Steelers Xtreme Forum

HomeBen Roethlisberger's message to WR Martavis Bryant: 'Get tough' Home10RegisterLog inContact
Become a member of the Steelers Xtreme community to join in on the discussions and get access to members-only forums. Registering is free and easy.

Ben Roethlisberger's message to WR Martavis Bryant: 'Get tough'

Go down 
+6
Atlanta Dan
vasteeler
Buddha Bus
FrancoLambert
DesertSteel
ImperialFan
10 posters
AuthorMessage
ImperialFan

ImperialFan

Ben Roethlisberger's message to WR Martavis Bryant: 'Get tough' Empty
PostSubject: Ben Roethlisberger's message to WR Martavis Bryant: 'Get tough'   Ben Roethlisberger's message to WR Martavis Bryant: 'Get tough' EmptyTue Jan 05, 2016 10:12 pm

PITTSBURGH -- After failing to connect with his biggest deep passing threat for two straight weeks, Pittsburgh Steelers quarterback Ben Roethlisberger delivered a pointed playoff message to receiver Martavis Bryant.

Time to get tough for Saturday's AFC wild-card game in Cincinnati.

full article
http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/14509225/got-toughen-up

DesertSteel

PostSubject: Re: Ben Roethlisberger's message to WR Martavis Bryant: 'Get tough'   Ben Roethlisberger's message to WR Martavis Bryant: 'Get tough' EmptyTue Jan 05, 2016 10:27 pm

Time to man up.
Back to top Go down
FrancoLambert

PostSubject: Re: Ben Roethlisberger's message to WR Martavis Bryant: 'Get tough'   Ben Roethlisberger's message to WR Martavis Bryant: 'Get tough' EmptyWed Jan 06, 2016 10:20 am

Martavis needs to get tougher.....Ben needs to play smarter.
Back to top Go down
Buddha Bus

Buddha Bus

PostSubject: Re: Ben Roethlisberger's message to WR Martavis Bryant: 'Get tough'   Ben Roethlisberger's message to WR Martavis Bryant: 'Get tough' EmptyWed Jan 06, 2016 12:22 pm

FrancoLambert wrote:

And Antwon Blake needs to play in traffic.

Back to top Go down
vasteeler

vasteeler

PostSubject: Re: Ben Roethlisberger's message to WR Martavis Bryant: 'Get tough'   Ben Roethlisberger's message to WR Martavis Bryant: 'Get tough' EmptyWed Jan 06, 2016 12:46 pm

Buddha Bus wrote:
FrancoLambert wrote:

...during rush hour

"Zed's dead, baby. Zed's dead." - Butch
Back to top Go down
Atlanta Dan

PostSubject: Re: Ben Roethlisberger's message to WR Martavis Bryant: 'Get tough'   Ben Roethlisberger's message to WR Martavis Bryant: 'Get tough' EmptyWed Jan 06, 2016 1:03 pm

I would joke about Bryant reacting to his public flogging by Ben by thinking "I really could use a joint right now" but given his substance abuse problems Bryant probably is thinking that and it is no joking matter
Back to top Go down
SteelerSpartan

SteelerSpartan

PostSubject: Re: Ben Roethlisberger's message to WR Martavis Bryant: 'Get tough'   Ben Roethlisberger's message to WR Martavis Bryant: 'Get tough' EmptyWed Jan 06, 2016 1:31 pm

Yeah...but so does ben...and everybody else on the team. The level of play these last 2-3 weeks, isn't anywhere close to where it needs to be.

Hoping the extra chance the bills gave them, has reignited their flame. And that doesn't just mean to go for kill shots, getting into scrums after the whistle, and bitching loudly about the officials.

They have to play hard....but smart.

Atlanta Dan

PostSubject: Re: Ben Roethlisberger's message to WR Martavis Bryant: 'Get tough'   Ben Roethlisberger's message to WR Martavis Bryant: 'Get tough' EmptyWed Jan 06, 2016 4:53 pm

A-OK then - problem solved Ben Roethlisberger's message to WR Martavis Bryant: 'Get tough' 1797695198
Back to top Go down
El-Gonzo Jackson

El-Gonzo Jackson

PostSubject: Re: Ben Roethlisberger's message to WR Martavis Bryant: 'Get tough'   Ben Roethlisberger's message to WR Martavis Bryant: 'Get tough' EmptyWed Jan 06, 2016 6:02 pm

vasteeler wrote:
Buddha Bus wrote:
FrancoLambert wrote:

...during rush hour

Cars going past him and he cant catch up. Just like WR's on Sunday. Ben Roethlisberger's message to WR Martavis Bryant: 'Get tough' 1505004552
Back to top Go down
SteelersYak

SteelersYak

PostSubject: Re: Ben Roethlisberger's message to WR Martavis Bryant: 'Get tough'   Ben Roethlisberger's message to WR Martavis Bryant: 'Get tough' EmptyWed Jan 06, 2016 7:38 pm

I wouldn't be surprised is Marty comes out and absolutely lights it up on Saturday. I have a feeling we will need a HUGE game from the wide receivers.

Hawaii 5-0

PostSubject: Re: Ben Roethlisberger's message to WR Martavis Bryant: 'Get tough'   Ben Roethlisberger's message to WR Martavis Bryant: 'Get tough' EmptyWed Feb 10, 2016 8:40 pm

Martavis Bryant to train in L.A., talk with counselor once a week this offseason

Feb 8, 2016
Jeremy Fowler
ESPN Staff Writer

Martavis Bryant emerged as a core player for Pittsburgh's offense after returning from a four-game suspension for multiple failed NFL drug tests. He posted 765 yards with seven touchdowns in 11 regular-season games, followed by 267 playoff yards rushing and receiving in two games. Steelers quarterbacks targeted Bryant more than eight times per game.

The Steelers are hoping for a quiet offseason from Bryant, whose suspension dropped abruptly before the season opener in New England. The team wants Bryant to remain clean and productive.

For the start of the offseason, Bryant is spending time in Los Angeles. He's working with a trainer out there, according to his mother, Roberta. He'll spend part of the offseason in California while also returning to Pittsburgh and his home state of South Carolina at times.

Bryant is also talking with noted counselor John Lucas via phone once a week, Roberta said. Bryant worked with Lucas in Houston during his suspension. Lucas is a former NBA player who overcame addiction, and now he helps athletes with their problems.

When speaking with Steelers.com late last month, Bryant called the start of his 2015 season "rocky," but said he believed he matured throughout the year.

One example he cited was the challenge from Ben Roethlisberger to "toughen up" entering the playoffs after scoring zero touchdowns in his final four regular-season games.

"Everybody got used to me scoring touchdowns every game, and when I went through a span that I didn't score like three or four weeks straight, everybody was like, 'What is going on?'" Bryant said. "You can't score every game. You've got to do what you've got to do to help the team out, so I would say I learned how to keep myself motivated and just stay consistent."

http://espn.go.com/blog/pittsburgh-steelers/post/_/id/17711/martavis-bryant-to-train-in-l-a-talk-with-counselor-once-a-week-this-offseason
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Ben Roethlisberger's message to WR Martavis Bryant: 'Get tough'   Ben Roethlisberger's message to WR Martavis Bryant: 'Get tough' Empty

Back to top Go down

Ben Roethlisberger's message to WR Martavis Bryant: 'Get tough'
Page 1 of 1