Steelers Xtreme Forum

HomeGreatest Hair Metal Band Of All-Time Home10RegisterLog inContact
Become a member of the Steelers Xtreme community to join in on the discussions and get access to members-only forums. Registering is free and easy.

Greatest Hair Metal Band Of All-Time

Go down 
+2
Wallace108
Buddha Bus
6 posters

Motley Crue
Greatest Hair Metal Band Of All-Time Vote_lcap33%Greatest Hair Metal Band Of All-Time Vote_rcap
 33% [ 4 ]
Poison
Greatest Hair Metal Band Of All-Time Vote_lcap8%Greatest Hair Metal Band Of All-Time Vote_rcap
 8% [ 1 ]
Warrant
Greatest Hair Metal Band Of All-Time Vote_lcap0%Greatest Hair Metal Band Of All-Time Vote_rcap
 0% [ 0 ]
Great White
Greatest Hair Metal Band Of All-Time Vote_lcap8%Greatest Hair Metal Band Of All-Time Vote_rcap
 8% [ 1 ]
Dokken
Greatest Hair Metal Band Of All-Time Vote_lcap0%Greatest Hair Metal Band Of All-Time Vote_rcap
 0% [ 0 ]
Ratt
Greatest Hair Metal Band Of All-Time Vote_lcap17%Greatest Hair Metal Band Of All-Time Vote_rcap
 17% [ 2 ]
Winger
 0% [ 0 ]
White Lion
 0% [ 0 ]
Whitesnake
 8% [ 1 ]
L.A. Guns
 0% [ 0 ]
Faster Pussycat
 0% [ 0 ]
Twisted Sister
 0% [ 0 ]
Hanoi Rocks
 0% [ 0 ]
Bon Jovi
 0% [ 0 ]
Quiet Riot
 0% [ 0 ]
Kix
 0% [ 0 ]
Cinderella
 0% [ 0 ]
Def Leppard
Greatest Hair Metal Band Of All-Time Vote_lcap25%Greatest Hair Metal Band Of All-Time Vote_rcap
 25% [ 3 ]
Skid Row
 0% [ 0 ]
Vixen
 0% [ 0 ]
Kiss (post make-up)
 0% [ 0 ]
Enuff Z'Nuff
 0% [ 0 ]
Total Votes : 12

AuthorMessage
Buddha Bus

Buddha Bus

Greatest Hair Metal Band Of All-Time Empty
PostSubject: Greatest Hair Metal Band Of All-Time   Greatest Hair Metal Band Of All-Time EmptyTue Aug 02, 2011 5:35 pm

This one's for you, Wally! Greatest Hair Metal Band Of All-Time 730413182

Vote here for your favorite hair metal band of all-time.

You can vote for 3 bands.

This will be a floating poll, meaning that if an entrant does not receive any votes and a suggestion comes along, they will be replaced and you can re-vote by clicking "cancel vote" at the bottom of the entry list at any time as often as you like.

This poll has no time limit.

Last edited by Buddha Bus on Wed Aug 03, 2011 4:15 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Wallace108

Wallace108

PostSubject: Re: Greatest Hair Metal Band Of All-Time   Greatest Hair Metal Band Of All-Time EmptyWed Aug 03, 2011 12:37 am

Had to go with Crue, Whitesnake, and Def Leppard.

Just a suggestion ... I'd probably remove Guns N' Roses from the list. They rose above the hair-metal-band label. I'd probably replace them with Scorpions, Twisted Sister, or Skid Row.

Having grown up in the 80s, the hair-metal label always bothered me. It short changes the genre. Yeah, there was tons of crap that came out of that genre, but there was also a lot of great music. And I never understood why some bands got labeled hair metal while others didn't. Metallica was from that period, and all the members had long hair ... so why weren't they considered hair metal? Was it because they didn't go glam and their music was respected? Well, the same can be said for bands like Tesla, Mr. Big, Dangerous Toys, Badlands, and many other bands ... yet they were all labeled hair metal. Greatest Hair Metal Band Of All-Time 2087824411

It seems kind of subjective. In no way would I ever compare a band like Poison to a band like Mr. Big or Skid Row. Yet they were all considered hair metal. And I think Whitesnake is every bit as good as Van Halen and AC/DC. Yet Whitesnake gets labeled hair metal, while Van Halen and AC/DC don't.

The label means a lot. Most people don't have a problem saying they like Van Halen, AC/DC, or Guns N' Roses ... yet they feel embarrassed to say they like Skid Row, Mr. Big, or Tesla. A lot of great bands have had their images tarnished by a label.

OK, stepping off my soap box. Greatest Hair Metal Band Of All-Time 1797695198

If you're going to be a smart ass, you'd better be smart. Otherwise, you're just an ass.
Back to top Go down
http://www.steelersxtreme.com/
Buddha Bus

Buddha Bus

PostSubject: Re: Greatest Hair Metal Band Of All-Time   Greatest Hair Metal Band Of All-Time EmptyWed Aug 03, 2011 4:17 am

Wallace108 wrote:

Just a suggestion ... I'd probably remove Guns N' Roses from the list. They rose above the hair-metal-band label. I'd probably replace them with Scorpions, Twisted Sister, or Skid Row.

Uhhhh... Twisted Sister IS on the list. Greatest Hair Metal Band Of All-Time 1824088959

I'll take your suggestion and replace GNR with Skid Row (how the hell did I forget them! Greatest Hair Metal Band Of All-Time 294855916). I almost didn't put GNR on the list for the same reasons you mentioned.

Back to top Go down
British Steel
Xtreme Newb
British Steel

PostSubject: Re: Greatest Hair Metal Band Of All-Time   Greatest Hair Metal Band Of All-Time EmptyWed Jan 11, 2012 5:44 pm

Wallace108 wrote:
And I think Whitesnake is every bit as good as Van Halen and AC/DC. Yet Whitesnake gets labeled hair metal, while Van Halen and AC/DC don't.

Plus they weren't always a hair metal band - they started out as a great Hard Rock/Blues band....

The later version was really a completely different band, with only David Coverdale in common.

Xtreme Newb
BornaSteelersfan

PostSubject: Re: Greatest Hair Metal Band Of All-Time   Greatest Hair Metal Band Of All-Time EmptyFri Jan 13, 2012 3:25 am

I had to go with Motley Crue, Ratt, and Poison. I saw The Crue live twice and the Ratt/Poison tour was one of the best shows ever.
Back to top Go down
La Flama Blanca
Xtreme Newb
La Flama Blanca

PostSubject: Re: Greatest Hair Metal Band Of All-Time   Greatest Hair Metal Band Of All-Time EmptyFri Jan 13, 2012 5:57 pm

I had to go with The Crue... Van Halen's best stuff was pre hair metal... I II Fair Warning and Women and Children

Xtreme Newb
GodSendBigBen

PostSubject: Re: Greatest Hair Metal Band Of All-Time   Greatest Hair Metal Band Of All-Time EmptySun May 20, 2012 2:42 am

I don't really consider Motley hair metal. Yea they wore make up, but they wern't pretty boys like Poison or Bon Jovi. My second Favorite band, after GNR. Saw them 5 times since they got back together in 05. Long Life Nikki Sixx!
Back to top Go down
http://johnyyrock.hubpages.com/
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Greatest Hair Metal Band Of All-Time   Greatest Hair Metal Band Of All-Time Empty

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 1