Steelers Xtreme Forum

HomeGreatest Rock Drummer Of All-Time. Home10RegisterLog inContact
Become a member of the Steelers Xtreme community to join in on the discussions and get access to members-only forums. Registering is free and easy.

Greatest Rock Drummer Of All-Time.

Go down 
+5
fer69
OC-Eviltwin
vasteeler
SteelCityMom
Buddha Bus
9 posters

The Best Rock Drummer Of All-Time.
Keith Moon (The Who)
Greatest Rock Drummer Of All-Time. Vote_lcap8%Greatest Rock Drummer Of All-Time. Vote_rcap
 8% [ 2 ]
John Bonham (Led Zeppelin)
Greatest Rock Drummer Of All-Time. Vote_lcap12%Greatest Rock Drummer Of All-Time. Vote_rcap
 12% [ 3 ]
Neil Peart (Rush)
Greatest Rock Drummer Of All-Time. Vote_lcap32%Greatest Rock Drummer Of All-Time. Vote_rcap
 32% [ 8 ]
Ginger Baker (Cream)
Greatest Rock Drummer Of All-Time. Vote_lcap8%Greatest Rock Drummer Of All-Time. Vote_rcap
 8% [ 2 ]
Dave Lombardo (Slayer)
 8% [ 2 ]
Stewart Copeland (The Police)
Greatest Rock Drummer Of All-Time. Vote_lcap4%Greatest Rock Drummer Of All-Time. Vote_rcap
 4% [ 1 ]
Dave Grohl (Nirvana)
Greatest Rock Drummer Of All-Time. Vote_lcap0%Greatest Rock Drummer Of All-Time. Vote_rcap
 0% [ 0 ]
Tommy Lee (Motley Crue)
Greatest Rock Drummer Of All-Time. Vote_lcap0%Greatest Rock Drummer Of All-Time. Vote_rcap
 0% [ 0 ]
Ian Paice (Deep Purple)
Greatest Rock Drummer Of All-Time. Vote_lcap4%Greatest Rock Drummer Of All-Time. Vote_rcap
 4% [ 1 ]
Carl Palmer (Emerson, Lake and Palmer)
 0% [ 0 ]
Jean-Paul Gaster (Clutch)
 8% [ 2 ]
Joey Jordison (Slipknot)
 0% [ 0 ]
Travis Barker (Blink-182/ The Transplants)
 0% [ 0 ]
Lars Ulrich (Metallica)
 0% [ 0 ]
Danny Carey (Tool)
 8% [ 2 ]
Mike "Puffy" Bordin (Faith No More)
 0% [ 0 ]
Chad Smith (Red Hot Chili Peppers)
 0% [ 0 ]
Phil Collins (Genesis)
 0% [ 0 ]
Alex Van Halen (Van Halen)
 4% [ 1 ]
Bill Ward (Black Sabbath)
 0% [ 0 ]
David Silveria (Korn)
 0% [ 0 ]
Matt Cameron (Soundgarden)
 0% [ 0 ]
Max Weinberg (The E Street Band)
 0% [ 0 ]
Terry Bozzio (Frank Zappa)
 4% [ 1 ]
Bill Bruford (Yes/King Crimson)
 0% [ 0 ]
Total Votes : 25

AuthorMessage
Buddha Bus

Buddha Bus

Greatest Rock Drummer Of All-Time. Empty
PostSubject: Greatest Rock Drummer Of All-Time.   Greatest Rock Drummer Of All-Time. EmptyMon May 23, 2011 5:33 pm

Vote here for your favorite rock drummer of all-time.

You can vote for 3 drummers.

This will be a floating poll, meaning that if an entrant does not receive any votes, they will be replaced and you can re-vote by clicking "cancel vote" at the bottom of the entry list at any time as often as you like.

This poll has no time limit.

Last edited by Buddha Bus on Wed Aug 03, 2011 4:50 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
SteelCityMom

SteelCityMom

PostSubject: Re: Greatest Rock Drummer Of All-Time.   Greatest Rock Drummer Of All-Time. EmptyMon May 23, 2011 6:20 pm

Moon, Peart and Copeland...Bonham with an honorable mention.

vasteeler

vasteeler

PostSubject: Re: Greatest Rock Drummer Of All-Time.   Greatest Rock Drummer Of All-Time. EmptyTue May 24, 2011 9:25 am

had to go with peart, moon and baker, but lombardo being on there made it difficult
Back to top Go down
Buddha Bus

Buddha Bus

PostSubject: Re: Greatest Rock Drummer Of All-Time.   Greatest Rock Drummer Of All-Time. EmptyWed Aug 03, 2011 4:51 pm

List expanded!

Back to top Go down
OC-Eviltwin
Xtreme Newb
OC-Eviltwin

PostSubject: Re: Greatest Rock Drummer Of All-Time.   Greatest Rock Drummer Of All-Time. EmptyWed Sep 14, 2011 5:45 pm

Went with Lombardo, Carey, and Gaster. A lot of great drummers on here though, it was difficult to pick only 3.
Back to top Go down
SteelCityMom

SteelCityMom

PostSubject: Re: Greatest Rock Drummer Of All-Time.   Greatest Rock Drummer Of All-Time. EmptyWed Sep 14, 2011 11:14 pm

OC-Eviltwin wrote:
Went with Lombardo, Carey, and Gaster. A lot of great drummers on here though, it was difficult to pick only 3.

Danny Carey was a really tough one for me to not pick...only because Peart, Copeland and Moon were on the list. I have trouble picking 3 of anything. Greatest Rock Drummer Of All-Time. 1797695198

Bozzio being added to the list only made it harder!

vasteeler

vasteeler

PostSubject: Re: Greatest Rock Drummer Of All-Time.   Greatest Rock Drummer Of All-Time. EmptyThu Sep 15, 2011 11:36 am

great list but i think this guy should be on there

Greatest Rock Drummer Of All-Time. VDA184

"Zed's dead, baby. Zed's dead." - Butch
Back to top Go down
vasteeler

vasteeler

PostSubject: Re: Greatest Rock Drummer Of All-Time.   Greatest Rock Drummer Of All-Time. EmptyThu Sep 15, 2011 11:40 am

what about this guy
Greatest Rock Drummer Of All-Time. 41JVtNHfBsL._SS135_SL160_

Greatest Rock Drummer Of All-Time. 1549491426 just kidding

"Zed's dead, baby. Zed's dead." - Butch
Back to top Go down
SteelCityMom

SteelCityMom

PostSubject: Re: Greatest Rock Drummer Of All-Time.   Greatest Rock Drummer Of All-Time. EmptyThu Sep 15, 2011 12:27 pm

Speaking of greatest drummers...just stumbled across these. Apparently Letterman had a drum solo week (or two), or something like that (don't watch the show, so I have no idea).

I hate the music the CBS band is playing during Sheila E.'s solo...but she still kicks ass, in a cocktail dress and high heels.

Other good ones...

4 others here...https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL33EC1D5B8A2BF9FC

fer69

fer69

PostSubject: Re: Greatest Rock Drummer Of All-Time.   Greatest Rock Drummer Of All-Time. EmptySat Sep 17, 2011 3:16 pm

i saw this band live and this guy kicks ass too

Back to top Go down
effyou515

effyou515

PostSubject: Re: Greatest Rock Drummer Of All-Time.   Greatest Rock Drummer Of All-Time. EmptySat Oct 22, 2011 1:31 am

looking at the polls your a bunch of young mother fuckers Greatest Rock Drummer Of All-Time. 1378315869

what about mitch mitchell? the drummer for henderix. and his bass player? noel redding

l don't fucking hate young mother fuckers, these young mother fuckers help keep me young. thats why l shy away from the best of, because before you young mother fuckers. it was the older mother fuckers that would talk shit to me about the best ever was.

in time you will see

!!!!!caution !!!!!

even religion evolves. effyou

damn shud of took english and typing, can't wait for talk and play internet 101. Greatest Rock Drummer Of All-Time. 1372836603

Back to top Go down
Buddha Bus

Buddha Bus

PostSubject: Re: Greatest Rock Drummer Of All-Time.   Greatest Rock Drummer Of All-Time. EmptySat Oct 22, 2011 1:45 pm

effyou515 wrote:
looking at the polls your a bunch of young mother fuckers Greatest Rock Drummer Of All-Time. 1378315869

what about mitch mitchell? the drummer for henderix. and his bass player? noel redding

l don't fucking hate young mother fuckers, these young mother fuckers help keep me young. thats why l shy away from the best of, because before you young mother fuckers. it was the older mother fuckers that would talk shit to me about the best ever was.

in time you will see

!!!!!caution !!!!!

even religion evolves. effyou

damn shud of took english and typing, can't wait for talk and play internet 101. Greatest Rock Drummer Of All-Time. 1372836603

Nope. I set the poll up and I'm going to be 40 soon. Hardly "young". These lists have changed a little bit. They are open for people to change their votes by canceling them and re-voting if they choose and I have the ability to change the choices in the poll. Every so often I'll remove a selection that doesn't get any votes and put a new one in. I'll post an alert in the poll thread if something changes so everyone can change their vote if they like. There's no time limit on the polls.

Stay alert. You may just find one of your suggestions has appeared one day! Greatest Rock Drummer Of All-Time. 2421758519

Back to top Go down
fer69

fer69

PostSubject: Re: Greatest Rock Drummer Of All-Time.   Greatest Rock Drummer Of All-Time. EmptyWed Oct 26, 2011 10:27 pm

i too hate young mother fuckers
Greatest Rock Drummer Of All-Time. Earlpalmer11
Back to top Go down
British Steel
Xtreme Newb
British Steel

PostSubject: Drummers   Greatest Rock Drummer Of All-Time. EmptyWed Jan 11, 2012 5:32 pm

Peart and two others - Ginger Baker and Ian Paice (Though nore for his Whitesnake stuff).

Shouldn't Clem Burke be in there?

CapLovesTroyP43

PostSubject: Re: Greatest Rock Drummer Of All-Time.   Greatest Rock Drummer Of All-Time. EmptyThu Jan 12, 2012 10:24 pm

Bonham and Van Halen and the drummer for Def Leppard. Shouldn't he be included? For having only one arm, I'd say he does an amazing job!

"WE WILL NOT GO GENTLY. WE WILL UNLEASH HELL" MIKE TOMLIN

Greatest Rock Drummer Of All-Time. 2480670802 Greatest Rock Drummer Of All-Time. 2287965686 Greatest Rock Drummer Of All-Time. 1948569602

FREEDOM...NOT COMMUNISM!!!! :old glory: :old glory: :old glory:

"AND OUR QB WEARS THE NUMBER SEVEN" RICH BANKS

CAP'S FAVORITE ICON... Greatest Rock Drummer Of All-Time. 1645253483 Greatest Rock Drummer Of All-Time. 1645253483 Greatest Rock Drummer Of All-Time. 1645253483
Back to top Go down
BornaSteelersfan
Xtreme Newb
BornaSteelersfan

PostSubject: Re: Greatest Rock Drummer Of All-Time.   Greatest Rock Drummer Of All-Time. EmptyFri Jan 13, 2012 3:13 am

Peart and Bonham for sure. When I saw Danny Carey's name on there, I had to pick him as third. I didn't realize how good he was until I played drums on my friends PS3 game of Guitar Hero World Tour. I never realized how good he was until then. By the way, I am 43 and not exactly young, but I feel young.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Greatest Rock Drummer Of All-Time.   Greatest Rock Drummer Of All-Time. Empty

Back to top Go down

Greatest Rock Drummer Of All-Time.
Page 1 of 1