Steelers Xtreme Forum

HomeIt smells like GAMEDAY! (Steelers-Patriots* game thread) - Page 13 Home10RegisterLog inContact
Become a member of the Steelers Xtreme community to join in on the discussions and get access to members-only forums. Registering is free and easy.

It smells like GAMEDAY! (Steelers-Patriots* game thread)

Go down 
+32
therocksteeler
Rhyno
Fire Arians
fer69
Steeler Zach
schillah
Chaotic Zen
njsteeler87v2
zcoop
steelerdude15
steelcityboyz
vasteeler
SteelerSpartan
jak341
KeepHarrisonTilHes92
DesertSteel
HeinzMustard
Wallace108
Steel Peon
Hawaii 5-0
SteelersYak
SoCalFan
SteelersNorth
tony hipchest
WVABE
kirklandrules
stlrtruck
ImmaculateGreenePolamalu
Lokki
pczach
Stella Nation
Vis
36 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 11, 12, 13
AuthorMessage
ImmaculateGreenePolamalu

It smells like GAMEDAY! (Steelers-Patriots* game thread) - Page 13 Empty
PostSubject: Re: It smells like GAMEDAY! (Steelers-Patriots* game thread)   It smells like GAMEDAY! (Steelers-Patriots* game thread) - Page 13 EmptyThu Sep 10, 2015 11:34 pm

Frustrating.
Back to top Go down
ImmaculateGreenePolamalu

PostSubject: Re: It smells like GAMEDAY! (Steelers-Patriots* game thread)   It smells like GAMEDAY! (Steelers-Patriots* game thread) - Page 13 EmptyThu Sep 10, 2015 11:36 pm

Well thats game.
Back to top Go down
pczach

pczach

PostSubject: Re: It smells like GAMEDAY! (Steelers-Patriots* game thread)   It smells like GAMEDAY! (Steelers-Patriots* game thread) - Page 13 EmptyThu Sep 10, 2015 11:36 pm

The effort was very good. Just too many mistakes in key situations, and not much luck tonight. They have something to build on from this game.

jak341

You have got to make those catches Wheaton!
Back to top Go down
ImmaculateGreenePolamalu

PostSubject: Re: It smells like GAMEDAY! (Steelers-Patriots* game thread)   It smells like GAMEDAY! (Steelers-Patriots* game thread) - Page 13 EmptyThu Sep 10, 2015 11:37 pm

They DON'T always play by the rules, Chris.
Back to top Go down
ImmaculateGreenePolamalu

PostSubject: Re: It smells like GAMEDAY! (Steelers-Patriots* game thread)   It smells like GAMEDAY! (Steelers-Patriots* game thread) - Page 13 EmptyThu Sep 10, 2015 11:38 pm

Malcolm Butler is a one hit wonder.
Back to top Go down
pczach

pczach

PostSubject: Re: It smells like GAMEDAY! (Steelers-Patriots* game thread)   It smells like GAMEDAY! (Steelers-Patriots* game thread) - Page 13 EmptyThu Sep 10, 2015 11:39 pm

Yeah Chris, that wasn't a great throw. Butler somehow missed it..............

Jerkimus Maximus
Lokki

PostSubject: Re: It smells like GAMEDAY! (Steelers-Patriots* game thread)   It smells like GAMEDAY! (Steelers-Patriots* game thread) - Page 13 EmptyThu Sep 10, 2015 11:39 pm

Collinsworth can't wait to get in the locker room showers with the Pats* players. He just wants the game over with.
Back to top Go down
ImmaculateGreenePolamalu

PostSubject: Re: It smells like GAMEDAY! (Steelers-Patriots* game thread)   It smells like GAMEDAY! (Steelers-Patriots* game thread) - Page 13 EmptyThu Sep 10, 2015 11:40 pm

How the hell do you spin this as a positive game for Butler? God he's a nice story but he wasn't good at all.
Back to top Go down
ImmaculateGreenePolamalu

PostSubject: Re: It smells like GAMEDAY! (Steelers-Patriots* game thread)   It smells like GAMEDAY! (Steelers-Patriots* game thread) - Page 13 EmptyThu Sep 10, 2015 11:42 pm

Anyhow I'm okay. We need to execute better but I really like what I saw from Williams. Solid signing.
Back to top Go down
jak341

jak341

PostSubject: Re: It smells like GAMEDAY! (Steelers-Patriots* game thread)   It smells like GAMEDAY! (Steelers-Patriots* game thread) - Page 13 EmptyThu Sep 10, 2015 11:43 pm

As in Malcom Butler? He gave up 100+ yards and a TD (although late). If he is the Patriots* #1 CB, they are in serious trouble defensively.

I don't get the love fest. Yes, he made a good play in the SB. But it was more of a shitty call coupled with a inexperienced reciever that didn't shield the ball with his body that allowed the play to be made.
Back to top Go down
schillah

schillah

PostSubject: Re: It smells like GAMEDAY! (Steelers-Patriots* game thread)   It smells like GAMEDAY! (Steelers-Patriots* game thread) - Page 13 EmptyThu Sep 10, 2015 11:43 pm

jak341 wrote:
You have got to make those catches Wheaton!

He made some good catches but also showed his concentration is not always there.

pczach

PostSubject: Re: It smells like GAMEDAY! (Steelers-Patriots* game thread)   It smells like GAMEDAY! (Steelers-Patriots* game thread) - Page 13 EmptyThu Sep 10, 2015 11:45 pm

ImmaculateGreenePolamalu wrote:
How the hell do you spin this as a positive game for Butler? God he's a nice story but he wasn't good at all.

I don't think you can blame everything on Butler. They demoted or cut a bunch of players that got much of the playing time this preseason. Boykin and Cockrell were complete nonfactors because I think they believe they don't know the defense well enough to play yet. Shamarko Thomas played a ton of snaps trying to will him into a starter. It didn't work, and they got very little snaps to solidify a suspect secondary. They will get better. They need to make some better adjustments, but the offense made too many mistakes and didn't score enough points to win tonight.

Let's see how they perform from here.

pczach

PostSubject: Re: It smells like GAMEDAY! (Steelers-Patriots* game thread)   It smells like GAMEDAY! (Steelers-Patriots* game thread) - Page 13 EmptyThu Sep 10, 2015 11:46 pm

pczach wrote:

I don't think you can blame everything on Butler. They demoted or cut a bunch of players that got much of the playing time this preseason. Boykin and Cockrell were complete nonfactors because I think they believe they don't know the defense well enough to play yet. Shamarko Thomas played a ton of snaps trying to will him into a starter. It didn't work, and they got very little snaps to solidify a suspect secondary. They will get better. They need to make some better adjustments, but the offense made too many mistakes and didn't score enough points to win tonight.

Let's see how they perform from here.

Sorry, I thought you were talking about our defensive coordinator.
Back to top Go down
ImmaculateGreenePolamalu

PostSubject: Re: It smells like GAMEDAY! (Steelers-Patriots* game thread)   It smells like GAMEDAY! (Steelers-Patriots* game thread) - Page 13 EmptyThu Sep 10, 2015 11:48 pm

Sorry I meant the Pats* CB not our DC. It was always going to be a work in progress with the defense. They're young and are learning. If they played like this mid season, I'd bitch at Keith but it's early.
Back to top Go down
ImmaculateGreenePolamalu

PostSubject: Re: It smells like GAMEDAY! (Steelers-Patriots* game thread)   It smells like GAMEDAY! (Steelers-Patriots* game thread) - Page 13 EmptyThu Sep 10, 2015 11:50 pm

Anyhow guys. I still feel we can make the playoffs but we have a lot to work on both sides of the ball but it wasn't Brady putting 50 or even 40 on us.
Back to top Go down
tony hipchest

PostSubject: Re: It smells like GAMEDAY! (Steelers-Patriots* game thread)   It smells like GAMEDAY! (Steelers-Patriots* game thread) - Page 13 EmptyThu Sep 10, 2015 11:51 pm

Patriots* only cheated 3 times tonight. Scrambling the signals of the coaches headsets. Simulating the snap count. In Jabal Sheard not buckling his helmet strap.

Like they say in NASCAR if you ain't cheating, you ain't trying. In the Patriots* are proof of that.

Football is a game of inches that usually comes down to three or four plays a game. The Patriots* massage that nut like nobody else.

. .
Back to top Go down
tony hipchest

PostSubject: Re: It smells like GAMEDAY! (Steelers-Patriots* game thread)   It smells like GAMEDAY! (Steelers-Patriots* game thread) - Page 13 EmptyThu Sep 10, 2015 11:53 pm

Anyhow guys. I still feel we can make the playoffs but we have a lot to work on both sides of the ball but it wasn't Brady putting 50 or even 40 on us.
Brady was that is the absolute best and we still should have one. Ben was actually just as good all game except for the stupid Hail Mary pass with 7 minutes left to go. Dumb play call, dumb throw by Ben

. .
Back to top Go down
ImmaculateGreenePolamalu

PostSubject: Re: It smells like GAMEDAY! (Steelers-Patriots* game thread)   It smells like GAMEDAY! (Steelers-Patriots* game thread) - Page 13 EmptyThu Sep 10, 2015 11:54 pm

Yeah the headset thing bothers me too. Hopefully someone asks Tomlin about it. These guys are serial cheaters and I see nothing has changed at all. Yeah I'm a little upset that we lost when we could have won but these guys did nothing to dispel what everyone knows. Just pathetic but of course the story will be about how Tom Brady did it all.
Back to top Go down
ImmaculateGreenePolamalu

PostSubject: Re: It smells like GAMEDAY! (Steelers-Patriots* game thread)   It smells like GAMEDAY! (Steelers-Patriots* game thread) - Page 13 EmptyThu Sep 10, 2015 11:56 pm

I'm still hoping for a chance to beat them at Foxboro to make the SB. They need to know the pain of losing at home in front of their fans.
Back to top Go down
tony hipchest

PostSubject: Re: It smells like GAMEDAY! (Steelers-Patriots* game thread)   It smells like GAMEDAY! (Steelers-Patriots* game thread) - Page 13 EmptyFri Sep 11, 2015 12:21 am

The Patriots* are 45 and 4 at home since 2009. Mike Tomlin said post-game the headsets going out is something that always happens there. I don't think anyone has to tell Tomlin nothing. The whole league knows this is going on and Roger Goodell continues to cover it up.

. .
Back to top Go down
tony hipchest

PostSubject: Re: It smells like GAMEDAY! (Steelers-Patriots* game thread)   It smells like GAMEDAY! (Steelers-Patriots* game thread) - Page 13 EmptyFri Sep 11, 2015 1:21 am

tony hipchest wrote:
Patriots** have already cut off Bens helmet communication
I noticed this before the game even started, before any of the television f******* started talking about it. Ben was motioning to his coach as soon as they won the coin toss.

If you recorded the game go and check it out

. .
Back to top Go down
tony hipchest

PostSubject: Re: It smells like GAMEDAY! (Steelers-Patriots* game thread)   It smells like GAMEDAY! (Steelers-Patriots* game thread) - Page 13 EmptyFri Sep 11, 2015 1:25 am

tony hipchest wrote:
Nate Solder is getting pushed around by Jarvis Jones and James Harrison

They just gave Nate a 10 million dollar per year extension 2 days ago.

Bill Belichick benched their starting left tackle tonight, midway through the game, for sucking so bad.

. .
Back to top Go down
SteelersNorth

PostSubject: Re: It smells like GAMEDAY! (Steelers-Patriots* game thread)   It smells like GAMEDAY! (Steelers-Patriots* game thread) - Page 13 EmptyFri Sep 11, 2015 7:35 am

tony hipchest wrote:
Brady was that is the absolute best and we still should have one. Ben was actually just as good all game except for the stupid Hail Mary pass with 7 minutes left to go. Dumb play call, dumb throw by Ben

The deep pass was a brutal play call. Almost all the intermediate passing and underneath stuff was working. Plus almost anything they would bounce outside gained easily 5 yards a carry.

The Wheaton catch on the sideline was amazing though.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: It smells like GAMEDAY! (Steelers-Patriots* game thread)   It smells like GAMEDAY! (Steelers-Patriots* game thread) - Page 13 Empty

Back to top Go down

It smells like GAMEDAY! (Steelers-Patriots* game thread)
Page 13 of 13Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 11, 12, 13