Steelers Xtreme Forum

HomeSteelers Fever alumni: A question - Page 6 Home10RegisterLog inContact
Become a member of the Steelers Xtreme community to join in on the discussions and get access to members-only forums. Registering is free and easy.

Steelers Fever alumni: A question

Go down 
+22
vasteeler
tony hipchest
Steeler Zach
BlackAndGold
Gingerchip
Master_Of_Puppets
fer69
JonM229
jak341
Bays
Bane
Drizztbob
Wallace108
harrison'samonster
tube517
pancake
Mach1
teegre
Lokki
Galax Steeler
SteelersYak
Buddha Bus
26 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
AuthorMessage
Pappy
Xtreme Newb
Pappy

Steelers Fever alumni: A question - Page 6 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Steelers Fever alumni: A question   Steelers Fever alumni: A question - Page 6 EmptyFri Apr 24, 2015 12:23 pm

Buddha Bus wrote:
Do any of you know how to contact these people from SF?:

Hawaii 5-0
pczach
Bane
Blacksburg Zach
Pappy
NSMaster
Steelers5895

We need to try to get the word out to them about SX. If you know how to contact them, either let them know or me know so we can pass the word on. If you think of anyone else who should be on this list, feel free to post their name here.

And yes.... I was kidding about that last name. Steelers Fever alumni: A question - Page 6 3798349058
the old fuck is here! Has been for a little while. But thanks for thinking about me!
Back to top Go down
Buddha Bus

Buddha Bus

PostSubject: Re: Steelers Fever alumni: A question   Steelers Fever alumni: A question - Page 6 EmptyFri Apr 24, 2015 12:25 pm

Pappy wrote:
Buddha Bus wrote:

Hawaii 5-0
pczach
Bane
Blacksburg Zach
Pappy
NSMaster
Steelers5895

We need to try to get the word out to them about SX. If you know how to contact them, either let them know or me know so we can pass the word on. If you think of anyone else who should be on this list, feel free to post their name here.

And yes.... I was kidding about that last name. Steelers Fever alumni: A question - Page 6 3798349058
 the old fuck is here! Has been for a little while. But thanks for thinking about me!

Yeah, I know Pappy! Welcome! I posted that before you got here. Just trying to find as many stragglers as possible. Glad you made it! Steelers Fever alumni: A question - Page 6 230572241

Back to top Go down
Lokki
Jerkimus Maximus
Lokki

PostSubject: Re: Steelers Fever alumni: A question   Steelers Fever alumni: A question - Page 6 EmptyFri Apr 24, 2015 2:11 pm

Buddha Bus wrote:

Good ol' Hairpes! (pronounced hare-peece) Steelers Fever alumni: A question - Page 6 1664291743

Steelers Fever alumni: A question - Page 6 Hqdefault
Back to top Go down
Galax Steeler

Galax Steeler

PostSubject: Re: Steelers Fever alumni: A question   Steelers Fever alumni: A question - Page 6 EmptySat Apr 25, 2015 7:17 am

Buddha Bus wrote:
Pappy wrote:
Buddha Bus wrote:

Hawaii 5-0
pczach
Bane
Blacksburg Zach
Pappy
NSMaster
Steelers5895

I thought Blacksburgh Zach was here!

Yeah, I know Pappy! Welcome! I posted that before you got here. Just trying to find as many stragglers as possible. Glad you made it! Steelers Fever alumni: A question - Page 6 230572241

Wallace108

PostSubject: Re: Steelers Fever alumni: A question   Steelers Fever alumni: A question - Page 6 EmptyMon Apr 27, 2015 2:50 pm

Buddha Bus wrote:
I'm not sure what got deleted. I haven't been back to SU since they banned (and then unbanned) me. Wouldn't surprise me if it was the Braintrust. I heard through the grapevine that the Halfway House (Night Owls hangout) was still there, but more or less withered and died once Wally and I left. Not sure if it's still active or not.

It's weird that we were just discussing the state of the groups. As of a few days ago, all the groups are now gone. It looks like they disabled the groups feature. The best I can figure out is that they were having some problems with some posters in one of the groups, and since all the other groups were inactive, they decided to do away with them all. That's my guess based on the timing.

Whatever the case, that sucks. Although it was inactive, we spent a hell of a lot of blood, sweat, and beers building that group. While there's no denying that a lot of it was drunken nonsense, there was a lot of comedy gold there. Every once in awhile it was fun to go back through some of the threads and reminisce. I always got a chuckle. So now in the span of a few weeks, the House at Fever and the House at SU have been wiped out. No

It's like we never existed. Which is probably better for everyone. Steelers Fever alumni: A question - Page 6 1797695198

If you're going to be a smart ass, you'd better be smart. Otherwise, you're just an ass.
Back to top Go down
http://www.steelersxtreme.com/
Buddha Bus

Buddha Bus

PostSubject: Re: Steelers Fever alumni: A question   Steelers Fever alumni: A question - Page 6 EmptyMon Apr 27, 2015 4:39 pm

Wallace108 wrote:
Buddha Bus wrote:
I'm not sure what got deleted. I haven't been back to SU since they banned (and then unbanned) me. Wouldn't surprise me if it was the Braintrust. I heard through the grapevine that the Halfway House (Night Owls hangout) was still there, but more or less withered and died once Wally and I left. Not sure if it's still active or not.

It's weird that we were just discussing the state of the groups. As of a few days ago, all the groups are now gone. It looks like they disabled the groups feature. The best I can figure out is that they were having some problems with some posters in one of the groups, and since all the other groups were inactive, they decided to do away with them all. That's my guess based on the timing.

Whatever the case, that sucks. Although it was inactive, we spent a hell of a lot of blood, sweat, and beers building that group. While there's no denying that a lot of it was drunken nonsense, there was a lot of comedy gold there. Every once in awhile it was fun to go back through some of the threads and reminisce. I always got a chuckle. So now in the span of a few weeks, the House at Fever and the House at SU have been wiped out. No

It's like we never existed. Which is probably better for everyone. Steelers Fever alumni: A question - Page 6 1797695198

Well, as we know, none of us will probably ever see the SF House any longer. I personally haven't seen the SU House in years nor had any plans to.

So.... the way I see it, we're just gonna have to carve out some new history right here at SX. We don't need a special group hidden "in the basement" either. It's sad that some of those hysterical moments are lost forever. We had some great times at the other places, but that doesn't mean we can't continue blazing some zany trails right here. And if it disappears... it's all Wally's fault! Steelers Fever alumni: A question - Page 6 3798349058

That said, I did hear a tale whilst out riding after the demise of the Houses..... advices report that sometime later, an unidentified person snuck into the graveyard and chiseled an inscription. The epitaph read only one word... 'Pals'. Steelers Fever alumni: A question - Page 6 2811592063

Back to top Go down
IowaSteeler927

IowaSteeler927

PostSubject: Re: Steelers Fever alumni: A question   Steelers Fever alumni: A question - Page 6 EmptyTue Apr 28, 2015 8:17 am

Buddha Bus wrote:
Wallace108 wrote:
Buddha Bus wrote:

Well, as we know, none of us will probably ever see the SF House any longer. I personally haven't seen the SU House in years nor had any plans to.

So.... the way I see it, we're just gonna have to carve out some new history right here at SX. We don't need a special group hidden "in the basement" either. It's sad that some of those hysterical moments are lost forever. We had some great times at the other places, but that doesn't mean we can't continue blazing some zany trails right here. And if it disappears... it's all Wally's fault! Steelers Fever alumni: A question - Page 6 3798349058

That said, I did hear a tale whilst out riding after the demise of the Houses..... advices report that sometime later, an unidentified person snuck into the graveyard and chiseled an inscription. The epitaph read only one word... 'Pals'. Steelers Fever alumni: A question - Page 6 2811592063

Man if money wasn't an object to me though... I'd of bought the rights to the forum, even for the ridiculous $5,000 asking price just to keep it open. Just sucks that some jerkoff with zero interest in the Steelers owned the site. To me, if you're not interested in the team your forum represents, you shouldn't own it.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyGLM8goxBzHK5YBJBS9uaQ
harrison'samonster

harrison'samonster

PostSubject: Re: Steelers Fever alumni: A question   Steelers Fever alumni: A question - Page 6 EmptyTue Apr 28, 2015 8:41 am

the dinosaur egg that was carried into my yard by the river is sure to hatch any day

PostSubject: Re: Steelers Fever alumni: A question   Steelers Fever alumni: A question - Page 6 EmptyTue Apr 28, 2015 9:45 am

Buddha Bus wrote:

i love this.

. .
Back to top Go down
Gingerchip

Gingerchip

PostSubject: Re: Steelers Fever alumni: A question   Steelers Fever alumni: A question - Page 6 EmptyTue Apr 28, 2015 11:15 am

wallace108 wrote:

Ok, I can't help but ask, what groups are you guys talking about?

Underground, subversive type stuff?? Steelers Fever alumni: A question - Page 6 1797695198

Steelers Fever alumni: A question - Page 6 We_bel10
Back to top Go down
JonM229

JonM229

PostSubject: Re: Steelers Fever alumni: A question   Steelers Fever alumni: A question - Page 6 EmptyTue Apr 28, 2015 12:01 pm

Gingerchip wrote:
wallace108 wrote:

Underground, subversive type stuff?? Steelers Fever alumni: A question - Page 6 1797695198

It was basically an S&M club for leather bears, and I'm not talking about the animal.

"Ray Rice is special.  He is a guy for all situations, as I have said before, even in an elevator." -Mike Tomlin
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/jonmilles
Buddha Bus

Buddha Bus

PostSubject: Re: Steelers Fever alumni: A question   Steelers Fever alumni: A question - Page 6 EmptyTue Apr 28, 2015 12:17 pm

Gingerchip wrote:
wallace108 wrote:

SF and SU both had private group functions at those boards where you could invite people to come and hang out to discuss whatever you wanted. It was not on the open board. You had to go to the groups section under the members heading. Some were closed groups and some were open membership. The Night Owls and Braintrust were 2 of those groups, both of which happened to run afoul of the law at one of those sites. Steelers Fever alumni: A question - Page 6 3798349058

The Night Owls kind of adopted an outlaw theme and incorporated a lot of "Young Guns" mythos into their schtick. Thus the "Young Guns" quotes and talk of "pals". SX even bears a lot of that in the theme/look of the site. That's where the renegade/outlaw/Wild West thing comes from.

Back to top Go down
Vis

Vis

PostSubject: Re: Steelers Fever alumni: A question   Steelers Fever alumni: A question - Page 6 EmptyTue Apr 28, 2015 12:55 pm

Buddha Bus wrote:
Gingerchip wrote:
wallace108 wrote:

SF and SU both had private group functions at those boards where you could invite people to come and hang out to discuss whatever you wanted. It was not on the open board. You had to go to the groups section under the members heading. Some were closed groups and some were open membership. The Night Owls and Braintrust were 2 of those groups, both of which happened to run afoul of the law at one of those sites. Steelers Fever alumni: A question - Page 6 3798349058

The Night Owls kind of adopted an outlaw theme and incorporated a lot of "Young Guns" mythos into their schtick. Thus the "Young Guns" quotes and talk of "pals". SX even bears a lot of that in the theme/look of the site. That's where the renegade/outlaw/Wild West thing comes from.

was there a Braintrust on both?

The Circle Jerk was the ultimate group

PostSubject: Re: Steelers Fever alumni: A question   Steelers Fever alumni: A question - Page 6 EmptyTue Apr 28, 2015 1:03 pm

Buddha Bus wrote:

thus i left that place in a "blaze of glory".  youre welcome. Steelers Fever alumni: A question - Page 6 2276209185

the best thing about this board is that it keeps that same fun free spirit and theme.  we are all friends here.

i was just in the lincoln co courthouse and tungstalls store a few months ago.  the main street through lincoln still looks very much like as depicted in the movie (except that its paved).

. .

Last edited by tony hipchest on Tue Apr 28, 2015 1:07 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
tony hipchest

PostSubject: Re: Steelers Fever alumni: A question   Steelers Fever alumni: A question - Page 6 EmptyTue Apr 28, 2015 1:06 pm

Vis wrote:

was there a Braintrust on both?  

yes, and yes.

i miss the fantasy troll draft and banned member pool.

. .
Back to top Go down
Wallace108

Wallace108

PostSubject: Re: Steelers Fever alumni: A question   Steelers Fever alumni: A question - Page 6 EmptyTue Apr 28, 2015 1:48 pm

Buddha Bus wrote:

Yep. And that also explains the Regulator tags instead of Mod/Admin tags in case anyone was wondering. Regulators, mount up! Steelers Fever alumni: A question - Page 6 2811592063

At 0:20 ... Steelers Fever alumni: A question - Page 6 2981382511 Steelers Fever alumni: A question - Page 6 1797695198

If you're going to be a smart ass, you'd better be smart. Otherwise, you're just an ass.

Last edited by Wallace108 on Tue Apr 28, 2015 1:52 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
http://www.steelersxtreme.com/
Lokki
Jerkimus Maximus
Lokki

PostSubject: Re: Steelers Fever alumni: A question   Steelers Fever alumni: A question - Page 6 EmptyTue Apr 28, 2015 1:49 pm

Vis wrote:

I think that was Circle of Jerks.. but yeah, it was pretty epic.
Back to top Go down
Buddha Bus

Buddha Bus

PostSubject: Re: Steelers Fever alumni: A question   Steelers Fever alumni: A question - Page 6 EmptyTue Apr 28, 2015 2:27 pm

Lokki wrote:
Vis wrote:

I think that was Circle of Jerks.. but yeah, it was pretty epic.  

The Circle of Jerks really was a lot like The Halfway House. In fact, originally I was just going to knock the dust off the old House at SF when starting the CoJ group. It just didn't seem right to do it without the SX gang (plus it would have been sacrilege Steelers Fever alumni: A question - Page 6 1797695198). Without guys like Wally, Truck, and vasteeler, it would have been all Van Hagar-y.

Now I feel like The Herd is the perfect moniker for this special group. Wally and I long debated the Night Owls name outliving it's usefulness as it made it sound as if only late-nighters were allowed or part of the group. We always preached inclusiveness and involvement and went with The Halfway House later. Even that made it seem as though only drinkers were allowed which is far from true. We were just too lazy to find another name. Steelers Fever alumni: A question - Page 6 1797695198

Leave it to an unexpected source to crown us with the Herd name. It was eerily similar to how the Braintrust were christened by a very notorious and (extremely bitter) Sleestak. Besides.... doesn't The Herd just feel right in a western-themed message board based on football somehow?  Steelers Fever alumni: A question - Page 6 2981382511

Oh.... and I think The Halfway House may be cursed AND haunted anyway! Steelers Fever alumni: A question - Page 6 3798349058

Back to top Go down
Vis

Vis

PostSubject: Re: Steelers Fever alumni: A question   Steelers Fever alumni: A question - Page 6 EmptyTue Apr 28, 2015 2:39 pm

The Herd? Killers Herd!

Jerkimus Maximus
Lokki

PostSubject: Re: Steelers Fever alumni: A question   Steelers Fever alumni: A question - Page 6 EmptyTue Apr 28, 2015 3:43 pm

haha yup. Killer gave us the name in one of his meltdowns.

Moooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo
Back to top Go down
Master_Of_Puppets

Master_Of_Puppets

PostSubject: Re: Steelers Fever alumni: A question   Steelers Fever alumni: A question - Page 6 EmptyTue Apr 28, 2015 3:58 pm

Steelers Fever alumni: A question - Page 6 57798684
Back to top Go down
Buddha Bus

Buddha Bus

PostSubject: Re: Steelers Fever alumni: A question   Steelers Fever alumni: A question - Page 6 EmptyTue Apr 28, 2015 4:05 pm

@Vis, @Lokki, @Master_Of_Puppets

QUIT GARBAGING UP MY THREAD!!!! Steelers Fever alumni: A question - Page 6 124247948

Back to top Go down
Buddha Bus

Buddha Bus

PostSubject: Re: Steelers Fever alumni: A question   Steelers Fever alumni: A question - Page 6 EmptyTue Apr 28, 2015 4:07 pm

PCZACH!!!!!!!! HE FOUND US!!!! Steelers Fever alumni: A question - Page 6 1647293567 Steelers Fever alumni: A question - Page 6 1372836603 Steelers Fever alumni: A question - Page 6 2185032793

Welcome to the Xtreme, buddy! Been wondering where you were!

Back to top Go down
Master_Of_Puppets

Master_Of_Puppets

PostSubject: Re: Steelers Fever alumni: A question   Steelers Fever alumni: A question - Page 6 EmptyTue Apr 28, 2015 4:14 pm

Steelers Fever alumni: A question - Page 6 Stupidity_1170973245
Back to top Go down
Lokki
Jerkimus Maximus
Lokki

PostSubject: Re: Steelers Fever alumni: A question   Steelers Fever alumni: A question - Page 6 EmptyTue Apr 28, 2015 4:30 pm

Buddha Bus wrote:
@Vis, @Lokki, @Master_Of_Puppets

QUIT GARBAGING UP MY THREAD!!!! Steelers Fever alumni: A question - Page 6 124247948

Oh Lawd.. he would go ballistic in the Penguins forums about that. Anything that wasn't in his 1 Penguins Season thread drove him mad. That and his hatred for the Thanks button. He used the real rep system.. Steelers Fever alumni: A question - Page 6 2573146105
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Steelers Fever alumni: A question   Steelers Fever alumni: A question - Page 6 Empty

Back to top Go down

Steelers Fever alumni: A question
Page 6 of 7Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next