Steelers Xtreme Forum

HomeDraft Pick Success Predictions Home10RegisterLog inContact
Become a member of the Steelers Xtreme community to join in on the discussions and get access to members-only forums. Registering is free and easy.

Draft Pick Success Predictions

Go down 
+2
Fire Arians
ImperialFan
6 posters
AuthorMessage
ImperialFan

ImperialFan

Draft Pick Success Predictions Empty
PostSubject: Draft Pick Success Predictions   Draft Pick Success Predictions EmptySat May 16, 2015 8:18 pm

I know theres no way to know for sure until the field and see what they can do.
I just want to know some of your predictions on who will make the team this season and at get a good amount of playing time and who wont.

Bud Dupree- Yes, he is a first round draft pick, I'm sure we will be expecting him to come in and start helping us this season, which is expected of pretty much all first rounders.

Senquez Golson- Yes he makes the team. He will make the team, but when all the dust is settled he will probably play a limited roll. I hope I am wrong.

Sammie Coates - Yes, He wont start unless we have major injury problems, but I think he makes the team. He has all the makings to be great someday could replace a wide receiver if we lose one to free agency or like I said injury. at worse he will probably spend the majority of this season on the bench due to our terrific depth at the position( I consider Bell to be a 4th receiver) not to mention heyward bey and our 3 tight ends. It could get a little crowded fighting of Big Bens bombs.    

Doran Grant - Yes, probably that is. It may depend a lot on if Allen shows he ready to give it 100%. With Grants decent size it would be nice to see him and Allen at the same time, in my opinion grant will be more of an asset than Golson. I just see Grant being able to match up better with the wide out in the NFL. They players re bigger here.

Jessie James- Yes, and maybe be a big surprise, I was just so impressed with his tape, he was looking like Gronk out there.

Leterrius Walton- No,    maybe the practice squad at 6'5 and 316, If he does make the team it will be on the practice squad. He certainly was getting to the quarter backs in college but isnt very quick on his feet. I really haven't heard much about him but he looked okay on tape I just don't think hes NFL material at this point. but hey, ya never know. Could be the first guy cut.

Anthony Chickillo - No, Its so hard to make any predictions at this point. I'm mostly just going off of tape and research. Chickillo could be a hidden gem he seems to be very aggressive and can get to the quarter back, but he wont get much time to get at them in the NFL.  practice squad would be my guess.

Gerod Holliman- Yes, he is the only safety we took in the draft so it makes me feel like the Steelers are really get his tackling skills down and then he could be a monster ball hawking field flipper. Yeah there will be some competition but I have a feeling he will see the field this season.

Of course these are just all wild guesses based on tape and physical attributes. They won't all make it, although that would be nice.

here is an article to back up my opinion on golson.

Last edited by ImperialFan on Mon May 18, 2015 2:46 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Fire Arians

Fire Arians

PostSubject: Re: Draft Pick Success Predictions   Draft Pick Success Predictions EmptySun May 17, 2015 3:06 pm

Golson I think is going to contribute in the slot this year. People keep knocking him because of his size, but nobody has really anything bad to say about his game as far as skill / athleticism goes. He may surprise a lot of people. The FO obviously thinks golson is the better player (judging by draft position) over doran grant, so i don't see why other than size, that a lot of people think he's going to be  a better player? certainly not based on tape.. Don't let Golson's size fool you either, the kid can tackle (zero missed tackles last season), and has brought down 220+ lb running backs. He will be OK.

Dupree like you said will contribute early on as most 1st round picks do, and the fact there's opportunities at OLB since we have a weakness there. I don't think he'll be the fulltime starter, but will probably be used like woodley in his first year in rushing situations. With that said, if he also gets 10 sacks in his first year like woodley did I'd be stoked.

All the other picks will need at least a year to develop so I don't expect contributions from the rest other than some situational plays (like using james in the red zone). Sammie Coates wont play much unless they go 4-wide or someone gets injured (hopefully the latter doesn't happen, but it's the NFL).
Back to top Go down
KeepHarrisonTilHes92

KeepHarrisonTilHes92

PostSubject: Re: Draft Pick Success Predictions   Draft Pick Success Predictions EmptySun May 17, 2015 4:52 pm

I think the draft pick that will contribute the most for us the earliest will be Golson
Back to top Go down
ImperialFan

ImperialFan

PostSubject: Re: Draft Pick Success Predictions   Draft Pick Success Predictions EmptySun May 17, 2015 11:15 pm

KeepHarrisonTilHes92 wrote:
I think the draft pick that will contribute the most for us the earliest will be Golson

That is very well possible, I haven't ever really seen him play besides on tape where he looks fantastic. He will match up against some wide receivers very well, like if antonio brown played for another team maybe Golson would really defend him well. Maybe we just took him so no one else would have him and have him shut brown down.

DesertSteel

PostSubject: Re: Draft Pick Success Predictions   Draft Pick Success Predictions EmptyMon May 18, 2015 12:54 am

Senquez Golson will go to the Pro Bowl with 8 interceptions.
Back to top Go down
DesertSteel

DesertSteel

PostSubject: Re: Draft Pick Success Predictions   Draft Pick Success Predictions EmptyMon May 18, 2015 12:55 am

ImperialFan wrote:

Jessie James- Yes, and maybe be a big surprise, I was just so impressed with his tape, he was looking like Gronk out there.

You were probably looking at his highlights. That's not his tape :).
Back to top Go down
HeinzMustard

PostSubject: Re: Draft Pick Success Predictions   Draft Pick Success Predictions EmptyMon May 18, 2015 9:52 am

DesertSteel wrote:
Senquez Golson will go to the Pro Bowl with 8 interceptions.

I hope you're right. 8 INTs from one Steelers DB would be amazing.
Back to top Go down
ImperialFan

ImperialFan

PostSubject: Re: Draft Pick Success Predictions   Draft Pick Success Predictions EmptyMon May 18, 2015 2:50 pm

DesertSteel wrote:
ImperialFan wrote:

You were probably looking at his highlights. That's not his tape :).

Yeah it was his highlights. But none the less, dont you think it is clear that we will be needing a new tight end on the team soon. I believe we really were going after maxx williams in round 2. Its obvious that miller doesnt have much longer in him, and he is very slow although he still has great hands. James in huge and if he shows he can catch passes and block well I see no reason why he wouldnt be on the team this season and learn under miller and I'm sure he will be in there in some games as well.

Stella Nation

PostSubject: Re: Draft Pick Success Predictions   Draft Pick Success Predictions EmptyTue May 19, 2015 5:10 am

My 2 cents: Dupree and Golson will have an immediate impact on the team, Dupree even as a starter. Coates, Grant and Chickillo will have some snaps and I expect to see them more on the field at the end of the season. James will be only on the field in a very limited capacity unless Heath would get injured, but I expect him to play more within a few years. Walton might be a long term option, but I don't expect him to make the roster. Holliman will never make the roster.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Draft Pick Success Predictions   Draft Pick Success Predictions Empty

Back to top Go down

Draft Pick Success Predictions
Page 1 of 1