Steelers Xtreme Forum

HomeKenny Pickett - Film Review by Chase Daniel Home10RegisterLog inContact
Become a member of the Steelers Xtreme community to join in on the discussions and get access to members-only forums. Registering is free and easy.

Kenny Pickett - Film Review by Chase Daniel

Go down 
+4
Master_Of_Puppets
SteelerFreak58
Great Randino
kirklandrules
8 posters
AuthorMessage
kirklandrules

kirklandrules

Kenny Pickett - Film Review by Chase Daniel Empty
PostSubject: Kenny Pickett - Film Review by Chase Daniel   Kenny Pickett - Film Review by Chase Daniel EmptyThu Nov 30, 2023 9:27 am

Thought this analysis (by someone who played the position) is worth watching:

solardave, Stella Nation and SteelerFreak58 like this post

Back to top Go down
Great Randino

PostSubject: Re: Kenny Pickett - Film Review by Chase Daniel   Kenny Pickett - Film Review by Chase Daniel EmptyThu Nov 30, 2023 12:14 pm

kirklandrules wrote:
Thought this analysis (by someone who played the position) is worth watching:

Excellent analysis from someone who really knows what he's talking about.

Back to top Go down
SteelerFreak58

SteelerFreak58

PostSubject: Re: Kenny Pickett - Film Review by Chase Daniel   Kenny Pickett - Film Review by Chase Daniel EmptyThu Nov 30, 2023 12:36 pm

"If Kenny Pickett can play like this down the stretch then the Steelers are going to be a problem."

Put it on Kenny's shoulders to help you go out and put points on the board. It's as simple as that. I am pretty sure Steeler fans would rather see if Kenny deserves that #1 round draft choice status or not. Let the kid take shots and try to win games. Will he throw a few more INTs... maybe but at least it will show that they have some trust he can lead this team places.

LambertWardSteel likes this post

Back to top Go down
kirklandrules

kirklandrules

PostSubject: Re: Kenny Pickett - Film Review by Chase Daniel   Kenny Pickett - Film Review by Chase Daniel EmptyThu Nov 30, 2023 5:06 pm

Here's another analysis from Kurt Warner:

solardave and SteelerFreak58 like this post

Back to top Go down
SteelerFreak58

SteelerFreak58

PostSubject: Re: Kenny Pickett - Film Review by Chase Daniel   Kenny Pickett - Film Review by Chase Daniel EmptySat Dec 02, 2023 1:05 pm

The thing that baffles me is that at Pitt Kenny was really good at PA and throwing over the middle. They brought him here and Canada never used it. Even when they did some PA with Canada they had him throwing to the outside.

First game without Canada and they utilized it more and let him throw over the middle to Muth and we saw how that worked.

solardave likes this post

Back to top Go down
Master_Of_Puppets

Master_Of_Puppets

PostSubject: Re: Kenny Pickett - Film Review by Chase Daniel   Kenny Pickett - Film Review by Chase Daniel EmptySat Dec 02, 2023 6:20 pm

SteelerFreak58 wrote:
The thing that baffles me is that at Pitt Kenny was really good at PA and throwing over the middle. They brought him here and Canada never used it. Even when they did some PA with Canada they had him throwing to the outside.

First game without Canada and they utilized it more and let him throw over the middle to Muth and we saw how that worked.
it's called playing scared. or playing not to lose. for whatever reason Canada had less confidence in pickett then he did last year. and when i say Canada, i mean Canada AND Tomlin. Tomlin coulda put an end to Canada's shit show at anytime during the season. Tomlin was 100% behind Canada's bullshit. he even said as much a few times.

Mach1, solardave, LambertWardSteel and SteelerFreak58 like this post

Back to top Go down
Mach1
Quest For Seven
Mach1

PostSubject: Re: Kenny Pickett - Film Review by Chase Daniel   Kenny Pickett - Film Review by Chase Daniel EmptySun Dec 03, 2023 2:57 am

Master_Of_Puppets wrote:
SteelerFreak58 wrote:

it's called playing scared. or playing not to lose. for whatever reason Canada had less confidence in pickett then he did last year. and when i say Canada, i mean Canada AND Tomlin. Tomlin coulda put an end to Canada's shit show at anytime during the season. Tomlin was 100% behind Canada's bullshit. he even said as much a few times.

And for that reason Tomlin should be shown the door. This team will never see another Super Bowl with Tomlin at the helm.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

SteelerFreak58 likes this post

Back to top Go down
Great Randino

PostSubject: Re: Kenny Pickett - Film Review by Chase Daniel   Kenny Pickett - Film Review by Chase Daniel EmptyFri Dec 08, 2023 12:30 pm

We all saw his brilliance in the game featured above. We all need to see that every week.

He needs the "ready to compete at your best every week" guide.

Now, another question for you all: Is Kenny playing for his career these last few games of the season?

It's a very strong QB class - I would surmise that perhaps, he is playing for his career. Last opportunity to be a starter in this league. Your thoughts?
Back to top Go down
SteelerFreak58

SteelerFreak58

PostSubject: Re: Kenny Pickett - Film Review by Chase Daniel   Kenny Pickett - Film Review by Chase Daniel EmptySun Dec 10, 2023 3:54 pm

Joe Flacco coming off the couch lighting up the Jags with some great passing and excellent decision making...

Browning for the second week in a row lighting up the score board for the Bengals...

Can't make this shit up...
Back to top Go down
Master_Of_Puppets

Master_Of_Puppets

PostSubject: Re: Kenny Pickett - Film Review by Chase Daniel   Kenny Pickett - Film Review by Chase Daniel EmptySun Dec 10, 2023 6:04 pm

Great Randino wrote:
We all saw his brilliance in the game featured above.  We all need to see that every week.  

He needs the "ready to compete at your best every week" guide.

Now, another question for you all:  Is Kenny playing for his career these last few games of the season?

It's a very strong QB class - I would surmise that perhaps, he is playing for his career.  Last opportunity to be a starter in this league.  Your thoughts?

i think a few of those guys will return for another year. now that they get paid to play college ball , a lot of those guys aren't gonna be in such of hurry to get to the nfl. especially those guys who arent being told they are going to be a top 5 pick. i think Quinn Ewers is one of the most fascinating prospects. he likely isnt a top 10 pick , at least he shouldnt be. he has heaps of raw talent. his game needs a bit of refining. he said he is undecided about entering the draft. if he goes back to texas and takes their money for another year ( i think he will) , he could be the top pick in 2025 and greatly increase his earning power for the next 6 years. Caleb Williams still hasnt declared.

i dont know if i would say this is a "strong" class. depending on who declares, i would guess 4 maybe 5 go in the 1st round, which isnt an unusual number.
guys like carson beck and JJ McCarthy arent in the same Tier as the top 4 or 5.
my opinion of this class is i think there could be some hidden gems outside the 1st round.
Back to top Go down
Master_Of_Puppets

Master_Of_Puppets

PostSubject: Re: Kenny Pickett - Film Review by Chase Daniel   Kenny Pickett - Film Review by Chase Daniel EmptyMon Dec 11, 2023 12:35 pm

just a few weeks ago i suggested maybe using a 4th on a QB. i have revised that to a first if the opportunity presents itself. or maybe a second. not only has pickett been below the line, he cant even stay on the field. he has left 4 games with injury in less than 2 years. lets look at who might be picking infront of the steelers and who is likely to want a QB.

1 chicago - YEP
2 Patriots**** - yep
4 waskington - maybe
8 raiders - yep
9 jets - yep
11 atlanta - yep
19 tampa bay - yep
20 green bay - maybe jordan love is only signed threw 2024

i think the steelers will be pickin 16-18 sam howell and jordan love could go on the trading block.
Back to top Go down
SteelerFreak58

SteelerFreak58

PostSubject: Re: Kenny Pickett - Film Review by Chase Daniel   Kenny Pickett - Film Review by Chase Daniel EmptyMon Dec 11, 2023 5:56 pm

Master_Of_Puppets wrote:
just a few weeks ago i suggested maybe using a 4th on a QB. i have revised that to a first if the opportunity presents itself. or maybe a second. not only has pickett been below the line, he cant even stay on the field. he has left 4 games with injury in less than 2 years. lets look at who might be picking infront of the steelers and who is likely to want a QB.

1 chicago - YEP
2 Patriots***** - yep
4 waskington - maybe
8 raiders - yep
9 jets - yep
11 atlanta - yep
19 tampa bay - yep
20 green bay - maybe jordan love is only signed threw 2024

i think the steelers will be pickin 16-18 sam howell and jordan love could go on the trading block.

I heard Hebert from the Chargers may be out there next year. He can out up points and can get into the endzone. Does throw picks at points.
Back to top Go down
Great Randino

PostSubject: Re: Kenny Pickett - Film Review by Chase Daniel   Kenny Pickett - Film Review by Chase Daniel EmptyMon Dec 11, 2023 11:35 pm

I think the Pack is gonna stick with Jordan.  I think he's starting to mature as a QB.

The folks that say, Build the line first - I'm with ya.  I wouldn't go QB in round 1 if I can get my franchise Center for the next 10 years.  Pickett gets one more year to make or break, under a real OC.  I don't see us really contending next year, too many missing parts.  So, I'd build other places.  If Kenny is the man, we will know next year.  If not, we will be in position to draft one in the next draft.
Back to top Go down
Great Randino

PostSubject: Re: Kenny Pickett - Film Review by Chase Daniel   Kenny Pickett - Film Review by Chase Daniel EmptyTue Dec 12, 2023 12:51 am

Finally, regarding QB classes: No one really knows how good the class is going to be until years later. Scouts were very high on this class early on though. But again, the scouts were all over Touchdown Jesus as the Second Coming, but, while he's been decent, he's certainly no saviour.

Also many scouts and "pundits" thought Ryan Leaf was going to be better than Payton.
Back to top Go down
Master_Of_Puppets

Master_Of_Puppets

PostSubject: Re: Kenny Pickett - Film Review by Chase Daniel   Kenny Pickett - Film Review by Chase Daniel EmptyTue Dec 12, 2023 1:55 am

the scouts got it right on the 2022 QB class. well...except for the steelers.
Back to top Go down
IowaSteeler927

IowaSteeler927

PostSubject: Re: Kenny Pickett - Film Review by Chase Daniel   Kenny Pickett - Film Review by Chase Daniel EmptyTue Dec 12, 2023 3:46 am

Joe Flacco is one TD pass away from tying Kenny Pickett's total TD passes... for... the... SEASON.

Just absolutely asinine. Kenny Pickett - Film Review by Chase Daniel 1505004552 Flacco has played something like 7 quarters of football and came in off of a sofa for the Browns.

SteelerFreak58 likes this post

Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyGLM8goxBzHK5YBJBS9uaQ
Master_Of_Puppets

Master_Of_Puppets

PostSubject: Re: Kenny Pickett - Film Review by Chase Daniel   Kenny Pickett - Film Review by Chase Daniel EmptyTue Dec 12, 2023 6:51 am

SteelerFreak58 wrote:

I heard Hebert from the Chargers may be out there next year. He can out up points and can get into the endzone. Does throw picks at points.

herbert just signed a new fat contract.
Back to top Go down
Stella Nation

Stella Nation

PostSubject: Re: Kenny Pickett - Film Review by Chase Daniel   Kenny Pickett - Film Review by Chase Daniel EmptyTue Dec 12, 2023 10:44 am

Master_Of_Puppets wrote:
the scouts got it right on the 2022 QB class. well...except for the steelers.

According to rumors from outside the Steelers organisation who follow the draft and have very good connections with all teams no one within the Steelers wanted to draft Pickett, except Art II who feared another Dan Marino scenario. So he forced the pick upon the entire staff and they had no choice.

solardave likes this post

Back to top Go down
solardave

solardave

PostSubject: Re: Kenny Pickett - Film Review by Chase Daniel   Kenny Pickett - Film Review by Chase Daniel EmptyTue Dec 12, 2023 12:08 pm

With what I've seen so far I can't say I'm sold on KP. Here's the thing though. How much is him? How much is the Oline? How much is The OC or interim OC's.
I think it's fair to say he deserves a competition next year but let's get some legitimate competition. Not MR or MT. Some FA with starting experience who isn't an idiot.
Maybe since the FO office loves to promote from within they can hire an assistant HEAD COACH Kenny Pickett - Film Review by Chase Daniel 1797695198
Back to top Go down
Great Randino

PostSubject: Re: Kenny Pickett - Film Review by Chase Daniel   Kenny Pickett - Film Review by Chase Daniel EmptyTue Dec 12, 2023 12:15 pm

Kenny definitely still has to prove he's the guy. For me, I'm not convince that he isn't the guy - not yet. I feel that the potential is there and we've seen signs of it, but not enough to say he's our guy for the next 10 years. I personally hope he is, that he lights it up and is our QB of the future. But he will have to prove it.

On that note, I'm taking a little break from this forum. Well wishes to all of you and happy holidays.

-Randy

IowaSteeler927 likes this post

Back to top Go down
solardave

solardave

PostSubject: Re: Kenny Pickett - Film Review by Chase Daniel   Kenny Pickett - Film Review by Chase Daniel EmptyTue Dec 12, 2023 12:53 pm

Great Randino wrote:
Kenny definitely still has to prove he's the guy.  For me, I'm not convince that he isn't the guy - not yet.  I feel that the potential is there and we've seen signs of it, but not enough to say he's our guy for the next 10 years.  I personally hope he is, that he lights it up and is our QB of the future.  But he will have to prove it.

On that note, I'm taking a little break from this forum.   Well wishes to all of you and happy holidays.

-Randy

Happy holidays to you. I hope everything is good with you and yours.

Great Randino likes this post

Back to top Go down
IowaSteeler927

IowaSteeler927

PostSubject: Re: Kenny Pickett - Film Review by Chase Daniel   Kenny Pickett - Film Review by Chase Daniel EmptyFri Dec 15, 2023 2:38 am

Great Randino wrote:
Kenny definitely still has to prove he's the guy.  For me, I'm not convince that he isn't the guy - not yet.  I feel that the potential is there and we've seen signs of it, but not enough to say he's our guy for the next 10 years.  I personally hope he is, that he lights it up and is our QB of the future.  But he will have to prove it.

On that note, I'm taking a little break from this forum.   Well wishes to all of you and happy holidays.

-Randy

Happy Holidays as well to you brother. Hope all is well with you and your family. Take as much time as you need! We'll hold down the fort while you take a break, me and this ragged crew. Kenny Pickett - Film Review by Chase Daniel 1797695198

Master_Of_Puppets and solardave like this post

Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyGLM8goxBzHK5YBJBS9uaQ
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Kenny Pickett - Film Review by Chase Daniel   Kenny Pickett - Film Review by Chase Daniel Empty

Back to top Go down

Kenny Pickett - Film Review by Chase Daniel
Page 1 of 1