Steelers Xtreme Forum

HomeSteelers rookie mini-camp: DeCastro chooses Faneca's old number Home10RegisterLog inContact
Become a member of the Steelers Xtreme community to join in on the discussions and get access to members-only forums. Registering is free and easy.

Steelers rookie mini-camp: DeCastro chooses Faneca's old number

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Buddha Bus

Buddha Bus

Steelers rookie mini-camp: DeCastro chooses Faneca's old number Empty
PostSubject: Steelers rookie mini-camp: DeCastro chooses Faneca's old number   Steelers rookie mini-camp: DeCastro chooses Faneca's old number EmptyFri May 04, 2012 1:41 pm

Posted: Friday, May 4, 2012 2:28 pm | Updated: 2:54 pm, Fri May 4, 2012.
By Mike Bires

PITTSBURGH – Today when David DeCastro took part in his first rookie mini-camp practice, he wore the number of a Steelers legend – 66.

Shortly after he was taken in the first round of the draft, DeCastro was assigned No. 61. But then he decided to change. Now he'll don the same number worn by Alan Faneca when he played for the Steelers.

DeCastro, an All-American guard out of Stanford, is already being compared to Faneca, the greatest guard in Steelers’ history. A first-round pick in the 1998 draft, Faneca played in seven Pro Bowls during his 10-run run with the Steelers.

“He was always one of those guys I watched and looked up to when I was in high school and college,” DeCastro said of Faneca. "So yeah, I like the number (66).”

When asked he is feels extra pressure by wearing Faneca’s number, DeCastro said “No. I already have enough pressure on me.”

DeCastro was one of 40 rookies and first-year players at practice today for the start of a three-day rookie mini-camp.

All nine of the draft picks were on hand as well as a slew of unheralded first-year free agents signed during the off-season, 11 undrafted free agents signed last week and a few players who were on the Steelers’ practice squad last year.

(Read More:) http://www.timesonline.com/sports/steelers-rookie-mini-camp-decastro-chooses-faneca-s-old-number/article_14140a42-9617-11e1-9148-0019bb30f31a.html

Back to top Go down
solardave

solardave

PostSubject: Re: Steelers rookie mini-camp: DeCastro chooses Faneca's old number   Steelers rookie mini-camp: DeCastro chooses Faneca's old number EmptyFri May 04, 2012 1:48 pm

HERE WE GO STEELERS HERE WE GO!!! Steelers rookie mini-camp: DeCastro chooses Faneca's old number 1797695198
Back to top Go down
fer69

fer69

PostSubject: Re: Steelers rookie mini-camp: DeCastro chooses Faneca's old number   Steelers rookie mini-camp: DeCastro chooses Faneca's old number EmptyFri May 04, 2012 6:00 pm

I'm so ready for football that I think im gonna go slap my mama Steelers rookie mini-camp: DeCastro chooses Faneca's old number 1797695198

F@(k Wallace.. Throw it to Miller

Last edited by fer69 on Fri May 04, 2012 8:15 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
stlrtruck

stlrtruck

PostSubject: Re: Steelers rookie mini-camp: DeCastro chooses Faneca's old number   Steelers rookie mini-camp: DeCastro chooses Faneca's old number EmptyFri May 04, 2012 6:31 pm

Who is this Alan Faneca guy? Seriously, no disrespect to Faneca, but I hope DeCastro makes us forget how great Faneca was!

1 NATION
STEELERS NATION Steelers rookie mini-camp: DeCastro chooses Faneca's old number 3056903510

I am the MAN that created the MYTH that started the LEGEND

Don't choose good when greatness is available!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Steelers rookie mini-camp: DeCastro chooses Faneca's old number   Steelers rookie mini-camp: DeCastro chooses Faneca's old number Empty

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 1