Steelers Xtreme Forum

HomeSteelers/NFL 2015 Schedule Released At 8 PM Tuesday, April 21  - Page 2 Home10RegisterLog inContact
Become a member of the Steelers Xtreme community to join in on the discussions and get access to members-only forums. Registering is free and easy.

Steelers/NFL 2015 Schedule Released At 8 PM Tuesday, April 21

Go down 
+13
SteelersYak
Fire Arians
steelcrazy
KeepHarrisonTilHes92
Bane
HeinzMustard
Buddha Bus
Hawaii 5-0
cali_fan
SteelersNorth
SteelCityUnderground
tony hipchest
Atlanta Dan
17 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Atlanta Dan

Steelers/NFL 2015 Schedule Released At 8 PM Tuesday, April 21  - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Steelers/NFL 2015 Schedule Released At 8 PM Tuesday, April 21    Steelers/NFL 2015 Schedule Released At 8 PM Tuesday, April 21  - Page 2 EmptyWed Apr 22, 2015 12:38 pm

IowaSteeler927 wrote:
I like the schedule from the standpoint that it's a challenge. I dislike the scheduling when teams like the Patsies have a cake division to play in, and then they get cake out of conference games on top of that. Shouldn't the defending champs* get a tougher schedule?

The schedule does take into account success in the prior season by a division winner having to play the other division winners for the previous season in the same conference.

Teams play all teams in each of the divisions of the same conference once every three years and all teams in each of the divisions in the same conference once every 4 years (e.g. - Steelers last played all the the NFC West teams in the 2011 season and last played all of the AFC West teams in the 2012 season)

That rotation seems about as fair as it can get - hard to figure out how to avoid the Pats* having the good fortune to play in a division where the other three teams have been mismanaged for years.

If the schedule was just drawn up "randomly" my bet is the Pats* would play Jacksonville, Cleveland and Tampa Bay annually
Back to top Go down
cali_fan
Xtreme Newb

PostSubject: Re: Steelers/NFL 2015 Schedule Released At 8 PM Tuesday, April 21    Steelers/NFL 2015 Schedule Released At 8 PM Tuesday, April 21  - Page 2 EmptyWed Apr 22, 2015 1:02 pm

The late bye week is in our favor.

If we can manage to be 7-3 by then we can win the division.

But we really need to find find a way to be 2-1 without Bell.
Back to top Go down
SteelCityUnderground

SteelCityUnderground

PostSubject: Re: Steelers/NFL 2015 Schedule Released At 8 PM Tuesday, April 21    Steelers/NFL 2015 Schedule Released At 8 PM Tuesday, April 21  - Page 2 EmptyWed Apr 22, 2015 2:34 pm

I thought I'd have ammo to blog today and flame the NFL and Goodell... instead, I really, REALLY like this schedule.

The naysayers aren't thrilled about the opponents, but there's nothing they can do about that, as posted above by Atlanta Dan.

To analyze, we get to play fresh and prepared on a Thursday against NE. That gives us a few extra days rest to play San Fran in our opener, which doesn't favor them traveling from the west coast for a 1pm kick. I also dig that Bellicheat won't have weeks of game film to see what we're doing, should we have it figured out by week one ourselves!

The Rams could be interesting in week 3, but one thing is for sure: it will be a home game with the MLB Cardinals still playing the regular season (on the road at Wrigley.)

We then got my prayer answered, that Baltimore has to come to US on a short week, for another Thursday Night game. That gives us another extended rest, heading into the first of two west coast trips for a Monday Night game at San Diego (should be plenty of time to adjust, no?)

The normalcy begins when NFL Cardinals come to town the following week for the first of five 1pm kicks. Then we travel to KC before THREE straight home games.

That's right kiddies: the Steelers won't board a bus, plane or train for an entire MONTH between the Oct. 25th game at KC and the Nov. 29th slate: when they visit Seattle, but not before their bye week leading into the 2nd west coast trip. I consider that VERY favorable.

But that's also, on paper, the beginning of the rough patch. I say "on paper" because there's no telling what these teams will look like on week 1, let alone week 12. Last year's Cinderella might be this year's dog. That could be us too, never know. You never know if Seattle will keep it rolling, or if Indy's upgrades will pan out. We don't know if injuries will make the Broncos look like a sandlot team (say if Peyton Manning goes down.) So that much is up in the air.

While we have 4 of those last 6 on the road, 3 of those are familiar division trips, where our fans definitely invade Cincy and won't have a problem filling what will be a near-abandoned First Energy Stadium come week 17 against Cleveland. For all intents and purposes, while those are division games, those should come when your team is at it's zenith and I like the fact those are practically bus trips. It's not like they're going cross-country, and it will help keep them motivated if they're still in the hunt by then.

I dig it friends. My heart is only sad that I'll see 2 home games post Thanksgiving, but I can handle not sitting in the snow :-)

http://steelcityunderground.com
steelstoned1972

steelstoned1972

PostSubject: Re: Steelers/NFL 2015 Schedule Released At 8 PM Tuesday, April 21    Steelers/NFL 2015 Schedule Released At 8 PM Tuesday, April 21  - Page 2 EmptyWed Apr 22, 2015 2:36 pm

http://mobile.sportingnews.com/article/4642284-2015-nfl-schedule-playoffs-easiest-toughest-road-Patriots*-steelers-49ers-eagles

How convenient for the cheats..

Steelstoned @Steelcrazycraig1972
Back to top Go down
Atlanta Dan

PostSubject: Re: Steelers/NFL 2015 Schedule Released At 8 PM Tuesday, April 21    Steelers/NFL 2015 Schedule Released At 8 PM Tuesday, April 21  - Page 2 EmptyWed Apr 22, 2015 3:11 pm

cali_fan wrote:
But we really need to find find a way to be 2-1 without Bell.

Agreed - same situation as when the Steelers went 3-1 without Ben to start the 2010 season.

But the 2010 Steelers had a defense that could carry the offense without Ben - now the offense has to stack points to cover for the defense

Ben can start earning that new contract right away Steelers/NFL 2015 Schedule Released At 8 PM Tuesday, April 21  - Page 2 1797695198
Back to top Go down
Dave75th
Banned
Dave75th

PostSubject: Re: Steelers/NFL 2015 Schedule Released At 8 PM Tuesday, April 21    Steelers/NFL 2015 Schedule Released At 8 PM Tuesday, April 21  - Page 2 EmptyWed Apr 22, 2015 3:18 pm

We should beat the Patriots** in the opener. On defense they've lost Browner, Revis, and Wilfork. Further, Hightower may not be fully recovered from surgery at the beginning of the season. On offense they've lost Vereen , Blount will be out, and Grey will never be able to repeat his performance against the Colts except against the Colts.
Back to top Go down
Buddha Bus

Buddha Bus

PostSubject: Re: Steelers/NFL 2015 Schedule Released At 8 PM Tuesday, April 21    Steelers/NFL 2015 Schedule Released At 8 PM Tuesday, April 21  - Page 2 EmptyWed Apr 22, 2015 4:50 pm

Dave75th wrote:
We should beat the Patriots*** in the opener. On defense they've lost Browner, Revis, and Wilfork. Further, Hightower may not be fully recovered from surgery at the beginning of the season. On offense they've lost Vereen , Blount will be out, and Grey will never be able to repeat his performance against the Colts except against the Colts.

I'm actually disappointed Blount will be out. I was really hoping to see Cam Heyward, James Harrison, or Lawrence Timmons level his stupid ass. Suspension be damned, I would like to have seen at least one crushing cheap shot on that douchebag.

Back to top Go down
Buddha Bus

Buddha Bus

PostSubject: Re: Steelers/NFL 2015 Schedule Released At 8 PM Tuesday, April 21    Steelers/NFL 2015 Schedule Released At 8 PM Tuesday, April 21  - Page 2 EmptyWed Apr 22, 2015 4:56 pm

SteelCityUnderground wrote:
To analyze, we get to play fresh and prepared on a Thursday against NE. That gives us a few extra days rest to play San Fran in our opener, which doesn't favor them traveling from the west coast for a 1pm kick. I also dig that Bellicheat won't have weeks of game film to see what we're doing, should we have it figured out by week one ourselves!

The other plus is that this will be Keith Butler's first season helming the defense and they have no film on what his defensive plans or schemes will be. That's HUGE as Brady and Belicheat seemed to by and large have Dick LeBeau's number. Brady also seemed to find ways to torch Troy a lot and he will no longer be with us. These could be big x factors in that game as Billy Boy doesn't seem to like the unknown quite as much.

Back to top Go down
The_Joker

The_Joker

PostSubject: Re: Steelers/NFL 2015 Schedule Released At 8 PM Tuesday, April 21    Steelers/NFL 2015 Schedule Released At 8 PM Tuesday, April 21  - Page 2 EmptyWed Apr 22, 2015 4:57 pm

Anyone else wanna see the Shehawks humbled further? I'm sick of their stupid fans whining about Super Bowl 40.

HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA!
Back to top Go down
Dave75th
Banned
Dave75th

PostSubject: Re: Steelers/NFL 2015 Schedule Released At 8 PM Tuesday, April 21    Steelers/NFL 2015 Schedule Released At 8 PM Tuesday, April 21  - Page 2 EmptyWed Apr 22, 2015 5:12 pm

Buddha Bus wrote:
Dave75th wrote:
We should beat the Patriots**** in the opener. On defense they've lost Browner, Revis, and Wilfork. Further, Hightower may not be fully recovered from surgery at the beginning of the season. On offense they've lost Vereen , Blount will be out, and Grey will never be able to repeat his performance against the Colts except against the Colts.

I'm actually disappointed Blount will be out. I was really hoping to see Cam Heyward, James Harrison, or Lawrence Timmons level his stupid ass. Suspension be damned, I would like to have seen at least one crushing cheap shot on that douchebag.

It would have been interesting. I don't think they would have gotten much production out of him anyway. He's a late in the season bad weather back. That's why the timing of his departure from here, and resigning by New England, is so suspicious.
Back to top Go down
Buddha Bus

Buddha Bus

PostSubject: Re: Steelers/NFL 2015 Schedule Released At 8 PM Tuesday, April 21    Steelers/NFL 2015 Schedule Released At 8 PM Tuesday, April 21  - Page 2 EmptyWed Apr 22, 2015 5:14 pm

Dave75th wrote:
Buddha Bus wrote:
Dave75th wrote:
We should beat the Patriots****** in the opener. On defense they've lost Browner, Revis, and Wilfork. Further, Hightower may not be fully recovered from surgery at the beginning of the season. On offense they've lost Vereen , Blount will be out, and Grey will never be able to repeat his performance against the Colts except against the Colts.

It would have been interesting. I don't think they would have gotten much production out of him anyway. He's a late in the season bad weather back. That's why the timing of his departure from here, and resigning by New England, is so suspicious.  

Hard to be productive when you're laid out unconscious on the field with a concussion from a James Harrison human missile strike in the 1st quarter. Steelers/NFL 2015 Schedule Released At 8 PM Tuesday, April 21  - Page 2 3798349058

Back to top Go down
Hawaii 5-0

Hawaii 5-0

PostSubject: Re: Steelers/NFL 2015 Schedule Released At 8 PM Tuesday, April 21    Steelers/NFL 2015 Schedule Released At 8 PM Tuesday, April 21  - Page 2 EmptyWed Apr 22, 2015 6:07 pm

The_Joker wrote:
Anyone else wanna see the Shehawks humbled further? I'm sick of their stupid fans whining about Super Bowl 40.

Steelers/NFL 2015 Schedule Released At 8 PM Tuesday, April 21  - Page 2 Ref
Back to top Go down
Dave75th
Banned
Dave75th

PostSubject: Re: Steelers/NFL 2015 Schedule Released At 8 PM Tuesday, April 21    Steelers/NFL 2015 Schedule Released At 8 PM Tuesday, April 21  - Page 2 EmptyWed Apr 22, 2015 7:36 pm

Buddha Bus wrote:
Dave75th wrote:
Buddha Bus wrote:
Dave75th wrote:
We should beat the Patriots******** in the opener. On defense they've lost Browner, Revis, and Wilfork. Further, Hightower may not be fully recovered from surgery at the beginning of the season. On offense they've lost Vereen , Blount will be out, and Grey will never be able to repeat his performance against the Colts except against the Colts.

Hard to be productive when you're laid out unconscious on the field with a concussion from a James Harrison human missile strike in the 1st quarter. Steelers/NFL 2015 Schedule Released At 8 PM Tuesday, April 21  - Page 2 3798349058

It'll still be a target rich environment Buddha.
Back to top Go down
Buddha Bus

Buddha Bus

PostSubject: Re: Steelers/NFL 2015 Schedule Released At 8 PM Tuesday, April 21    Steelers/NFL 2015 Schedule Released At 8 PM Tuesday, April 21  - Page 2 EmptyWed Apr 22, 2015 7:41 pm

Dave75th wrote:
Buddha Bus wrote:
Dave75th wrote:
Buddha Bus wrote:
Dave75th wrote:
We should beat the Patriots********* in the opener. On defense they've lost Browner, Revis, and Wilfork. Further, Hightower may not be fully recovered from surgery at the beginning of the season. On offense they've lost Vereen , Blount will be out, and Grey will never be able to repeat his performance against the Colts except against the Colts.

It'll still be a target rich environment Buddha.

Too bad Tom Brady has a referee-generated impenetrable force field around him. Steelers/NFL 2015 Schedule Released At 8 PM Tuesday, April 21  - Page 2 2913999526

Back to top Go down
SteelCityUnderground

SteelCityUnderground

PostSubject: Re: Steelers/NFL 2015 Schedule Released At 8 PM Tuesday, April 21    Steelers/NFL 2015 Schedule Released At 8 PM Tuesday, April 21  - Page 2 EmptyThu Apr 23, 2015 1:15 pm

The Seahawks will start humbling themselves soon. The Jimmy Graham trade may be a huge mistake. Wheels will come off Lynch soon, and they're going to have trouble keeping all of their young, cheap labor as the contracts keep-a-comin'. They also are drafting much later, and won't get the same value as they did drafting earlier.

Hawaii 5-0

Hawaii 5-0

PostSubject: Re: Steelers/NFL 2015 Schedule Released At 8 PM Tuesday, April 21    Steelers/NFL 2015 Schedule Released At 8 PM Tuesday, April 21  - Page 2 EmptyThu Apr 23, 2015 11:15 pm

Steelers/NFL 2015 Schedule Released At 8 PM Tuesday, April 21  - Page 2 11168590_10153317674039171_7062869273407844501_n
Back to top Go down
steelcrazy

steelcrazy

PostSubject: Re: Steelers/NFL 2015 Schedule Released At 8 PM Tuesday, April 21    Steelers/NFL 2015 Schedule Released At 8 PM Tuesday, April 21  - Page 2 EmptyThu Apr 23, 2015 11:38 pm

why are people freaking out about the schedule??..sure its not gonna be a cakewalk but i really feel this team is a 1/2way decent defense away from being a contender, and believe me i'm a realist..i honestly think we can go 10-6 and win AFCN

PostSubject: Re: Steelers/NFL 2015 Schedule Released At 8 PM Tuesday, April 21    Steelers/NFL 2015 Schedule Released At 8 PM Tuesday, April 21  - Page 2 EmptyFri Apr 24, 2015 9:12 am

Look, I know history can't repeat itself but the '08 season was a write off much like this season alreayd is depending on who you ask.

The boys went 12-4 won the division and then the Super Bowl that season.

Am I saying that's going to happen this year, no. Could it happen, sure. Hell Cleveland could make the playoffs for all we know as of today and win it all. Everyone starts at 0-0.

What will key this team this season unlike any other is they must hit on their first 3 picks and we all better hope all 3 play significant roles. On top of that we need Jarvis and Ryan to be big time players.

Back to top Go down
Buddha Bus

Buddha Bus

PostSubject: Re: Steelers/NFL 2015 Schedule Released At 8 PM Tuesday, April 21    Steelers/NFL 2015 Schedule Released At 8 PM Tuesday, April 21  - Page 2 EmptyFri Apr 24, 2015 9:16 am

SteelersNorth wrote:
Hell Cleveland could make the playoffs for all we know as of today and win it all.

Back to top Go down
SteelersNorth

PostSubject: Re: Steelers/NFL 2015 Schedule Released At 8 PM Tuesday, April 21    Steelers/NFL 2015 Schedule Released At 8 PM Tuesday, April 21  - Page 2 EmptyFri Apr 24, 2015 9:18 am

lol nice one lol

Back to top Go down
SteelCityUnderground

SteelCityUnderground

PostSubject: Re: Steelers/NFL 2015 Schedule Released At 8 PM Tuesday, April 21    Steelers/NFL 2015 Schedule Released At 8 PM Tuesday, April 21  - Page 2 EmptyFri Apr 24, 2015 11:57 am

I'm not sweating the schedule. It's the toughest now, based on paper. Let's see if that's still true come December. Remember, the NFC South was supposed to one of the toughest divisions last year too, on paper, before the season kicked off.

Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Steelers/NFL 2015 Schedule Released At 8 PM Tuesday, April 21    Steelers/NFL 2015 Schedule Released At 8 PM Tuesday, April 21  - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Steelers/NFL 2015 Schedule Released At 8 PM Tuesday, April 21
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2