Steelers Xtreme Forum

Home‘Dissension’ done, Polamalu, Clark say Home10RegisterLog inContact
Become a member of the Steelers Xtreme community to join in on the discussions and get access to members-only forums. Registering is free and easy.

‘Dissension’ done, Polamalu, Clark say

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Wallace108

Wallace108

‘Dissension’ done, Polamalu, Clark say Empty
PostSubject: ‘Dissension’ done, Polamalu, Clark say   ‘Dissension’ done, Polamalu, Clark say EmptyMon Aug 12, 2013 11:57 pm

By Dejan Kovacevic

You know, the Steelers just might be kidding themselves. All this talk of close losses in 2012, all this emphasis from Mike Tomlin on being more diligent with little details … all of it could prove to be eyewash in the end. Or hogwash. A state of denial. A dereliction in addressing the real problems at the root of 8-8.

But I don't think so.

And I don't think so, I'm not embarrassed to admit, primarily because Troy Polamalu and Ryan Clark don't think so.

The safeties are the souls of any defense, but with these Steelers, these two are the souls of the franchise. Polamalu and Clark, more than anyone now, espouse and embody what's been great about this team for the better part of five decades now, on and off the field.

I interviewed both gentlemen late Saturday night after the preseason opener at Heinz Field, and both spoke passionately about how what this collective group needs most at this pivotal point — Reloading? Rebuilding? Rethinking everything? — is simple stability. To push something of a spiritual reset button.

Such a catharsis, of course, has to begin with recognizing the problem. And it's safe to say the safeties get that.

“I believe the strength of this organization is in its camaraderie and its family atmosphere. We didn't have those last year,” Polamalu said. “To me, that's kind of what separates us from most teams, that we've had that foundation here. When talent is pretty equal across the board — and it is in the NFL — you're looking in areas other than schematics to gain an edge. And that was an edge we didn't have.”

Read more: http://triblive.com/sports/-topstories/4513658-74/clark-polamalu-steelers#ixzz2bomxgjqh

If you're going to be a smart ass, you'd better be smart. Otherwise, you're just an ass.
Back to top Go down
http://www.steelersxtreme.com/

‘Dissension’ done, Polamalu, Clark say
Page 1 of 1