Steelers Xtreme Forum

HomeHow much will we lose by week 1? Home10RegisterLog inContact
Become a member of the Steelers Xtreme community to join in on the discussions and get access to members-only forums. Registering is free and easy.

How much will we lose by week 1?

Go down 
+29
OX1947
Lokki
Drizztbob
SteelersCanada
Steeler-in-west
WVABE
teegre
Wallace108
ImmaculateGreenePolamalu
SteelersNorth
SteelersYak
Craziaskowboi
Rhyno
pczach
solardave
Chaotic Zen
SoCalFan
white_steel_wolfe
steelcrazy
tony hipchest
Fire Arians
KeepHarrisonTilHes92
FrancoLambert
Steeler Zach
vasteeler
Atlanta Dan
jak341
Hawaii 5-0
ImperialFan
33 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
ImperialFan

ImperialFan

How much will we lose by week 1? Empty
PostSubject: How much will we lose by week 1?   How much will we lose by week 1? EmptyThu Sep 03, 2015 4:08 pm

How bad do you think the Patriots* are going to blow us out? I'm thinking we fail to find the end zone in a 53-9 drubbing.

Hawaii 5-0

PostSubject: Re: How much will we lose by week 1?   How much will we lose by week 1? EmptyThu Sep 03, 2015 4:23 pm

James C Wexell ‏@jimwexell

These Thursday night openers are notorious for home blowouts.

https://twitter.com/jimwexell
Back to top Go down
jak341

jak341

PostSubject: Re: How much will we lose by week 1?   How much will we lose by week 1? EmptyThu Sep 03, 2015 5:02 pm

I'm going with 24-38.

I can't see a win with everything seemingly against us (offense injuries / suspensions, opening at Foxboro against the champs, a D that can't stop the passing game, and an opposing QB with something to prove.)

One game a season does not make, but it will be a good measuring stick to see where we are.
Back to top Go down
Atlanta Dan

PostSubject: Re: How much will we lose by week 1?   How much will we lose by week 1? EmptyThu Sep 03, 2015 5:12 pm

Line has gone from Pats* anywhere from 1 to 3&1/2 to Pats* by 7 - maybe that is the line for the first quarter - this will be a blowout - I will not bet against the Steelers so I will be hoping the over/under stays under the low 50s to maybe bet that

http://www.newsday.com/sports/football/tom-brady-ruling-worth-at-least-three-points-in-Patriots*-steelers-point-spread-1.10804718
Back to top Go down
vasteeler

vasteeler

PostSubject: Re: How much will we lose by week 1?   How much will we lose by week 1? EmptyThu Sep 03, 2015 5:15 pm

i think its going to be closer than you guys think.....we have a pretty good offense too!

"Zed's dead, baby. Zed's dead." - Butch
Back to top Go down
Steeler Zach

Steeler Zach

PostSubject: Re: How much will we lose by week 1?   How much will we lose by week 1? EmptyThu Sep 03, 2015 5:19 pm

107 to -pi.
Back to top Go down
FrancoLambert

PostSubject: Re: How much will we lose by week 1?   How much will we lose by week 1? EmptyThu Sep 03, 2015 5:44 pm

vasteeler wrote:
i think its going to be closer than you guys think.....we have a pretty good offense too!

.....and a very bad defense from what we've seen last season and this entire pre-season.......going against a very good passing attack......I don't see this defense NOT giving up big plays.....at least not yet.......it's going to take some time for them to jell....if they do.
Back to top Go down
vasteeler

vasteeler

PostSubject: Re: How much will we lose by week 1?   How much will we lose by week 1? EmptyThu Sep 03, 2015 6:03 pm

FrancoLambert wrote:
vasteeler wrote:

.....and a very bad defense from what we've seen last season and this entire pre-season.......going against a very good passing attack......I don't see this defense NOT giving up big plays.....at least not yet.......it's going to take some time for them to jell....if they do.

but at the same time the Pats* secondary may be just as bad as ours

"Zed's dead, baby. Zed's dead." - Butch
Back to top Go down
KeepHarrisonTilHes92

KeepHarrisonTilHes92

PostSubject: Re: How much will we lose by week 1?   How much will we lose by week 1? EmptyThu Sep 03, 2015 6:08 pm

Patriots* are gonna get smacked the fuck up.
Back to top Go down
Fire Arians

Fire Arians

PostSubject: Re: How much will we lose by week 1?   How much will we lose by week 1? EmptyThu Sep 03, 2015 8:31 pm

I'm gonna be surprised if the Pats** don't beat the point spread. If we had Le'Veon Bell and Bryant I'd be more optimistic, I'm not counting on our defense to stop Brady.

Anyway I'm predicting Pats* by 17
Back to top Go down
ImperialFan

ImperialFan

PostSubject: Re: How much will we lose by week 1?   How much will we lose by week 1? EmptyThu Sep 03, 2015 9:17 pm

I must admit when I heard bradys suspension got overturned I was a little disappointed. I would welcome a match up against the Pats* if we had our entire team but just Bell being out is huge. He is our best player, it would have been a good game if the Pats* were missing their best player in Brady. But now that's not the case.

Williams had proved competent but I don't think its a stretch to say Bell is a top 3 running back and to have him missing both for his rushing skills as well as his pass catching skills really puts us at a disadvantage. (See home game vs ravens in playoffs last season) Bryant being out on top of it really hurts. Now they can just double coverage Brown and pretty much shut our entire offense down. It is yet to be seen how good the Pats* defense is but I just don't like our chances.

Ill be watching the game and hoping for an upset but Gillette in generally a buzz saw especially week 1 for Steelers team missing 4 of its starters. Theres going to have to be a lot of Ben-Brown connections if we want to win this game, and I mean a lot.

PostSubject: Re: How much will we lose by week 1?   How much will we lose by week 1? EmptyThu Sep 03, 2015 9:18 pm

Ben is our best player. How much will we lose by week 1? 1401235891

. .
Back to top Go down
ImperialFan

ImperialFan

PostSubject: Re: How much will we lose by week 1?   How much will we lose by week 1? EmptyThu Sep 03, 2015 9:27 pm

tony hipchest wrote:
Ben is our best player.  How much will we lose by week 1? 1401235891

Ben is a superstar and perhaps you are right. Bell is a huge part of our offense though, just as big as ben. I think missing bell is just as bad as missing Ben. Last season we proved we could win games just by running the ball, over and over and opposing teams could not stop bell, he would bust out an 8 yard rush a 5 yard rush then a 15 yard rush and so on, not to mention he is basically another wide receiver, hes got the softest hands on the team. NEVER fumbles.

steelcrazy

PostSubject: Re: How much will we lose by week 1?   How much will we lose by week 1? EmptyThu Sep 03, 2015 9:30 pm

I dont know that its going to be a blow-out by any means...but if I was going to lay money on it I'd give the points..still hope for the best How much will we lose by week 1? 2287965686

PostSubject: Re: How much will we lose by week 1?   How much will we lose by week 1? EmptyThu Sep 03, 2015 9:40 pm

6 - 51

Patriots*
Back to top Go down
SoCalFan

SoCalFan

PostSubject: Re: How much will we lose by week 1?   How much will we lose by week 1? EmptyFri Sep 04, 2015 12:19 am

"Break Brady's leg! I'll start a GoFundMe to pay the fine that the member of the Steelers defense gets when they snap his leg."

Steelers 31 cheats 17

Xtreme Newb

PostSubject: Re: How much will we lose by week 1?   How much will we lose by week 1? EmptyFri Sep 04, 2015 1:03 am

Why do people think we won't score 28+ Without Bell? Williams is pretty damn good and even without Bryant we have a very good corps of receivers.

It's gonna be a shootout: 37-34 Steelers

Back to top Go down
solardave

solardave

PostSubject: Re: How much will we lose by week 1?   How much will we lose by week 1? EmptyFri Sep 04, 2015 1:04 am

I really would like to see us go in there and wipe that smirk off of his face by pile driving his sorry ass to the turf about 5 times. I honestly thought it wasn't possible to dislike this aahole any more than I DID BUT I WAS WRONG. If we don't win a game all year including this one I hope we make him know there is NO damn respect for a cheating, arrogant prick like him.
Back to top Go down
pczach

pczach

PostSubject: Re: How much will we lose by week 1?   How much will we lose by week 1? EmptyFri Sep 04, 2015 7:52 am

I concede nothing.

This could be a tough game for the Steelers, but the Patriots* aren't the only ones with a chip on their shoulder. All we are hearing is that the Steelers have no chance against the great, pissed off Tom Brady and the unstoppable Patriots*. We'll see what's growing on the shoulders of every Steeler in that locker room.

F that! Ben and the offense punish their defensive unit, and this game is a nailbiter.

Go Steelers! How much will we lose by week 1? 1948569602
Back to top Go down
Rhyno

Rhyno

PostSubject: Re: How much will we lose by week 1?   How much will we lose by week 1? EmptyFri Sep 04, 2015 8:09 am

Chickenshit thread. Steelers will have to overcome a lot to come out on top of this one, but they can do it.
Back to top Go down
Craziaskowboi

PostSubject: Re: How much will we lose by week 1?   How much will we lose by week 1? EmptyFri Sep 04, 2015 8:36 am

Apparently Landry Jones will be the starting QB for this game. How else can we explain predictions of the Steelers scoring in the single digits, or not finding the end zone? In 2013, an incomplete Steelers offense managed to score 31 against a Patriots* defense that's tougher than the one they're fielding now. And no, none of it was in "garbage time" either, considering the Steelers were only down by three to start the fourth quarter of that game. As for Le'Veon Bell, the Steelers have had no quality RB depth behind him for any of the games he's missed. That's what's made the difference. The Steelers were trotting out Isaac Redman, Jonathan Dwyer, Felix Jones, LaRod Stephens-Howling and Josh Harris in Bell's absence, plus Ben Tate, who barely knew the playbook. DeAngelo Williams is much better than any of them, so if the Steelers lose the next game without Bell, it won't be because the offense is one-dimensional.
Back to top Go down
SteelersYak

SteelersYak

PostSubject: Re: How much will we lose by week 1?   How much will we lose by week 1? EmptyFri Sep 04, 2015 9:16 am

Not even Week 1 and the negative Nancies are out in full force.

Seriously. Not one meaningful snap and we get pessimistic threads like this.

Unreal.

PostSubject: Re: How much will we lose by week 1?   How much will we lose by week 1? EmptyFri Sep 04, 2015 9:37 am

Just a dumb story from last season.
I'm in a straight up football pool no spreads. So week 8 rolls around colts are lighting everyone up and came off a schillacking of the bungles the week before 27-0. Of course the Steelers were up and down, I picked the colts.
Ben torches them for 522 and 6tds.

Moral of the story...anything can happen.

Tom Brady is not superman, but if he is, Ben's Batman and will kill superman :)

6 days away!

Back to top Go down
ImmaculateGreenePolamalu

PostSubject: Re: How much will we lose by week 1?   How much will we lose by week 1? EmptyFri Sep 04, 2015 10:32 am

SteelersNorth wrote:
Just a dumb story from last season.
I'm in a straight up football pool no spreads. So week 8 rolls around colts are lighting everyone up and came off a schillacking of the bungles the week before 27-0. Of course the Steelers were up and down, I picked the colts.
Ben torches them for 522 and 6tds.

Moral of the story...anything can happen.

Tom Brady is not superman, but if he is, Ben's Batman and will kill superman :)

6 days away!

Any Given Sunday or in this case Thursday. I understand why people have worries but we just have to do our thing. You know full well that the D will not underestimate Brady and the Pats* Offense. It would really be great if we gave him a rude awakening and make him wish that he had taken a suspension afer all.
Back to top Go down
Atlanta Dan

PostSubject: Re: How much will we lose by week 1?   How much will we lose by week 1? EmptyFri Sep 04, 2015 10:51 am

SteelersYak wrote:
Not even Week 1 and the negative Nancies are out in full force.

Seriously. Not one meaningful snap and we get pessimistic threads like this.

Unreal.

Yep - unreal - with this record against Brady in Foxboro why would anyone be pessimistic, especially after the splendid preseason the Steelers have just completed

55 - 31 November 2013

34 - 13 December 2007

30 - 14 September 2002

We need more positive thinking like this

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: How much will we lose by week 1?   How much will we lose by week 1? Empty

Back to top Go down

How much will we lose by week 1?
Page 1 of 4Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next