Steelers Xtreme Forum

HomeJoey Porter, Aaron Smith, Marvel Smith, Willie Parker To Retire At Steelers Training Camp Home10RegisterLog inContact
Become a member of the Steelers Xtreme community to join in on the discussions and get access to members-only forums. Registering is free and easy.

Joey Porter, Aaron Smith, Marvel Smith, Willie Parker To Retire At Steelers Training Camp

Go down 
+2
Buddha Bus
Bays
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Bays

Bays

Joey Porter, Aaron Smith, Marvel Smith, Willie Parker To Retire At Steelers Training Camp Empty
PostSubject: Joey Porter, Aaron Smith, Marvel Smith, Willie Parker To Retire At Steelers Training Camp   Joey Porter, Aaron Smith, Marvel Smith, Willie Parker To Retire At Steelers Training Camp EmptyFri Aug 03, 2012 2:56 pm

by Charlie Wilmoth • Aug 3, 2012 12:20 PM EDT

Bob Labriola reports that former Steelers Joey Porter , Aaron Smith , Marvel Smith and Willie Parker will retire with their old team Friday night at Steelers training camp.

Aaron Smith is the Steelers player of most recent vintage -- the former standout defensive end last played for the Steelers in 2011, but the last several years of his career were cut short due to injuries. He played his entire 13-year career with the Steelers and finishes with 44 sacks.

Porter's own 13-year career featured two seasons with the Cardinals and three with the Dolphins , but his first eight seasons were with the Steelers. He was a four-time Pro-Bowler and had 98 career sacks, including 17.5 with Miami in 2008.

Marvel Smith played on the Steelers' offensive line from 2000 to 2008.

Parker had a six-year career with the Steelers from 2004-2009, rushing for over 1,000 yards in 2005 through 2007 as he took over for Jerome Bettis as the Steelers' starting halfback. Parker made the Pro Bowl in 2006 and 2007. He recently took an assistant coaching job at West Virginia Wesleyan.

http://pittsburgh.sbnation.com/pittsburgh-steelers/2012/8/3/3217751/joey-porter-aaron-smith-marvel-smith-willie-parker-retire-steelers-training-camp

Buddha Bus

Joey Porter, Aaron Smith, Marvel Smith, Willie Parker To Retire At Steelers Training Camp Empty
PostSubject: Re: Joey Porter, Aaron Smith, Marvel Smith, Willie Parker To Retire At Steelers Training Camp   Joey Porter, Aaron Smith, Marvel Smith, Willie Parker To Retire At Steelers Training Camp EmptyFri Aug 03, 2012 2:59 pm

Thanks to all of them for their service to the best football team in the NFL.... the Pittsburgh Steelers! Joey Porter, Aaron Smith, Marvel Smith, Willie Parker To Retire At Steelers Training Camp 792589548

I'm glad they've all returned home to retire in the Black and Gold.

Back to top Go down
fer69

fer69

PostSubject: Re: Joey Porter, Aaron Smith, Marvel Smith, Willie Parker To Retire At Steelers Training Camp   Joey Porter, Aaron Smith, Marvel Smith, Willie Parker To Retire At Steelers Training Camp EmptyFri Aug 03, 2012 3:28 pm

Wow!!! I wonder what farrior is thinking?

F@(k Wallace.. Throw it to Miller
Back to top Go down
SteelersYak

SteelersYak

PostSubject: Re: Joey Porter, Aaron Smith, Marvel Smith, Willie Parker To Retire At Steelers Training Camp   Joey Porter, Aaron Smith, Marvel Smith, Willie Parker To Retire At Steelers Training Camp EmptyFri Aug 03, 2012 8:14 pm

I would have loved to have been there.

solardave

PostSubject: Re: Joey Porter, Aaron Smith, Marvel Smith, Willie Parker To Retire At Steelers Training Camp   Joey Porter, Aaron Smith, Marvel Smith, Willie Parker To Retire At Steelers Training Camp EmptySat Aug 04, 2012 6:52 am

That's cool. I wish I could have been there to see it.
Back to top Go down
Gingerchip

Gingerchip

PostSubject: Re: Joey Porter, Aaron Smith, Marvel Smith, Willie Parker To Retire At Steelers Training Camp   Joey Porter, Aaron Smith, Marvel Smith, Willie Parker To Retire At Steelers Training Camp EmptySat Aug 04, 2012 3:46 pm

Quote :
That's cool. I wish I could have been there to see it.

Go to Steelers.com and watch the "Friday Night Lights" video.

It highlights the retirement annoucements.

Joey Porter, Aaron Smith, Marvel Smith, Willie Parker To Retire At Steelers Training Camp We_bel10
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Joey Porter, Aaron Smith, Marvel Smith, Willie Parker To Retire At Steelers Training Camp   Joey Porter, Aaron Smith, Marvel Smith, Willie Parker To Retire At Steelers Training Camp Empty

Back to top Go down

Joey Porter, Aaron Smith, Marvel Smith, Willie Parker To Retire At Steelers Training Camp
Page 1 of 1