Steelers Xtreme Forum

HomeHow much will we lose by week 1? - Page 3 Home10RegisterLog inContact
Become a member of the Steelers Xtreme community to join in on the discussions and get access to members-only forums. Registering is free and easy.

How much will we lose by week 1?

Go down 
+29
OX1947
Lokki
Drizztbob
SteelersCanada
Steeler-in-west
WVABE
teegre
Wallace108
ImmaculateGreenePolamalu
SteelersNorth
SteelersYak
Craziaskowboi
Rhyno
pczach
solardave
Chaotic Zen
SoCalFan
white_steel_wolfe
steelcrazy
tony hipchest
Fire Arians
KeepHarrisonTilHes92
FrancoLambert
Steeler Zach
vasteeler
Atlanta Dan
jak341
Hawaii 5-0
ImperialFan
33 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
ImperialFan

ImperialFan

How much will we lose by week 1? - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: How much will we lose by week 1?   How much will we lose by week 1? - Page 3 EmptySat Sep 05, 2015 3:37 pm

SoCalFan wrote:
I foresee baby brady having a terrible season, truth! Starting off with a pretty bad game against us throwing only 1 TD with 1 pick and a mediocre 185 yards. WE WILL WIN THIS GAME!

I don't foresee Brady declining that much from last year to this year. Although at his age you would expect to see some regression. Honestly against our defense I see more of a 3 td performance.

Steeler-in-west

PostSubject: Re: How much will we lose by week 1?   How much will we lose by week 1? - Page 3 EmptySun Sep 06, 2015 3:24 am

ImperialFan wrote:
SoCalFan wrote:
I foresee baby brady having a terrible season, truth! Starting off with a pretty bad game against us throwing only 1 TD with 1 pick and a mediocre 185 yards. WE WILL WIN THIS GAME!

I don't foresee Brady declining that much from last year to this year. Although at his age you would expect to see some regression. Honestly against our defense I see more of a 3 td performance.

After 35 or 36 all bets are off, a QB's ability can drop off pretty fast pretty quickly after that. Chances are good; twice as good as last year, that Brady will start to drop off noticeably, and the chances just increase exponentially after that. That's why hardly any QB's make it to 40. At 38, one good hit will feel like 5 good hits at 30, guys on borrowed time,

that being said, he may have a good game against us, specially if we can't get any pressure on him. that's were it comes down to this game: pressure on the QB. Specially with Bell, Bryant, and Pouncey being out, I don't think we can keep up with a Tom Brady having all day to throw
Back to top Go down
Atlanta Dan

PostSubject: Re: How much will we lose by week 1?   How much will we lose by week 1? - Page 3 EmptySun Sep 06, 2015 7:39 am

Regardless of the final score, don't look for a long post-game handshake between Tomlin and Belichick How much will we lose by week 1? - Page 3 1797695198

Tomlin provided two short and identical answers when he was asked if he has gotten to know New England coach Bill Belichick more through the years: “No, I haven’t.”

Has he tried: “No, I haven’t.”

http://www.post-gazette.com/sports/steelers/2015/09/06/Some-Steelers-cuts-made-easier-by-suspensions-of-Bryant-Bell/stories/201509060175
Back to top Go down
Drizztbob

Drizztbob

PostSubject: Re: How much will we lose by week 1?   How much will we lose by week 1? - Page 3 EmptyMon Sep 07, 2015 11:18 am

After an underwhelming pre-season and key players being out: Pouncey, Bell, Bryant, Tuitt. Timmons is not in football shape yet due to his injury all pre-season, our secondary is crazy soft as evident by Shamarko's benching, Brady has something to prove, the game is IN Foxboro, the Pats* fans are gonna be ravenous, it's the first game of the season, we have a BAD history VS Brady....ALL of these things combined do not favor the Steelers.

I love my team. I bleed black and gold, and I will scream loud for them win or lose. However, this one, I'm pretty sure we will drop. It's not gonna be a blowout though, because Ben is gonna be hurling the rock like nobody's business. He might have 60 attempts on Thursday. Hopefully he completes 59 of them.

Pats* steal another one: 42-36

Hawaii 5-0

Hawaii 5-0

PostSubject: Re: How much will we lose by week 1?   How much will we lose by week 1? - Page 3 EmptyMon Sep 07, 2015 2:27 pm

How much will we lose by week 1? - Page 3 Rl6H4aZ
Back to top Go down
Atlanta Dan

PostSubject: Re: How much will we lose by week 1?   How much will we lose by week 1? - Page 3 EmptyMon Sep 07, 2015 4:16 pm

For those who think only some fans are being too pessimistic, Jim Wexell apparently believes Thursday night will be the equivalent of a fifth preseason game for the defense

I'm expecting this season to begin the following week for the Steelers defense anyway. I have no expectation of anything close to a sound showing at New England.

http://www.scout.com/nfl/steelers/story/1583667-are-steelers-desperate-and-discombobulated

Back to top Go down
FrancoLambert

PostSubject: Re: How much will we lose by week 1?   How much will we lose by week 1? - Page 3 EmptyMon Sep 07, 2015 7:11 pm

Atlanta Dan wrote:
For those who think only some fans are being too pessimistic, Jim Wexell apparently believes Thursday night will be the equivalent of a fifth preseason game for the defense

I'm expecting this season to begin the following week for the Steelers defense anyway. I have no expectation of anything close to a sound showing at New England.

http://www.scout.com/nfl/steelers/story/1583667-are-steelers-desperate-and-discombobulated

After this preseason I don't see how you could expect anything else.
Back to top Go down
ImperialFan

ImperialFan

PostSubject: Re: How much will we lose by week 1?   How much will we lose by week 1? - Page 3 EmptyMon Sep 07, 2015 9:55 pm

I would put 1,000 dollars on the Pats* scoring 30+ points, i dont think anyone would take me up on that bet though

Jerkimus Maximus
Lokki

PostSubject: Re: How much will we lose by week 1?   How much will we lose by week 1? - Page 3 EmptyMon Sep 07, 2015 10:14 pm

Atlanta Dan wrote:

But we already had 5 preseason games.... How much will we lose by week 1? - Page 3 2573146105
Back to top Go down
ImperialFan

ImperialFan

PostSubject: Re: How much will we lose by week 1?   How much will we lose by week 1? - Page 3 EmptyMon Sep 07, 2015 10:20 pm

Lokki wrote:
Atlanta Dan wrote:

But we already had 5 preseason games....  How much will we lose by week 1? - Page 3 2573146105

you should be a lawyer

OX1947

PostSubject: Re: How much will we lose by week 1?   How much will we lose by week 1? - Page 3 EmptyMon Sep 07, 2015 10:55 pm

Only way the Steelers win this is if they score on every possession in the game. Steeler fans are going to witness one of the, if not the worst Steelers defense in probably 30 years. They are undisciplined, overrated and unfocused. Other than 3 or 4 out of the 11, the others are terrible.
Back to top Go down
IowaSteeler927

IowaSteeler927

PostSubject: Re: How much will we lose by week 1?   How much will we lose by week 1? - Page 3 EmptyTue Sep 08, 2015 5:15 am

I don't think it'll be a blowout. I think Deangelo Williams is going to fill in admirably in Bell's absence. Williams isn't selfish like Blount was. He'll go out and play like a veteran, and a professional and he'll put 100% effort into everything he does. Bell hasn't had a completely competent back-up until now. I think the running game might actually be surprisingly decent against a Patriots**** D-Line that lost their best run stopper in Vince Wilfork.

As for the rest of the Offense we've still got AB, Miller, and Wheaton. Wheaton has been getting better and better, and DHB while he isn't exactly a huge playmaker, the Patsy defense will still have to respect his speed because he can take the top off of a defense.

Offense is the least of our worries in this game. We need to generate an effective pass rush on defense, and get a couple of turnovers to win this game. Our offense can hang around with the Patriots* offense, it's the defense that's going to have to step up to the plate and contribute.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyGLM8goxBzHK5YBJBS9uaQ
HeinzMustard

PostSubject: Re: How much will we lose by week 1?   How much will we lose by week 1? - Page 3 EmptyTue Sep 08, 2015 8:52 am

It's all gloom and doom... the sky is falling!!!
Back to top Go down
Steelcitian

Steelcitian

PostSubject: Re: How much will we lose by week 1?   How much will we lose by week 1? - Page 3 EmptyTue Sep 08, 2015 9:55 am

I think the title of this thread sucks. Already counting them out?? If the team thought the same way, they really will lose. Thats why they play the games. Its no sure thing that the Patriots* will win. Maybe this will give the Steelers the edge they need to overcome.
Back to top Go down
SoCalFan

SoCalFan

PostSubject: Re: How much will we lose by week 1?   How much will we lose by week 1? - Page 3 EmptyTue Sep 08, 2015 10:52 am

It keeps getting better and better for the cheats, we must SMASH THEM!

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/eye-on-football/25294235/report-Patriots*-taped-40-opposing-teams-nfl-destroyed-tapes

PostSubject: Re: How much will we lose by week 1?   How much will we lose by week 1? - Page 3 EmptyTue Sep 08, 2015 11:46 am

SoCalFan wrote:
It keeps getting better and better for the cheats, we must SMASH THEM!

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/eye-on-football/25294235/report-Patriots**-taped-40-opposing-teams-nfl-destroyed-tapes

Yeah I read the whole ESPN article earlier. They have a culture of cheating and yes this is why I refuse to call Brady the "GOAT" since he's had help along the way from the start. I also refuse to believe that Belichick was ignorant of the deflating of the balls.
Back to top Go down
SteelersYak

SteelersYak

PostSubject: Re: How much will we lose by week 1?   How much will we lose by week 1? - Page 3 EmptyTue Sep 08, 2015 12:45 pm

My blood is boiling from all of this. There is nothing I would love more than to kick their candy asses.

PostSubject: Re: How much will we lose by week 1?   How much will we lose by week 1? - Page 3 EmptyTue Sep 08, 2015 12:58 pm

SteelersYak wrote:
My blood is boiling from all of this. There is nothing I would love more than to kick their candy asses.
Me too. I'd like nothing more than to humiliate them on national television and have Brady wishing that he had just sat the game out. I know outside of Harrison and Ben, we have no one left who was on the 2004 team but I just hope that motivates them like hell. Knowing that these cheaters are responsible for missed conference championship wins and Goodell covered it up because he knew how bad it would look for the league if the "Pats* dynasty" was sullied. I think that's what angers me the most. We have no idea what would have happened had we played STL or PHI in the Super Bowls those years. I've never hated a team as much as I have NE and I am also a lifelong New York Yankees hater. I hate them too but I never felt that they themselves did anything illegitimate against my teams. The Pats* OTOH are the poster boys for cheating in team sports but yeah everyone's just jealous.
Back to top Go down
Fire Arians

Fire Arians

PostSubject: Re: How much will we lose by week 1?   How much will we lose by week 1? - Page 3 EmptyTue Sep 08, 2015 1:02 pm

I'm going to think about this as just another game. The Steelers are like 0-4 against the Pats* whenever I talk about how much I hate them, so I won't How much will we lose by week 1? - Page 3 1797695198
Back to top Go down
Hawaii 5-0

Hawaii 5-0

PostSubject: Re: How much will we lose by week 1?   How much will we lose by week 1? - Page 3 EmptyWed Sep 09, 2015 1:26 pm

Ron Cook: With injuries, suspensions and a porous defense, Steelers likely a .500 team

September 8, 2015
By Ron Cook / Pittsburgh Post-Gazette

I know how good Ben Roethlisberger and Antonio Brown are. That’s why I want to predict a winning record for the Steelers and another trip to the playoffs with maybe even a shot at getting to Super Bowl 50. But I can’t. Not with the broken-leg injury to Maurkice Pouncey, who will miss at least half the season. Not with suspended Le’Veon Bell, who will miss the first two games, and suspended Martavis Bryant, who will miss the first four. Certainly not with the defense, that poor, poor, potentially pathetic defense.

8-8.

No playoffs for the third time in four seasons.

It’s hard to get past that defense.

“I’m not as concerned as you might imagine,” Mike Tomlin said.

Really?

Here it is, two days before the opening game at New England, and the Steelers still don’t appear to have a clue about who to start in the secondary. They were counting on cornerback Cortez Allen to bounce back from a miserable 2014 season, but he showed nothing in the preseason and could be replaced by Antwon Blake. They thought Shamarko Thomas could step in at safety, but he showed even less than Allen and appears to have lost his job to Will Allen.

What a mess.

The Steelers absolutely have butchered the cornerback position. They gave Allen a four-year, $24.6 million contract extension before last season and, even though he was awful, decided to bring him back to play opposite William Gay despite having to pay him a $3 million roster bonus. That’s big money that now appears wasted. The Steelers drafted Doran Grant in the fourth round in May and released him Sunday. They had some bad luck with second-round pick Senquez Golson, who showed up at training camp with a bad shoulder, had surgery and is lost for the season. They had to trade for Brandon Boykin from the Philadelphia Eagles and sign Ross Cockrell after he was cut by the Buffalo Bills.

The safety position is just as unsettled. Mike Mitchell should be fine in his second year with the Steelers if he’s healthy, but Thomas, starting his third season here, has been a major disappointment. Special-teams ace Robert Golden is the depth. The team cut seventh-round pick Gerod Holliman.

Do you think Patriots* quarterback Tom Brady is eager to line up against the Steelers Thursday night?

to read rest of article:

http://www.post-gazette.com/sports/ron-cook/2015/09/08/With-injuries-suspensions-and-a-porous-defense-espcially-in-the-secondary-Steelers-likely-are-a-500-team-this-season/stories/201509080045
Back to top Go down
Lokki
Jerkimus Maximus
Lokki

PostSubject: Re: How much will we lose by week 1?   How much will we lose by week 1? - Page 3 EmptyWed Sep 09, 2015 4:31 pm

MUST WINE... NO CAN LOSE!!

Seriously though, I'm cautiously optimistic at this point. I think that we still have a good chance against the Pats*. Even if we lose and end up 1-1 when Bell comes back, the Offense should keep us afloat while the defense starts to get its act together.
Back to top Go down
jak341

jak341

PostSubject: Re: How much will we lose by week 1?   How much will we lose by week 1? - Page 3 EmptyWed Sep 09, 2015 4:52 pm

Hawaii 5-0 wrote:
Ron Cook: With injuries, suspensions and a porous defense, Steelers likely a .500 team

September 8, 2015
By Ron Cook / Pittsburgh Post-Gazette

[...]

8-8.

No playoffs for the third time in four seasons.

[...]

http://www.post-gazette.com/sports/ron-cook/2015/09/08/With-injuries-suspensions-and-a-porous-defense-espcially-in-the-secondary-Steelers-likely-are-a-500-team-this-season/stories/201509080045

Couple that stat with this stat: last post-season win was back in 2010. For Steelers fans, that is an eternity.

I feel the fans will be calling for people's heads if we finish 8-8, including Tomlin, Butler, Haley, and Colbert.
Back to top Go down
ImperialFan

ImperialFan

PostSubject: Re: How much will we lose by week 1?   How much will we lose by week 1? - Page 3 EmptyWed Sep 09, 2015 4:57 pm

Steelcitian wrote:
I think the title of this thread sucks. Already counting them out?? If the team thought the same way, they really will lose. Thats why they play the games. Its no sure thing that the Patriots*** will win. Maybe this will give the Steelers the edge they need to overcome.

The title of this thread does suck, and so does our secondary. Yes we could win this game but we all know our defense is going to give up atleast 25-30 points so Ben and Brown are really going to have to tote the load and Williams is going to have to do better than people expect to keep the Pats** defense honest. Frankly the Pats** have a better defense than we do and in order for us to win this game IN gillette WITHOUT Bell,Bryant or Pouncey, It's going to take a miracle and probably ben putting up 40 or 50 points.

PostSubject: Re: How much will we lose by week 1?   How much will we lose by week 1? - Page 3 EmptyWed Sep 09, 2015 5:05 pm

Steelcitian wrote:
I think the title of this thread sucks. Already counting them out?? If the team thought the same way, they really will lose. Thats why they play the games. Its no sure thing that the Patriots** will win. Maybe this will give the Steelers the edge they need to overcome.

Think of a silver lining.

Maybe the team is so pissed off from hearing they have no chance, they play the game of their lives.

Good thought, but I expect Brady to pick our secondary apart.
Back to top Go down
Hawaii 5-0

Hawaii 5-0

PostSubject: Re: How much will we lose by week 1?   How much will we lose by week 1? - Page 3 EmptyThu Sep 10, 2015 11:57 pm

ImperialFan wrote:
I would put 1,000 dollars on the Pats** scoring 30+ points, i dont think anyone would take me up on that bet though

lucky for you no one did...
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: How much will we lose by week 1?   How much will we lose by week 1? - Page 3 Empty

Back to top Go down

How much will we lose by week 1?
Page 3 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next