Steelers Xtreme Forum

HomeGreatest Guitarist Of All-Time. Home10RegisterLog inContact
Become a member of the Steelers Xtreme community to join in on the discussions and get access to members-only forums. Registering is free and easy.

Greatest Guitarist Of All-Time.

Go down 
+13
IowaSteeler927
harrison'samonster
Steel Peon
Bays
solardave
BornaSteelersfan
effyou515
Farrior_roirraW
vasteeler
SteelersYak
JonM229
Wallace108
Buddha Bus
17 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Greatest Guitarist Ever.
Stevie Ray Vaughn
Greatest Guitarist Of All-Time. Vote_lcap10%Greatest Guitarist Of All-Time. Vote_rcap
 10% [ 5 ]
Jimi Hendrix
Greatest Guitarist Of All-Time. Vote_lcap24%Greatest Guitarist Of All-Time. Vote_rcap
 24% [ 12 ]
Eric Clapton
Greatest Guitarist Of All-Time. Vote_lcap6%Greatest Guitarist Of All-Time. Vote_rcap
 6% [ 3 ]
Steve Vai
Greatest Guitarist Of All-Time. Vote_lcap2%Greatest Guitarist Of All-Time. Vote_rcap
 2% [ 1 ]
Eddie Van Halen
Greatest Guitarist Of All-Time. Vote_lcap10%Greatest Guitarist Of All-Time. Vote_rcap
 10% [ 5 ]
Jimmy Page
Greatest Guitarist Of All-Time. Vote_lcap8%Greatest Guitarist Of All-Time. Vote_rcap
 8% [ 4 ]
Carlos Santana
Greatest Guitarist Of All-Time. Vote_lcap2%Greatest Guitarist Of All-Time. Vote_rcap
 2% [ 1 ]
Frank Zappa
Greatest Guitarist Of All-Time. Vote_lcap8%Greatest Guitarist Of All-Time. Vote_rcap
 8% [ 4 ]
Chuck Berry
Greatest Guitarist Of All-Time. Vote_lcap4%Greatest Guitarist Of All-Time. Vote_rcap
 4% [ 2 ]
Jeff Beck
Greatest Guitarist Of All-Time. Vote_lcap4%Greatest Guitarist Of All-Time. Vote_rcap
 4% [ 2 ]
B.B. King
 4% [ 2 ]
Joe Satriani
Greatest Guitarist Of All-Time. Vote_lcap0%Greatest Guitarist Of All-Time. Vote_rcap
 0% [ 0 ]
Keith Richards
Greatest Guitarist Of All-Time. Vote_lcap0%Greatest Guitarist Of All-Time. Vote_rcap
 0% [ 0 ]
Dimebag Darrell
 2% [ 1 ]
Angus Young
 2% [ 1 ]
Neil Young
 0% [ 0 ]
Tony Iommi
 2% [ 1 ]
Duane Allman
 2% [ 1 ]
Robert Johnson
 0% [ 0 ]
Ry Cooder
 0% [ 0 ]
Tom Morello
 2% [ 1 ]
Pete Townsend
 0% [ 0 ]
Jerry Garcia
 2% [ 1 ]
Randy Rhoads
 0% [ 0 ]
Les Paul
 4% [ 2 ]
Total Votes : 49

AuthorMessage
Buddha Bus

Buddha Bus

Greatest Guitarist Of All-Time. Empty
PostSubject: Greatest Guitarist Of All-Time.   Greatest Guitarist Of All-Time. EmptyFri May 13, 2011 9:23 am

Vote for your favorite guitarists of all-time.

You can vote for 3 guitarists.

This will be a floating poll, meaning that if an entrant does not receive any votes, they will be replaced and you can re-vote by clicking "cancel vote" at the bottom of the entry list at any time as often as you like.

This poll has no time limit.

Last edited by Buddha Bus on Wed Nov 23, 2011 5:13 pm; edited 7 times in total
Back to top Go down
Wallace108

Wallace108

PostSubject: Re: Greatest Guitarist Of All-Time.   Greatest Guitarist Of All-Time. EmptyWed May 18, 2011 1:33 am

I went with Van Halen, Hendrix, and Vai. Maybe not the three best on the list, but certainly my favorite. Steve Vai is phenomenal.

If you're going to be a smart ass, you'd better be smart. Otherwise, you're just an ass.
Back to top Go down
http://www.steelersxtreme.com/
JonM229

JonM229

PostSubject: Re: Greatest Guitarist Of All-Time.   Greatest Guitarist Of All-Time. EmptyWed May 18, 2011 10:35 am

No Zappa?

"Ray Rice is special.  He is a guy for all situations, as I have said before, even in an elevator." -Mike Tomlin
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/jonmilles
Buddha Bus

Buddha Bus

PostSubject: Re: Greatest Guitarist Of All-Time.   Greatest Guitarist Of All-Time. EmptyWed May 18, 2011 2:47 pm

JonM229 wrote:
No Zappa?

Once again, only room for 10. It's all subjective anyway.

Back to top Go down
JonM229

JonM229

PostSubject: Re: Greatest Guitarist Of All-Time.   Greatest Guitarist Of All-Time. EmptyWed May 18, 2011 7:51 pm

Objectively, it's Zappa

"Ray Rice is special.  He is a guy for all situations, as I have said before, even in an elevator." -Mike Tomlin
Back to top Go down
Buddha Bus

Buddha Bus

PostSubject: Re: Greatest Guitarist Of All-Time.   Greatest Guitarist Of All-Time. EmptyThu May 19, 2011 4:36 am

JonM229 wrote:
Objectively, it's Zappa

Greatest Guitarist Of All-Time. 1549491426 OK, Jon, here's your chance to re-vote.

Back to top Go down
JonM229

JonM229

PostSubject: Re: Greatest Guitarist Of All-Time.   Greatest Guitarist Of All-Time. EmptyThu May 19, 2011 2:30 pm

Its weird that Hendrix is leading the votes. I've been tempted to put him in the overrated thread.

Back to top Go down
SteelersYak

SteelersYak

PostSubject: Re: Greatest Guitarist Of All-Time.   Greatest Guitarist Of All-Time. EmptyThu May 19, 2011 2:37 pm

I love Santana's music. Plus he always seems to get the perfect artist to duet with on the track.

vasteeler

PostSubject: Re: Greatest Guitarist Of All-Time.   Greatest Guitarist Of All-Time. EmptyThu May 19, 2011 3:33 pm

wait , zappa is now an option?.......i have to go change my vote
Back to top Go down
Buddha Bus

Buddha Bus

PostSubject: Re: Greatest Guitarist Of All-Time.   Greatest Guitarist Of All-Time. EmptyMon May 23, 2011 5:08 pm

New entrant... Chuck Berry.

Back to top Go down
Buddha Bus

Buddha Bus

PostSubject: Re: Greatest Guitarist Of All-Time.   Greatest Guitarist Of All-Time. EmptyTue Aug 02, 2011 6:06 pm

List expanded! Greatest Guitarist Of All-Time. 184121345

Back to top Go down
Farrior_roirraW

Farrior_roirraW

PostSubject: Re: Greatest Guitarist Of All-Time.   Greatest Guitarist Of All-Time. EmptyTue Aug 02, 2011 7:33 pm

I voted for Berry, Clapton and Garcia.

"I am proud to be a Steeler, no doubt about it. I was born to be a Steeler." - Farrior
Back to top Go down
Buddha Bus

Buddha Bus

PostSubject: Re: Greatest Guitarist Of All-Time.   Greatest Guitarist Of All-Time. EmptyWed Nov 23, 2011 5:13 pm

List updated to include Pete Townsend and Neil Young.

Back to top Go down
effyou515

effyou515

PostSubject: Re: Greatest Guitarist Of All-Time.   Greatest Guitarist Of All-Time. EmptySat Dec 31, 2011 2:06 pm

this guy

Greatest Guitarist Of All-Time. 23127-favorite_redneck_yard

And once again the truth is found
Back to top Go down
Buddha Bus

Buddha Bus

PostSubject: Re: Greatest Guitarist Of All-Time.   Greatest Guitarist Of All-Time. EmptyMon Jan 02, 2012 10:27 am

effyou515 wrote:
this guy

Greatest Guitarist Of All-Time. 23127-favorite_redneck_yard

Greatest Guitarist Of All-Time. 1549491426

Although not truly a "guitarist", I'll keep him in mind for when I start the "Greatest Inbred Hillbilly Picker Of All Time" thread. Greatest Guitarist Of All-Time. 1797695198

This guy will be the second entrant in that one.

Back to top Go down
BornaSteelersfan
Xtreme Newb
BornaSteelersfan

PostSubject: Re: Greatest Guitarist Of All-Time.   Greatest Guitarist Of All-Time. EmptyFri Jan 13, 2012 3:36 am

I voted for Eddie VanHalen, Stevie Ray, and Jimi Hendrix.

I think 2 others should be on; Ritchie Blackmore and Johnny Ramone
Back to top Go down
solardave

solardave

PostSubject: Re: Greatest Guitarist Of All-Time.   Greatest Guitarist Of All-Time. EmptySat Jan 14, 2012 1:59 pm

How about some Alvin Lee?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LFpfureaCVs
Back to top Go down
solardave

solardave

PostSubject: Re: Greatest Guitarist Of All-Time.   Greatest Guitarist Of All-Time. EmptySat Jan 14, 2012 2:05 pm

I always liked these guys too.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SRkV7KcjiOo

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DiUCE7w0_d4
Back to top Go down
Bays

Bays

PostSubject: Re: Greatest Guitarist Of All-Time.   Greatest Guitarist Of All-Time. EmptySat Jan 14, 2012 2:17 pm

I voted Hendrix, SRV and Angus respectively. Each influenced their genre heavily, and in my opinion, it's not just skill, it's influence. If it was skill alone, i'd knock Hendrix and Angus off their. I play their songs like it's nothing Greatest Guitarist Of All-Time. 1797695198

Also, Jack White was voted pretty high up their in just about every "Greatest Guitarists" list.

Bays

PostSubject: Re: Greatest Guitarist Of All-Time.   Greatest Guitarist Of All-Time. EmptySat Jan 14, 2012 2:22 pm

A little more Jack White. I don't think his bands are the best, but he's a talent.

But then again, some of his vocal tricks he does really differs him. If it helps, he was in a documentary with The Edge and Jimmy Paige called "It Might Get Loud"

Steel Peon

PostSubject: Re: Greatest Guitarist Of All-Time.   Greatest Guitarist Of All-Time. EmptySat Jun 06, 2015 12:43 am

I think George Harrison may be a great addition to the list, along with John Petrucci from Dream Theater.

harrison'samonster

PostSubject: Re: Greatest Guitarist Of All-Time.   Greatest Guitarist Of All-Time. EmptyWed Feb 10, 2016 6:54 pm

Johnny Winter!

but voted for Hendrix, Tony Iommi, and Stevie Ray Vaughan (I think, can't remember)

Zappa would be another of the best imho

IowaSteeler927

PostSubject: Re: Greatest Guitarist Of All-Time.   Greatest Guitarist Of All-Time. EmptyThu Feb 11, 2016 8:04 am

I went with BB King, SRV, and EVH. I probably would've had Zakk Wylde right up there as well if he was an option.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyGLM8goxBzHK5YBJBS9uaQ
harrison'samonster

harrison'samonster

PostSubject: Re: Greatest Guitarist Of All-Time.   Greatest Guitarist Of All-Time. EmptyThu Feb 11, 2016 8:12 am

IowaSteeler927 wrote:
I went with BB King, SRV, and EVH. I probably would've had Zakk Wylde right up there as well if he was an option.

beyond just plain being good, king was so influential. wylde has always been a favorite

IowaSteeler927 likes this post

Back to top Go down
jak341

jak341

PostSubject: Re: Greatest Guitarist Of All-Time.   Greatest Guitarist Of All-Time. EmptyThu Feb 11, 2016 2:50 pm

Dangerous question. As dangerous as asking who is the greatest drummer of all time (reference the Rush and Neil Peart retirement thread).

I went with Hendrix, Zappa, and Les Paul. Realistically, the clear majority have a good argument at being "the best".

You could probably throw David Gilmour on that list as well.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Greatest Guitarist Of All-Time.   Greatest Guitarist Of All-Time. Empty

Back to top Go down

Greatest Guitarist Of All-Time.
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next