Steelers Xtreme Forum

HomeJames Harrison and Jason Worilds to be ready to play in Denver Home10RegisterLog inContact
Become a member of the Steelers Xtreme community to join in on the discussions and get access to members-only forums. Registering is free and easy.

James Harrison and Jason Worilds to be ready to play in Denver

Go down 
+2
stlrtruck
Buddha Bus
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Buddha Bus

Buddha Bus

James Harrison and Jason Worilds to be ready to play in Denver Empty
PostSubject: James Harrison and Jason Worilds to be ready to play in Denver   James Harrison and Jason Worilds to be ready to play in Denver EmptyFri Aug 31, 2012 5:18 am

James Harrison and Jason Worilds to be ready to play in Denver James-harrison

SteelersXtreme.com

Steelers Depot is reporting that linebackers James Harrison and Jason Worilds, both taken off the PUP list just days ago, will be ready to play in the season opener in Denver on Sept. 9. This is welcome news for a linebacking unit that lost promising looking rookie Sean Spence for the season to a severe knee injury late in the third quarter in the Steelers' 17-16 win Thursday over the Carolina Panthers in the final pre-season game of 2012. Spence tore his ACL, LCL, and dislocated his knee cap when he got his foot caught in the turf and bent his leg backwards at the knee.

Harrison has been battling a nagging knee injury that required him to get arthroscopic knee surgery two weeks ago to clean out some irritation behind the knee cap. He had been tight lipped about his status since the procedure, causing fans and the media to speculate he may not be ready for the Denver game. Coach Mike Tomlin's displeasure with Isaac Redman talking about his injuries to the media was the likely impetus behind Harrison's unwillingness to talk about the injury more. Well, that and his normal demeanor when dealing with the media.

Worilds had been recovering from a wrist injury and hasn't seen any playing time this pre-season. He was reportedly ready to play as soon as he was released from the PUP list recently but was held out of action by the coaching staff for some unknown reason causing speculation on his true status as well.

Both apparently will be ready to help this injury besieged team in Denver at a time when they sure could use it. This should help to ease the pain within Steelers Nation of the rash of pre-season injuries Pittsburgh has suffered.

© Steelers Xtreme 2012

Back to top Go down
stlrtruck

stlrtruck

PostSubject: Re: James Harrison and Jason Worilds to be ready to play in Denver   James Harrison and Jason Worilds to be ready to play in Denver EmptyFri Aug 31, 2012 8:12 am

I almost feel sorry for Manning, ALMOST!

Deebo has been patiently waiting to get back on the field. His short interviews and no-nonesense the last few weeks shows that he has ready to kill someone or something.

1 NATION
STEELERS NATION James Harrison and Jason Worilds to be ready to play in Denver 3056903510

I am the MAN that created the MYTH that started the LEGEND

Don't choose good when greatness is available!
Back to top Go down
fer69

fer69

PostSubject: Re: James Harrison and Jason Worilds to be ready to play in Denver   James Harrison and Jason Worilds to be ready to play in Denver EmptyFri Aug 31, 2012 1:27 pm

stlrtruck wrote:
I almost feel sorry for Manning, ALMOST!

Deebo has been patiently waiting to get back on the field. His short interviews and no-nonesense the last few weeks shows that he has ready to kill someone or something

i hope its something rather than someone we can't afford to lose any more players James Harrison and Jason Worilds to be ready to play in Denver 2913999526

F@(k Wallace.. Throw it to Miller
Back to top Go down
steelerdude15

steelerdude15

PostSubject: Re: James Harrison and Jason Worilds to be ready to play in Denver   James Harrison and Jason Worilds to be ready to play in Denver EmptyFri Aug 31, 2012 11:49 pm

This is great news. More depth and our main starter is back. Too bad Spence and DeCastro both got hurt. No

Xtreme Newb

PostSubject: Re: James Harrison and Jason Worilds to be ready to play in Denver   James Harrison and Jason Worilds to be ready to play in Denver EmptySun Sep 02, 2012 5:23 pm

Good news as long as Harrison is fully healthy. I am hoping he is not coming back too early and messes his back up. If he can't make it through the season this year, I am guessing it will be his last year.
Back to top Go down
Wallace108

Wallace108

PostSubject: Re: James Harrison and Jason Worilds to be ready to play in Denver   James Harrison and Jason Worilds to be ready to play in Denver EmptySun Sep 02, 2012 5:58 pm

lvsteelersfan wrote:
Good news as long as Harrison is fully healthy. I am hoping he is not coming back too early and messes his back up. If he can't make it through the season this year, I am guessing it will be his last year.
I'm with you on this one. I'd rather he miss a few games early rather than come back too soon and make the injury worse. If he's really ready, great. If not, let's not rush him back.

If you're going to be a smart ass, you'd better be smart. Otherwise, you're just an ass.
Back to top Go down
http://www.steelersxtreme.com/
Buddha Bus

Buddha Bus

PostSubject: Re: James Harrison and Jason Worilds to be ready to play in Denver   James Harrison and Jason Worilds to be ready to play in Denver EmptyMon Sep 03, 2012 9:00 am

Wallace108 wrote:
lvsteelersfan wrote:
I'm with you on this one. I'd rather he miss a few games early rather than come back too soon and make the injury worse. If he's really ready, great. If not, let's not rush him back.

I'm with you guys on this one. We need James long-term and I don't want to see him re-injure his back or knee coming back too early. I hope they at least rotate him out with Carter often to reduce the risk.

I just imagine that having to tell Deebo to sit is quite an intimidating task. James Harrison and Jason Worilds to be ready to play in Denver 3798349058

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: James Harrison and Jason Worilds to be ready to play in Denver   James Harrison and Jason Worilds to be ready to play in Denver Empty

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 1