Steelers Xtreme Forum

HomeGreatest Heavy Metal/Hard Rock Vocalist Of All-Time. Home10RegisterLog inContact
Become a member of the Steelers Xtreme community to join in on the discussions and get access to members-only forums. Registering is free and easy.

Greatest Heavy Metal/Hard Rock Vocalist Of All-Time.

Go down 
+7
effyou515
Master_Of_Puppets
Fire Arians
Steel Peon
GodSendBigBen
BornaSteelersfan
Buddha Bus
11 posters

Bruce Dickinson (Iron Maiden)
Greatest Heavy Metal/Hard Rock Vocalist Of All-Time. Vote_lcap13%Greatest Heavy Metal/Hard Rock Vocalist Of All-Time. Vote_rcap
 13% [ 4 ]
Rob Halford (Judas Priest)
Greatest Heavy Metal/Hard Rock Vocalist Of All-Time. Vote_lcap9%Greatest Heavy Metal/Hard Rock Vocalist Of All-Time. Vote_rcap
 9% [ 3 ]
Ronnie James Dio (Dio/Black Sabbath/Rainbow)
Greatest Heavy Metal/Hard Rock Vocalist Of All-Time. Vote_lcap0%Greatest Heavy Metal/Hard Rock Vocalist Of All-Time. Vote_rcap
 0% [ 0 ]
Ozzy Osbourne (Black Sabbath)
Greatest Heavy Metal/Hard Rock Vocalist Of All-Time. Vote_lcap19%Greatest Heavy Metal/Hard Rock Vocalist Of All-Time. Vote_rcap
 19% [ 6 ]
Geoff Tate (Queensryche)
Greatest Heavy Metal/Hard Rock Vocalist Of All-Time. Vote_lcap3%Greatest Heavy Metal/Hard Rock Vocalist Of All-Time. Vote_rcap
 3% [ 1 ]
Vince Neil (Motley Crue)
Greatest Heavy Metal/Hard Rock Vocalist Of All-Time. Vote_lcap0%Greatest Heavy Metal/Hard Rock Vocalist Of All-Time. Vote_rcap
 0% [ 0 ]
Robert Plant (Led Zeppelin)
Greatest Heavy Metal/Hard Rock Vocalist Of All-Time. Vote_lcap13%Greatest Heavy Metal/Hard Rock Vocalist Of All-Time. Vote_rcap
 13% [ 4 ]
Bon Scott (AC/DC)
Greatest Heavy Metal/Hard Rock Vocalist Of All-Time. Vote_lcap3%Greatest Heavy Metal/Hard Rock Vocalist Of All-Time. Vote_rcap
 3% [ 1 ]
Axl Rose (Guns N' Roses)
 3% [ 1 ]
Steven Tyler (Aerosmith)
 3% [ 1 ]
David Lee Roth (Van Halen)
 0% [ 0 ]
Layne Staley (Alice In Chains)
Greatest Heavy Metal/Hard Rock Vocalist Of All-Time. Vote_lcap6%Greatest Heavy Metal/Hard Rock Vocalist Of All-Time. Vote_rcap
 6% [ 2 ]
Joe Elliot (Def Leppard)
 0% [ 0 ]
Sebastian Bach (Skid Row)
 3% [ 1 ]
Bret Michaels (Poison)
 0% [ 0 ]
Mike Patton (Faith No More)
 3% [ 1 ]
David Coverdale (Whitesnake)
 0% [ 0 ]
Chris Cornell (Soundgarden/Audioslave)
Greatest Heavy Metal/Hard Rock Vocalist Of All-Time. Vote_lcap9%Greatest Heavy Metal/Hard Rock Vocalist Of All-Time. Vote_rcap
 9% [ 3 ]
Freddie Mercury (Queen)
 13% [ 4 ]
Paul Stanley (KISS)
 0% [ 0 ]
Total Votes : 32

AuthorMessage
Buddha Bus

Buddha Bus

Greatest Heavy Metal/Hard Rock Vocalist Of All-Time. Empty
PostSubject: Greatest Heavy Metal/Hard Rock Vocalist Of All-Time.   Greatest Heavy Metal/Hard Rock Vocalist Of All-Time. EmptyThu Aug 18, 2011 5:39 pm

Vote here for your favorite heavy metal vocalist of all-time.

You can vote for 3 singers.

This will be a floating poll, meaning that if an entrant does not receive any votes, they will be replaced and you can re-vote by clicking "cancel vote" at the bottom of the entry list at any time as often as you like.

This poll has no time limit.

Back to top Go down
Buddha Bus

Buddha Bus

PostSubject: Re: Greatest Heavy Metal/Hard Rock Vocalist Of All-Time.   Greatest Heavy Metal/Hard Rock Vocalist Of All-Time. EmptyWed Sep 07, 2011 5:46 pm

Freddie Mercury added. Greatest Heavy Metal/Hard Rock Vocalist Of All-Time. 184121345

Back to top Go down
BornaSteelersfan
Xtreme Newb
BornaSteelersfan

PostSubject: Re: Greatest Heavy Metal/Hard Rock Vocalist Of All-Time.   Greatest Heavy Metal/Hard Rock Vocalist Of All-Time. EmptyFri Jan 13, 2012 3:43 am

Since we are talking "Hard Rock/Heavy Metal", I had to vote for Rob Halford (no one can even come close to his range when he was younger). Second choice was Steven Tyler. Third was Ozzy, but that was hard. Maybe we should just make it one choice, then there would be no doubt.
Back to top Go down
GodSendBigBen
Xtreme Newb
GodSendBigBen

PostSubject: Re: Greatest Heavy Metal/Hard Rock Vocalist Of All-Time.   Greatest Heavy Metal/Hard Rock Vocalist Of All-Time. EmptySun May 20, 2012 2:46 am

W. Axl Rose. No one could hit the notes like him. He could on stage 3 hours late every night and people still would sit there and wait. Its not the same without Izzy, Slash, Duff, and Adler/Sorrum, but Axl still sells out concerts in minutes. I got the Appetite For Destruction cross tatted on my Bicep. GNF'N'R 4 Life.
Back to top Go down
http://johnyyrock.hubpages.com/
Steel Peon

Steel Peon

PostSubject: Re: Greatest Heavy Metal/Hard Rock Vocalist Of All-Time.   Greatest Heavy Metal/Hard Rock Vocalist Of All-Time. EmptySun Jun 07, 2015 9:14 pm

You gotta add Sammy Hagar to this list, because along with all of his major accolades, his voice doesn't ever seem to change and even to this day he sounds the same.

Fire Arians

PostSubject: Re: Greatest Heavy Metal/Hard Rock Vocalist Of All-Time.   Greatest Heavy Metal/Hard Rock Vocalist Of All-Time. EmptyMon Jun 08, 2015 7:40 pm

Growing up as a 90s kid my favorite was probably sebastian bach. Skid row was probably my first 'favorite' band.

But my favorite vocalist isn't on the list, Layne Staley from Alice in Chains. Dude had a really distinct voice, kinda like relaxed but powerful at the same time.

edit: oh snap there he is, nevermind, im retarded Greatest Heavy Metal/Hard Rock Vocalist Of All-Time. 1797695198
Back to top Go down
Fire Arians

Fire Arians

PostSubject: Re: Greatest Heavy Metal/Hard Rock Vocalist Of All-Time.   Greatest Heavy Metal/Hard Rock Vocalist Of All-Time. EmptyMon Jun 08, 2015 7:45 pm

BTW no curt cobain on this list? :P
Back to top Go down
Master_Of_Puppets

Master_Of_Puppets

PostSubject: Re: Greatest Heavy Metal/Hard Rock Vocalist Of All-Time.   Greatest Heavy Metal/Hard Rock Vocalist Of All-Time. EmptyFri Jul 03, 2015 3:48 am

Buddha Bus wrote:
Freddie Mercury added.  Greatest Heavy Metal/Hard Rock Vocalist Of All-Time. 184121345
good god buddha Greatest Heavy Metal/Hard Rock Vocalist Of All-Time. 1505004552 ...since when was freddie mercury in a hard rock or heavy metal band ...might as well throw elton john up there ... Greatest Heavy Metal/Hard Rock Vocalist Of All-Time. 2087824411
Back to top Go down
effyou515

effyou515

PostSubject: Re: Greatest Heavy Metal/Hard Rock Vocalist Of All-Time.   Greatest Heavy Metal/Hard Rock Vocalist Of All-Time. EmptyFri Jul 03, 2015 4:47 am

Greatest Heavy Metal/Hard Rock Vocalist Of All-Time. 2087824411 no MC5 Rob Tyner

Kick out the jams mother fucker Greatest Heavy Metal/Hard Rock Vocalist Of All-Time. 1372836603

And once again the truth is found
Back to top Go down
solardave

solardave

PostSubject: Re: Greatest Heavy Metal/Hard Rock Vocalist Of All-Time.   Greatest Heavy Metal/Hard Rock Vocalist Of All-Time. EmptyTue Jan 05, 2016 2:42 am

What about Jim Morrison? SRV?
Back to top Go down
Buddha Bus

Buddha Bus

PostSubject: Re: Greatest Heavy Metal/Hard Rock Vocalist Of All-Time.   Greatest Heavy Metal/Hard Rock Vocalist Of All-Time. EmptyTue Jan 05, 2016 5:09 am

Master_Of_Puppets wrote:
Buddha Bus wrote:
Freddie Mercury added.  Greatest Heavy Metal/Hard Rock Vocalist Of All-Time. 184121345
good god buddha Greatest Heavy Metal/Hard Rock Vocalist Of All-Time. 1505004552  ...since when was freddie mercury in a hard rock or heavy metal band ...might as well throw elton john up there ... Greatest Heavy Metal/Hard Rock Vocalist Of All-Time. 2087824411

Queen was definitely a hard rock band for Brian May's guitar work alone.

Back to top Go down
Buddha Bus

Buddha Bus

PostSubject: Re: Greatest Heavy Metal/Hard Rock Vocalist Of All-Time.   Greatest Heavy Metal/Hard Rock Vocalist Of All-Time. EmptyTue Jan 05, 2016 5:12 am

solardave wrote:

Only so many selections could be added. I'm not sure I consider Jim Morrison a hard rock vocalist and Stevie Ray Vaughan is a blues musician and much better guitarist than vocalist.

Last edited by Buddha Bus on Tue Jan 05, 2016 8:02 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
FrancoLambert

PostSubject: Re: Greatest Heavy Metal/Hard Rock Vocalist Of All-Time.   Greatest Heavy Metal/Hard Rock Vocalist Of All-Time. EmptyTue Jan 05, 2016 6:42 am

What......no Adele?????
Back to top Go down
Fire Arians

Fire Arians

PostSubject: Re: Greatest Heavy Metal/Hard Rock Vocalist Of All-Time.   Greatest Heavy Metal/Hard Rock Vocalist Of All-Time. EmptyTue Jan 05, 2016 12:01 pm

Justin Beiber fever!
Back to top Go down
ImperialFan

ImperialFan

PostSubject: Re: Greatest Heavy Metal/Hard Rock Vocalist Of All-Time.   Greatest Heavy Metal/Hard Rock Vocalist Of All-Time. EmptyTue Jan 05, 2016 9:53 pm

You are missing a lot of good bands, this is all old music.
what about Corey Taylor from slipknot? or Chad Gray from Mudvayne? or Mike Holt from nothing face, they are all extremely talented.

solardave

PostSubject: Re: Greatest Heavy Metal/Hard Rock Vocalist Of All-Time.   Greatest Heavy Metal/Hard Rock Vocalist Of All-Time. EmptyWed Jan 06, 2016 1:53 am

Buddha Bus wrote:
solardave wrote:

Only so many selections could be added. I'm not sure I consider Jim Morrison a hard rock vocalist and Stevie Ray Vaughan is a blues musician and much better guitarist than vocalist.

Yeah you're right Buddha but Morrison had a pretty good voice and SRV could play his butt off. Here's one that's not blues:https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KNciFfSQ5Jo

Stevie Ray could play it all.
Back to top Go down
Buddha Bus

Buddha Bus

PostSubject: Re: Greatest Heavy Metal/Hard Rock Vocalist Of All-Time.   Greatest Heavy Metal/Hard Rock Vocalist Of All-Time. EmptyWed Jan 06, 2016 5:13 am

solardave wrote:
Buddha Bus wrote:
solardave wrote:

Yeah you're right Buddha but Morrison had a pretty good voice and SRV could play his butt off. Here's one that's not blues:https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KNciFfSQ5Jo

Stevie Ray could play it all.

I'm not hating on Morrison. I like The Doors. I've just never really considered them a hard rock band.

Stevie Ray was a guitar god. Love his music.

Back to top Go down
harrison'samonster

harrison'samonster

PostSubject: Re: Greatest Heavy Metal/Hard Rock Vocalist Of All-Time.   Greatest Heavy Metal/Hard Rock Vocalist Of All-Time. EmptyWed Jan 06, 2016 8:25 am

Ozzy, Dio, Bon Scott, Rob Halford. Yes please.

PostSubject: Re: Greatest Heavy Metal/Hard Rock Vocalist Of All-Time.   Greatest Heavy Metal/Hard Rock Vocalist Of All-Time. Empty

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 1