Steelers Xtreme Forum

HomeGreatest Bass Player Of All-Time Home10RegisterLog inContact
Become a member of the Steelers Xtreme community to join in on the discussions and get access to members-only forums. Registering is free and easy.

Greatest Bass Player Of All-Time

Go down 
+5
Steel Peon
JonM229
Wallace108
supytalpeht
Buddha Bus
9 posters

Greatest Bassist Of All-Time
Les Claypool (Primus)
Greatest Bass Player Of All-Time Vote_lcap20%Greatest Bass Player Of All-Time Vote_rcap
 20% [ 4 ]
Flea (Red Hot Chili Peppers)
Greatest Bass Player Of All-Time Vote_lcap0%Greatest Bass Player Of All-Time Vote_rcap
 0% [ 0 ]
Cliff Burton (Metallica)
Greatest Bass Player Of All-Time Vote_lcap10%Greatest Bass Player Of All-Time Vote_rcap
 10% [ 2 ]
Bootsy Collins (Funkadelic)
Greatest Bass Player Of All-Time Vote_lcap5%Greatest Bass Player Of All-Time Vote_rcap
 5% [ 1 ]
Steve Harris (Iron Maiden)
Greatest Bass Player Of All-Time Vote_lcap10%Greatest Bass Player Of All-Time Vote_rcap
 10% [ 2 ]
John Entwhistle (The Who)
Greatest Bass Player Of All-Time Vote_lcap15%Greatest Bass Player Of All-Time Vote_rcap
 15% [ 3 ]
Larry Graham (Sly and the Family Stone)
Greatest Bass Player Of All-Time Vote_lcap0%Greatest Bass Player Of All-Time Vote_rcap
 0% [ 0 ]
Geddy Lee (Rush)
Greatest Bass Player Of All-Time Vote_lcap15%Greatest Bass Player Of All-Time Vote_rcap
 15% [ 3 ]
Paul McCartney (Beatles)
 0% [ 0 ]
Billy Sheehan (Mr. Big)
Greatest Bass Player Of All-Time Vote_lcap5%Greatest Bass Player Of All-Time Vote_rcap
 5% [ 1 ]
Geezer Butler (Black Sabbath)
 0% [ 0 ]
John Paul Jones (Led Zeppelin)
 0% [ 0 ]
Robert Trujillo (Suicidal Tendencies/Metallica)
 0% [ 0 ]
James Jamerson (Funk Brothers)
 0% [ 0 ]
Chris Squire (Yes)
 5% [ 1 ]
Jack Bruce (Cream)
 5% [ 1 ]
Tony Levin (King Crimson)
 0% [ 0 ]
Mike Watt (The Minutemen)
 0% [ 0 ]
Donald "Duck" Dunn (The MGs)
 0% [ 0 ]
Phil Lesh (The Grateful Dead)
 5% [ 1 ]
Phil Lynott (Thin Lizzy)
 0% [ 0 ]
Victor Wooten (Bela Fleck and the Flecktones/SMV)
 0% [ 0 ]
Nick Oliveri (Kyuss/Queens of the Stone Age)
 5% [ 1 ]
Dave Ellefson (Megadeth)
 0% [ 0 ]
Tal Wilkenfeld (Jeff Beck)
 0% [ 0 ]
Total Votes : 20

AuthorMessage
Buddha Bus

Buddha Bus

Greatest Bass Player Of All-Time Empty
PostSubject: Greatest Bass Player Of All-Time   Greatest Bass Player Of All-Time EmptyWed Aug 03, 2011 4:22 pm

Vote for your favorite bassists of all-time.

You can vote for 3 bassists.

This will be a floating poll, meaning that if an entrant does not receive any votes, they will be replaced and you can re-vote by clicking "cancel vote" at the bottom of the entry list at any time as often as you like.

This poll has no time limit.

Last edited by Buddha Bus on Thu Aug 25, 2011 4:04 pm; edited 5 times in total
Back to top Go down
supytalpeht

PostSubject: Re: Greatest Bass Player Of All-Time   Greatest Bass Player Of All-Time EmptyWed Aug 24, 2011 9:14 pm

You can't have a discussion about the greatest bass player without at least mentioning Mike Watt.

crap I missed Mike the first time

What about Tal Wilkenfeld, that chick rips.

Back to top Go down
Buddha Bus

Buddha Bus

PostSubject: Re: Greatest Bass Player Of All-Time   Greatest Bass Player Of All-Time EmptyWed Aug 24, 2011 10:19 pm

supytalpeht wrote:
You can't have a discussion about the greatest bass player without at least mentioning Mike Watt.

No idea who she is. Please explain.

Back to top Go down
supytalpeht

PostSubject: Re: Greatest Bass Player Of All-Time   Greatest Bass Player Of All-Time EmptyWed Aug 24, 2011 11:25 pm

Buddha Bus wrote:
supytalpeht wrote:

No idea who she is. Please explain.

She plays with Jeff Beck, 20 something prodigy. I can't post links Greatest Bass Player Of All-Time 4031127960
Back to top Go down
Wallace108

Wallace108

PostSubject: Re: Greatest Bass Player Of All-Time   Greatest Bass Player Of All-Time EmptyThu Aug 25, 2011 12:56 am

supytalpeht wrote:
I can't post links Greatest Bass Player Of All-Time 4031127960
That's known as the "supy" rule. It keeps troublemakers at bay. Greatest Bass Player Of All-Time 1797695198

You should be able to post links now. Greatest Bass Player Of All-Time 230572241

If you're going to be a smart ass, you'd better be smart. Otherwise, you're just an ass.
Back to top Go down
http://www.steelersxtreme.com/
supytalpeht

PostSubject: Re: Greatest Bass Player Of All-Time   Greatest Bass Player Of All-Time EmptyThu Aug 25, 2011 7:40 am

Back to top Go down
JonM229

JonM229

PostSubject: Re: Greatest Bass Player Of All-Time   Greatest Bass Player Of All-Time EmptyThu Aug 25, 2011 10:43 am

I voted Claypool because he's ridiculous and Entwhistle because he was a game-changer.

No Victor Wooten?

"Ray Rice is special.  He is a guy for all situations, as I have said before, even in an elevator." -Mike Tomlin
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/jonmilles
Buddha Bus

Buddha Bus

PostSubject: Re: Greatest Bass Player Of All-Time   Greatest Bass Player Of All-Time EmptyThu Aug 25, 2011 4:04 pm

supytalpeht wrote:

JonM229 wrote:
I voted Claypool because he's ridiculous and Entwhistle because he was a game-changer.

No Victor Wooten?

OK, you guys convinced me. They're in! Greatest Bass Player Of All-Time 184121345

Back to top Go down
Steel Peon

Steel Peon

PostSubject: Re: Greatest Bass Player Of All-Time   Greatest Bass Player Of All-Time EmptySat Jun 06, 2015 12:57 am

I'd also like to see Doug Pinnick from King's X, and Mike Porcaro from Toto on this list.

PostSubject: Re: Greatest Bass Player Of All-Time   Greatest Bass Player Of All-Time EmptyMon Aug 17, 2015 9:25 am

No Jean Jacques Burnel, Mick Karn or Peter Hook ?
Back to top Go down
Vis

Vis

PostSubject: Re: Greatest Bass Player Of All-Time   Greatest Bass Player Of All-Time EmptyMon Aug 17, 2015 9:34 am

No Freddie "Boom Boom" Washington?

FanSince72

PostSubject: Re: Greatest Bass Player Of All-Time   Greatest Bass Player Of All-Time EmptySun Oct 11, 2015 9:58 am

What kind of "Greatest Bassist of All Time" list doesn't include Jaco Pastorius or Stanley Clarke?

KeepHarrisonTilHes92

PostSubject: Re: Greatest Bass Player Of All-Time   Greatest Bass Player Of All-Time EmptySun Oct 11, 2015 5:09 pm

Should add Stuart Hamm. Joe Satriani's bassist.

(Love this song so peppered this in too)
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Greatest Bass Player Of All-Time   Greatest Bass Player Of All-Time Empty

Back to top Go down

Greatest Bass Player Of All-Time
Page 1 of 1