Steelers Xtreme Forum

HomeCraig Wolfley on Willie Colon/Marcus Gilbert Home10RegisterLog inContact
Become a member of the Steelers Xtreme community to join in on the discussions and get access to members-only forums. Registering is free and easy.

Craig Wolfley on Willie Colon/Marcus Gilbert

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Buddha Bus

Buddha Bus

Craig Wolfley on Willie Colon/Marcus Gilbert Empty
PostSubject: Craig Wolfley on Willie Colon/Marcus Gilbert   Craig Wolfley on Willie Colon/Marcus Gilbert EmptyWed Aug 22, 2012 5:21 pm

“Pretty Good”
by CRAIG WOLFLEY on AUGUST 21, 2012 · LEAVE A COMMENT · in PERSONAL INTERVIEWS, STEELERS, STEELERS TRAINING CAMP, TUNCH & WOLF
I was jacked to set up on the sidelines for the pre-season Heinz Field home opener with the Steelers playing host to the Indianapolis Colts. Not because of Andrew Luck, or the return of Bruce Arians or anything like that. I wanted to see Willie Colon make his first start at guard.

All right, i suppose you can call me a Hogg sympathizer, or an offensive line snob, but i have followed Willie Colon’s career for quite some time and i have always believed he could play guard, and do it well. Sunday night, Big Willie didn’t disappoint.

On the openeing series for the Steelers they ran the ball with, i believe it was, Johnathan Dwyer carrying the pigskin that called for a double-team block on the frontside between Marcus Gilbert and Colon. 300 hundred plus pounds of Colts DT Tony Moala dug in versus about 700 pounds of Hogg-on-the-hoof as Willie acted as the post-man and Gilbert the hip banger with an eye to come off on a linebacker trying to run through.

Colon hit Moala square down the numbers and started to “crane” or lift Moala up from a low pad level. Gilbert, as the man who comes in from the side to bang the hip of Moala and double-team him out of the trenches didn’t get low enough but Marcus has plenty of strength, and he used it all.

(Read More:) http://craigwolfley.com/

Back to top Go down
fer69

fer69

PostSubject: Re: Craig Wolfley on Willie Colon/Marcus Gilbert   Craig Wolfley on Willie Colon/Marcus Gilbert EmptyWed Aug 22, 2012 6:18 pm

If he stays healthy and Starks stays healthy our Oline should be in the top 10 IMO

F@(k Wallace.. Throw it to Miller
Back to top Go down
vasteeler

vasteeler

PostSubject: Re: Craig Wolfley on Willie Colon/Marcus Gilbert   Craig Wolfley on Willie Colon/Marcus Gilbert EmptyThu Aug 23, 2012 10:11 am

agreed but i am hoping top 5 Craig Wolfley on Willie Colon/Marcus Gilbert 1414754481

"Zed's dead, baby. Zed's dead." - Butch
Back to top Go down
The Dude
Xtreme Newb

PostSubject: Re: Craig Wolfley on Willie Colon/Marcus Gilbert   Craig Wolfley on Willie Colon/Marcus Gilbert EmptyThu Aug 23, 2012 12:47 pm

agreed...the arrow is pointing up for the OL

I've especially liked what the interior of our line has shown so far. Pouncey continues to look amazing. DeCastro seems to be developing nicely. And Colon has looked great, especially at the second level.

We discussed this on our recent podcast...check it out
http://www.rooneyrants.com/2012/08/episode-13-preseason-week-2-vs-colts.html
Back to top Go down
Buddha Bus

Buddha Bus

PostSubject: Re: Craig Wolfley on Willie Colon/Marcus Gilbert   Craig Wolfley on Willie Colon/Marcus Gilbert EmptyFri Aug 24, 2012 7:37 am

The Dude wrote:
agreed...the arrow is pointing up for the OL

I've especially liked what the interior of our line has shown so far. Pouncey continues to look amazing. DeCastro seems to be developing nicely. And Colon has looked great, especially at the second level.

We discussed this on our recent podcast...check it out
http://www.rooneyrants.com/2012/08/episode-13-preseason-week-2-vs-colts.html

Yeah, the interior is looking good, but the outside is still looking suspect. Adams is clearly not ready at this point, Starks is still recovering, and Gilbert seems to have regressed a little. Hopefully they can stabilize the outside with Starks getting healthy and Gilbert getting himself together. The sky will be the limit if Gilbert and Starks can play like they did at their best last year and the interior keeps up the great work.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Craig Wolfley on Willie Colon/Marcus Gilbert   Craig Wolfley on Willie Colon/Marcus Gilbert Empty

Back to top Go down

Craig Wolfley on Willie Colon/Marcus Gilbert
Page 1 of 1