Steelers Xtreme Forum

HomeDraft discussion Home10RegisterLog inContact
Become a member of the Steelers Xtreme community to join in on the discussions and get access to members-only forums. Registering is free and easy.

Draft discussion

Go down 
+9
El-Gonzo Jackson
Fire Arians
LambertWardSteel
FrancoLambert
effyou515
ImmaculateGreenePolamalu
Stella Nation
IowaSteeler927
Wallace108
13 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Wallace108

Wallace108

Draft discussion Empty
PostSubject: Draft discussion   Draft discussion EmptyThu Apr 27, 2017 9:05 pm

Is it just me or did Myles Garrett look like someone shot his dog when the Browns drafted him? Or perhaps he's just a really laid back dude. Either way, he didn't seem overly excited.

If you're going to be a smart ass, you'd better be smart. Otherwise, you're just an ass.
Back to top Go down
http://www.steelersxtreme.com/
Wallace108

Wallace108

Draft discussion Empty
PostSubject: Re: Draft discussion   Draft discussion EmptyThu Apr 27, 2017 9:10 pm

Tweet of the night so far ...

John R. Kampf @JKBuckeyes
All those mock drafts over the past two months are campfire kindling right now. NO ONE had Garrett, Trubisky, Allen, Fournette, Davis.

If you're going to be a smart ass, you'd better be smart. Otherwise, you're just an ass.
Back to top Go down
IowaSteeler927

IowaSteeler927

Draft discussion Empty
PostSubject: Re: Draft discussion   Draft discussion EmptyFri Apr 28, 2017 8:25 am

Wallace108 wrote:
Is it just me or did Myles Garrett look like someone shot his dog when the Browns drafted him? Or perhaps he's just a really laid back dude. Either way, he didn't seem overly excited.

Hahaha is anyone happy when they get drafted by the Cleveland Browns!? Draft discussion 1797695198

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyGLM8goxBzHK5YBJBS9uaQ
Stella Nation

Stella Nation

Draft discussion Empty
PostSubject: Re: Draft discussion   Draft discussion EmptyFri Apr 28, 2017 10:00 am

All mocking of the Browns aside, they are doing a great job since last year's draft. They got a pretty good draft last year and they added 3 playmakers yesterday. I absolutaly love Garrett, Peppers and Njoku. With the addition of Collins and Pryor they are starting to get a really talented roster. And now they also have obtained two first round and three two round picks in next year's draft. You may mock me about this and I would hate to see it happen but if the Browns find a franchise QB they will be a play-off contender within 3 years and a superbowl contender within 5-6 years.
Back to top Go down
Wallace108

Wallace108

Draft discussion Empty
PostSubject: Re: Draft discussion   Draft discussion EmptyFri Apr 28, 2017 10:25 am

Stella Nation wrote:
All mocking of the Browns aside, they are doing a great job since last year's draft. They got a pretty good draft last year and they added 3 playmakers yesterday. I absolutaly love Garrett, Peppers and Njoku. With the addition of Collins and Pryor they are starting to get a really talented roster. And now they also have obtained two first round and three two round picks in next year's draft. You may mock me about this and I would hate to see it happen but if the Browns find a franchise QB they will be a play-off contender within 3 years and a superbowl contender within 5-6 years.

I'M certainly not going to mock you for that comment. I live in Northeast Ohio and obviously know lots of Browns fans. Just a few days ago I told a couple co-workers, who are Browns fans, that I believe the Browns are closer to turning things around than what they might think. So yeah, I agree with your assessment that they're a QB short of being a playoff contender. I don't see them getting close to a Super Bowl anytime soon though, even with a better QB. But this is the modern NFL, where teams can go from last to first in one year. We've seen unlikely teams reach the Super Bowl, so who can say for sure that the Browns can't do it within your timeframe?

But until they do, they're still the Factory of Sadness. Draft discussion 1664291743

Back to top Go down
ImmaculateGreenePolamalu

Draft discussion Empty
PostSubject: Re: Draft discussion   Draft discussion EmptyFri Apr 28, 2017 12:09 pm

Wallace108 wrote:
Stella Nation wrote:

I'M certainly not going to mock you for that comment. I live in Northeast Ohio and obviously know lots of Browns fans. Just a few days ago I told a couple co-workers, who are Browns fans, that I believe the Browns are closer to turning things around than what they might think. So yeah, I agree with your assessment that they're a QB short of being a playoff contender. I don't see them getting close to a Super Bowl anytime soon though, even with a better QB. But this is the modern NFL, where teams can go from last to first in one year. We've seen unlikely teams reach the Super Bowl, so who can say for sure that the Browns can't do it within your timeframe?

But until they do, they're still the Factory of Sadness. Draft discussion 1664291743

They are doing a good job accumulating talent. The key for them will be patience by management and I know that's a tough pill for their fans to swallow since they have been nothing but patient but I do think if they continue on the track they're on, they will be a legitimate contender.  I have to say, as much as I dislike the Browns with them being a hated rival and all, I do have sympathy for their fans since they're a loyal bunch and I developed a soft spot for Clevelanders since my dad's one grandmotehr was born there (but thank God her Dad moved the family to Pittsburgh at an early age, otherwise I wouldn't be here or just as important a Steelers fan), but the people there were real nice at helping me research. Sorry rambling. The factory of Sadness guy, he's the one who did the Cleveland tourism videos right?
Back to top Go down
effyou515

effyou515

Draft discussion Empty
PostSubject: Re: Draft discussion   Draft discussion EmptyFri Apr 28, 2017 3:27 pm

The Browns now have very good people running football operations and headcoach now their doing a good job building the team up. they won't draft a QB this year they'll do that next year.

And once again the truth is found
Back to top Go down
Wallace108

Wallace108

Draft discussion Empty
PostSubject: Re: Draft discussion   Draft discussion EmptyFri Apr 28, 2017 3:48 pm

ImmaculateGreenePolamalu wrote:
The factory of Sadness guy, he's the one who did the Cleveland tourism videos right?

Yep

Back to top Go down
Wallace108

Wallace108

Draft discussion Empty
PostSubject: Re: Draft discussion   Draft discussion EmptyFri Apr 28, 2017 3:55 pm

I moved this thread to the Steelers forum for draft discussions. Steelers picks will each get their own thread for discussion.

Back to top Go down
FrancoLambert

Draft discussion Empty
PostSubject: Re: Draft discussion   Draft discussion EmptyFri Apr 28, 2017 4:17 pm

Leading up to the draft, did any of our college football experts  Draft discussion 469886443  compile a scouting report on the Ravens first round pick, CB Marlon Humphrey?   Draft discussion 2087824411

Just wondering.   Draft discussion 2893009358
Back to top Go down
ImmaculateGreenePolamalu

Draft discussion Empty
PostSubject: Re: Draft discussion   Draft discussion EmptyFri Apr 28, 2017 4:39 pm

Wallace108 wrote:
The factory of Sadness guy, he's the one who did the Cleveland tourism videos right?

Yep

those were funny as hell. I give him credit for having a good sense of humor about it all.
Back to top Go down
LambertWardSteel

Draft discussion Empty
PostSubject: Re: Draft discussion   Draft discussion EmptyFri Apr 28, 2017 9:31 pm

A little surprised Steelers went WR in 2nd round.

Fire Arians

Draft discussion Empty
PostSubject: Re: Draft discussion   Draft discussion EmptySat Apr 29, 2017 12:41 am

LambertWardSteel wrote:

I like the pick. TBH all of our receivers minus antonio brown were performing below the line. Coates showed promise until his hand injury, but that injury totally derailed our offense, it wasn't the same any more. Bryant is proving on twitter that he can't be trusted 100%. The jury is still out on Coates. The pick does fill a need and makes sense. Our lack of a decent #2 WR really hurt us at times.
Back to top Go down
El-Gonzo Jackson

El-Gonzo Jackson

Draft discussion Empty
PostSubject: Re: Draft discussion   Draft discussion EmptySat Apr 29, 2017 1:25 am

FrancoLambert wrote:
Leading up to the draft, did any of our college football experts  Draft discussion 469886443  compile a scouting report on the Ravens first round pick, CB Marlon Humphrey?   Draft discussion 2087824411

Just wondering.   Draft discussion 2893009358

No scouting report, but the kid is a big, fast and physical corner. His dad was a good RB at Bama back in the day, so athletic genetics. They definitely got a good CB and the 3rd round pick of Wormley bugs me too as he is a solid 3-4 DE with pass rush skills. We didn't need more DE's, but I was hoping he would not go in the division. Ravens having a good draft, but I am not sold on the kid from Houston panning out.

As for Steelers, so far I thought they got BPA in OLB, WR, and slot CB, which are all areas of need. Would have rather seen Desmond King or Jake Butt instead of Connor in the 3rd, but needed RB depth too.
Back to top Go down
LambertWardSteel

Draft discussion Empty
PostSubject: Re: Draft discussion   Draft discussion EmptySat Apr 29, 2017 4:30 am

Fire Arians wrote:
LambertWardSteel wrote:

I like the pick. TBH all of our receivers minus antonio brown were performing below the line. Coates showed promise until his hand injury, but that injury totally derailed our offense, it wasn't the same any more. Bryant is proving on twitter that he can't be trusted 100%. The jury is still out on Coates. The pick does fill a need and makes sense. Our lack of a decent #2 WR really hurt us at times.

Yeah, don't get me wrong. I like they got a WR too. As you say they do need to make sure things are covered with the uncertainty behind AB. I just really thought they were gung-ho CB either 1-2. I love the Watt pick, with that need taken care of, I just felt certain a CB was coming next so it surprised me. That being said a lot of defensive secondary players were dropping before the Steelers picked.

It seems Shuster could be a lot like Hines Ward which is definitely to my liking. If things fall into place in 17...Bryant-Green-another WR or two, Conner backing Bell, this could be one lethal offense.
Back to top Go down
El-Gonzo Jackson

El-Gonzo Jackson

Draft discussion Empty
PostSubject: Re: Draft discussion   Draft discussion EmptySat Apr 29, 2017 9:48 am

LambertWardSteel wrote:
Fire Arians wrote:
LambertWardSteel wrote:

Yeah, don't get me wrong. I like they got a WR too. As you say they do need to make sure things are covered with the uncertainty behind AB. I just really thought they were gung-ho CB either 1-2. I love the Watt pick, with that need taken care of, I just felt certain a CB was coming next so it surprised me. That being said a lot of defensive secondary players were dropping before the Steelers picked.

It seems Shuster could be a lot like Hines Ward which is definitely to my liking. If things fall into place in 17...Bryant-Green-another WR or two, Conner backing Bell, this could be one lethal offense.

This offense was supposed to be lethal last year. But when you cant count on your #2 WR and the free agent TE is questionable to play, you become less than lethal. Smith-Schuster is just what was needed. I also wonder if the knee of Jake Butt is OK, because I think they could use him going forward more than trying to rely on Green.
Back to top Go down
Wallace108

Wallace108

Draft discussion Empty
PostSubject: Re: Draft discussion   Draft discussion EmptySat Apr 29, 2017 12:49 pm

I never disliked the Eagles. Until this draft.

Back to top Go down
ImmaculateGreenePolamalu

Draft discussion Empty
PostSubject: Re: Draft discussion   Draft discussion EmptySat Apr 29, 2017 12:57 pm

Wallace108 wrote:
Yeah I see what my Cowboy fan friend means now heh. I mean so much bragging for a franchise that has never won a SB.
Back to top Go down
ImmaculateGreenePolamalu

Draft discussion Empty
PostSubject: Re: Draft discussion   Draft discussion EmptySat Apr 29, 2017 12:58 pm

What do you guys want to do here in Rd-4? I don't know the college game at all or who we brought in.
Back to top Go down
Wallace108

Wallace108

Draft discussion Empty
PostSubject: Re: Draft discussion   Draft discussion EmptySat Apr 29, 2017 1:04 pm

Wallace108 wrote:
Yeah I see what my Cowboy fan friend means now heh. I mean so much bragging for a franchise that has never won a SB.

I've heard the Eagles fight song enough over the last 3 days to get me through the rest of my life.

Back to top Go down
ImmaculateGreenePolamalu

Draft discussion Empty
PostSubject: Re: Draft discussion   Draft discussion EmptySat Apr 29, 2017 1:05 pm

Wallace108 wrote:
Wallace108 wrote:

I've heard the Eagles fight song enough over the last 3 days to get me through the rest of my life.
Yeah, give me here Here We Go anyday. I like the draft but man it drags on.
Back to top Go down
Wallace108

Wallace108

Draft discussion Empty
PostSubject: Re: Draft discussion   Draft discussion EmptySat Apr 29, 2017 1:12 pm

Wallace108 wrote:
Wallace108 wrote:

Since we're complaining ...

I hate how after the 3rd round the emphasis is on who is making the selection, rather than the player being selected. The first 3 rounds feel like a draft. The later rounds are a circus.

Back to top Go down
ImmaculateGreenePolamalu

Draft discussion Empty
PostSubject: Re: Draft discussion   Draft discussion EmptySat Apr 29, 2017 1:14 pm

Wallace108 wrote:
Wallace108 wrote:
Wallace108 wrote:

Since we're complaining ...

I hate how after the 3rd round the emphasis is on who is making the selection, rather than the player being selected. The first 3 rounds feel like a draft. The later rounds are a circus.
Yeah. I also don't like it when they really ramble too. I mean I get for many of these people, it's their only time in the spotlight but I just wish it was "With the so and so pick in the draft, the so and so pick so and so, a so and so from so and so." Anyhow, we're coming up fairly soon.
Back to top Go down
Wallace108

Wallace108

Draft discussion Empty
PostSubject: Re: Draft discussion   Draft discussion EmptySat Apr 29, 2017 1:24 pm

Anyhow, we're coming up fairly soon.

Good, then we'll have something else to complain about. Ben LOL

Back to top Go down
ImmaculateGreenePolamalu

Draft discussion Empty
PostSubject: Re: Draft discussion   Draft discussion EmptySat Apr 29, 2017 1:41 pm

Wallace108 wrote:
Anyhow, we're coming up fairly soon.

Good, then we'll have something else to complain about. Ben LOL

Hahaha. At least it's going to start going faster now (I hope).
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Draft discussion Empty
PostSubject: Re: Draft discussion   Draft discussion Empty

Back to top Go down

Draft discussion
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next