Steelers Xtreme Forum

HomeRoethlisberger stands by promise Home10RegisterLog inContact
Become a member of the Steelers Xtreme community to join in on the discussions and get access to members-only forums. Registering is free and easy.

Roethlisberger stands by promise

Go down 
+2
stlrtruck
Wallace108
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Wallace108

Wallace108

Roethlisberger stands by promise Empty
PostSubject: Roethlisberger stands by promise   Roethlisberger stands by promise EmptyFri Jul 22, 2011 1:16 am

By Scott Brown, PITTSBURGH TRIBUNE-REVIEW
Friday, July 22, 2011
Among testimonials to Ben Roethlisberger's vowed change in behavior and image, the Rev. Bruce Cote's stands above the rest.

"In a day and age when it is so much easier to go down a different road, Ben has chosen to go God's way," said Cote, senior associate pastor and interim lead pastor at Christ Church at Grove Farm in Ohio Township. "He sets a wonderful example for children. He is a good role model, and he is doing it God's way. He has proven he has changed."

Roethlisberger plans to marry New Castle native Ashley Harlan, 26, on Saturday at Christ Church, almost seven years after he burst onto the Pittsburgh scene as the Steelers' rookie quarterback — and set the stage for his rise and fall from grace.

Had people been polled a year ago about the least likely things to happen in 2011, Roethlisberger getting married probably would have fallen somewhere between the Pirates becoming baseball's hottest story and Facebook driving a revolution in Egypt.

His image had been tarnished and his career put in jeopardy after a second sexual assault allegation in two years. He vowed to change.

Based on interviews with friends and critics, it seems as though Roethlisberger has made good on his promise.

The Steelers have generated troubling headlines this offseason. None have come because of Roethlisberger.

Read more: Steelers' Roethlisberger stands by promise - Pittsburgh Tribune-Review http://www.pittsburghlive.com/x/pittsburghtrib/sports/steelers/s_747910.html#ixzz1SoB8EYfN

If you're going to be a smart ass, you'd better be smart. Otherwise, you're just an ass.
Back to top Go down
http://www.steelersxtreme.com/
stlrtruck

stlrtruck

PostSubject: Re: Roethlisberger stands by promise   Roethlisberger stands by promise EmptyFri Jul 22, 2011 9:03 am

Words these days mean nothing
Actions say everything...

So I'll withhold judgment until after his actions on and off the field prove he's a man of his word.

I do believe that his wedding will go a long way in changing his behavior.

1 NATION
STEELERS NATION Roethlisberger stands by promise 3056903510

I am the MAN that created the MYTH that started the LEGEND

Don't choose good when greatness is available!
Back to top Go down
siss
Xtreme Newb

PostSubject: Re: Roethlisberger stands by promise   Roethlisberger stands by promise EmptyFri Jul 22, 2011 9:26 am

Im in mourning!
Back to top Go down
Wallace108

Wallace108

PostSubject: Re: Roethlisberger stands by promise   Roethlisberger stands by promise EmptyFri Jul 22, 2011 12:00 pm

siss wrote:
Im in mourning!

Roethlisberger stands by promise 2929500677

Roethlisberger stands by promise 1797695198

I was skeptical when Ben got all religious last year and said he was turning his life around. But so far, he appears to be on right track. Let's hope he doesn't take any detours.

If you're going to be a smart ass, you'd better be smart. Otherwise, you're just an ass.
Back to top Go down
vasteeler

vasteeler

PostSubject: Re: Roethlisberger stands by promise   Roethlisberger stands by promise EmptyFri Jul 22, 2011 2:04 pm

the thing to me is, this kind of an article should never have had to be written. ben has never done anything to warrant having to explain his every move and make promises. he has a terrible reputation over some accusations that anyone could make. he is guilty of nothing other than partying too much and being a pussy hound. the guy is worth a hundred million dollars, has taken his team to three superbowls winning two and is not yet thirty. i would be parting my ass off too. i actually feel sorry for ben (well as much as i can for a guy worth a hundred mil) i dont think he should have to deal with all this. i only know the ben they show on tv but to me he seems like a great guy

disclaimer: if it turns out he is guilty i take all this back Roethlisberger stands by promise 1797695198
Back to top Go down
stlrtruck

stlrtruck

PostSubject: Re: Roethlisberger stands by promise   Roethlisberger stands by promise EmptyFri Jul 22, 2011 2:12 pm

vasteeler wrote:
the thing to me is, this kind of an article should never have had to be written. ben has never done anything to warrant having to explain his every move and make promises. he has a terrible reputation over some accusations that anyone could make. he is guilty of nothing other than partying too much and being a pussy hound. the guy is worth a hundred million dollars, has taken his team to three superbowls winning two and is not yet thirty. i would be parting my ass off too. i actually feel sorry for ben (well as much as i can for a guy worth a hundred mil) i dont think he should have to deal with all this. i only know the ben they show on tv but to me he seems like a great guy

disclaimer: if it turns out he is guilty i take all this back Roethlisberger stands by promise 1797695198

True, but unfortunately because of his position in society, our society places a different standard on him. Therefore, every move he makes is going to be scrutinized, whether it be a good or bad move.

1 NATION
STEELERS NATION Roethlisberger stands by promise 3056903510

I am the MAN that created the MYTH that started the LEGEND

Don't choose good when greatness is available!
Back to top Go down
Wallace108

Wallace108

PostSubject: Re: Roethlisberger stands by promise   Roethlisberger stands by promise EmptyFri Jul 22, 2011 2:41 pm

vasteeler wrote:

I have to disagree, Va. It's not just about the sexual assault allegations. I don't think he was a good guy at all. There are a lot of stories around the Burgh of Ben acting like a complete ass, even when alcohol wasn't involved. He even alluded to the fact that he allowed the fame and success to go to his head, and it changed him. So I think he just needed to get a little more grounded, which he seems to have done.

Back to top Go down
SteelCityMom

SteelCityMom

PostSubject: Re: Roethlisberger stands by promise   Roethlisberger stands by promise EmptyFri Jul 22, 2011 7:02 pm

Don't you guys know...he only got accused because he spoke out against 9/11.

Duh.

Wallace108

Wallace108

PostSubject: Re: Roethlisberger stands by promise   Roethlisberger stands by promise EmptySat Jul 23, 2011 12:05 am

SteelCityMom wrote:

Duh.

Don't make me have to thumper you! Roethlisberger stands by promise 2625562446

Roethlisberger stands by promise 1797695198

Back to top Go down
Buddha Bus

Buddha Bus

PostSubject: Re: Roethlisberger stands by promise   Roethlisberger stands by promise EmptySun Jul 24, 2011 8:37 am

SteelCityMom wrote:

Duh.

Thump, thump, tssshhh! Roethlisberger stands by promise 1797695198

Roethlisberger stands by promise Rim-shot-johnny-utah

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Roethlisberger stands by promise   Roethlisberger stands by promise Empty

Back to top Go down

Roethlisberger stands by promise
Page 1 of 1