Steelers Xtreme Forum

HomeMike Pouncey wants to be a Steeler Home10RegisterLog inContact
Become a member of the Steelers Xtreme community to join in on the discussions and get access to members-only forums. Registering is free and easy.

Mike Pouncey wants to be a Steeler

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Wallace108

Wallace108

Mike Pouncey wants to be a Steeler Empty
PostSubject: Mike Pouncey wants to be a Steeler   Mike Pouncey wants to be a Steeler EmptyThu Apr 07, 2011 2:10 pm

Florida center Mike Pouncey, the twin brother of Steelers center Maurkice Pouncey, is making the rounds in advance of the 2011 draft.

And he came away from a visit with the Cowboys thinking that they’ll select him with the ninth overall pick in the draft.

On his Twitter account, Pouncey posted that he’ll “be shocked” if he’s not playing for the Cowboys in 2011. But he also said he’d love to play for the Steelers, and that if it was up to him, he’d be heading to Pittsburgh for the start of his career.
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2011/04/07/mike-pouncey-wants-to-be-a-steeler-thinks-hell-be-a-cowboy/

Mike Pouncey wants to be a Steeler X6102-e1300280016767

If you're going to be a smart ass, you'd better be smart. Otherwise, you're just an ass.
Back to top Go down
http://www.steelersxtreme.com/
steelerdude15

steelerdude15

PostSubject: Re: Mike Pouncey wants to be a Steeler   Mike Pouncey wants to be a Steeler EmptyThu Apr 07, 2011 11:47 pm

That would be sweet to have both of them on the team, but Mike will be drafted before we can get him.

Wallace108

PostSubject: Re: Mike Pouncey wants to be a Steeler   Mike Pouncey wants to be a Steeler EmptyFri Apr 08, 2011 12:38 am

steelerdude15 wrote:
That would be sweet to have both of them on the team, but Mike will be drafted before we can get him.
Damn it's good to see that sig again. Mike Pouncey wants to be a Steeler 3056903510

A lot of Steelers fans want Mike, but I'm still not convinced that he'll be as successful as his brother. I'm not saying he WON'T be, but he should be evaluated just like any other player, not based on who his brother is. I wonder if he would be rated so highly if Maurkice had been a bust. Mike Pouncey wants to be a Steeler 2087824411

If you're going to be a smart ass, you'd better be smart. Otherwise, you're just an ass.
Back to top Go down
SteelersYak

SteelersYak

PostSubject: Re: Mike Pouncey wants to be a Steeler   Mike Pouncey wants to be a Steeler EmptyFri Apr 08, 2011 12:48 am

The proof is in the pudding of how well they work together, I'm sure you could ask Tim Tebow about that one.

I would love to have the Pouncey brothers. I'd be willing to bet that them playing together will improve their play collectively vs. them playing for 2 separate teams.

Wallace108

PostSubject: Re: Mike Pouncey wants to be a Steeler   Mike Pouncey wants to be a Steeler EmptyFri Apr 08, 2011 12:59 am

BGSU A Dub wrote:
The proof is in the pudding of how well they work together, I'm sure you could ask Tim Tebow about that one.

I would love to have the Pouncey brothers. I'd be willing to bet that them playing together will improve their play collectively vs. them playing for 2 separate teams.
There's certainly something to be said about chemistry on the O-line. And how can you have more chemistry than Mike and Maurkice. Mike Pouncey wants to be a Steeler 2087824411

I'm just hesitant to assume Mike would be able to step in and play as well as Maurkice.
Look at Jose and Ozzie Canseco ... identical twins but not identical players.

Back to top Go down
SteelersYak

SteelersYak

PostSubject: Re: Mike Pouncey wants to be a Steeler   Mike Pouncey wants to be a Steeler EmptyFri Apr 08, 2011 1:08 am

Wallace108 wrote:

There's certainly something to be said about chemistry on the O-line. And how can you have more chemistry than Mike and Maurkice. Mike Pouncey wants to be a Steeler 2087824411

I'm just hesitant to assume Mike would be able to step in and play as well as Maurkice.

IMO, you are comparing apples to oranges. Playing offensive line in football is A LOT different than playing outfield in baseball. Offensive line is more of a UNIT whereas outfielders are basically more individual. Also, offensive line is more dominant (they know where a play is going, who to block, etc.) whereas outfields are not as much (waiting for the ball to be hit to them, waiting for the pitch [both unknowns]).

Now throwing in the comparison of the Barber brothers would be a bit closer, but they both played on different sides of the ball.

But I absolutely think you are right Wally Balls (I don't wanna make the ModGods mad or it'll be Mike Pouncey wants to be a Steeler 2605256118)
Mike Pouncey wants to be a Steeler 1664291743

Wallace108

PostSubject: Re: Mike Pouncey wants to be a Steeler   Mike Pouncey wants to be a Steeler EmptyFri Apr 08, 2011 1:18 am

BGSU A Dub wrote:
Wallace108 wrote:

IMO, you are comparing apples to oranges. Playing offensive line in football is A LOT different than playing outfield in baseball. Offensive line is more of a UNIT whereas outfielders are basically more individual. Also, offensive line is more dominant (they know where a play is going, who to block, etc.) whereas outfields are not as much (waiting for the ball to be hit to them, waiting for the pitch [both unknowns]).

Now throwing in the comparison of the Barber brothers would be a bit closer, but they both played on different sides of the ball.
You're right ... baseball is more of an individual effort, whereas an O-line works as a unit. But within that unit, each player has individual responsibilities. If one player screws up, the entire unit breaks down.

BGSU A Dub wrote:
But I absolutely think you are right Wally Balls (I don't wanna make the ModGods mad or it'll be Mike Pouncey wants to be a Steeler 2605256118) Mike Pouncey wants to be a Steeler 1664291743
Mike Pouncey wants to be a Steeler 1824088959

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Mike Pouncey wants to be a Steeler   Mike Pouncey wants to be a Steeler Empty

Back to top Go down

Mike Pouncey wants to be a Steeler
Page 1 of 1