Steelers Xtreme Forum

HomeSteelers sign WR Justin Hunter Home10RegisterLog inContact
Become a member of the Steelers Xtreme community to join in on the discussions and get access to members-only forums. Registering is free and easy.

Steelers sign WR Justin Hunter

Go down 
+13
WVABE
EbonySteel86
Drizztbob
SteelerFreak58
El-Gonzo Jackson
kan_t
steelers5895
kirklandrules
BKAnthem
solardave
effyou515
jak341
Stella Nation
17 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Stella Nation

Stella Nation

Steelers sign WR Justin Hunter Empty
PostSubject: Steelers sign WR Justin Hunter   Steelers sign WR Justin Hunter EmptyWed Mar 15, 2017 12:03 pm

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000793206/article/free-agency-day-7-justin-hunter-joining-steelers
Back to top Go down
jak341

jak341

PostSubject: Re: Steelers sign WR Justin Hunter   Steelers sign WR Justin Hunter EmptyWed Mar 15, 2017 12:29 pm

Not a bad depth signing. Raw skills, but hasn't been able to put it together.
Back to top Go down
effyou515

effyou515

PostSubject: Re: Steelers sign WR Justin Hunter   Steelers sign WR Justin Hunter EmptyWed Mar 15, 2017 12:46 pm

jak341 wrote:
Not a bad depth signing. Raw skills, but hasn't been able to put it together.

Coach Mann can coach him up. like them raw skills as long as the bad habits can be corrected.

And once again the truth is found
Back to top Go down
solardave

solardave

PostSubject: Re: Steelers sign WR Justin Hunter   Steelers sign WR Justin Hunter EmptyWed Mar 15, 2017 2:21 pm

He's gotta be better than Coates as a deep threat. Ran a 4.36 at the combine. If he can catch who knows.
Back to top Go down
BKAnthem

PostSubject: Re: Steelers sign WR Justin Hunter   Steelers sign WR Justin Hunter EmptyWed Mar 15, 2017 3:20 pm

he has decent hands...he just needs to learn how to run routes
Back to top Go down
kirklandrules

kirklandrules

PostSubject: Re: Steelers sign WR Justin Hunter   Steelers sign WR Justin Hunter EmptyWed Mar 15, 2017 5:01 pm

BKAnthem wrote:
he has decent hands...he just needs to learn how to run routes

He seems to have issues with the mental part of the game. That was an issue at Tenn when he was in college. He was drafted probably higher than he should have been given his physical attributes. Hopefully he learns a thing or two otherwise Ben won't want him on the field.
Back to top Go down
steelers5895
Banned

PostSubject: Re: Steelers sign WR Justin Hunter   Steelers sign WR Justin Hunter EmptyWed Mar 15, 2017 5:51 pm

typical smart signing. a player with a ton of talent who underachieved on other teams. if there is one position the steelers are great at developing is a wr and his size and speed and red zone abiltity make him a VERY smart signing.

10 catches and 4 for tds? nuts!!!

he never had a QB like ben and another WR like brown on his team to get him to where he needs to be.

oh, and if he doesn't make the team or is a bust, no harm no foul.

low risk, high reward signing. Not going to make headlines but smart!
Back to top Go down
kan_t

PostSubject: Re: Steelers sign WR Justin Hunter   Steelers sign WR Justin Hunter EmptyWed Mar 15, 2017 10:21 pm

He's an insurance of Coates and Bryant. If everything goes well he would not make the team.
Back to top Go down
El-Gonzo Jackson

El-Gonzo Jackson

PostSubject: Re: Steelers sign WR Justin Hunter   Steelers sign WR Justin Hunter EmptyThu Mar 16, 2017 2:06 am

I like the pickup. Showed promise with the Titans, but has he really had any kind of QB to work with in the NFL?
Back to top Go down
SteelerFreak58

SteelerFreak58

PostSubject: Re: Steelers sign WR Justin Hunter   Steelers sign WR Justin Hunter EmptyThu Mar 16, 2017 9:24 am

I think it was a solid pick up for the price. He will add depth and can stretch the field for the team.
Back to top Go down
Drizztbob

Drizztbob

PostSubject: Re: Steelers sign WR Justin Hunter   Steelers sign WR Justin Hunter EmptyThu Mar 16, 2017 9:33 am

What was the money here?

kirklandrules

kirklandrules

PostSubject: Re: Steelers sign WR Justin Hunter   Steelers sign WR Justin Hunter EmptyThu Mar 16, 2017 9:50 am

El-Gonzo Jackson wrote:
I like the pickup.  Showed promise with the Titans, but has he really had any kind of QB to work with in the NFL?  

Yep, and because Ben likes big, fast WRs, he's at least going to give the guy a chance.

I'm not sure I believe this guy is insurance in case Bryant and Coats don't pan out. Hunter isn't going to come in a become Bryant, that's for sure. I don't think Hey-Bey needs to worry about this as well (Hunter isn't know for blocking and doesn't contribute on ST as DHB does). If he finds his way onto the 53 man roster, which is far from guaranteed, Cobi Hamilton might be the guy getting squeezed.

I like the signing because it cost the Steelers next to nothing, Hunter has great physical traits and if they are able to get him to somehow understand the finer details of the playbook (be on the same page with Ben at all times), then they hit the jackpot. Welcome to the team, Justin Hunter, I'll be rooting for you!

Drizztbob wrote:
What was the money here? 
It's a one year contract, but as of this morning, no financials have been provided. I would be surprised if it was much above the minimum.
Back to top Go down
jak341

jak341

PostSubject: Re: Steelers sign WR Justin Hunter   Steelers sign WR Justin Hunter EmptyThu Mar 16, 2017 12:13 pm

kirklandrules wrote:
El-Gonzo Jackson wrote:
I like the pickup.  Showed promise with the Titans, but has he really had any kind of QB to work with in the NFL?  

Yep, and because Ben likes big, fast WRs, he's at least going to give the guy a chance.

I'm not sure I believe this guy is insurance in case Bryant and Coats don't pan out. Hunter isn't going to come in a become Bryant, that's for sure. I don't think Hey-Bey needs to worry about this as well (Hunter isn't know for blocking and doesn't contribute on ST as DHB does). If he finds his way onto the 53 man roster, which is far from guaranteed, Cobi Hamilton might be the guy getting squeezed.

I like the signing because it cost the Steelers next to nothing, Hunter has great physical traits and if they are able to get him to somehow understand the finer details of the playbook (be on the same page with Ben at all times), then they hit the jackpot. Welcome to the team, Justin Hunter, I'll be rooting for you!

Drizztbob wrote:
What was the money here? 
It's a one year contract, but as of this morning, no financials have been provided. I would be surprised if it was much above the minimum.

With Hunter, here is what I think the depth chart looks like:
1) Brown
2) Bryant
3) Rodgers
4) DHB
5) Coates
6) A fight between Ayers, Hamilton, and Hunter.
Back to top Go down
kirklandrules

kirklandrules

PostSubject: Re: Steelers sign WR Justin Hunter   Steelers sign WR Justin Hunter EmptyThu Mar 16, 2017 1:08 pm

jak341 wrote:
kirklandrules wrote:
El-Gonzo Jackson wrote:

Drizztbob wrote:
What was the money here? 

1) Brown
2) Bryant
3) Rodgers
4) DHB
5) Coates
6) A fight between Ayers, Hamilton, and Hunter.

I agree. Although with Coates, he may end up at the 4 spot. He was pretty good prior to his injuries last season.
Back to top Go down
EbonySteel86

PostSubject: Re: Steelers sign WR Justin Hunter   Steelers sign WR Justin Hunter EmptyMon Mar 20, 2017 7:46 am

Good signing. Takes more heat off AB. If Green can stay healthy, the offense should be scary
Back to top Go down
Drizztbob

Drizztbob

PostSubject: Re: Steelers sign WR Justin Hunter   Steelers sign WR Justin Hunter EmptyMon Mar 20, 2017 1:18 pm

EbonySteel86 wrote:
Good signing. Takes more heat off AB. If Green can stay healthy, the offense should be scary

Feels like last year when ON PAPER, we should be lighting it up on offense, but in reality we couldn't put up those points when it mattered the most.

solardave

solardave

PostSubject: Re: Steelers sign WR Justin Hunter   Steelers sign WR Justin Hunter EmptyTue Mar 21, 2017 5:53 am

jak341 wrote:
kirklandrules wrote:
El-Gonzo Jackson wrote:

Drizztbob wrote:
What was the money here? 

1) Brown Lock
2) Bryant Up to him
3) Rodgers Slot
4) DHB STs
5) Coates I think Hunter fights for this spot.
6) A fight between Ayers, Hamilton, and Hunter. I think this might be Ayers,Hamilton and Coates
Back to top Go down
WVABE

PostSubject: Re: Steelers sign WR Justin Hunter   Steelers sign WR Justin Hunter EmptyWed Mar 22, 2017 7:09 am

I liked what I saw in Hamilton hate to see him cut.
Back to top Go down
FrancoLambert

PostSubject: Re: Steelers sign WR Justin Hunter   Steelers sign WR Justin Hunter EmptyWed Mar 22, 2017 8:42 am

Drizztbob wrote:
EbonySteel86 wrote:

Feels like last year when ON PAPER, we should be lighting it up on offense, but in reality we couldn't put up those points when it mattered the most.

Steelers sign WR Justin Hunter 3964572787

Agreed. I hope they hold off on projecting 30+ points per game like they did last year.

Tooooo many red zone failures.
Back to top Go down
Master_Of_Puppets

Master_Of_Puppets

PostSubject: Re: Steelers sign WR Justin Hunter   Steelers sign WR Justin Hunter EmptyWed Mar 22, 2017 7:15 pm

Quote :
Martavis Bryant fires back at Justin Hunter comparisons

Martavis Bryant is waiting on reinstatement from the NFL, but he has taken notice of a recent free agent signing the Pittsburgh Steelers have made.

The Steelers signed wide receiver Justin Hunter earlier this week, who is similar in physical measurables, but Bryant wants to make it known that he is the better player.

Stop it with the non sense people go check my film out and compare it..
— Martavis Bryant (@ThaBestUNO) March 15, 2017

Bryant has not been able to stay on the field due to substance abuse problems, but he could have extra motivated to prove his worth to the Steelers after their recent signing as the team tries to find a consistent No. 2 option next to Antonio Brown.

sounds like someone doesn't like the idea of competition. not exactly the words of a TEAM player , who would wish the newbie well and root for his success....for the teams benefit.
Back to top Go down
solardave

solardave

PostSubject: Re: Steelers sign WR Justin Hunter   Steelers sign WR Justin Hunter EmptySun Mar 26, 2017 9:06 am

Master_Of_Puppets wrote:
Quote :

Martavis Bryant is waiting on reinstatement from the NFL, but he has taken notice of a recent free agent signing the Pittsburgh Steelers have made.

The Steelers signed wide receiver Justin Hunter earlier this week, who is similar in physical measurables, but Bryant wants to make it known that he is the better player.

Stop it with the non sense people go check my film YOU MEAN YOUR 2016 FILM? CHILD PLEASE!!out and compare it..

Bryant has not been able to stay on the field due to substance abuse problems, but he could have extra motivated to prove his worth to the Steelers after their recent signing as the team tries to find a consistent No. 2 option next to Antonio Brown.

sounds like someone doesn't like the idea of competition.  not exactly the words of a TEAM player , who would wish the newbie well and root for his success....for the teams benefit.

We got Hunter for peanuts. Why not kick the tires a little. It sure looks like Bryant needs to wake up, realize he is lucky to play in this league and blessed to be a Steeler. Grow up kid!
Back to top Go down
Drizztbob

Drizztbob

PostSubject: Re: Steelers sign WR Justin Hunter   Steelers sign WR Justin Hunter EmptySun Mar 26, 2017 10:07 am

Hunter will prob struggle to make the team to be honest...check out what Labriola said:

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/report-justin-hunter-is-no-shoo-in-to-make-the-steelers/

kan_t

PostSubject: Re: Steelers sign WR Justin Hunter   Steelers sign WR Justin Hunter EmptySun Mar 26, 2017 1:26 pm

Drizztbob wrote:
Hunter will prob struggle to make the team to be honest...check out what Labriola said:

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/report-justin-hunter-is-no-shoo-in-to-make-the-steelers/
As I said earlier, he will likely be the odd man out if everything goes well. You have AB, Coates, Rogers and DHB who are going to make the team. If Bryant is reinstated, he is another lock. Then you have Ayers who has shown some promises and could return punt. Hunter is likely an insurance to Coates and Bryant only.
Back to top Go down
kan_t

PostSubject: Re: Steelers sign WR Justin Hunter   Steelers sign WR Justin Hunter EmptySun Mar 26, 2017 1:28 pm

Master_Of_Puppets wrote:
Quote :

Stop it with the non sense people go check my film out and compare it..

sounds like someone doesn't like the idea of competition.  not exactly the words of a TEAM player , who would wish the newbie well and root for his success....for the teams benefit.

I'm starting to think that the Steelers will dump him for something like a 5th round pick before trade deadline and they are going to pick a WR in the coming draft.
Back to top Go down
IowaSteeler927

IowaSteeler927

PostSubject: Re: Steelers sign WR Justin Hunter   Steelers sign WR Justin Hunter EmptyTue Mar 28, 2017 4:29 am

I like the signing. Hasn't lived up to his billing but playing on a team with a future HOFer in Ben Roethlisberger might light a fire under his ass.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyGLM8goxBzHK5YBJBS9uaQ
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Steelers sign WR Justin Hunter   Steelers sign WR Justin Hunter Empty

Back to top Go down

Steelers sign WR Justin Hunter
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next