Steelers Xtreme Forum

HomeGreatest Alternative Band/Artist Of All-Time. Home10RegisterLog inContact
Become a member of the Steelers Xtreme community to join in on the discussions and get access to members-only forums. Registering is free and easy.

Greatest Alternative Band/Artist Of All-Time.

Go down 
+3
SteelCityMom
JonM229
Buddha Bus
7 posters

Greatest Alternative Band/Artist Of All-Time
The Cure
Greatest Alternative Band/Artist Of All-Time. Vote_lcap13%Greatest Alternative Band/Artist Of All-Time. Vote_rcap
 13% [ 3 ]
Sonic Youth
Greatest Alternative Band/Artist Of All-Time. Vote_lcap8%Greatest Alternative Band/Artist Of All-Time. Vote_rcap
 8% [ 2 ]
Radiohead
Greatest Alternative Band/Artist Of All-Time. Vote_lcap4%Greatest Alternative Band/Artist Of All-Time. Vote_rcap
 4% [ 1 ]
Beck
Greatest Alternative Band/Artist Of All-Time. Vote_lcap0%Greatest Alternative Band/Artist Of All-Time. Vote_rcap
 0% [ 0 ]
Smashing Pumpkins
Greatest Alternative Band/Artist Of All-Time. Vote_lcap4%Greatest Alternative Band/Artist Of All-Time. Vote_rcap
 4% [ 1 ]
R.E.M.
Greatest Alternative Band/Artist Of All-Time. Vote_lcap8%Greatest Alternative Band/Artist Of All-Time. Vote_rcap
 8% [ 2 ]
Nine Inch Nails
 8% [ 2 ]
Nirvana
 4% [ 1 ]
Jane's Addiction
 8% [ 2 ]
The Red Hot Chili Peppers
Greatest Alternative Band/Artist Of All-Time. Vote_lcap0%Greatest Alternative Band/Artist Of All-Time. Vote_rcap
 0% [ 0 ]
Rage Against The Machine
 4% [ 1 ]
Alice In Chains
 0% [ 0 ]
The Cult
 4% [ 1 ]
Depeche Mode
 0% [ 0 ]
Weezer
 8% [ 2 ]
Joy Division
 8% [ 2 ]
Pearl Jam
 0% [ 0 ]
The Smiths
 4% [ 1 ]
Ministry
 0% [ 0 ]
U2
 4% [ 1 ]
Soundgarden
 0% [ 0 ]
Foo Fighters
 0% [ 0 ]
Sublime
 4% [ 1 ]
The Pixies
 4% [ 1 ]
Total Votes : 24

AuthorMessage
Buddha Bus

Buddha Bus

Greatest Alternative Band/Artist Of All-Time. Empty
PostSubject: Greatest Alternative Band/Artist Of All-Time.   Greatest Alternative Band/Artist Of All-Time. EmptyThu May 19, 2011 11:42 pm

Vote here for your favorite alternative band/artist of all-time.

You can vote for 3 bands.

This will be a floating poll, meaning that if an entrant does not receive any votes, they will be replaced and you can re-vote by clicking "cancel vote" at the bottom of the entry list at any time as often as you like.

This poll has no time limit.

Last edited by Buddha Bus on Tue Aug 02, 2011 5:46 pm; edited 3 times in total
Back to top Go down
Buddha Bus

Buddha Bus

PostSubject: Re: Greatest Alternative Band/Artist Of All-Time.   Greatest Alternative Band/Artist Of All-Time. EmptyThu Jul 28, 2011 4:39 am

Due to Wally increasing the number of options, I have added more choices. Enjoy!

Back to top Go down
JonM229

JonM229

PostSubject: Re: Greatest Alternative Band/Artist Of All-Time.   Greatest Alternative Band/Artist Of All-Time. EmptyMon Aug 01, 2011 8:59 pm

Weezer
Smashing Pumpkins
Sonic Youth

U2 sucks

"Ray Rice is special.  He is a guy for all situations, as I have said before, even in an elevator." -Mike Tomlin
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/jonmilles
Buddha Bus

Buddha Bus

PostSubject: Re: Greatest Alternative Band/Artist Of All-Time.   Greatest Alternative Band/Artist Of All-Time. EmptyTue Aug 02, 2011 5:18 pm

I swapped a couple out for Depeche Mode and The Smiths. I should have included them early on. Greatest Alternative Band/Artist Of All-Time. 294855916

Back to top Go down
SteelCityMom

SteelCityMom

PostSubject: Re: Greatest Alternative Band/Artist Of All-Time.   Greatest Alternative Band/Artist Of All-Time. EmptyTue Aug 02, 2011 8:21 pm

Ohhh...you added Sublime!

Have to change my votes to Weezer, Joy Division and Sublime now...and then continue on to youtube to make a playlist of the three for tomorrow.

British Steel
Xtreme Newb
British Steel

PostSubject: Joy Division    Greatest Alternative Band/Artist Of All-Time. EmptyWed Jan 11, 2012 5:17 pm

...and The Pixies. I'd have gone for The Stone Roses too if they'd been on there.

PostSubject: Re: Greatest Alternative Band/Artist Of All-Time.   Greatest Alternative Band/Artist Of All-Time. EmptyWed Jan 11, 2012 5:54 pm

British Steel wrote:
...and The Pixies. I'd have gone for The Stone Roses too if they'd been on there.

That record with Fools Gold, SHe Bangs the Drums etc is outstanding, but their total body of work to small for me to put them up there as the best of all time.
Back to top Go down
BornaSteelersfan
Xtreme Newb
BornaSteelersfan

PostSubject: Re: Greatest Alternative Band/Artist Of All-Time.   Greatest Alternative Band/Artist Of All-Time. EmptySat Apr 28, 2012 9:12 am

I definitely think The Cure is far and above the rest. If you had a "Goth" category they would win hands down. I was looking for Stone Temple Pilots, but they aren't there. I would have to say Nine Inch Nails as a third.
Back to top Go down
GodSendBigBen
Xtreme Newb
GodSendBigBen

PostSubject: Re: Greatest Alternative Band/Artist Of All-Time.   Greatest Alternative Band/Artist Of All-Time. EmptySun May 20, 2012 3:15 am

Where's Stone Temple Pilots? Weiland was awesome, even though he was strung out 95 percent of the time. Loved him in Velvet Revolver too.
Back to top Go down
http://johnyyrock.hubpages.com/
Buddha Bus

Buddha Bus

PostSubject: Re: Greatest Alternative Band/Artist Of All-Time.   Greatest Alternative Band/Artist Of All-Time. EmptySun May 20, 2012 8:30 am

Stone Temple Pilots added! Greatest Alternative Band/Artist Of All-Time. 184121345

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Greatest Alternative Band/Artist Of All-Time.   Greatest Alternative Band/Artist Of All-Time. Empty

Back to top Go down

Greatest Alternative Band/Artist Of All-Time.
Page 1 of 1