers coach. James Farrior, one of his favorite players, retired. Perennial all-star James Harrison (knee) and reserve Jason Worilds (wrist) are on the physically unable to perform list and have yet to practice. Sean Spence and Adrian Robinson have flashed at times but they're rookies trying to learn. Brandon Johnson, a former Cincinnati Bengal, is vying for a roster spot. Times pro football reporter Mike Bires spoke to Butler about his linebacker corps before practice Saturday. Following are excerpts of the interview:

Q: What’s the overall state of affairs with your linebackers?

A: “There are several things going on right now. We got some young guys we need to find out about and we have to get some guys healthy. We need to get James Harrison back. We need to get Jason Worilds back. Thus far in camp, some of them have been good and some of them haven’t. But I will say this: We have some good young players, probably more so now than I’ve had in a long time.”

Q: For the first time since you were hired in 2002, you won’t have James Farrior at inside linebacker. What’s it like not having him around?

A: “In the 10 years he was here, he had always been kind of the face of the defense because of the way he played the game. He was a tough competitor. He loved to compete. His leadership is probably what's going to be missed more than anything. So yes, we will miss him. But we expect our guys to fill that void.”

(Read More:) http://www.timesonline.com/sports/steelers/q-a-keith-butler/article_2b17ace7-2256-56bd-a739-d30162b7f239.html

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 1