Steelers Xtreme Forum

HomeWould YOU like to see Burress back in Pitt? - Page 2 Home10RegisterLog inContact
Become a member of the Steelers Xtreme community to join in on the discussions and get access to members-only forums. Registering is free and easy.

Would YOU like to see Burress back in Pitt?

Go down 
+5
fer69
vasteeler
stlrtruck
Wallace108
Bays
9 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Buddha Bus

Buddha Bus

Would YOU like to see Burress back in Pitt? - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Would YOU like to see Burress back in Pitt?   Would YOU like to see Burress back in Pitt? - Page 2 EmptyWed Aug 08, 2012 10:47 pm

No.

Back to top Go down
Wallace108

Wallace108

PostSubject: Re: Would YOU like to see Burress back in Pitt?   Would YOU like to see Burress back in Pitt? - Page 2 EmptyWed Aug 08, 2012 10:53 pm

Buddha Bus wrote:
No.
I'd like to call everyone's attention to this most glorious day in the young history of Steelers Xtreme. This is the first (and probably last) post Buddha has ever made without using an emoticon. Would YOU like to see Burress back in Pitt? - Page 2 1664291743

If you're going to be a smart ass, you'd better be smart. Otherwise, you're just an ass.
Back to top Go down
http://www.steelersxtreme.com/
Bays

Bays

PostSubject: Re: Would YOU like to see Burress back in Pitt?   Would YOU like to see Burress back in Pitt? - Page 2 EmptyWed Aug 08, 2012 10:55 pm

Wallace108 wrote:
Buddha Bus wrote:
No.
I'd like to call everyone's attention to this most glorious day in the young history of Steelers Xtreme. This is the first (and probably last) post Buddha has ever made without using an emoticon. Would YOU like to see Burress back in Pitt? - Page 2 1664291743

ERMAHGERD.

PostSubject: Re: Would YOU like to see Burress back in Pitt?   Would YOU like to see Burress back in Pitt? - Page 2 EmptyThu Aug 09, 2012 3:49 pm

Ed Bouchette says Plaxico Burress is only seeking veteran minimum.
Back to top Go down
Bays

Bays

PostSubject: Re: Would YOU like to see Burress back in Pitt?   Would YOU like to see Burress back in Pitt? - Page 2 EmptyThu Aug 09, 2012 3:51 pm

Dodens Grav wrote:
Ed Bouchette says Plaxico Burress is only seeking veteran minimum.

It was reported by someone that he was asking "too much money".

PostSubject: Re: Would YOU like to see Burress back in Pitt?   Would YOU like to see Burress back in Pitt? - Page 2 EmptyThu Aug 09, 2012 3:58 pm

Quote :
Turns out Plaxico Burress does not “want too much money,’’ as one person on the Steelers told me last week, but merely the veteran minimum – which includes a possible salary cap benefit to the Steelers with it. The Steelers could sign Burress to a one-year, $925,000 contract, the minimum for a veteran of his stature, and include him under the “minimum veteran benefit” exclusion where he would count only $540,000 under their cap. If they tossed in, say, a $65,000 bonus, he would then earn $990,000 but count $605,000.
Back to top Go down
Buddha Bus

Buddha Bus

PostSubject: Re: Would YOU like to see Burress back in Pitt?   Would YOU like to see Burress back in Pitt? - Page 2 EmptyThu Aug 09, 2012 4:00 pm

Still "no".

Back to top Go down
Bays

Bays

PostSubject: Re: Would YOU like to see Burress back in Pitt?   Would YOU like to see Burress back in Pitt? - Page 2 EmptyThu Aug 09, 2012 4:01 pm

If Wallace will be back for the regular season, there'd be no reason in grabbing him. I'd hate for him to take playing time away from Sanders or Cotchery.

Gingerchip

PostSubject: Re: Would YOU like to see Burress back in Pitt?   Would YOU like to see Burress back in Pitt? - Page 2 EmptyThu Aug 09, 2012 4:03 pm

Still No! and Still.... BRING BACK WARD!!! :t-rex:

Would YOU like to see Burress back in Pitt? - Page 2 We_bel10
Back to top Go down
steelersfan87

PostSubject: Re: Would YOU like to see Burress back in Pitt?   Would YOU like to see Burress back in Pitt? - Page 2 EmptyThu Aug 09, 2012 4:17 pm

The whole Plaxico talk is hypothetical and wouldn't even be a speculation if Wallace wasn't holding out, but it could be an option if he doesn't show up or somebody gets injured, or both. Taking veteran minimum makes it more palatable certainly. He played pretty damn well for having a crappy quarterback throwing to him last year.
Back to top Go down
Buddha Bus

Buddha Bus

PostSubject: Re: Would YOU like to see Burress back in Pitt?   Would YOU like to see Burress back in Pitt? - Page 2 EmptyThu Aug 09, 2012 4:30 pm

Dodens Grav wrote:
The whole Plaxico talk is hypothetical and wouldn't even be a speculation if Wallace wasn't holding out, but it could be an option if he doesn't show up or somebody gets injured, or both. Taking veteran minimum makes it more palatable certainly. He played pretty damn well for having a crappy quarterback throwing to him last year.

You, sir, have just offended crappy quarterbacks everywhere. Would YOU like to see Burress back in Pitt? - Page 2 3798349058

Back to top Go down
steelersfan87

PostSubject: Re: Would YOU like to see Burress back in Pitt?   Would YOU like to see Burress back in Pitt? - Page 2 EmptyThu Aug 09, 2012 4:39 pm

And I live in NJ, with a lot of family as Jets fans. Would YOU like to see Burress back in Pitt? - Page 2 1378315869 I even wrote an article about how Tebow isn't much worse than Sanchez as a pure passer.
Back to top Go down
Buddha Bus

Buddha Bus

PostSubject: Re: Would YOU like to see Burress back in Pitt?   Would YOU like to see Burress back in Pitt? - Page 2 EmptyThu Aug 09, 2012 4:41 pm

Dodens Grav wrote:
And I live in NJ, with a lot of family as Jets fans. Would YOU like to see Burress back in Pitt? - Page 2 1378315869 I even wrote an article about how Tebow isn't much worse than Sanchez as a pure passer.

Tell that to our secondary. Would YOU like to see Burress back in Pitt? - Page 2 1505004552

Back to top Go down
steelersfan87

PostSubject: Re: Would YOU like to see Burress back in Pitt?   Would YOU like to see Burress back in Pitt? - Page 2 EmptyThu Aug 09, 2012 4:52 pm

Well, if you look at some numbers (and I know this is a detour, although it's somewhat related since Sanchez was the one throwing Plax the ball last year), their numbers are not as different as you'd like.

Passer Rating:
Tebow: 72.9%
Sanchez: 78.2%

Yards Per Attempt:
Tebow: 6.38
Sanchez: 6.40

Interceptions:
Tebow: 6
Sanchez: 18

Completion Percentage:
Tebow: 46.5%
Sanchez: 56.7%

While his completion percentage is like, 10% higher, 56.7% is still pretty poor in today's NFL.
Back to top Go down
Bays

Bays

PostSubject: Re: Would YOU like to see Burress back in Pitt?   Would YOU like to see Burress back in Pitt? - Page 2 EmptyThu Aug 09, 2012 4:53 pm

Sanchez and Tebow suck. Would YOU like to see Burress back in Pitt? - Page 2 1378315869

Buddha Bus

PostSubject: Re: Would YOU like to see Burress back in Pitt?   Would YOU like to see Burress back in Pitt? - Page 2 EmptyThu Aug 09, 2012 5:14 pm

bayz101 wrote:
Suckchez and Teblow suck. Would YOU like to see Burress back in Pitt? - Page 2 1378315869

Fixed. Would YOU like to see Burress back in Pitt? - Page 2 184121345

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Would YOU like to see Burress back in Pitt?   Would YOU like to see Burress back in Pitt? - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Would YOU like to see Burress back in Pitt?
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2