Steelers Xtreme Forum

HomeTodd Haley people  - Page 2 Home10RegisterLog inContact
Become a member of the Steelers Xtreme community to join in on the discussions and get access to members-only forums. Registering is free and easy.

Todd Haley people

Go down 
+3
Steelerella
SteelersYak
Crash
7 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Crash

Crash

Todd Haley people  - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Todd Haley people    Todd Haley people  - Page 2 EmptyFri Sep 19, 2014 9:01 pm

Quote :
That's not the same thing as the entire Pittsburgh media burying a story in order to cover up for the team, which you asserted in your earlier post.

Do you believe the local media, specifically the "old guard": Dulac, Bouchette, Cook, Collier, and Robinson knew Haley missed that flight?

And if you answer yes, then why did ALL OF THEM, fail to report it?
Back to top Go down
Wallace108

Wallace108

PostSubject: Re: Todd Haley people    Todd Haley people  - Page 2 EmptyFri Sep 19, 2014 9:11 pm

mrcrash wrote:
Quote :
That's not the same thing as the entire Pittsburgh media burying a story in order to cover up for the team, which you asserted in your earlier post.

Do you believe the local media, specifically the "old guard": Dulac, Bouchette, Cook, Collier, and Robinson knew Haley missed that flight?

And if you answer yes, then why did ALL OF THEM, fail to report it?

Who decides what gets reported and what doesn't?

If you're going to be a smart ass, you'd better be smart. Otherwise, you're just an ass.
Back to top Go down
http://www.steelersxtreme.com/
Crash

Crash

PostSubject: Re: Todd Haley people    Todd Haley people  - Page 2 EmptyFri Sep 19, 2014 9:19 pm

Quote :

On blogs? Like the one Robinson has? Robinson does.

Stories? Editors.

But Cook, and Smizik also appear on radio shows, and in Cook's case, television.

No editor to hind behind then.

Call it what it was, the old guard once again protecting Todd Haley because they knew his Daddy.

Back to top Go down
stlrtruck

stlrtruck

PostSubject: Re: Todd Haley people    Todd Haley people  - Page 2 EmptyFri Sep 19, 2014 10:34 pm

mrcrash wrote:
Don't blame me if you can't see that Todd Haley is a loser.  

He was a loser before he got here.  

And now he's turning this team into one.

Unlike you, I believe people deserve a certain amount of time to install their schemes. I typically give a coordinator 3 years. But unlike you, I can also see past the dislike I have for a specific coach and see if his schemes can work. I did it with Arians. Didn't like the hiring, but allowed him his time in Pittsburgh. It is my opinion that we won games in spite of his offense and if not for the defense, we would have lost a few more.

You can save your breath. I know you don't think it's true and no matter what happens on that field. IF it's good, then you'll give Ben the credit. IF it's bad, then you'll blame Haley. It's your MO.

1 NATION
STEELERS NATION Todd Haley people  - Page 2 3056903510

I am the MAN that created the MYTH that started the LEGEND

Don't choose good when greatness is available!
Back to top Go down
Wallace108

Wallace108

PostSubject: Re: Todd Haley people    Todd Haley people  - Page 2 EmptyFri Sep 19, 2014 11:34 pm

mrcrash wrote:
Quote :

On blogs? Like the one Robinson has?  Robinson does.  

Stories?  Editors.  

But Cook, and Smizik also appear on radio shows, and in Cook's case, television.

No editor to hind behind then.  

When a reporter appears on another medium, he still operates under the edict of the editor. If a reporter is told to hold or squash a story, he can't go on radio or TV and talk about it.

mrcrash wrote:
Call it what it was, the old guard once again protecting Todd Haley because they knew his Daddy.

Todd Haley people  - Page 2 1505004552

So did Bouchette or Cook call up Kaboly at the Trib and say: "Hey, I know you're younger and didn't know Todd's daddy, but we really liked him and wanna look out for his son. You know he's from Pittsburgh, right? And I know we're competitors, but we'd really appreciate it if you'd squash that story about Todd missing the plane."

Dude, seriously ... you have no clue how a sports desk operates. But your conspiracy theories are certainly entertaining. Todd Haley people  - Page 2 1664291743

If you're going to be a smart ass, you'd better be smart. Otherwise, you're just an ass.
Back to top Go down
Crash

Crash

PostSubject: Re: Todd Haley people    Todd Haley people  - Page 2 EmptyFri Sep 19, 2014 11:52 pm

Quote :
So did Bouchette or Cook call up Kaboly at the Trib and say: "Hey, I know you're younger and didn't know Todd's daddy, but we really liked him and wanna look out for his son. You know he's from Pittsburgh, right? And I know we're competitors, but we'd really appreciate it if you'd squash that story about Todd missing the plane."

Kaboly would protect him too. Because Haley has actually given Kaboly some one on one time, which has been pretty rare for most of the local media since Haley arrived.

Kaboly also has a personal disdain for Roethlisberger, including one night on Twitter when, perhaps in a drunken stupor he said he hated Ben, and the Steelers will never be "Ben's team".

He quickly deleted the tweets.
Back to top Go down
Wallace108

Wallace108

PostSubject: Re: Todd Haley people    Todd Haley people  - Page 2 EmptySat Sep 20, 2014 12:07 am

mrcrash wrote:
Kaboly would protect him too.  Because Haley has actually given Kaboly some one on one time, which has been pretty rare for most of the local media since Haley arrived.

Where do you get this stuff?

mrcrash wrote:
Kaboly also has a personal disdain for Roethlisberger, including one night on Twitter when, perhaps in a drunken stupor he said he hated Ben, and the Steelers will never be "Ben's team".  

He quickly deleted the tweets.  

OK, you knew this was coming ... source? Did you actually read the tweets yourself, or did you hear it from Madden?

Back to top Go down
Crash

Crash

PostSubject: Re: Todd Haley people    Todd Haley people  - Page 2 EmptySat Sep 20, 2014 12:21 am

Quote :
OK, you knew this was coming ... source? Did you actually read the tweets yourself, or did you hear it from Madden?

Yes. I was online when he did it. Saw the posts, I and others ripped him for it.
Back to top Go down
Bays

Bays

PostSubject: Re: Todd Haley people    Todd Haley people  - Page 2 EmptySat Sep 20, 2014 8:12 am

...source?

SteelersYak

PostSubject: Re: Todd Haley people    Todd Haley people  - Page 2 EmptySat Sep 20, 2014 8:42 am

Source?

Wallace108

PostSubject: Re: Todd Haley people    Todd Haley people  - Page 2 EmptySat Sep 20, 2014 5:14 pm

mrcrash wrote:
Yes.  I was online when he did it.  Saw the posts, I and others ripped him for it.

Fair enough. I must say though ... it's amazing how you always seem to have intimate knowledge of anything and everything. Can you tell me what I had for breakfast this morning? Todd Haley people  - Page 2 3798349058

------------------------------------------

Just a thought ...

I'm guessing everyone here, at one time or another, has had bathroom issues. Not too long ago I had to go in to work late because I couldn't stay out of the bathroom. I'm assuming we've all dealt with that. It's quite possible that something like that happened to Haley, and instead of embarrassing himself by saying what was happening, he said he got stuck in traffic.

Obviously, I'm just tossing out a scenario that could be possible. It's far more plausible than a widespread conspiracy among Rooney and everyone in the Pittsburgh media to protect Haley.

We have no idea if he was completely honest or if he used the traffic as an excuse. If his lateness was due to something he could control, then people are right to criticize him. But if it was something beyond his control, such as my hypothetical scenario, then there's no reason to criticize him. Without knowing for sure what happened, this story is nothing more than fuel for the Haley Haters to pile on.

Back to top Go down
Crash

Crash

PostSubject: Re: Todd Haley people    Todd Haley people  - Page 2 EmptySat Sep 20, 2014 5:20 pm

Like I said, either Haley's a loon or he and his family has the worst "luck" in the world.
Back to top Go down
Wallace108

Wallace108

PostSubject: Re: Todd Haley people    Todd Haley people  - Page 2 EmptySat Sep 20, 2014 5:24 pm

mrcrash wrote:
Like I said, either Haley's a loon or he and his family has the worst "luck" in the world.

At the end of the day, you very well could be right (about Haley, not the conspiracy). All I'm saying is that most of us have been late at one time or another for reasons that were beyond our control. Was Haley's lateness beyond his control? I have no idea. None of us do. All we have is speculation.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Todd Haley people    Todd Haley people  - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Todd Haley people
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2