Steelers Xtreme Forum

HomeMartavis Bryant reinstated Home10RegisterLog inContact
Become a member of the Steelers Xtreme community to join in on the discussions and get access to members-only forums. Registering is free and easy.

Martavis Bryant reinstated

Go down 
+8
Wallace108
effyou515
WVABE
stlrtruck
solardave
IowaSteeler927
OX1947
BlackAndGold
12 posters
AuthorMessage
BlackAndGold

BlackAndGold

Martavis Bryant reinstated Empty
PostSubject: Martavis Bryant reinstated   Martavis Bryant reinstated EmptyTue Apr 25, 2017 4:08 pm

Back to top Go down
OX1947

OX1947

PostSubject: Re: Martavis Bryant reinstated   Martavis Bryant reinstated EmptyTue Apr 25, 2017 5:04 pm

gonna need him to spread the field. BAD.
Back to top Go down
IowaSteeler927

IowaSteeler927

PostSubject: Re: Martavis Bryant reinstated   Martavis Bryant reinstated EmptyWed Apr 26, 2017 1:35 am

About time! I've been reading that he's in the best shape of his life. He just ran an (unofficial) 40 yard dash of 4.27 (hand-timed) which was posted up on his social media.

Hoping this kid has learned his lesson and will be ready to go. I think if we'd of had him on the field all of last season things might've been very different for us. Our offense seemed far too reliant on AB, and Bell and was missing that third dimension. Bryant's presence is going to create opportunities for Brown, Bell, and even the TEs like James, Grimble, and Green.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyGLM8goxBzHK5YBJBS9uaQ
solardave

solardave

PostSubject: Re: Martavis Bryant reinstated   Martavis Bryant reinstated EmptyWed Apr 26, 2017 6:14 am

As long as he keeps his head straight we need him. This could be a quantum leap for our offense this year. With his build he should be able to shed tacklers like Julio Jones. Potential beast, or bust if he screws up again. Time will tell.
Back to top Go down
stlrtruck

stlrtruck

PostSubject: Re: Martavis Bryant reinstated   Martavis Bryant reinstated EmptyWed Apr 26, 2017 1:04 pm

I don't know why it took the NFL this long to make this decision. Purposely holding a team hostage up until the day before the draft. It's a ridiculous process and didn't need to bet his long.

I hope Bryant comes out and proves all the doubters wrong by catching opening TD in the Super Bowl, followed by the final reception in the game to seal the deal.

1 NATION
STEELERS NATION Martavis Bryant reinstated 3056903510

I am the MAN that created the MYTH that started the LEGEND

Don't choose good when greatness is available!
Back to top Go down
WVABE

PostSubject: Re: Martavis Bryant reinstated   Martavis Bryant reinstated EmptyWed Apr 26, 2017 3:44 pm

Sure hope he stays straightened out.

Back to top Go down
effyou515

effyou515

PostSubject: Re: Martavis Bryant reinstated   Martavis Bryant reinstated EmptyThu Apr 27, 2017 11:33 am

Martavis Bryant reinstated 1335507402

(pot head 1) I told them I quit smoking weed.
(pot head 2 ) did the believe you?
(pot head 1 ) they reinstated me didn't they.

Martavis Bryant reinstated 1378315869

I think Bryant learned some thing last season watching his team go deep into the playoffs.

And once again the truth is found
Back to top Go down
Wallace108

Wallace108

PostSubject: Re: Martavis Bryant reinstated   Martavis Bryant reinstated EmptyMon Jun 19, 2017 11:31 am

Roethlisberger says Martavis Bryant 'looks like a stud,' expects a full season

Take it with the standard grain of salt that comes with any NFL news item in the middle of June, but the Steelers are sounding optimistic about Martavis Bryant in the early going of 2017. Specifically, quarterback Ben Roethlisberger thinks that Bryant looks like his previously outstanding self, calling the wideout, who spent the 2016 season suspended, a "stud."

"Good — learning some of the stuff we put in last year he didn't know about, remembering things that we had in before," Roethlisberger told the Pittsburgh Post-Gazette when asked how Bryant was fitting in with the team. "He looks like a stud, as usual, so we're excited for him to be on the field this year and help us out."

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/ben-roethlisberger-says-martavis-bryant-looks-like-a-stud-expects-a-full-season/

If you're going to be a smart ass, you'd better be smart. Otherwise, you're just an ass.
Back to top Go down
http://www.steelersxtreme.com/
FrancoLambert

PostSubject: Re: Martavis Bryant reinstated   Martavis Bryant reinstated EmptyMon Jun 19, 2017 2:32 pm

All of the reports I've read about him have made it a point to mention his build and stature.

"Looks like a beast." "10 more pounds of muscle and seems faster" "Fluid moves."

Plus he's been saying all the right things and sounds somewhat sincere.

If he's beat his "addiction" and stays clean, he's going to be a match-up nightmare for CB's.
Back to top Go down
IowaSteeler927

IowaSteeler927

PostSubject: Re: Martavis Bryant reinstated   Martavis Bryant reinstated EmptyTue Jun 20, 2017 4:05 am

All I'm gonna say is I cannot freaking wait for the start of the season. This receiving corps could be one of the best overall, in the history of the game.

solardave

solardave

PostSubject: Re: Martavis Bryant reinstated   Martavis Bryant reinstated EmptyTue Jun 20, 2017 6:12 am

If we don't have injuries this set of WRs will put the fear in any defense out there.
AB
Bryant
JuJu
Rogers
Then there's Hamilton,Coates,Ayres,Hunter,DHB
I can see guys not making our team that will start for other teams. We have talent in spades and the right man to throw it for at least one more year. I hope and pray there is a sense of urgency this year.
Back to top Go down
FrancoLambert

PostSubject: Re: Martavis Bryant reinstated   Martavis Bryant reinstated EmptyTue Jun 20, 2017 2:47 pm

solardave wrote:
If we don't have injuries this set of WRs will put the fear in any defense out there.
AB
Bryant
JuJu
Rogers
I can see guys not making our team that will start for other teams. We have talent in spades and the right man to throw it for at least one more year. I hope and pray there is a sense of urgency this year.

The Ravens will pick up one of the WR's we drop.
It's a position of need for them.
They lucked out signing Maclin. Their WR depth chart wasn't too impressive before they signed him.
And it still could use some help.
Back to top Go down
solardave

solardave

PostSubject: Re: Martavis Bryant reinstated   Martavis Bryant reinstated EmptyTue Jun 20, 2017 3:07 pm

FrancoLambert wrote:
solardave wrote:
AB
Bryant
JuJu
Rogers

They lucked out signing Maclin.  Their WR depth chart wasn't too impressive before they signed him.

If they do pick from our castoffs he'll be a starter for them for sure
Back to top Go down
El-Gonzo Jackson

El-Gonzo Jackson

PostSubject: Re: Martavis Bryant reinstated   Martavis Bryant reinstated EmptyTue Jun 20, 2017 4:53 pm

FrancoLambert wrote:
solardave wrote:
AB
Bryant
JuJu
Rogers

They lucked out signing Maclin.  Their WR depth chart wasn't too impressive before they signed him.

I think Ayers makes it as a backup in the slot and the last spot is between Hunter or Coates. Honestly, Hamilton and whoever else they cast off isn't much of a starter, so not sure the Ravens troll those depths.
Back to top Go down
JPPT1974

JPPT1974

PostSubject: Re: Martavis Bryant reinstated   Martavis Bryant reinstated EmptyTue Jun 20, 2017 8:21 pm

Hope he is strengthening out his act for his sake and others around him.

IowaSteeler927

PostSubject: Re: Martavis Bryant reinstated   Martavis Bryant reinstated EmptyWed Jun 21, 2017 2:01 am

JPPT1974 wrote:
Hope he is strengthening out his act for his sake and others around him.

He seems like a man on a mission. He's done just about everything right, and came back in phenomenal shape. I expect big things from this kid. Hopefully he doesn't fall off the wagon again.

Hawaii 5-0

Hawaii 5-0

PostSubject: Re: Martavis Bryant reinstated   Martavis Bryant reinstated EmptyThu Aug 10, 2017 5:58 pm

Counting On Bryant To Take A More Consistent, Not Bigger, Step In 2017

BY DANIEL VALENTE
AUGUST 10, 2017

With a lengthy list of offensive talent, both the organization and fanbase are holding the expectation that the 2017 edition of the Pittsburgh Steelers’ offense will be able to hold their own against the best the NFL has to offer. While you would come to expect greatness from an offense featuring Ben Roethlisberger, Le’Veon Bell and Antonio Brown, there is one more familiar name that many are anxiously hoping could be the final piece to the puzzle – Martavis Bryant.

After spending all of last season away from football due to a suspension, Bryant is ready to put the past behind him and make his presence known on the field. A home run threat, Bryant is not shy when it comes to announcing his presence on the football field. Skim through any story linking Bryant’s return to the Steelers and guaranteed you will run into a bit that mentions how the Steelers’ receiver has caught 14 receiving touchdowns in just 21 games. Incredible, right? There’s no doubting that the Steelers could have used Bryant’s home run ability last season. But while Bryant has the ability to change the game with one play at any moment, he has struggled with the ability to consistently take over a game.

Bryant has recorded two receptions or less in seven of his total 21 regular season contests. Snowballing on, Bryant also has nine games with a catch percentage under 50-percent and 13 games with under 50 receiving yards. And while Bryant has recorded over 100 receiving yards in 5 regular season contests, he has struggled to follow up – averaging just 5 receptions and 41 receiving yards in the games that follow a 100-yard performance.

While Bryant has been the big play slugger early in his career, playing behind the likes of Bell and Brown, the team is counting on him to not to take a bigger step per say but a much more consistent step. Perhaps a daunting task for a receiver who has spent the last year out of football but there’s no reason to believe that Bryant cannot rise to the occasion. After all, this is the same receiver who drew comparisons to legendary wide receiver Randy Moss.

to read rest of article:

http://www.steelersdepot.com/2017/08/counting-bryant-take-consistent-not-bigger-step-2017/
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Martavis Bryant reinstated   Martavis Bryant reinstated Empty

Back to top Go down

Martavis Bryant reinstated
Page 1 of 1