Steelers Xtreme Forum

HomeBig Ben stands behind Marcus Gilbert Home10RegisterLog inContact
Become a member of the Steelers Xtreme community to join in on the discussions and get access to members-only forums. Registering is free and easy.

Big Ben stands behind Marcus Gilbert

Go down 
+2
Crash
Wallace108
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Wallace108

Wallace108

Big Ben stands behind Marcus Gilbert Empty
PostSubject: Big Ben stands behind Marcus Gilbert   Big Ben stands behind Marcus Gilbert EmptyThu Sep 18, 2014 1:20 am

By Scott Brown | ESPN.com

PITTSBURGH -- A day after coach Mike Tomlin said Marcus Gilbert isn’t in danger of losing his starting job, quarterback Ben Roethlisberger gave the Pittsburgh Steelers' right tackle a vote of confidence.

“I know the person (Gilbert) is and the competitor he is,” Roethlisberger said Wednesday. “He’s going to come out and be ready to play.”

Gilbert would probably like a do-over to the start of the season as much any anybody in the Steelers' locker room.

The 6-foot-6, 315-pounder has given up four of the five sacks allowed by the Steelers, including a pair to Ravens outside linebacker Elvis Dumervil in a 26-6 loss at Baltimore.

Dumervil’s second sack last Thursday was the basketball equivalent of dunking ferociously on someone. He bull-rushed Gilbert and dropped the fourth-year veteran on his back, taking down Roethlisberger in the process.

The play was such an unmasking that Gilbert’s teammates didn’t even subject him to some good-natured ribbing while watching film of it this week.

“I think it was more humbling to Marcus,” Roethlisberger said.

http://espn.go.com/blog/pittsburgh-steelers/post/_/id/9132/big-ben-stands-behind-marcus-gilbert

If you're going to be a smart ass, you'd better be smart. Otherwise, you're just an ass.
Back to top Go down
http://www.steelersxtreme.com/
Crash

Crash

PostSubject: Re: Big Ben stands behind Marcus Gilbert   Big Ben stands behind Marcus Gilbert EmptyThu Sep 18, 2014 1:59 am

Let's see you have a slow footed plodder being asked to block one of the best pass rushers in the NFL and have your $100 million HOF QB you claim you want to protect take straight drop backs all night?

Wonderful game plan by Chubbs Peterson Haley.

And now, as I said before the season, Yinzers all over the web are blaming Munchak.

He'll be the next fall guy.
Back to top Go down
SteelersYak

SteelersYak

PostSubject: Re: Big Ben stands behind Marcus Gilbert   Big Ben stands behind Marcus Gilbert EmptyThu Sep 18, 2014 6:56 am

Of course BR7 has his back, as he should, after TWO games. You have to use games like the Ravens in week TWO as a measuring stick to see where the team is. Gilbert goes against the Steelers D in practice and may look like an all-star. Why? Because as we're finding out, the Steelers D pass rush just might not be that good.

Give Gilbert a few games to see if he can right the ship.

Steelerella

PostSubject: Re: Big Ben stands behind Marcus Gilbert   Big Ben stands behind Marcus Gilbert EmptyThu Sep 18, 2014 9:57 am

I sure hope Gilbert will improve. He has been a turnstile. Remember how long it took Tomlin to sit Adams and he's back this year.

As soon as the DL comes around and as soon as Shazier and Jones learn more about the system, you will see more blitz by committee. It used to be a liability when you dropped Harrison or Foote into coverage. Now you can rush with any LB or cover with any LB. The issue right now is inexperience in the front 7. That simply takes time.
Back to top Go down
SteelersYak

SteelersYak

PostSubject: Re: Big Ben stands behind Marcus Gilbert   Big Ben stands behind Marcus Gilbert EmptyThu Sep 18, 2014 5:34 pm

Couldn't agree more Ella. I'm not hitting the panic button after week 2. I understand why some people have since it was such a bad loss to a team we hate that is in the division.

Drizztbob

PostSubject: Re: Big Ben stands behind Marcus Gilbert   Big Ben stands behind Marcus Gilbert EmptyThu Sep 18, 2014 5:34 pm

Well the idea IS for Ben to stand behind Gilbert, not be on his back looking up at him. Do your job big boy...

SteelersYak

SteelersYak

PostSubject: Re: Big Ben stands behind Marcus Gilbert   Big Ben stands behind Marcus Gilbert EmptyThu Sep 18, 2014 5:37 pm

Drizztbob wrote:
Well the idea IS for Ben to stand behind Gilbert, not be on his back looking up at him.  Do your job big boy...

Big Ben stands behind Marcus Gilbert 1549491426 Big Ben stands behind Marcus Gilbert 1664291743

Xtreme Newb
Tom_the_Torch

PostSubject: Re: Big Ben stands behind Marcus Gilbert   Big Ben stands behind Marcus Gilbert EmptyThu Sep 18, 2014 6:12 pm

He's not going to sit there and say the guy is horrible, that won't help the situation, just make it worse because then Gilbert and the rest of the line won't want to protect Ben.

Big Ben stands behind Marcus Gilbert Disposition_zps3e9f0204

"He had no teethe,and he was slobbering all over himself. I'm thinking, you can have your money back, just get me out of here. Let me go be an accountant. I can't tell you how badly I wanted out of here!" - John Elway after getting knocked out of his first career start by Jack Lambert

"If I could live my life over, I'd be a football player, and you damn well better believe I'd be a Pittsburgh Steeler!" - Jack Lambert in his Hall of Fame acceptance speech
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Big Ben stands behind Marcus Gilbert   Big Ben stands behind Marcus Gilbert Empty

Back to top Go down

Big Ben stands behind Marcus Gilbert
Page 1 of 1