Steelers Xtreme Forum

HomeSteelers nation: Family huddles up for funeral, football to honor matriarch   Home10RegisterLog inContact
Become a member of the Steelers Xtreme community to join in on the discussions and get access to members-only forums. Registering is free and easy.

Steelers nation: Family huddles up for funeral, football to honor matriarch

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Galax Steeler

Galax Steeler

Steelers nation: Family huddles up for funeral, football to honor matriarch   Empty
PostSubject: Steelers nation: Family huddles up for funeral, football to honor matriarch    Steelers nation: Family huddles up for funeral, football to honor matriarch   EmptyFri Oct 05, 2012 4:37 am

Every family has traditions special only to them -- traditions that provide consistency, comfort and a reliable sense of solidity.

No matter what turbulence my own family faces, you can rest assured that we will weather the storm as a cohesive unit if we believe in God and cheer for the Steelers. The black and gold. It's in our DNA and we bleed it from the cradle to the grave.

My grandmother, "Mama," loved the Steelers. She would come over for parties or join us at a local sports bar to cheer them on with her best game face. She always owned a Terrible Towel and a Steelers shirt.

Read more: http://www.post-gazette.com/stories/local/morning-file/steelers-nation-family-huddles-up-for-funeral-football-to-honor-matriarch-656288/#ixzz28Pb9FlJN

solardave

Steelers nation: Family huddles up for funeral, football to honor matriarch   Empty
PostSubject: Re: Steelers nation: Family huddles up for funeral, football to honor matriarch    Steelers nation: Family huddles up for funeral, football to honor matriarch   EmptyFri Oct 05, 2012 4:21 pm

Great story and it couldn't hit closer to home for me. I can't imagine not being a Steeler fan. It's in my DNA. I come from a long line. I have fond memories sitting on my Pap's couch watching Pirates and Steeler games.
Back to top Go down
CapLovesTroyP43

CapLovesTroyP43

PostSubject: Re: Steelers nation: Family huddles up for funeral, football to honor matriarch    Steelers nation: Family huddles up for funeral, football to honor matriarch   EmptyFri Oct 05, 2012 6:26 pm

Steelers nation: Family huddles up for funeral, football to honor matriarch   1283067935

It's always sad when we lose a member of the family. But what a send off! You know she'll be wavin' the Terrible Towel in Heaven and having a blast with those who went before us. Bet she's even having a blast with Myron!

"WE WILL NOT GO GENTLY. WE WILL UNLEASH HELL" MIKE TOMLIN

Steelers nation: Family huddles up for funeral, football to honor matriarch   2480670802 Steelers nation: Family huddles up for funeral, football to honor matriarch   2287965686 Steelers nation: Family huddles up for funeral, football to honor matriarch   1948569602

FREEDOM...NOT COMMUNISM!!!! :old glory: :old glory: :old glory:

"AND OUR QB WEARS THE NUMBER SEVEN" RICH BANKS

CAP'S FAVORITE ICON... Steelers nation: Family huddles up for funeral, football to honor matriarch   1645253483 Steelers nation: Family huddles up for funeral, football to honor matriarch   1645253483 Steelers nation: Family huddles up for funeral, football to honor matriarch   1645253483
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Steelers nation: Family huddles up for funeral, football to honor matriarch    Steelers nation: Family huddles up for funeral, football to honor matriarch   Empty

Back to top Go down

Steelers nation: Family huddles up for funeral, football to honor matriarch
Page 1 of 1