Steelers Xtreme Forum

Home"The Man Who Wasn't There" Film Review Home10RegisterLog inContact
Become a member of the Steelers Xtreme community to join in on the discussions and get access to members-only forums. Registering is free and easy.

"The Man Who Wasn't There" Film Review

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
mcg24

mcg24

"The Man Who Wasn't There" Film Review Empty
PostSubject: "The Man Who Wasn't There" Film Review   "The Man Who Wasn't There" Film Review EmptyMon May 16, 2011 12:35 am

Hey Xtreme friends,

Just posted up my newest review for the Coen Bros film The Man Who Wasn't There.

Quote :
I don't believe I have ever seen a noir film that I have not enjoyed. Whether that is due to a lack of exposure to the genre, or simply an abundance of solid films in the category, I've been thoroughly entertained by all of those that I've seen. The black and white color palette has also seemed to serve films well in the 21st Century, considering that films like Sin City and Good Night and Good Luck have been critically acclaimed. So while making a black and white film noir might not be an automatic success, it's definitely not a bad idea to give it a shot.

The Man Who Wasn't There is a dark (hence the noir....) film. Very dark. I would probably be too depressing and mentally draining to watch if we didn't have the Coen Brothers humor sprinkled in there every now and then, but rest assured, it's in there. I would by no means consider this a comedy...this is no Fargo or The Big Lebowski, but it's almost just as entertaining. The film is jam packed with stars who bring fantastic performances. Billy Bob Thornton, Frances McDormand, and Tony Shalhoub...just to name a few.

The first couple paragraphs of the review are above, to check out the full review jump on over to my blog at the link below! As always, thanks so much for reading. Questions, comments, arguments, praise, and death threats are accepted! Thanks!

http://frozenshackfilmreviews.blogspot.com/2011/05/man-who-wasnt-there-2001-5152011.html

Wallace108

PostSubject: Re: "The Man Who Wasn't There" Film Review   "The Man Who Wasn't There" Film Review EmptyMon May 16, 2011 1:03 am

I haven't even heard of this film. I need to start paying better attention.

If you're going to be a smart ass, you'd better be smart. Otherwise, you're just an ass.
Back to top Go down
http://www.steelersxtreme.com/
mcg24

mcg24

PostSubject: Re: "The Man Who Wasn't There" Film Review   "The Man Who Wasn't There" Film Review EmptyMon May 16, 2011 1:22 am

Wallace108 wrote:
I haven't even heard of this film. I need to start paying better attention.

Hey man that's great, that's my goal. What good would it do if I just reviewed films like The Dark Knight?

vasteeler

PostSubject: Re: "The Man Who Wasn't There" Film Review   "The Man Who Wasn't There" Film Review EmptyMon May 16, 2011 11:17 am

i love the coen bros. i cant believe i dont know this move. off to downloa.....er buy it now
Back to top Go down
JonM229

JonM229

PostSubject: Re: "The Man Who Wasn't There" Film Review   "The Man Who Wasn't There" Film Review EmptyTue May 17, 2011 10:29 pm

This movie makes me wonder why Billy Bob Thorton does so many shitty movies. He's a very talented actor.

"Ray Rice is special.  He is a guy for all situations, as I have said before, even in an elevator." -Mike Tomlin
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/jonmilles
mcg24

mcg24

PostSubject: Re: "The Man Who Wasn't There" Film Review   "The Man Who Wasn't There" Film Review EmptyWed May 18, 2011 12:16 am

JonM229 wrote:
This movie makes me wonder why Billy Bob Thorton does so many shitty movies. He's a very talented actor.

Indeed he is, I was actually a little hesitant going into the film because I could not remember a film I had ever seen him in that I enjoyed.

Buddha Bus

PostSubject: Re: "The Man Who Wasn't There" Film Review   "The Man Who Wasn't There" Film Review EmptyTue May 24, 2011 3:48 pm

mcg24 wrote:
JonM229 wrote:

Indeed he is, I was actually a little hesitant going into the film because I could not remember a film I had ever seen him in that I enjoyed.

He was excellent in "Sling Blade". Great movie!

Back to top Go down
vasteeler

vasteeler

PostSubject: Re: "The Man Who Wasn't There" Film Review   "The Man Who Wasn't There" Film Review EmptyTue May 24, 2011 4:34 pm

Buddha Bus wrote:

agreed, i like most his stuff. monsters ball,u-turn,bandits,bad santa just to name a few.
he did do one i didnt like though he was a football coach. i cant remember the name of that movie.
Back to top Go down
Buddha Bus

Buddha Bus

PostSubject: Re: "The Man Who Wasn't There" Film Review   "The Man Who Wasn't There" Film Review EmptyTue May 24, 2011 4:39 pm

vasteeler wrote:
Buddha Bus wrote:

agreed, i like most his stuff. monsters ball,u-turn,bandits,bad santa just to name a few.
he did do one i didnt like though he was a football coach. i cant remember the name of that movie.

He was kind of funny in the "Bad News Bears" remake too. I HATED "Bad Santa" for some reason. I only laughed like twice.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: "The Man Who Wasn't There" Film Review   "The Man Who Wasn't There" Film Review Empty

Back to top Go down

"The Man Who Wasn't There" Film Review
Page 1 of 1