Steelers Xtreme Forum

HomeGame Balls and Goats - Steelers vs Tampa Home10RegisterLog inContact
Become a member of the Steelers Xtreme community to join in on the discussions and get access to members-only forums. Registering is free and easy.

Game Balls and Goats - Steelers vs Tampa

Go down 
+4
SteelersYak
Drizztbob
Wallace108
Gingerchip
8 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Gingerchip

Gingerchip

Game Balls and Goats - Steelers vs Tampa Empty
PostSubject: Game Balls and Goats - Steelers vs Tampa   Game Balls and Goats - Steelers vs Tampa EmptySun Sep 28, 2014 3:10 pm

Ok.  I started this thread because I am hungry for info.  How the hell did we lose against these morons?

Someone please give a little explanation -- it sure would be appreciated!  Game Balls and Goats - Steelers vs Tampa 1735582540

Game Balls and Goats - Steelers vs Tampa We_bel10
Back to top Go down
Wallace108

Wallace108

PostSubject: Re: Game Balls and Goats - Steelers vs Tampa   Game Balls and Goats - Steelers vs Tampa EmptySun Sep 28, 2014 3:25 pm

Gingerchip wrote:
How the hell did we lose against these morons?

There are quite a few reasons, which I don't have time to get into. I'm sure some will take the easy way out and just blame Haley and LeBeau. But the reasons for the loss run much deeper. It a nutshell, it was a combination of bad play calling and poor execution. Especially in critical situations. It wasn't all bad ... there were some good things in this game. But there was too much bad. And in a loss, the bad is always going to outweigh the good.

Game Balls

Bell and Wheaton for doing what they're supposed to do and not making mistakes.

Goats

Everyone else. All players and all coaches. With special mention of Beachum and Cortez Allen.

Half Game Ball and Half Goat

Antonio Brown. With 2 touchdowns, I'm certainly not going to include him in the Goat list. But dropping that fleaflicker was huge. That could have put the game away. So he gets half a Game Ball and half a Goat.

If you're going to be a smart ass, you'd better be smart. Otherwise, you're just an ass.

Last edited by Wallace108 on Sun Sep 28, 2014 3:33 pm; edited 3 times in total
Back to top Go down
http://www.steelersxtreme.com/
Drizztbob

Drizztbob

PostSubject: Re: Game Balls and Goats - Steelers vs Tampa   Game Balls and Goats - Steelers vs Tampa EmptySun Sep 28, 2014 3:29 pm

Game Balls:
Ben: Missed a couple of open receivers, but tried his ass off to win the game. No huddle was working great till it was pulled in favor of time management
AB: Missed one pass downfield, but as usual, steady eddie.

Goats:
Entire defense: No pass rush, secondary looked beyond weak
Haley: Pussy play calling in the 4th quarter
Cortez Allen: ANOTHER shitty game. Totally not worth the money we gave him
Brad Wing: When we needed him the most to justify his job, after everyone else shit the bed, he was our last line of defense, and he let us down with a 25 yard punt.
Steelers: For losing to the worst team in the NFL and once again, playing down to the level of their opponents. (Raiders, Titans last year) Which will come back and haunt us week 16.

SteelersYak

SteelersYak

PostSubject: Re: Game Balls and Goats - Steelers vs Tampa   Game Balls and Goats - Steelers vs Tampa EmptySun Sep 28, 2014 5:24 pm

Game balls:
AB (yea, I'm still REALLY bitter about the drop but he did his job for the most part)
Heath (Dude made some catches while getting punished.
BR7 (he missed some throws but hung in there after taking multiple hits)

Goats:
Defense (minus an injury on a route, we failed to get pressure or a turnover)
Offensive line (rendered useless)
Brad Wing (YOU HAD ONE JOB!!)

solardave

PostSubject: Re: Game Balls and Goats - Steelers vs Tampa   Game Balls and Goats - Steelers vs Tampa EmptySun Sep 28, 2014 11:37 pm

Game Balls: Ben because he played hard and took his lumps.
Heath: solid as usual.
1/2 to AB because not only did he drop a probable TD but the stupid celebration that cost us 15 yards. Also that second TD didn't get called but he pushed off bigtime.

Goats: Wing and Allen. You still here?
O-line and D-line. WTH is an Illegal snap?

Poor tackling, piss poor pass blocking and no run blocking in the second half. Way to many penalties,period!

We were 3rd and five with a little over a minute left,they're stuffing the run by now every time so why did Haley call a run play. If Ben completes it for a first down the game is pretty much over and we don't half to rely on a lousy punter who SUCKS!!!! We would win ugly but at least like Drizz said this game wouldn't haunt us later.
Back to top Go down
Gingerchip

Gingerchip

PostSubject: Re: Game Balls and Goats - Steelers vs Tampa   Game Balls and Goats - Steelers vs Tampa EmptySun Sep 28, 2014 11:57 pm

Dave,

I was just reading that Tomlin didn't quite understand an "illegal snap" either......Welcome to Goodell's new league.

Doesn't Brown always do a TD dance -- his famous "Bennie Wiggle"???? Was it the ball spinning that made it illegal?

This league is no fun anymore.

Back to top Go down
solardave

solardave

PostSubject: Re: Game Balls and Goats - Steelers vs Tampa   Game Balls and Goats - Steelers vs Tampa EmptyMon Sep 29, 2014 12:08 am

Gingerchip wrote:
Dave,

I was just reading that Tomlin didn't quite understand an "illegal snap" either......Welcome to Goodell's new league.

Doesn't Brown always do a TD dance -- his famous "Bennie Wiggle"????  Was it the ball spinning that made it illegal?

This league is no fun anymore.

I'm OK with the wiggle. He spun the ball and then fell on the ground which made it excessive I guess.
Back to top Go down
kirklandrules

kirklandrules

PostSubject: Re: Game Balls and Goats - Steelers vs Tampa   Game Balls and Goats - Steelers vs Tampa EmptyMon Sep 29, 2014 8:21 am

Game Balls:

None

Goats:

Coaches to the punter, everyone did their part to lose this game.
Back to top Go down
Steelerella

Steelerella

PostSubject: Re: Game Balls and Goats - Steelers vs Tampa   Game Balls and Goats - Steelers vs Tampa EmptyMon Sep 29, 2014 12:57 pm

Our scheme on defense needs to change. Need to play a more conservative, bend but don't break defense. We seem to not have the personnel to get a legitimate pass rush going and Lebeau keeps drawing up these blitzes that leave our corners and LBs one on one. It may also benefit to take one of the MLB's off the field and start plugging in Shamarko (Where is he anyway?) to cover TEs on long down situations. Steelers stay in base defense regardless of the down and distance and that irritates the crap out of me.

Haley needs to make some adjustments. I would like to see some off tackle runs, get something going where they stretch the defense out instead of running draws and effing dives and plunges. Need to start understanding their weaknesses and playing to them. Beachum is not a legitimate starting LT, he needs help and it's rarely given to him. Stop going 5 wide and leaving him on an island, it's not necessary. Lastly, why the F is Blount not getting the ball? I simply don't get it. He has the power and vision to get the tough yards when we need it. I like Bell as a starter but Blount needs to get some more touches as well as playing them together out of the backfield, this way you have to respect the run and the pass. Before I forget, grow some balls and throw on 3rd down to win the game!

Back to top Go down
SteelersYak

SteelersYak

PostSubject: Re: Game Balls and Goats - Steelers vs Tampa   Game Balls and Goats - Steelers vs Tampa EmptyMon Sep 29, 2014 1:12 pm

I completely agree that we need to do something different on defense. The schemes may work, but we just don't have the personnel to execute it. It always seems like other teams get so much more pressure than we do, and I don't know if that's skewed perception or reality. DBs can't be expected to cover receivers for 20 seconds ( Game Balls and Goats - Steelers vs Tampa 1072540953 )

Wallace108

PostSubject: Re: Game Balls and Goats - Steelers vs Tampa   Game Balls and Goats - Steelers vs Tampa EmptyMon Sep 29, 2014 1:17 pm

SteelersYak wrote:
I completely agree that we need to do something different on defense.  The schemes may work, but we just don't have the personnel to execute it.  It always seems like other teams get so much more pressure than we do, and I don't know if that's skewed perception or reality.  DBs can't be expected to cover receivers for 20 seconds ( Game Balls and Goats - Steelers vs Tampa 1072540953 )

Bingo.

There's a reason why fans would rather have Big Ben than Kordell Stewart. Talent matters. Players aren't interchangeable pieces that you can insert into a scheme at will and expect the same results.

If you're going to be a smart ass, you'd better be smart. Otherwise, you're just an ass.
Back to top Go down
Crash

Crash

PostSubject: Re: Game Balls and Goats - Steelers vs Tampa   Game Balls and Goats - Steelers vs Tampa EmptyMon Sep 29, 2014 1:21 pm

Quote :
There's a reason why fans would rather have Big Ben than Kordell Stewart.

Art II wouldn't. Kordell has done nothing but bad mouth the city, the fan base, and called every owner in the NFL a racist after not giving him another chance to start.

And Art II actually ALLOWED HIM to "retire" a Steeler.

I would have told him to get bent.
Back to top Go down
Wallace108

Wallace108

PostSubject: Re: Game Balls and Goats - Steelers vs Tampa   Game Balls and Goats - Steelers vs Tampa EmptyMon Sep 29, 2014 1:22 pm

mrcrash wrote:
Quote :
There's a reason why fans would rather have Big Ben than Kordell Stewart.

Art II wouldn't.  Kordell has done nothing but bad mouth the city, the fan base, and called every owner in the NFL a racist after not giving him another chance to start.  

And Art II actually ALLOWED HIM to "retire" a Steeler.  

I would have told him to get bent.

I was talking purely from a talent standpoint.

Back to top Go down
SteelersYak

SteelersYak

PostSubject: Re: Game Balls and Goats - Steelers vs Tampa   Game Balls and Goats - Steelers vs Tampa EmptyMon Sep 29, 2014 1:25 pm

mrcrash wrote:
Art II wouldn't.  

Source?

Gingerchip

PostSubject: Re: Game Balls and Goats - Steelers vs Tampa   Game Balls and Goats - Steelers vs Tampa EmptyMon Sep 29, 2014 2:49 pm

Quote :
Talent matters. Players aren't interchangeable pieces that you can insert into a scheme at will and expect the same results.

100% agree

And you see this on every single team, at one time or another, in the NFL

Back to top Go down
Crash

Crash

PostSubject: Re: Game Balls and Goats - Steelers vs Tampa   Game Balls and Goats - Steelers vs Tampa EmptyMon Sep 29, 2014 3:24 pm

Keisel was the lowest graded defender yesterday:

41 snaps.

Truitt?

Moats was in camp all pre-season, and was our alleged starter yesterday.

And yet on the final drive James Harrison who was signed last week, was on the field.

Time to go Dick.
Back to top Go down
Steelerella

Steelerella

PostSubject: Re: Game Balls and Goats - Steelers vs Tampa   Game Balls and Goats - Steelers vs Tampa EmptyMon Sep 29, 2014 7:31 pm

mrcrash wrote:

And yet on the final drive James Harrison who was signed last week, was on the field.  

I have to agree with you here, Crash. Moats IMO is the best player on defense. I thought putting Harrison in over him was a huge mistake.
Back to top Go down
kirklandrules

kirklandrules

PostSubject: Re: Game Balls and Goats - Steelers vs Tampa   Game Balls and Goats - Steelers vs Tampa EmptyWed Oct 01, 2014 9:24 am

Steelerella wrote:
mrcrash wrote:

I have to agree with you here, Crash. Moats IMO is the best player on defense. I thought putting Harrison in over him was a huge mistake.

I disagree. I'm not assuming why Moats wasn't on the field during the last drive. Do we know that Moats didn't take himself out of the game for any number of reasons? Also, I wasn't aware that Dick LeBeau got into individual substitutions during the game. If there was a decision made to replace Moats with Harrison, I'd expect that to come from Butler, the LB coach. Is it time for him to go as well?
Back to top Go down
Steelerella

Steelerella

PostSubject: Re: Game Balls and Goats - Steelers vs Tampa   Game Balls and Goats - Steelers vs Tampa EmptyWed Oct 01, 2014 9:58 am

kirklandrules wrote:
Steelerella wrote:
mrcrash wrote:

I disagree. I'm not assuming why Moats wasn't on the field during the last drive. Do we know that Moats didn't take himself out of the game for any number of reasons? Also, I wasn't aware that Dick LeBeau got into individual substitutions during the game. If there was a decision made to replace Moats with Harrison, I'd expect that to come from Butler, the LB coach. Is it time for him to go as well?

I respect your opinion and we can agree to disagree. Moats is a player that should be on the field more, not be taken off 15+ times a game. Harrison should not be taking snaps away from him. Play Harrison opposite of Moats to give him more snaps.
Back to top Go down
Crash

Crash

PostSubject: Re: Game Balls and Goats - Steelers vs Tampa   Game Balls and Goats - Steelers vs Tampa EmptyWed Oct 01, 2014 10:22 am

kirklandrules wrote:
Steelerella wrote:
mrcrash wrote:

Mitchell, Butler, LeBeau can all take a hike.

ALL OF THEM.

Too old, too set in their ways, and too late to change them.

Old, stale, stagnant.

Get a young DC (I still say if it's HIS call Tomlin will hire Raheem Morris), move Porter to LB coach, hire a defensive line coach.

I would keep Lake as secondary coach.
Back to top Go down
kirklandrules

kirklandrules

PostSubject: Re: Game Balls and Goats - Steelers vs Tampa   Game Balls and Goats - Steelers vs Tampa EmptyWed Oct 01, 2014 10:41 am

Steelerella wrote:
I respect your opinion and we can agree to disagree. Moats is a player that should be on the field more, not be taken off 15+ times a game. Harrison should not be taking snaps away from him. Play Harrison opposite of Moats to give him more snaps.

I actually do agree with your thinking, just saying that I don't know why they rotated and why Harrison was on the field at the end. I truly believe the coaches will play the best people to win the game. They have their reasons, which might make all the sense in the world, I just don't know those reasons.

I doubt it's because the coaches suck, don't know what they're doing, play their favorites, etc. Those coaches don't last long in this league.
Back to top Go down
Crash

Crash

PostSubject: Re: Game Balls and Goats - Steelers vs Tampa   Game Balls and Goats - Steelers vs Tampa EmptyWed Oct 01, 2014 10:58 am

The rotation was planned from the start. Not a secret.

The fact that HARRISON was on the field on the final drive is simply because he's LeBeau's boy.

Back to top Go down
SteelersYak

SteelersYak

PostSubject: Re: Game Balls and Goats - Steelers vs Tampa   Game Balls and Goats - Steelers vs Tampa EmptyWed Oct 01, 2014 12:58 pm

mrcrash wrote:
The rotation was planned from the start.  Not a secret.  

The fact that HARRISON was on the field on the final drive is simply because he's LeBeau's boy.  

Game Balls and Goats - Steelers vs Tampa 131594301126

Crash

PostSubject: Re: Game Balls and Goats - Steelers vs Tampa   Game Balls and Goats - Steelers vs Tampa EmptyWed Oct 01, 2014 1:12 pm

No it's fact.

And if it isn't? And LeBeau would rather have a guy who wasn't in camp, and retired 4 weeks ago on the field over a guy who was there all off season and preseason? Then Moats needs to be cut too.

If he can't beat a guy out who retired a month ago in crucial situations? Cut him.
Back to top Go down
kirklandrules

kirklandrules

PostSubject: Re: Game Balls and Goats - Steelers vs Tampa   Game Balls and Goats - Steelers vs Tampa EmptyWed Oct 01, 2014 1:22 pm

mrcrash wrote:
No it's fact.   

Source please.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Game Balls and Goats - Steelers vs Tampa   Game Balls and Goats - Steelers vs Tampa Empty

Back to top Go down

Game Balls and Goats - Steelers vs Tampa
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next