Steelers Xtreme Forum

HomeHow much will we lose by week 1? - Page 2 Home10RegisterLog inContact
Become a member of the Steelers Xtreme community to join in on the discussions and get access to members-only forums. Registering is free and easy.

How much will we lose by week 1?

Go down 
+29
OX1947
Lokki
Drizztbob
SteelersCanada
Steeler-in-west
WVABE
teegre
Wallace108
ImmaculateGreenePolamalu
SteelersNorth
SteelersYak
Craziaskowboi
Rhyno
pczach
solardave
Chaotic Zen
SoCalFan
white_steel_wolfe
steelcrazy
tony hipchest
Fire Arians
KeepHarrisonTilHes92
FrancoLambert
Steeler Zach
vasteeler
Atlanta Dan
jak341
Hawaii 5-0
ImperialFan
33 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
FrancoLambert

How much will we lose by week 1? - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: How much will we lose by week 1?   How much will we lose by week 1? - Page 2 EmptyFri Sep 04, 2015 11:05 am

Atlanta Dan wrote:
SteelersYak wrote:
Not even Week 1 and the negative Nancies are out in full force.

Seriously. Not one meaningful snap and we get pessimistic threads like this.

Unreal.

Yep - unreal - with this record against Brady in Foxboro why would anyone be pessimistic, especially after the splendid preseason the Steelers have just completed

55 - 31 November 2013

34 - 13 December 2007

30 - 14 September 2002

We need more positive thinking like this

You're a negative Nancy when you see major deficiencies on your team (read defense), and you point them out. How much will we lose by week 1? - Page 2 2829330259
Get real.....react and predict based on what you see...not what you want to see. How much will we lose by week 1? - Page 2 2672159185

Back to top Go down
SteelersYak

SteelersYak

PostSubject: Re: How much will we lose by week 1?   How much will we lose by week 1? - Page 2 EmptyFri Sep 04, 2015 11:06 am

Atlanta Dan wrote:
SteelersYak wrote:

Unreal.

Yep - unreal - with this record against Brady in Foxboro why would anyone be pessimistic, especially after the splendid preseason the Steelers have just completed

55 - 31 November 2013

34 - 13 December 2007

30 - 14 September 2002

We need more positive thinking like this

Might as well just forfeit the game then. Clearly, the past means we have NO chance to win this game.

Those of you who are Chicken Littles... are you even excited to watch the game? Will you turn it off after the Patriots* score the first time?

PostSubject: Re: How much will we lose by week 1?   How much will we lose by week 1? - Page 2 EmptyFri Sep 04, 2015 11:46 am

SteelersYak wrote:

Might as well just forfeit the game then. Clearly, the past means we have NO chance to win this game.

Those of you who are Chicken Littles... are you even excited to watch the game? Will you turn it off after the Patriots*** score the first time?

Nope - I probably will turn it off if it turns into a second half blowout like 2 years ago or the 2 times before that when the Steelers played Brady in Foxboro - watching the Patriots** run up the score is not my idea of a good time

In response to your statement, of course the Steelers have "a chance" - but as noted above in the reference to Jim Wexell, these season openers often involve the defending champs blowing out the visiting team

The race is not always to the swift, nor the battle to the strong, but that's the way to bet - Damon Runyon
Back to top Go down
Wallace108

Wallace108

PostSubject: Re: How much will we lose by week 1?   How much will we lose by week 1? - Page 2 EmptyFri Sep 04, 2015 12:05 pm

SteelersYak wrote:

Unreal.

When given the choice of pessimism and optimism, go with option C and choose realism. How much will we lose by week 1? - Page 2 230572241

And what's real right now is that I'm not confident that our defense can stop college offenses, much less Brady and the Patriots*. That doesn't mean that our offense won't have a monster game and the defense manages to do just enough to keep the offense within striking distance ... but I can certainly understand why some fans aren't feeling too optimistic about this game.

I'll say 34-24 Patriots*.

If you're going to be a smart ass, you'd better be smart. Otherwise, you're just an ass.
Back to top Go down
http://www.steelersxtreme.com/
SteelersYak

SteelersYak

PostSubject: Re: How much will we lose by week 1?   How much will we lose by week 1? - Page 2 EmptyFri Sep 04, 2015 12:30 pm

You know who talks like "How much do you think we'll lose by"? Browns fans. I have no problem with saying you think the Steelers will lose but a thread title of "How much do you think the Steelers will lose by" is pitiful. Have some faith.

Again, not one meaningful snap has been played. There are a lot of questions about the defense but that can play to the Steelers favor as well. Maybe they will be out of position in such a way that confuses Brady. Maybe that's been the plan all along. Who knows?

I don't, but I have faith.

Wallace108

PostSubject: Re: How much will we lose by week 1?   How much will we lose by week 1? - Page 2 EmptyFri Sep 04, 2015 1:01 pm

SteelersYak wrote:
You know who talks like "How much do you think we'll lose by"? Browns fans.  I have no problem with saying you think the Steelers will lose but a thread title of "How much do you think the Steelers will lose by" is pitiful. Have some faith.

Faith isn't going to help us win this game. Better defensive play is what we need. How much will we lose by week 1? - Page 2 1797695198

If you're going to be a smart ass, you'd better be smart. Otherwise, you're just an ass.
Back to top Go down
FrancoLambert

PostSubject: Re: How much will we lose by week 1?   How much will we lose by week 1? - Page 2 EmptyFri Sep 04, 2015 1:42 pm

So the deciding factor on whether it's a W or L is how much faith you have in your team.
Talent and execution have little to do with it. How much will we lose by week 1? - Page 2 1505004552
I believe in optimism, but not blind optimism.
I agree with Wallace......confront the reality. And the reality is our defense hasn't shown much to generate a lot of optimism.

And yes, even though I don't have a lot of confidence in us winning this game, I will watch it and root like mad for a win.

I will never understand how people who point out deficiencies get labeled a "negative Nancy" or a fair weather fan. How much will we lose by week 1? - Page 2 2829330259

Back to top Go down
Wallace108

Wallace108

PostSubject: Re: How much will we lose by week 1?   How much will we lose by week 1? - Page 2 EmptyFri Sep 04, 2015 2:47 pm

FrancoLambert wrote:
So the deciding factor on whether it's a W or L is how much faith you have in your team.
Talent and execution have little to do with it.  How much will we lose by week 1? - Page 2 1505004552
I believe in optimism, but not blind optimism.
I agree with Wallace......confront the reality.  And the reality is our defense hasn't shown much to generate a lot of optimism.

And yes, even though I don't have a lot of confidence in us winning this game, I will watch it and root like mad for a win.

I will never understand how people who point out deficiencies get labeled a "negative Nancy" or a fair weather fan.   How much will we lose by week 1? - Page 2 2829330259

Well said. I'm a firm believer in that there's no "right way" to be a fan.

Back to top Go down
teegre

teegre

PostSubject: Re: How much will we lose by week 1?   How much will we lose by week 1? - Page 2 EmptyFri Sep 04, 2015 2:58 pm

Is BB going go to play?

Yes... well then: 52-47 Steelers
Back to top Go down
WVABE

PostSubject: Re: How much will we lose by week 1?   How much will we lose by week 1? - Page 2 EmptyFri Sep 04, 2015 3:01 pm

We win easily, were not playing a shit team.

34-20
Back to top Go down
Craziaskowboi

PostSubject: Re: How much will we lose by week 1?   How much will we lose by week 1? - Page 2 EmptyFri Sep 04, 2015 3:26 pm

SteelersYak wrote:

Unreal.

Yinzers aren't happy unless they're bitching about shit. What's funny is, they claim they love the Steelers, but if that's how they show love, then their immediate family members can only be damaged goods from all the verbal and psychological abuse they've suffered.

If you need proof that Pittsburgh is a Northeastern city and not a Midwestern city, just take a look at how the sports fans act. Midwestern sports fans savor the wins, and still find a way to enjoy the camaraderie and festivities if they lose. Observe fans of the Packers and Chiefs if you need an idea of what I'm talking about. On the other hand, Northeastern sports fans aren't even happy with winning, and they become hateful and abusive if they lose. Which sounds more like Pittsburgh to you? By and large, Pittsburgh sports fans are psychotic assholes, just like sports fans in the rest of the Northeast.
Back to top Go down
SteelersYak

SteelersYak

PostSubject: Re: How much will we lose by week 1?   How much will we lose by week 1? - Page 2 EmptyFri Sep 04, 2015 3:55 pm

Faith makes it tolerable to interact with people that call themselves fans of the Steelers. I know it takes more than that to win a game. It's a good thing the naysayers aren't coaches because they wouldn't even get the team off the bus.

SteelersYak

PostSubject: Re: How much will we lose by week 1?   How much will we lose by week 1? - Page 2 EmptyFri Sep 04, 2015 3:56 pm

It's one thing to start a thread that asks for predictions of the games; it's another to ask how much the Steelers are going to lose by (as if winning isn't an option).

Haven't seen much out of the defense? When did they play a meaningful snap?

PostSubject: Re: How much will we lose by week 1?   How much will we lose by week 1? - Page 2 EmptyFri Sep 04, 2015 4:01 pm

SteelersYak wrote:
It's one thing to start a thread that asks for predictions of the games; it's another to ask how much the Steelers are going to lose by (as if winning isn't an option).

Haven't seen much out of the defense? When did they play a meaningful snap?
I agree with this. I understand why people are skeptical given the D's struggles last year and for much of preseason plus given our own historical struggles against Brady but ya know what, we can win this. I don't think for a second the team hasn't prepared for Brady in practice and honestly even though I think the suspension being nullified is lame, I am kind of glad because if we win, we get bragging rights and more importantly I think a young D needs to get some experience against Brady who the could well easily see again in the plaoffs.
Back to top Go down
SteelersYak

SteelersYak

PostSubject: Re: How much will we lose by week 1?   How much will we lose by week 1? - Page 2 EmptyFri Sep 04, 2015 4:54 pm

Has everyone been watching NE this preseason and have they been looking THAT good? I'm sure Tom Brady will be in form since he has had a quiet off-season.

pczach

PostSubject: Re: How much will we lose by week 1?   How much will we lose by week 1? - Page 2 EmptyFri Sep 04, 2015 5:24 pm

The claim that a team that won 11 games the year before, that also has an elite quarterback, and has no shot against anybody is ridiculous.

To make the claim that the Steelers have no chance is pure nonsense. This is not a 1-15 team that has a rookie quarterback and a boatload of bottom feeders at all positions. This is a playoff team that won the toughest division in football last year.

Anybody that thinks that a team with those credentials has no chance in a football game has to be assessing and predicting the game on something other than football knowledge and matchups. It's called predetermination, and it doesn't deal in reality or make you a reasonable fan. It's an irrational, emotional reaction to the fear of failure of your team.

Nothing about this game screams blowout........nothing. That doesn't mean it can't happen, but people need to stop thinking that the worst scenario is going to play out. Let's see what the team does when a real game plan is formulated for an opponent, and all the starters are on the field for an entire game before announcing that they are going to get blown out.

C'mon people..... let's see them play real football before we announce that they will only win 4 games this year.

SteelersYak

PostSubject: Re: How much will we lose by week 1?   How much will we lose by week 1? - Page 2 EmptyFri Sep 04, 2015 6:07 pm

pczach wrote:
The claim that a team that won 11 games the year before, that also has an elite quarterback, and has no shot against anybody is ridiculous.

To make the claim that the Steelers have no chance is pure nonsense. This is not a 1-15 team that has a rookie quarterback and a boatload of bottom feeders at all positions. This is a playoff team that won the toughest division in football last year.

Anybody that thinks that a team with those credentials has no chance in a football game has to be assessing and predicting the game on something other than football knowledge and matchups. It's called predetermination, and it doesn't deal in reality or make you a reasonable fan. It's an irrational, emotional reaction to the fear of failure of your team.

Nothing about this game screams blowout........nothing. That doesn't mean it can't happen, but people need to stop thinking that the worst scenario is going to play out. Let's see what the team does when a real game plan is formulated for an opponent, and all the starters are on the field for an entire game before announcing that they are going to get blown out.

C'mon people..... let's see them play real football before we announce that they will only win 4 games this year.

THANK YOU!!!! How much will we lose by week 1? - Page 2 1372836603 How much will we lose by week 1? - Page 2 677999948 How much will we lose by week 1? - Page 2 3299131622 How much will we lose by week 1? - Page 2 3299131622 How much will we lose by week 1? - Page 2 3299131622 How much will we lose by week 1? - Page 2 3299131622 How much will we lose by week 1? - Page 2 3299131622 How much will we lose by week 1? - Page 2 3299131622 How much will we lose by week 1? - Page 2 3299131622 How much will we lose by week 1? - Page 2 3299131622 How much will we lose by week 1? - Page 2 3299131622 How much will we lose by week 1? - Page 2 3299131622

PostSubject: Re: How much will we lose by week 1?   How much will we lose by week 1? - Page 2 EmptyFri Sep 04, 2015 6:25 pm

Maybe Goodell is so pissed off at losing his face off with the Patriots* that he called the head of the officiating crews and told him to make sure the Pats* get screwed in this game. How much will we lose by week 1? - Page 2 1797695198

Back to top Go down
KeepHarrisonTilHes92

KeepHarrisonTilHes92

PostSubject: Re: How much will we lose by week 1?   How much will we lose by week 1? - Page 2 EmptyFri Sep 04, 2015 6:34 pm

Why is everybody on edge? James Harrison bro. The one sent to overturn Judge Berman's verdict.
Back to top Go down
SteelersYak

SteelersYak

PostSubject: Re: How much will we lose by week 1?   How much will we lose by week 1? - Page 2 EmptyFri Sep 04, 2015 6:36 pm

FrancoLambert wrote:
Maybe Goodell is so pissed off at losing his face off with the Patriots** that he called the head of the officiating crews and told him to make sure the Pats** get screwed in this game.     How much will we lose by week 1? - Page 2 1797695198

If I had photoshop skills, I would make a picture of Goodell having his hand hovering over the B Dubs button.

How much will we lose by week 1? - Page 2 Hqdefault

SteelersYak

PostSubject: Re: How much will we lose by week 1?   How much will we lose by week 1? - Page 2 EmptyFri Sep 04, 2015 6:39 pm

FrancoLambert wrote:
Maybe Goodell is so pissed off at losing his face off with the Patriots** that he called the head of the officiating crews and told him to make sure the Pats** get screwed in this game.     How much will we lose by week 1? - Page 2 1797695198

If I had photoshop skills, I would make a picture of Goodell using that B Dubs button. Since I don't, close your eyes and imagine the image.

How much will we lose by week 1? - Page 2 Hqdefault

pczach

PostSubject: Re: How much will we lose by week 1?   How much will we lose by week 1? - Page 2 EmptyFri Sep 04, 2015 7:48 pm

FrancoLambert wrote:

That would be perfectly acceptable! How much will we lose by week 1? - Page 2 3798349058
Back to top Go down
Steeler-in-west

Steeler-in-west

PostSubject: Re: How much will we lose by week 1?   How much will we lose by week 1? - Page 2 EmptyFri Sep 04, 2015 9:00 pm

Screw this, were winning,

we have a high powered offense, and Williams will fill in well for Bell, he'll do enough to keep NE guessing

Just generate pass pressure, I'm sure the coaching staff are working on this

We're dealing with an immobile 38 year old QB
Back to top Go down
SoCalFan

SoCalFan

PostSubject: Re: How much will we lose by week 1?   How much will we lose by week 1? - Page 2 EmptyFri Sep 04, 2015 9:40 pm

I foresee baby brady having a terrible season, truth! Starting off with a pretty bad game against us throwing only 1 TD with 1 pick and a mediocre 185 yards. WE WILL WIN THIS GAME!

SteelersCanada

PostSubject: Re: How much will we lose by week 1?   How much will we lose by week 1? - Page 2 EmptyFri Sep 04, 2015 11:02 pm

Do we have Ben?

We've got a chance.

42 - 37 PIT.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: How much will we lose by week 1?   How much will we lose by week 1? - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

How much will we lose by week 1?
Page 2 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next