Steelers Xtreme Forum

HomeSurvey: Polamalu is most-liked player in NFL Home10RegisterLog inContact
Become a member of the Steelers Xtreme community to join in on the discussions and get access to members-only forums. Registering is free and easy.

Survey: Polamalu is most-liked player in NFL

Go down 
+3
Galax Steeler
Kornbread
Buddha Bus
7 posters
AuthorMessage
Buddha Bus

Buddha Bus

Survey: Polamalu is most-liked player in NFL Empty
PostSubject: Survey: Polamalu is most-liked player in NFL   Survey: Polamalu is most-liked player in NFL EmptyThu Oct 25, 2012 1:51 pm

By Alan Robinson
Published: Thursday, October 25, 2012, 9:20 a.m.

Steelers safety Troy Polamalu, limited to one full game this season by a calf injury, is the NFL's most-liked player, according to a Nielsen survey recently conducted in collaboration with E-Poll Market Research.

Polamalu is the only Steelers player among the 10 most-liked players. No Steelers player is among the 10 least-liked.

Polamalu's take-no-play-off style and his wildly flowing hair -- plus his much-seen Head and Shoulders commercials -- contribute to his popularity, as does the fact he plays on a nationally watched team.

Polamalu's appeal rating of 63 percent put him ahead of Saints quarterback Drew Brees and Packers defensive back Charles Woodson (both 62 percent), Broncos quarterback Peyton Manning (59 percent), Packers quarterback Aaron Rodgers and Patriots* tight end Rob Gronkowski (both 58 percent), Redskins quarterback Robert Griffin III , Packers wide receiver Donald Driver and Bears linebacker Brian Urlacher (all 57 percent) and Lions quarterback Matthew Stafford (56 percent).

It's obvious from the polling that fans don't like players who are perceived to be divas or underachievers -- especially quarterbacks.

Read more: http://triblive.com/sports/steelers/2837753-85/percent-quarterback-polamalu-liked-player-players-among-nfl-packers-receiver?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+tribunereviewsteelers+%28Steelers+Stories%29#ixzz2AKnASSoZ
Follow us: @triblive on Twitter | triblive on Facebook

Back to top Go down
Kornbread

Kornbread

PostSubject: Re: Survey: Polamalu is most-liked player in NFL   Survey: Polamalu is most-liked player in NFL EmptySat Oct 27, 2012 12:40 am

I agree....I can't think of any other player it could be. The man has a great demeanor....plays the game like a champ. (When he is healthy) He has managed to keep himself out of controversial situations in life. To many things to list.......

Show me a good loser, and I'll show you a loser.
Vince Lombardi

On 12/02/2012 the Steelers beat the Ravens with their 3rd string QB! Charlie Batch! AWESOME!
Back to top Go down
Galax Steeler

Galax Steeler

PostSubject: Re: Survey: Polamalu is most-liked player in NFL   Survey: Polamalu is most-liked player in NFL EmptySat Oct 27, 2012 5:37 am

I would have to agree with it couldn't think of no one else.

Wallace108

PostSubject: Re: Survey: Polamalu is most-liked player in NFL   Survey: Polamalu is most-liked player in NFL EmptySat Oct 27, 2012 11:20 am

I can't find it now, but about a year or so ago, I read a story where Troy was attending a volleyball tournament for his niece (or someone in his family). During a break in the action, he was out in the parking lot playing a pickup game of football with a bunch of kids who were there. One of the fathers wrote a blog about it and posted pictures. That's not something you'd expect anyone famous to do, but it wasn't surprising considering it was Troy.

EDIT:

Found a blurb about it:
Quote :

While attending his niece's volleyball tournament in Maryvale, Polamalu was spotted by some young kids in the crowd. They rushed over for his autograph. He happily obliged, and offered a better idea.He took the kids into the parking lot for an impromptu game of football."My son disappeared for like 30 minutes, and when I went outside, I couldn't believe what I saw," Phoenix resident Jeff Leiva said. "They were playing football on this narrow strip of pavement. Troy was diagramming plays for the kids. He was the designated quarterback."That's incredible."He told us a bunch of plays in the huddle. He told me to run a fly route," his son, Camden, said. "And I caught it for a touchdown.

http://volleyballusa.info/article/Pittsburgh-Steelers--Troy-Polamalu-head-and-shoulders-above-the-rest

If you're going to be a smart ass, you'd better be smart. Otherwise, you're just an ass.
Back to top Go down
http://www.steelersxtreme.com/
solardave

solardave

PostSubject: Re: Survey: Polamalu is most-liked player in NFL   Survey: Polamalu is most-liked player in NFL EmptySat Oct 27, 2012 5:21 pm

Wallace108 wrote:
I can't find it now, but about a year or so ago, I read a story where Troy was attending a volleyball tournament for his niece (or someone in his family). During a break in the action, he was out in the parking lot playing a pickup game of football with a bunch of kids who were there. One of the fathers wrote a blog about it and posted pictures. That's not something you'd expect anyone famous to do, but it wasn't surprising considering it was Troy.

EDIT:

Found a blurb about it:
Quote :

While attending his niece's volleyball tournament in Maryvale, Polamalu was spotted by some young kids in the crowd. They rushed over for his autograph. He happily obliged, and offered a better idea.He took the kids into the parking lot for an impromptu game of football."My son disappeared for like 30 minutes, and when I went outside, I couldn't believe what I saw," Phoenix resident Jeff Leiva said. "They were playing football on this narrow strip of pavement. Troy was diagramming plays for the kids. He was the designated quarterback."That's incredible."He told us a bunch of plays in the huddle. He told me to run a fly route," his son, Camden, said. "And I caught it for a touchdown.

http://volleyballusa.info/article/Pittsburgh-Steelers--Troy-Polamalu-head-and-shoulders-above-the-rest

I remember that. He may go down as one of the most popular ever (with the possible exception of Ed Reed. Survey: Polamalu is most-liked player in NFL 2605341373
Back to top Go down
Wallace108

Wallace108

PostSubject: Re: Survey: Polamalu is most-liked player in NFL   Survey: Polamalu is most-liked player in NFL EmptySat Oct 27, 2012 6:14 pm

solardave wrote:
I remember that. He may go down as one of the most popular ever (with the possible exception of Ed Reed. Survey: Polamalu is most-liked player in NFL 2605341373
I assume you're being sarcastic. Survey: Polamalu is most-liked player in NFL 294855916

Seriously though ... Ed Reed is a great safety. He's a terrific player, but he's no Troy Polamalu. As great of a player as Troy is, he's an even better person.

If you're going to be a smart ass, you'd better be smart. Otherwise, you're just an ass.
Back to top Go down
http://www.steelersxtreme.com/
fer69

fer69

PostSubject: Re: Survey: Polamalu is most-liked player in NFL   Survey: Polamalu is most-liked player in NFL EmptySat Oct 27, 2012 10:06 pm

Why can't he stay healthy Survey: Polamalu is most-liked player in NFL 2913999526

F@(k Wallace.. Throw it to Miller
Back to top Go down
Buddha Bus

Buddha Bus

PostSubject: Re: Survey: Polamalu is most-liked player in NFL   Survey: Polamalu is most-liked player in NFL EmptySun Oct 28, 2012 11:45 am

fer69 wrote:
Why can't he stay healthy Survey: Polamalu is most-liked player in NFL 2913999526

Because of his style of play catching up with him...... and he's getting old. Survey: Polamalu is most-liked player in NFL 3201610882

Back to top Go down
Kornbread

Kornbread

PostSubject: Re: Survey: Polamalu is most-liked player in NFL   Survey: Polamalu is most-liked player in NFL EmptyMon Oct 29, 2012 12:31 am

Buddha Bus wrote:
fer69 wrote:

Because of his style of play catching up with him...... and he's getting old. Survey: Polamalu is most-liked player in NFL 3201610882

To be honest....his playing style has a lot to do with it and time. It would appear the he is close to the day of being put out to pasture with the rest of the "Old Througbreads " He is now 31 with 10 yrs in...I think it would be pushing it to get 2 or 3 more years out of him.
Back to top Go down
Buddha Bus

Buddha Bus

PostSubject: Re: Survey: Polamalu is most-liked player in NFL   Survey: Polamalu is most-liked player in NFL EmptyMon Oct 29, 2012 6:22 am

Kornbread wrote:
Buddha Bus wrote:
fer69 wrote:

To be honest....his playing style has a lot to do with it and time. It would appear the he is close to the day of being put out to pasture with the rest of the "Old Througbreads " He is now 31 with 10 yrs in...I think it would be pushing it to get 2 or 3 more years out of him.

Even though 31 isn't really that old, Troy's style of play over the years has done his body no favors and it is reacting like it's older than it really is. He's banged up from playing like a wild man for 10 years. It's actually amazing he's held up this long.

I hope I'm wrong and he finds a fountain of youth to soak in because I'm not sure how we go on without the guy considering how great he's been. Maybe he can get this calf injury right and play 2 more years, but I'm skeptical at this point.

Back to top Go down
Kornbread

Kornbread

PostSubject: Re: Survey: Polamalu is most-liked player in NFL   Survey: Polamalu is most-liked player in NFL EmptyMon Oct 29, 2012 11:32 am

Buddha Bus wrote:

I hope I'm wrong and he finds a fountain of youth to soak in because I'm not sure how we go on without the guy considering how great he's been. Maybe he can get this calf injury right and play 2 more years, but I'm skeptical at this point.

Survey: Polamalu is most-liked player in NFL 3964572787 I am in your amen corner friend. I just hope someone will step up to Troy's level of playing and in a quick fashion! But then again...there will be only one Troy P!
Back to top Go down
Buddha Bus

Buddha Bus

PostSubject: Re: Survey: Polamalu is most-liked player in NFL   Survey: Polamalu is most-liked player in NFL EmptyTue Oct 30, 2012 10:18 am

Kornbread wrote:
Buddha Bus wrote:

Survey: Polamalu is most-liked player in NFL 3964572787 I am in your amen corner friend. I just hope someone will step up to Troy's level of playing and in a quick fashion! But then again...there will be only one Troy P!

This. No one will ever be Troy. He's a once in a lifetime player. We can only hope to find another who can come close to replacing him.

Back to top Go down
CapLovesTroyP43

CapLovesTroyP43

PostSubject: Re: Survey: Polamalu is most-liked player in NFL   Survey: Polamalu is most-liked player in NFL EmptyWed Oct 31, 2012 10:13 pm

Here, here I couldn't agree more. And it really doesn't surprise me that he would get an honor like that. He's such a credit to Steeler Nation and humanity itself. I will cry like someone died the day he hangs up his cleats. I really will.

"WE WILL NOT GO GENTLY. WE WILL UNLEASH HELL" MIKE TOMLIN

Survey: Polamalu is most-liked player in NFL 2480670802 Survey: Polamalu is most-liked player in NFL 2287965686 Survey: Polamalu is most-liked player in NFL 1948569602

FREEDOM...NOT COMMUNISM!!!! :old glory: :old glory: :old glory:

"AND OUR QB WEARS THE NUMBER SEVEN" RICH BANKS

CAP'S FAVORITE ICON... Survey: Polamalu is most-liked player in NFL 1645253483 Survey: Polamalu is most-liked player in NFL 1645253483 Survey: Polamalu is most-liked player in NFL 1645253483
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Survey: Polamalu is most-liked player in NFL   Survey: Polamalu is most-liked player in NFL Empty

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 1